LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Again and again

22 minutes ago, FretaBWet said:

That sucks Mikey, they don't build anything to last any more.

Hugs,

Freta

Seems that way. Haven't had this one more than 5 years or so.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, DailyDi said:

Another month, another unexpected expense. Dishwasher is broken, guess we'll be falling further behind on bills!

That REALLY sucks Mikey. Have you ever tried home shield???️?️ That's what my mom uses, and it works GREAT!??☺️???

46 minutes ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

That REALLY sucks Mikey. Have you ever tried home shield???️?️ That's what my mom uses, and it works GREAT!??☺️???

No, but I need to the way stuff breaks around here!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, DailyDi said:

No, but I need to the way stuff breaks around here!

You should look into that, I think it'll help buddy. At least I HOPE so!☺️???

9 hours ago, FretaBWet said:

That sucks Mikey, they don't build anything to last any more.

Hugs,

Freta

Nope.  They can't sell you new stuff if they build it to last.  I've heard that appliances are built to last seven years ?

• Like 1

Whats the problem???? Just higher a new dishwasher, pay them min wage...work a few hours a day. Maybe a retired vet might need a job, or a high schooler looking to make some extra $$$$, 

One dishwasher breaks, just higher another....lots of opportunity out there ??

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
8 hours ago, feralfreak said:

have you tried looking up what the problem might be? there might be a simple and cheap fix

No error codes or anything to track down, and every time I call appliance repair I pay $200 to be told it would be cheaper to replace it, so skipping that step.

7 hours ago, square_duck said:

Whats the problem???? Just higher a new dishwasher, pay them min wage...work a few hours a day. Maybe a retired vet might need a job, or a high schooler looking to make some extra $$$$, 

One dishwasher breaks, just higher another....lots of opportunity out there ??

Reminds me of my step-dad, who believed that seafood restaurants should hire young people to stand at the end of your table and peel shrimp for you.

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

No error codes or anything to track down, and every time I call appliance repair I pay $200 to be told it would be cheaper to replace it, so skipping that step.

Reminds me of my step-dad, who believed that seafood restaurants should hire young people to stand at the end of your table and peel shrimp for you.

i dont mean error codes, i mean by the symptoms, go onto diychatroom.com, there are some helpful people there, i bet someone there will know what the problem might be, what will fix it(might just need something tightened), or if a part needs replaced, then a simple google search should bring up the part you need at a better cost than what retailers have(i need a new door switch for my dryer, one place wanted i think 40 bucks, but amazon had it for maybe 8, and my mower might need a new spindle, the place i got it at before charged 60+ bucks, but i saw one that might be the same thing for half that), always better to repair for less than to replace it if possible.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, feralfreak said:

i dont mean error codes, i mean by the symptoms, go onto diychatroom.com, there are some helpful people there, i bet someone there will know what the problem might be, what will fix it(might just need something tightened), or if a part needs replaced, then a simple google search should bring up the part you need at a better cost than what retailers have(i need a new door switch for my dryer, one place wanted i think 40 bucks, but amazon had it for maybe 8, and my mower might need a new spindle, the place i got it at before charged 60+ bucks, but i saw one that might be the same thing for half that), always better to repair for less than to replace it if possible.

I have done this so many times and saved so much money!  Fixed the cruise control on my Jeep for $2 just by doing a Google search to find the cause and watching YouTube video's on how to replace the part.  I also put in new blend doors for the heater/air conditioning by watching a YouTube video and paying about $75 for the parts.  The correct fix is about $1,500 for the dealer to remove the dashboard, but the company that makes high quality aluminum blend doors as a replacement for the original plastic blend doors that tend to break showed via YouTube how you can cut out a panel after taking out the glove box and replace the blend doors that way, then taping the cut out panel back in place.

I also fixed the stove burners and oven by replacing the elements myself, replaced the cloths dryer heater coil myself for $24 and the latest was the Maytag 25 cubic foot side by side refrigerator last year.  The automatic defroster in the freezer stopped working and the refrigerator wouldn't cool unless we took the shelves and drawers out of the freezer compartment, removed the access panel and defrosted it manually with a hair dryer.  We had to do that once a week.  I found the cause doing a Google search based on the refrigerator's model number, looked up the part number, watched the YouTube video on how to replace it and then found the OEM part brand new (new old stock) on EBAY for $16 (factory price $129) and within 40 minutes (which included removing the food from the top two shelves of the refrigerator), I had the access panel off and the new part put in.  It's worked perfectly ever since and a $16 NOS OEM part from EBAY was a lot cheaper than $2,600 for a new refrigerator!  Each time I've been able to find the part number, watching a DIY YouTube video to see if it's something I think I can replace myself and then doing searches on EBAY or Google for discount appliance parts to find the new part at the lowest possible price.

