LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pizza prices

I wanted some pizza tonight. At one joint in order to place an order online you have to sign up for their phone messages. No thanks, I don't need your messages.

I went to Papa John's and picked out a deal. When I went to the cart, my pizza was $1.50 more than the deal. WTF? Where did the extra money come from. Note that the delivery charge was completely separate and additional. I couldn't even complain to Papa John's, because you need an order number to complain about.

So I went to Domino's and figured I would go with their $6.99 delivery deal. My pizzas were $8.49. Again $1.50 more than the advertised price. Again the delivery charge was separate. I at least could complain to Domino's. 

So when ordering online, be sure to check what they are charging you!

• Like 1

I'll never order from papa John's because the founder is an anti-worker big game hunting anti affordable care act scumbag. Domino's messed up my order and refused to refund it properly, offering things I didn't need and would never use, so not ordering from them. And finally, I live in New Jersey, where the best pizza in the country is made, so it's not like I have to settle for that mass produced nonsense. I'm spoiled.

It’s possible they are changing extra, for a credit card purchase. Vendors pay for the privilege, of offering credit card payment to customers. With everything going up in cost these days, some restaurants, gas stations, markets are passing on that extra credit card charge to customers. Something, they up till now, have not charged extra for. 

@warpiper, sham on you! There are great mom & pop pizza joints, on every other corner in New Jersey. You can’t order that stuff, like it was Nebraska or something! (No offense to anyone out there in Nebraska, I’m sure you got your goodies) Wow, next time just stick your head out the front door, and yell pizza please! You’ll have 6 guys show up, with some damn good pizzas ? ?

One of my relatives loves Papa John's, so I've eaten there plenty. I like the garlic sauce for dipping my crust in. ?  I haven't had Dominos or Little Caesar's in ages. Last time I had Pizza Hut was pre-pandemic. I usually order from a few local mom and pop pizza places. Some have fabulous pizza, others have delicious sides and offer some Secret Sauce wings. ?

I completely stopped eating out , I can make it better cheaper and healthier at home .

as far as restaurants go , pizza places have the highest profit margin lowest over head cost of any restaurant , I have a bunch of free pizzas sitting on my account , that I don’t order because minimum order is $20.00 and a separate $4.00 delivery fee I live a mile from the pizza place , but it’s not always convenient or appropriate for a guy in a wheelchair to go pick up a pizza . Restaurants are literaly closing by the 100 X’s a day , because the government didn’t pass a pandemic related help bill , approximately 180,000 places will close in the next 2 months , I am willing to bet this pizza place is putting itself out of business due to greed. All the coupons and incentives they used to offer have gone away and they are raping customers , who aren’t smart enough to say I’ll make it myself for that price .

Pizza is such a crap shoot.  The bulk of the delivery chains are just garbage.   However, the delivery surcharge isn't anything new.  Having handled the pizza orders for my gun club meetings for many years I can tell you at least Papa Johns has pretty much always had them.

I rarely ever get delivery anymore.  Thanks to my sister finding a shop that makes good pizza but it's on the other side of the county.  But, that's also near where I work so I just place an order and pick up on my way home.  No surcharge that way.

9 hours ago, AbabeBill said:

It’s possible they are changing extra, for a credit card purchase. Vendors pay for the privilege, of offering credit card payment to customers. With everything going up in cost these days, some restaurants, gas stations, markets are passing on that extra credit card charge to customers. Something, they up till now, have not charged extra for. 

@warpiper, sham on you! There are great mom & pop pizza joints, on every other corner in New Jersey. You can’t order that stuff, like it was Nebraska or something! (No offense to anyone out there in Nebraska, I’m sure you got your goodies) Wow, next time just stick your head out the front door, and yell pizza please! You’ll have 6 guys show up, with some damn good pizzas ? ?

I never even got to the method of payment, this was in the first review screen.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

I wanted some pizza tonight. At one joint in order to place an order online you have to sign up for their phone messages. No thanks, I don't need your messages.

