LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Is Your Diaper Changing Process?

For those who change their own poopy diapers, what is your process?  What I mean is, do you lay on a changing mat, undo your diaper and then use wipes to clean yourself up and then re-diaper?  Do you stand up when removing your messy diaper and then use wipes to clean yourself?  Do you put down a vinyl mat to stand on in case something falls on the floor?  Do you stand in the shower when removing a poopy diaper?  I know people will often stand in the shower when removing a messy diaper (I do) and wipe off as much as they can with the cleaner part of their diaper and then use the handheld shower to clean the rest off.  If you use wipes, do you use adult wipes or baby wipes or a combination of both?  What do you do when you are away from home and have to change a messy diaper?  Do you use a regular restroom in a store or do you look for a family restroom or one with an outer lock on the door?  How long does it usually take you to change a messy diaper and how many wipes do you usually use, especially when away from home?  Do you ever have any problems bringing your changing supplies, diaper, powder and wipes into a restroom to change when away from home, especially if you have to use a restroom in a business?  Just curious.

For me, I very rarely mess when away from home and if I do, I will look for an outdoor restroom, such as at an outdoor shopping center, one with an outer lock on the door.  In winter it's not a problem for me to tuck a fresh diaper up the sleeve and under the armpit of my heavy winter coat and head into a store like CVS and use their restroom to change.  Their restrooms have an outer door lock and plenty of room.  I don't use powder or wipes so I don't have to carry them in with me, just the clean diaper for changing.  Privet restrooms have enough paper towels to clean and dry off with, and again, I'm usually just changing a wet diaper, not often a messy diaper that requires more cleaning.

• Like 1

I usually do #2 two times per day around the same time of day so I’ll know when to expect it. I’m very regimented in my diet & eating habits so I can always stayed prepared. There are times I’ll be doing something different and may be out & about when it happens. Rarely will I seek out a bathroom to change as I’ll just wait until I get home to change & clean up. I limit myself to 3 changes per day because of cost so if the unexpected happens shortly after a change I’ll just wait until my regular changing time. That doesn’t happen often but it does happen. I really don’t mind it. 
when I change it’s always standing up and just prior to taking a shower. I always wear a plastic covering in the event of leaks & it helps with odor control along with the use of Nullo. 
I always bring cleaning supplies & a change of diaper with me but it’s rarely needed. Generally it’s something I don’t think about much while I’m out & about. It happens and that’s what I wanted to have happen. I’ve been in every situation imaginable so nothing that happens is a surprise. 

What I do is I'll put a cheap absorbent mat on the floor, which will make sure that no ewww bits land where I don't want them to, and squat over it, remove the diaper and wipe off the worst mess. I typically use baby wipes for this (mostly Pampers).
It seems to me at least that adult wipes don't really do that much better of job at this.
When I've wiped enough that no more mess is stuck to my nether parts I'll wrap it all up, and then jump into shower to wash and rinse until fresh.

I only poop in diaper whilst at home, and not more often than 1 to 3 times a week. Sometimes even less.

I kneel down to change over a towel and changing mat when I messy or standing when wet 

I tend to use baby wipes to clean up and cream after

if I outside and I can’t get home I have a disability key for toilets wear I can change 

at work I always carry a change and I lucky I have only had to change around 10 times a year at work for messy during working hours 

most of the time I have to change after work 

I normally only mess my diapers at home, I just get two trash bags for the chore.

• I open up both plastic bags and place then next to the tub/shower stall
  • Stand in the shower, untape and using the diaper from the back swipe down my backside
  • Lower my diaper to the floor and roll up
  • Place rolled up diaper in the first trash bag, squeeze the air out and tie up.
  • Place the first bag into the second one and do the same.
  • Take my shower and clean up.
  • After my shower and I'm dressed again promptly dispose of my deed in the outside trash can in front of my house.

If I'm out of town at a Hotel, I basically just do the same as I'm at home.