Of course, it's all a moot point now that Mikey has taken out a small loan to buy a new dishwasher and some new diaper pants for himself!

• Thanks 1

@DailyDi

I think that based on what you Said in your prior post about their dishwasher, I think that is the smart move. Far too often, there are parts that probably cost you $.25 to make, and about to $2000 to replace. That is totally ridiculous, and as you said it is kind of crazy to pay for her pair that cost $700 when you can buy another machine for $1000.

They don’t make things to last anymore: I remember back in the day when you could buy a Ford F150 for example: my dad bought one brand new off the showroom floor in 1979: I picked it out, because dad said that I could pick out the color: after discussing things with my father, he agreed that that would be the truck that you are trying to get, and he got the truck that he wanted. We had to put a radio in her, but that was easy to do, and DAD was able to buy the radio that he wanted and put in the speakers in the wiring that he wanted, so he could have both the eight track and the tape player if he Wished.

Fast forward to approximately 1997: that truck gone through the ringer, and ended up resting out its box, and was rusted all the way through on the back end. One weekend, he took the truck down to see my uncle, his brother, who is a welder by trade. With a little bit of parts, and a lot of ingenuity and welding skill, Mike uncle was able to redesign the entire back bed of that 150, and also wire up the lights, and all of the electrical wiring that was necessary for that truck to be able to function. Sure it wasn’t exactly the same as it was, but that bed was so strong you could take a 2 x 12 and smash the back of diamond plated steel or something to that effect, and if you did that, the piece of wood would have a humongous dent in it, but the back window of the truck as well as the back frame didn’t have any damage. My dad drove that truck from 1979 until 1997, and then he sold that truck with 312,000 miles on it, and bottom south of 77 Chevy truck: let me tell ya, wow that truck was really nice as far as legroom, and the fact it was a Chevy, my dad spent more time trying to start that thing, and keep it running, then to actually drive it. My dad relegated that truck to a summer truck, and bought a 1987 Ford 150, and that thing ended up rusting out a heck of a lot faster, I think the engine went in it. My dad then bought a 1990 GMC jimmy, And then for some reason there was a problem with electrical issues, and my dad had to replace that truck. He bought a 1996S 10, that actually was really cool, and it lasted them a long time. The last truck he had before his last accident was a $35,000 GMC, and my dad had an accident with it one day when going to his camp for the weekend. That was prior to the pandemic, it must’ve happened sometime in 2019. Thank goodness though, that they found out what was causing my dad’s problem, and my dad hasn’t had a problem since.

what I don’t understand is, if there are people that want to buy good quality products, why do they always seem to break down so quickly: there’s no real reason to have some thing that you buy say in 2022, that should last you 30 years or so, break down and on the fifth year you own it. It only goes to show you, that people that make products don’t make them any good anymore, because they want you to spend the money to buy all this newfangled stuff. Case in point: your Jeep: something that they wanted you to do cost you a bunch of money, and the only reason it cost you money is because it was something they had to do. You had a problem with your electrical system, and you’re able to figure out why, but they wanted you to pay a lot of money to replace the battery and other things, and that is cost Prohibitive. Most stuff nowadays only last 5 to 6 years if that, while the same stuff that would’ve been in my grandmothers house in 1970 probably would’ve lasted until 1991 – it’s all in the way it’s built. Cars used to be mostly metal, and hard as rocks, and you couldn’t kill the things – and now you have plastic all over the car, you end up smacking yourself into a pole or possibly putting a scratch on your bumper, and the whole damn bumper is junk because you cracked it in one place because it wasn’t built to its highest standard. I get that companies want you to buy brand new vehicles, or they want you to be coming back to see them for warranty repairs, but sometimes I have to put it to the fact that there are people who don’t want quality products made anymore – their main concern is to get as much money out of you as they can possibly get, and when you and I and other people that are on fixed incomes have to pull from my resources, which it may be meager resources, to be able to replay something that shouldn’t have broken in the first place, then we have an issue. I don’t have any problem getting brand new stuff if it’s covered for damages: what I have a problem with is that somebody will try to build something that is not going to last, and they end up charging you through the roof for its repair. Like you said, it usually cost more to Repair the unit in cost parts and labor, then it would just be to go out and buy a brand new machine: the only thing that sucks is, stuff like this usually happens when you don’t least expect it, or when you don’t have the money to cover the repair, and you have to dig in your resources to be able to cover it: that sucks, and I feel for you man, I feel for you!

