LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Horseback riding with diapers

Hello,

I'm new here, Before I've become incontinent I used to take horseback riding lessons every week 

I've passed a long recovery process and now ready to back to the saddle but do afraid that the diapers will disturb  (I’m an heavy wetter and using extremely thick diapers which are causing  me to waddle like a toddler)

Do you have any experience with horseback riding with diapers? will it have an effect on my riding skills? 

Thanks 

This is interesting. I’m whittling away at the list of things I haven’t done while wearing a diaper, but one of them that remains is horseback riding for sure. I have ridden horses before - I used to jump them when I was younger - but it’s not something I’ve done with a diaper on, even when I was a kid. I have gone mountain biking wearing a diaper a few times now, and I’d say that’s probably a somewhat comparable activity in terms of the toll it can take on you, and whatever you’re wearing. I think I might have been on a horse once, for a few minutes, since I’ve been wearing diapers again, but it wasn’t long enough to impact what I was wearing. 

Choosing diapers for exercise, be it running or hiking or riding a bike, I generally look more for situational performance than longevity, because after I’m done, I’m taking a shower and tossing the diaper, anyway, so it doesn’t have to have 18 hour capacity. However that may be different for you if you go for long trail rides, for example. 

What you wear also has an influence; when I run, I wear athletic shorts that aren’t very heavy, so I go with a relatively slim diaper. If you ride wearing jeans and chaps, maybe you could get away with something heavy. It it’s jodhpurs, those are harder to hide a bulky diaper under. 

I’ve found that Prevail makes some good products - they have tabs that never quit, they’re relatively slim, they’re inexpensive, which is good since I’m probably going to be throwing it out after a couple of hours, and, they don’t chafe or otherwise irritate me, and they don’t fall apart. Absolute capacity is less of a concern for me, though - I just need them to work for a couple of hours. I also find that when I sweat, I produce less liquid output elsewhere. I’ve used their Per-Fit 360’s for exercise for a couple of years now. They have stretchy wings and strong Velcro-like tabs, fitting more or less like an adult-sized toddler diaper such as a Pampers Cruiser. Maybe give them a try?

I have ridden diapered with no problem. we live on a farm and a relative visits and brings his mules with him. We go riding throughout the farm which has a creek we cross in several places. We don't canter or gallop but I find a Confidry 24/7 is a nice cushion in a western saddle.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 3
7 hours ago, babypiggy said:

Do you have any experience with horseback riding with diapers? will it have an effect on my riding skills? 

Thanks 

No, but it sounds like fun. I used to ride quite a bit. But it has been years.

I've gone on a trail ride pretty much every year on vacation, on both horses and mules. Always diapered, never a problem. However, I DID start wearing plastic pants over my disposable diaper when taking a horseback ride... One time, with all the jostling around in the saddle, some how my diaper split in the back, (Even under jeans..) and when I dismounted at the end, chunks of diaper filling were falling out of my pant leg!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2022 at 7:14 AM, rusty pins said:

How many have ridden a horse in a messy diaper?  How did you like it when bouncing around in the saddle on horseback with a big mess in the seat of your diaper?

That has always been a dream of mine,  to go horse back riding with a messy diaper on.  I'd think that it would be totally amazing.  The feeling,  with the constant motion,  with the mess squishing all over inside of my diaper would have to be incredible. 

I have never ridden a horse in a diaper but I frequently ride my quad and am always diapered. I have been many miles away from home and pooped my diaper because I have no control over my bodily output. There have been quite a few wet rides home and several messy rides home over the last 4 years. When riding home in a poopy diaper, the mess tends to get spread all over my bottom from all the bumps along the trail.

• Like 1

I've never ever even seen a horse in a diaper, much less ridden a horse in a diaper.  That has to be one huge diaper to be able to fit a horse, and would you just shove the horse's tale out through the side or cut a hole in the back of the diaper for the tail to fit through?  The way horses are always pooping, I'd hate to be the one who has to change the horse's diapers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 6/20/2022 at 3:29 PM, fillemup said:

I have never ridden a horse in a diaper but I frequently ride my quad and am always diapered. I have been many miles away from home and pooped my diaper because I have no control over my bodily output. There have been quite a few wet rides home and several messy rides home over the last 4 years. When riding home in a poopy diaper, the mess tends to get spread all over my bottom from all the bumps along the trail.

A messy ride home on a quad has to be amazing. 

I'd probably take the long way home.  A really,  really long way home.

On 6/20/2022 at 5:55 PM, rusty pins said:

I've never ever even seen a horse in a diaper, much less ridden a horse in a diaper.  That has to be one huge diaper to be able to fit a horse, and would you just shove the horse's tale out through the side or cut a hole in the back of the diaper for the tail to fit through?  The way horses are always pooping, I'd hate to be the one who has to change the horse's diapers!