Cleaning up and changing my poopy diaper is not at all onerous for me.  I have detailed my process previously, but will summarize my messy diaper change again. 1) wipe as much as possible with any clean portion of my soiled diaper, 2) baby or adult wipes, usually only need two, 3) wet and soapy wash cloth, 4) rinse wash cloth thoroughly and wipe my bottom with water on the wash cloth and pat dry, 4) roll up my messy diaper (that can also done after step #1), 5) Baby lotion on my bottom, 6) get fresh diaper and sprinkle baby powder inside, 7) tape or pin if in the mood for cloth diapers the fresh diaper, ? place messy rolled up diaper in a plastic bag and dispose of in the outside trash, 9) repeat the process as necessary. With a normal messy diaper this diaper change process only takes me about 5 minutes. If I had a diaper blow-out, the process is more labor intensive. Guess what, I am ready for this process right now.

I always sit on the toilet with my diaper on and give a few good pushes before I change just to make sure I am finished pooping. Once I am sure all the poop is out of me, I will get in the shower and take my diaper off and use the diaper to wipe most of the poop off my bottom. I will wrap the dirty diaper up and put it on the bathroom floor and take a shower to do a complete cleanup. After my shower, I will dry off and sit on the toilet again to see if there is any more poop coming out. After that I will put a clean diaper on and get dressed and go about my day.

• Like 1

Well I wipe my butt with the clean part of the diaper, wipe my butt with adult wipes from Northshore, roll the diaper up in a ball, put it in one of those diaper scented bags I get from Northshore, I take a shower, I spray the bathroom with febreeze if there is any lingering scent, and finally I throw the bag with the diaper into the garbage can.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Well I wipe my butt with the clean part of the diaper, wipe my butt with adult wipes from Northshore, roll the diaper up in a ball, put it in one of those diaper scented bags I get from Northshore, I take a shower, I spray the bathroom with febreeze if there is any lingering scent, and finally I throw the bag with the diaper into the garbage can.

Cool! I didn't KNOW they made diaper scented trash bags.? LOL!????? Although Riley, I REALLY DO wish you had a mommy to take care of you and change YOUR diapers for you, buddy!????☺️♥️ You deserve THAT, big brother! *BIG HUG!*?♥️??♥️☺️????♥️??♥️??

9 minutes ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

Cool! I didn't KNOW they made diaper scented trash bags.? LOL!????? Although Riley, I REALLY DO wish you had a mommy to take care of you and change YOUR diapers for you, buddy!????☺️♥️ You deserve THAT, big brother! *BIG HUG!*?♥️??♥️☺️????♥️??♥️??

Hugs you back.   You and me both little buddy.  I think a lot of people would love a mommy to change them, but I honestly don't see that ever happening for me

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Hugs you back.   You and me both little buddy.  I think a lot of people would love a mommy to change them, but I honestly don't see that ever happening for me

Don't give up hope buddy! That STILL could happen for you someday!?☺️? Now if you'll excuse me, THIS little spider needs his rest.?️?️? LOL!????????♥️☺️?

• 3 months later...

So depends really. If I'm changing myself I usually just go in shower. Il step in, then remove my dirty diaper, wipe off any mess with clean spots of diaper inside, then il have a bag nearby where i put dirty diaper in then I turn on shower and use my removable shower head to clean my butt and private areas. Super easiest way of cleaning yourself espically having removable shower head helps alot. 

Usually when somebody is changing me. They lay me down and wipe me down with wet wipes or if it's really bad to clean up they give me a bath. Usually though that's rare to be given a bath but it's so great when someone can change your poopy diaper. 

Wipe off waterproof pants with a non-chlorine disinfectant, unpin cloth diapers and booster and rinse off in tub before putting in plastic diaper bag. wipe down myself with homemade wipes, powder up the diaper area and pin on a fresh cloth diaper and booster pad.

• 5 weeks later...

I wear a pair of Y fronts underneath my cloth diaper. Once I've finished messing, I unpin the diaper, stand over the toilet and empty out  my briefs. Then I clean myself up with toilet paper. I only mess my diaper at home. So cleanup isn't much of a concern. It also helps that I don't tend to sit in a crappy diaper for long.

• Like 1

For me, I stand in the shower and untape my poopy diaper and use the cleaner parts to wipe off as much poop as possible and then roll up my diaper and place it in a plastic shopping bag and tie it up and then place that bag in another bag and tie it up. Then I shower off and clean myself up. Then I dry off and rediaoer myself l. Next I throw my poopy diaper into my diaper genie (of course this is what happens when mommy isn’t around to change my diaper. 