Hopefully you were able to get a warranty with this thing so the next thing that goes on it, you will be able to replace it for a certain amount of time: when you and I and others that have mobility issues by things such as dishwashers, they help us in ways that are immeasurable, but if a piece of equipment or an appliance goes out, that puts us at a severe disadvantage.

hopefully you were able to get a warranty with this thing so the next thing that goes on it, you will be able to replace it for a certain amount of time: when you and I and others that have mobility issues by things such as dishwashers, they help us in ways that are immeasurable, but if a piece of equipment or an appliance goes out, that puts us at a severe disadvantage. oops

hopefully, that didn’t break the bank: I know how hard it is, because someday I want to replace my laser printer which broke when I tried to replace the cartridge, but the things cost upwards of $450 for the same damn laser printer that my mom gave me: so now I may have to get a loan from the church to be able to buy the one that will allow me to do the work I need. The only problem with that is, the way they deal with the financial fiduciary ism down there has changed and I have to deal with the head of finance committee plus the church council in order to get my request heard and approved: this will be kind of hard, but I do have a way The cover it should they say no! I just hope I don’t have to go that far.

Brian

Fixing stuff is a good way to go. But the real issue is "ability" some people dont know the end of a screwdriver from a toaster. I fix stuff all the time, and learn something along the way!! ??

In mikey case though...with his back issues, being a home handyman might not be in the cards...??

1 hour ago, square_duck said:

Fixing stuff is a good way to go. But the real issue is "ability" some people dont know the end of a screwdriver from a toaster. I fix stuff all the time, and learn something along the way!! ??

In mikey case though...with his back issues, being a home handyman might not be in the cards...??

in some cases being in the cards dont matter, you do what you can. i had to work on my septic line a few months ago, clogged between the cleanout and the tank, yuck. i got a bad back, and NOT a plumber, cant afford one, and the ground was covered in snow at the time, took praying and a lot of figuring and working to get it going(water hoses was frozen, some with water in them, had to get them defrosted and melted, warmed up) and God brought it to my memory that some professionals mentioned something called a drain bladder, with His grace it worked! well before that the kitchen sink was leaking(the drain was rednecked with ducktape), and like i said, not a plumber, fortunately i had a good cell phone to take pics, took the parts to a lowers adn there was an employee who told me what to do and how to orient things, and my pics helped me recall it, long story short it work.

2 hours ago, square_duck said:

And some people try to get the toast out with a screwdriver, with electrifying results.

Maybe Mikey should just borrow some money and get a new one.

• Like 1

Can't anything be easy?

They came to install the dishwasher today, but it turns out to be one of only two models that plug into an outlet instead of being hard wired. And guess who doesn't have electrical outlets under the kitchen sink? This guy!

Had to go back to Lowes and pick a different model, but they price-matched it so we didn't have to pay more for one. Now just got to set up another install appointment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
11 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

Can't anything be easy?

They came to install the dishwasher today, but it turns out to be one of only two models that plug into an outlet instead of being hard wired. And guess who doesn't have electrical outlets under the kitchen sink? This guy!

Had to go back to Lowes and pick a different model, but they price-matched it so we didn't have to pay more for one. Now just got to set up another install appointment.

Wow!???? What are the chances of that?! that's some REALLY bad luck buddy!?☹️????? I HATE it when that happens!?????????

17 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

Can't anything be easy?

Same thing happened when we replaced our dishwasher years ago.  Dishwasher was hard wired in so I cut the breaker, bought an outlet box and outlet, attached the box to the wall behind the dishwasher and connected the wires to the outlet.  About an extra 10 minutes but problem solved. 

it shouldnt be hard to fix that without a return trip except to get a few parts, just an old work blue box, the right plug in, a screwdriver and a knife, and a needle nose pliers, simple. black wire to brass, white to silver, green or bare to ground, bend wires in the direction the screw tightens, simple.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, feralfreak said:

it shouldnt be hard to fix that without a return trip except to get a few parts, just an old work blue box, the right plug in, a screwdriver and a knife, and a needle nose pliers, simple. black wire to brass, white to silver, green or bare to ground, bend wires in the direction the screw tightens, simple.

If you know what you are doing, it's simple. If you don't it's a complex problem.

9 minutes ago, ValentinesStuff said:

If you know what you are doing, it's simple. If you don't it's a complex problem.

from what i understand the wire is there already, there is even a female end you can buy to put on a wire and just plug it up, if a retard like me can do its easy