@rusty pins

my stepmother used to have two horses. There were times when she would take the horses and ride them around to exercise them. This is when they had a lot of space to be able to move around on our property, and usually most of the time there was no issue. However, we know that horses have to use the facilities. We also know that most horses will just let it go and it will fall to the ground and you have to deal with horse manure. When that happens you take a shovel and you end up shoveling it up and then putting it on the manure pile or wherever you place it.

Sometimes, when you take a horse somewhere, you always have a way to be able to deal with most situations. You have the saddle the bridle and the bit and everything that you need, along with your riding helmet your crop your boots and anything else you need. One of the things I noticed was that my stepmother would sometimes take a baby diaper probably size large and somehow would use it on the horse to be able to catch what he would release. Because you would not be able to literally diaper a horse, I think what she would do is use that to catch anything that he would expel from his rear end. Therefore, in a way that horse is diapered, however it is not to the full extent: so I have seen a diaper being used on a horse, but a baby diaper I'm not sure why or how you would be able to use it to catch whatever he would release.

When I was about 11 or 12 possibly 13 years old, I had an opportunity to ride horses at my former physical therapists farm. She had several horses, and a pony that was specifically trained to respond to the riders command.  Her name was dotsy - my therapist had trained this horse to be able to respond to the writers command. One of the commands that she was able to instill in the horse was that when someone grabbed around her neck and held her very gently, the horse would come to a complete stop and would not resume movement until the rider gave her command and a nudge in the side to either walk trot or canter. I was lucky enough to learn how to walk and trot, but I never got the nerve to ask her to canter, and I did not really have the time to get that far, because at the time my riding lessons ceased and I was unable to get back to ride with her. She also would be able to respond to commands such as:"Woah/Stand" or any command that started with walk please/ trot please/ gallop or cantor  please or stop please. Grabbing around the horses neck was an immediate indicator that the rider wanted the horse to stop. The horse was very good to me and was very gentle and would not hurt me. I even got to helped my therapist remove all her tackle, feed water and brush her down, and each time when she did something good for me, she either got an apple which I got to feed her, or the therapist would give me a bunch of carrots and I would be able to feed her the carrots. I had an old teacher in 5th grade who deals with Morgan horses, and there were several of them that she trained and rode  one of them, I believe is named tanguay, and she was a champion: not sure exactly about this but that's what I think I heard. When someone loves horses as much as some of my friends do, they I enjoy their company in more ways than one, and I learned a lot when I rode horses during the time that I did: one of the things I learned was not to be afraid of them: when my stepmother had horses however, it was not as easy as just being able to mount her and be able to ride: so I had to learn that a horse can move at any way at anytime, so you have to be careful when standing next to him or behind him so that they don't step on you. One of our dogs learned that lesson one day, because the dog decided to bark at the horse, in front of the horsepen, and then as a shocking surprise, the dog started nipping at the horse. The horse retaliated by stepping on the dogs foot and the dog ended up limping away in pain and howling so we had to take the dog to the vet. Let me tell you: that dog did not mess with the horse anymore!

horses are fine animals: they provided transportation for many of us in the olden days, or in the Old West, or in times when vehicles were not invented yet, or just to give us exercise. When you are close to a horse, you think of him or her as a child or a family member and when you lose a horse that can be traumatic to you as well. Sometimes it is hard when you have animals that you take care of, and you lose one period if you are a farmer for example, you may end up raising chickens or pigs or cattle or whatever, and you have to be able to understand that once you raise them to full adulthood, sometimes you have to slaughter them, so that you end up eating the meat from them, so you kind of maybe a little sad as you lose your friends. However horses are not meat animals, but they do go to the "glue factory/slaughterhouse sometimes and this is bad for the horse, because most horses are able to live out their life in a nice place if they're retired and treated with respect. When somebody says they send a horse to a glue factory, I kind of thought that was kind of hilarious, but I do understand that there are some people that actually sodar horses or they use them for meat, but I've never eaten something like that nor would I want to eat a horse.

As I said I have been around horses most of my life, even though I have not owned a horse, but I have had friends that have had them, and each one is a unique animal, which I respect. If horses are treated with respect, they usually respect you, but it takes a long time for a rider to be able to trust the horse, and the horse has to be able to trust you, and once you have gotten past that, or horse is a friend for life, who you believe will always be with you in life and in death - I love horses, but I'm not able to ride anymore - but I will never forget the time that I spent riding a horse, because it helped me with my therapy as well as being something that was relaxing

Brian

• Like 1
On 6/20/2022 at 4:55 PM, rusty pins said:

Next time you watch a parade that has horses, look closely. The horses are usually "diapered" to protect the parade route.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

Next time you watch a parade that has horses, look closely. The horses are usually "diapered" to protect the parade route.

They call it a diaper,  but it's more like a catcher.