LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Windows 11

@DailyDi

My new Surface (Go 3) is Native Windows 11 - I wll be upgrading to 11 Pro as soon as I can, because I want PRO machines in my Windows Arsenal.  I call the new Surface Go 3 Sparrow, in line with almost all machines having names that have something to do with birds :)

I just took Off Office 365, because I am NOOOOOOOOOOOT  paying $99/yr for the right to use something I already can use, so I upgraded to Office Professional Plus 2019, and I have 2 keys, one from the UK, for $7.95 USD, the other from France for $4.50, USD. but have not received the key from the UK yet, but have the one from France and I have Office Pro 19 64-bit installed and running on the Surface, and I have my work stick files on a 256GIG SD Card, so i can work on files I need to have access to :)

Do you use Professional Versions of Windows on your Machines Mikey??

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Added Additional Information and Edited some information
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, ~Brian~ said:

@DailyDi

My new Surface (Go 3) is Native Windows 11 - I wll be upgrading to 11 Pro as soon as I can, because I want PRO machines in my Windows Arsenal.  I call the new Surface Go 3 Sparrow, in line with almost all machines having names that have something to do with birds :)

I just took Off Office 365, because I am NOOOOOOOOOOOT  paying $99/yr for the right to use something I already can use, so I upgraded to Office Professional Plus 2019, and I have 2 keys, one from the UK, for $7.95 USD, the other from France for $4.50, USD. but have not received the key from the UK yet, but have the one from France and I have Office Pro 19 64-bit installed and running on the Surface, and I have my work stick files on a 256GIG stick, so i can work on files I need to have access to :)

Brian

I have had Pro versions on past machines, but this one is Windows standard.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Apache Raccoon said:

I'd like to give Windows 11 a go:

It was nice when they offered Windows 7 and 8 users a free upgrade to Windows 10, they should do that again because then I wouldn't have to pay for it lol

You won't know until you try!   I found that you can still get the free win 10 upgrade even though they stopped advertising it years ago.   All I had to do was run the install media on my PC.  It installed and activated and hasn't given me any trouble since.  I did make mirror the hard drive first, so if it went south on me, all I had to do was swap the drive back. 

I haven't jumped to 11 yet, and I've seen articles stating it wasn't really worth it (at this time).   I suspect 2 of my laptops will take the upgrade, but I know my oldest will not support it (it's high time to dump it anyway) and not sure if my desktop will either (it too is a bit old, but it's a solid workhorse!). 

35 minutes ago, Apache Raccoon said:

I'd like to give Windows 11 a go:

It was nice when they offered Windows 7 and 8 users a free upgrade to Windows 10, they should do that again because then I wouldn't have to pay for it lol

I totally agree with you buddy! They should TOTALLY do that again. If they DON'T, then I think they would probably do it with Windows 12, but I'm NOT sure!?????

Hope you have better luck with Windows 11 i long ago gave up on any windows version and just love Linux mint as It's so much faster than windows ever was and  i never have had to buy any antivirus programs.

• Like 3

You are the only person I know who has referred to Windows 11 as an upgrade. Even people I know who moved to Windows 11 (or use Windows 10) consider it a downgrade. I'm constantly reading things about how Microsoft is making the Windows experience less and less like your computer and more like their computer. I understand why someone would want to use Windows, but for me personally it's far too restrictive.

Hell, until very recently if you wanted to have a dark theme on your computer without using the terrible high contrast themes you had to risk bricking your OS, just to install a dark theme. Which for someone like me who has extremely sensitive vision is a must. Why did you have to do that? Because Microsoft locks down themes so you can only install "official Microsoft themes"

Even now, if you enable the dark theme not all applications will respect it, so it's not uncommon to open an application and have a flash of blinding light pop up on your screen. So installing an unofficial theme is probably still the best solution for those who don't want their eyes to bleed, since at least that forces applications to comply with your theme choices.

Then there's the whole, Windows Update stopping whatever you're doing and forcing you to restart and install updates (provided you don't have a specific version of windows which has the option to disable this), the fact that they install apps like Candy Crush on your system without your consent and placing ads and telemetry everywhere. And let's not forget the "Free" update to Windows 10 that forced users on Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 to update if they clicked the X button on the update popup.