When I’m away from home I typically use either a family washroom or a handicapped washroom and I’ll remove my pants and then untape my diaper, using the clean parts of my diaper to wipe off as much poop as I can before I break out the wipes (typically I end up using 8-15 wipes to clean up my poopy bum, then I’ll wrap up my poopy diaper and throw it in a plastic shopping bag (I carry several of them in my diaper bag and if I don’t carry it with me to whatever public space I happen to be in then it will be in my car) then I’ll dispose of my soiled diaper and put on a fresh clean diaper and continue my day as if nothing happened. 

• Like 1

This is probably the only aspect of wearing diapers that I do not enjoy, other than maybe diaper rash. My hat is off to those of you who wear and use your diapers 24/7 for both of nature's callings; you are flying jets while I am piloting a Cessna. Thankfully, I have control in the department, so I don't tend to avail myself of the full spectrum of conveniences available to those wearing diapers all the time, and it is primarily because of the cleanup factor, which I find be, to quote @oznl, an "agricultural" experience. My wife puts up with me wearing baby pants, but I do not think she would put up with hints of monkey cage overlaid on the gentle scent of baby powder. 

But for the sake of answering the question: thankfully, I have not had to do this in public. At home, when it happens, however infrequently, I invariably head straight for the shower, and drop everything in there, so that the blast radius is contained. I have baby wipes around the house and have used them for this, although a damp paper towel also works. Everything gets wrapped up in the assassinated diaper, which then gets treated like radioactive waste. Going into a sealed plastic bag, and skipping temporary storage in my diaper pail, the remains are transported directly to the trash bins in my garage, after I have hosed myself off thoroughly. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, IminWetPampers said:

For me, I stand in the shower and untape my poopy diaper and use the cleaner parts to wipe off as much poop as possible and then roll up my diaper and place it in a plastic shopping bag and tie it up and then place that bag in another bag and tie it up. Then I shower off and clean myself up. Then I dry off and rediaoer myself l. Next I throw my poopy diaper into my diaper genie (of course this is what happens when mommy isn’t around to change my diaper. 

When I’m away from home I typically use either a family washroom or a handicapped washroom and I’ll remove my pants and then untape my diaper, using the clean parts of my diaper to wipe off as much poop as I can before I break out the wipes (typically I end up using 8-15 wipes to clean up my poopy bum, then I’ll wrap up my poopy diaper and throw it in a plastic shopping bag (I carry several of them in my diaper bag and if I don’t carry it with me to whatever public space I happen to be in then it will be in my car) then I’ll dispose of my soiled diaper and put on a fresh clean diaper and continue my day as if nothing happened. 

It sounds like Mommy should really be with you for those messy diaper changes! It's always better when Mommy changes their little ones anyway.????????????????♥️??

23 hours ago, IminWetPampers said:

For me, I stand in the shower and untape my poopy diaper and use the cleaner parts to wipe off as much poop as possible and then roll up my diaper and place it in a plastic shopping bag and tie it up and then place that bag in another bag and tie it up. Then I shower off and clean myself up. Then I dry off and rediaoer myself l. Next I throw my poopy diaper into my diaper genie. 

This is my process except that after showering and cleaning up I don't rediaper.  On the rare times when I have the house to myself and I'm diapered most of the day, I will enjoy a wet and often poopy diaper until it's ready to clean up and get back to normal late afternoon.  After double or triple bagging my wet and messy diaper in plastic grocery bags, I'll usually toss it in the trash cans outside the grocery store when I go out and pick up something to make for dinner that night.

On 9/23/2022 at 6:08 AM, rusty pins said:

This is my process except that after showering and cleaning up I don't rediaper.  On the rare times when I have the house to myself and I'm diapered most of the day, I will enjoy a wet and often poopy diaper until it's ready to clean up and get back to normal late afternoon.  After double or triple bagging my wet and messy diaper in plastic grocery bags, I'll usually toss it in the trash cans outside the grocery store when I go out and pick up something to make for dinner that night.

Well seeing as I’m diapered 24/7/365 it’s probably a good thing that I rediaper myself as soon as I get out of the shower, otherwise it could create a bigger problem than just a wet or messy diaper.