I went to Papa John's and picked out a deal. When I went to the cart, my pizza was $1.50 more than the deal. WTF? Where did the extra money come from. Note that the delivery charge was completely separate and additional. I couldn't even complain to Papa John's, because you need an order number to complain about.

So I went to Domino's and figured I would go with their $6.99 delivery deal. My pizzas were $8.49. Again $1.50 more than the advertised price. Again the delivery charge was separate. I at least could complain to Domino's. 

So when ordering online, be sure to check what they are charging you!

I work at a chain Pizza place and I can tell you we don't tell you about things. Like different crust cost more, or that more topping cost more per topping. 

Coming home Thursday from my vacation trip, my friend and I decided to eat at a Pizza Hut in Rochester Indiana and get the personal pan pizzas.  We went there at 6:05pm, the height of dinner time, there was only one party there and they were leaving.  We were the only ones there.  The young hostess/server came out in torn jeans and seated us at a table.  Every Pizza Hut we go to offers a senior discount.  First thing we asked was if they had one and she said she would check.  We both ordered a Meat Lovers personal pan pizza and I ordered a Ceaser Side Salad off the menu for $1.49.  20 minutes later (remember we were the only 2 people there), the pizzas came, no salad!  I asked where the salad was and the server looked shocked and said, "I thought you wanted Ceaser dressing on the side"!  Seriously?  if that was the case, she hadn't even brought any Ceaser dressing with the pizza.  She said she would get that order in right away, then asked if I wanted the pizza!  After a few minutes I chased her down figuring I wasn't going to wait another 10 or more minutes for a simple Ceaser side salad and told her to forget it.  When we went to pay, we asked what she found out about  a senior discount and she had failed to ask anyone.  We had also asked for separate checks but it was all on one bill.  She didn't know how to separate them and had to get a 20 year old guy to help.  Again we asked her to check about a senior discount and the guy she asked told her there wasn't any. 

All I can say is she was pleasant and apologetic but obviously either scatterbrained, didn't know her job well enough or they were all just goofing around during a slow period and not taking their customers and jobs seriously.  Maybe all three!  It was quite obvious to me why there wasn't any other business inside.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know you don't show up for work as a server in torn blue jeans, not know what a menu item like Ceaser Salad is or take 20 minutes for a personal pan pizza.  I did report this to Pizza Hut Corporate and received the reply that this has been turned over to the manager of this particular store and I should hear from them in 3 days.  Today is the third day and I will be perusing this further.

• Sad 1

I stopped going to Pizza (the) Hut long long ago.  For some reason, their stuff just makes me sick.  The one close to me closed down quite some time ago anyway.  That's now a Popeyes (which I do like and doesn't make me sick).

• Like 1

The local Pizza Hut was one of a half dozen or so owned by the same owner. These were all in smallish towns, 5-13,000 people. Pizza Hut corporate decided he needed to update his restaurants to the tune of $500,000 each. There was no way he could afford to that. He closed them all within a month. 

On 5/29/2022 at 7:39 PM, warpiper said:

I'll never order from papa John's because the founder is an anti-worker big game hunting anti affordable care act scumbag. Domino's messed up my order and refused to refund it properly, offering things I didn't need and would never use, so not ordering from them. And finally, I live in New Jersey, where the best pizza in the country is made, so it's not like I have to settle for that mass produced nonsense. I'm spoiled.

@warpiper what part of Jersey you from?  I grew up in Morris County.

Hey ya delivery charges suck your lucky it’s only $1.50. Here it’s close to $4 delivery charge where ya go dominos or any other pizza place 

42 minutes ago, Arceus said:

Hey ya delivery charges suck your lucky it’s only $1.50. Here it’s close to $4 delivery charge where ya go dominos or any other pizza place 

That wasn't the delivery charge, delivery was an extra fee.

For $8 I get a frozen pizza at the grocery store.

Cheapest pizza I would eat at a restaurant cost $18

To have it delivered one has to pay minimum $19 + $9 for delivery within 3 miles. 
(Just from the place I usually order, no idea what others charge, and I always pick up.)