Again, I get why someone would want to use windows, mostly it's just habit, people are used to Windows and they are used to it's little quirks. But for me, It's just not the right choice.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Apache Raccoon said:

I just found the upgrade thingy, apparently my CPU isn't fast enough.

Well, is there any way you can UPGRADE your CPU to make it fast enough, or install a new one on your computer buddy?!??????????️⌨️?️?️???‍?

1 hour ago, kasarberang said:

You are the only person I know who has referred to Windows 11 as an upgrade. Even people I know who moved to Windows 11 (or use Windows 10) consider it a downgrade. I'm constantly reading things about how Microsoft is making the Windows experience less and less like your computer and more like their computer. I understand why someone would want to use Windows, but for me personally it's far too restrictive.

Hell, until very recently if you wanted to have a dark theme on your computer without using the terrible high contrast themes you had to risk bricking your OS, just to install a dark theme. Which for someone like me who has extremely sensitive vision is a must. Why did you have to do that? Because Microsoft locks down themes so you can only install "official Microsoft themes"

Even now, if you enable the dark theme not all applications will respect it, so it's not uncommon to open an application and have a flash of blinding light pop up on your screen. So installing an unofficial theme is probably still the best solution for those who don't want their eyes to bleed, since at least that forces applications to comply with your theme choices.

Then there's the whole, Windows Update stopping whatever you're doing and forcing you to restart and install updates (provided you don't have a specific version of windows which has the option to disable this), the fact that they install apps like Candy Crush on your system without your consent and placing ads and telemetry everywhere. And let's not forget the "Free" update to Windows 10 that forced users on Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 to update if they clicked the X button on the update popup.

Again, I get why someone would want to use windows, mostly it's just habit, people are used to Windows and they are used to it's little quirks. But for me, It's just not the right choice.

So what do you use INSTEAD of Windows, buddy?!???????♥️??????????

22 minutes ago, Jesse The BabySpiderBoy said:

Well, is there any way you can UPGRADE your CPU to make it fast enough, or install a new one on your computer buddy?!??????????️⌨️?️?️???‍?

Yeah but is it really worth it?

Windows 11 is new and flash, but Windows 10 is fine: it does all the thing's I want it to do.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Apache Raccoon said:

Windows 11 is new and flash, but Windows 10 is fine: it does all the thing's I want it to do.

I don't know buddy. I WISH I could answer that. I'm STILL on Windows 10. I didn't even get an free upgrade for Windows 11. but then again, I DON'T get on my computer very much. so it's quite possible that I received it, and I just DIDN'T REALIZE it.????? Either way, I DON'T KNOW what it has on it. Sorry buddy! ????☹️???

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Apache Raccoon said:

After watching a couple of YouTube videos online buddy, I can safely say, DON'T upgrade to Windows 11. Windows 10 is STILL MUCH BETTER and there's STILL NEW features coming for Windows 10 too!???♥️??☺️?? Now if you DON'T MIND, Little Jeggy weggy needs an Didee check from you!???♥️?☹️?????????

• Like 2
1 hour ago, DailyDi said:

To each their own. For some reason its much faster on my PC.

What kind of PC do you have Mikey?!??? Just curious!??????

23 minutes ago, Jesse The BabySpiderBoy said:

What kind of PC do you have Mikey?!??? Just curious!??????

It's a custom built gaming PC, which probably helps as I have pretty up to date tech in it to take advantage of windows' improvements.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

It's a custom built gaming PC, which probably helps as I have pretty up to date tech in it to take advantage of windows' improvements.

Did you build it yourself buddy?!??????????

9 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

@DailyDi

I just took Off Office 365, because I am NOOOOOOOOOOOT  paying $99/yr for the right to use something I already can use, so I upgraded to Office Professional Plus 2019, and I have 2 keys, one from the UK, for $7.95 USD, the other from France for $4.50, USD. but have not received the key from the UK yet, but have the one from France and I have Office Pro 19 64-bit installed and running on the Surface, and I have my work stick files on a 256GIG SD Card, so i can work on files I need to have access to :)

Brian

There are grey market sites that sell windows keys for cheap, thats how I got my last 3 10 pro keys for a few machines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2