LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Kids today

1 hour ago, spark said:

My dad is an engineer, and he taught me how to use a slide rule.  There wasn't any purpose other than the parlor trick, because by the time I needed that level of math- we had scientific calculators.   It's the difference in our ten years of age.  By the time I was I was old enough to need one we had calculators that could do the same thing.  Now we have phones that can graph functions.

I was on the edge of not needing a slide rule.  My high school chemistry teacher allowed slide rules, but didn't allow scientific calculators because they were still too new (and not affordable by everyone).

I worked in a nuclear chemistry lab at a naval shipyard. i remember that they paid $1000 extra for an electronic calculator because it had a square root function.

6 hours ago, zzyzx said:

I was on the edge of not needing a slide rule.  My high school chemistry teacher allowed slide rules, but didn't allow scientific calculators because they were still too new (and not affordable by everyone).

When I was 16, I had some knowledge of what slide rules could do I saw this 39 cent 6z' 4 scale one and learned how to use it Then beginning in late March of my senior year, it became part of our math class so I got a "real" one from the bookstore but I already had a leg up IN 1964, my ophthomologist in Providece gave e his wooden student model. I have not see on in over  50 years. I got the SR-50 in '74 for my Stat class: Try calculating a Pearson Product Moment Coeficient of Correlation, or a Block Analysis of Varience "by hand"

Just now, vvp39 said:

I worked in a nuclear chemistry lab at a naval shipyard. i remember that they paid $1000 extra for an electronic calculator because it had a square root function.

The first electronic calc I worked with was in 1973 in a Stat class at Bristol Community College inf Fall River MA. They had just gotten the "new" campus up and running. It had a "math lab" with a few Wang desktop calculators -- PROGRAMMABLE ones, but, unfortunately, that feature was locked out from the students (rats! I would have been all over that)

9 hours ago, Little Christine said:

I got the SR-50 in '74 for my Stat class: Try calculating a Pearson Product Moment Coeficient of Correlation, or a Block Analysis of Varience "by hand"

<GRIN>?

9 hours ago, Little Christine said:

The first electronic calc I worked with was in 1973 in a Stat class at Bristol Community College inf Fall River MA. They had just gotten the "new" campus up and running. It had a "math lab" with a few Wang desktop calculators -- PROGRAMMABLE ones, but, unfortunately, that feature was locked out from the students (rats! I would have been all over that)

Ah, the old Wang Programmable Desktop Calculator.....  I had access to one of those as part of a programming class my Senior year of high school....  From memory, the programming was either via input on the keyboard, or via a card (same size, but not 80 column Hollerith punch card) where you filled in dots with a pencil (or dark pen).

Just now, zzyzx said:

<GRIN>?

Ah, the old Wang Programmable Desktop Calculator.....  I had access to one of those as part of a programming class my Senior year of high school....  From memory, the programming was either via input on the keyboard, or via a card (same size, but not 80 column Hollerith punch card) where you filled in dots with a pencil (or dark pen).

There is a website that offers up virtual calcs like the TI-59 and others, Somewhere there is a virtual SR-50 and manual, I have several. The RUFFLES & RIBBONS SMARTY PANTIES is a javascript slide rule calc with javascript subroutines I found and was able to plug in. I do not know what still works, it was designed for Firfox ages ago as you can see by the large separation between the calc section and subs sections, it was made before the inception of 16:9. Some of the subs whould be mutiple calcs on one screen so that you can carry out simultaneous threads of different calculations

I fully intend to get a good scientific and statistical calc for my new Xfinity Samsung andried phone

3 minutes ago, Little Christine said:

I fully intend to get a good scientific and statistical calc for my new Xfinity Samsung andried phone

A piece of me would suggest you change your displayed age back to an algebra equation (like you used to).  I like that....  However that might get me in trouble with one or more of the moderators.... <GRIN>

Just now, zzyzx said:

A piece of me would suggest you change your displayed age back to an algebra equation (like you used to).  I like that....  However that might get me in trouble with one or more of the moderators.... <GRIN>

Glennie put the word on me  about making age clearly understandable, although planty of members still use 'personalized" ages

This is the "manual", look in the "Bibliography" towards the bottom. There will be a calculators section that includes vintage units and DATAMATH. somewhere in that group you whould find downloadable units that look and act like the originals

http://smartypanties.sandralyn.net/contents.html

That was designed to be like the contents page of a manual but I found I could actuall put the tables or functions right that instead of pointing to a table or page in a physical book. this unit was hot back in 2010 ;but was never updated

I'm actually glad I grew up in the 80s! I remember all the cartoons and millions of cable channels. And a remote control!!! The only thing I really got excited about as a kid was when we got a color TV in our bedroom. That 13inch TV was the shiiiitttttt. I remember moving the NES and Super Nintendo into our bedroom! Man that was the best feeling ever!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, AwakenEvil said:

I'm actually glad I grew up in the 80s! I remember all the cartoons and millions of cable channels. And a remote control!!! The only thing I really got excited about as a kid was when we got a color TV in our bedroom. That 13inch TV was the shiiiitttttt. I remember moving the NES and Super Nintendo into our bedroom! Man that was the best feeling ever!

This describes my 80's childhood.  That and I unfortunately convinced my parents to get the power glove after watching the movie " The Wizard."

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Spiderman said:

This describes my 80's childhood.  That and I unfortunately convinced my parents to get the power glove after watching the movie " The Wizard."

I had one of those things. So useless! The cheat attachment for the game(for get what it was called) made video games amazing and stupid all at once!

18 minutes ago, AwakenEvil said:

I had one of those things. So useless! The cheat attachment for the game(for get what it was called) made video games amazing and stupid all at once!

Game Genie! I still have mine for the SNES.

• Thanks 1
23 hours ago, Little Christine said:

Glennie put the word on me  about making age clearly understandable, although planty of members still use 'personalized" ages

Unclear?  All you had to do was compute the equation's value of a....  It was clearly understandable to >me<. :roflmao:?

23 hours ago, Little Christine said:

I remember wasting a bunch of time solving that!  It took me ages but I just couldn't look past it.  It turns out that I'd forgotten a LOT of high school math ?  Seem to remember it was a simultaneous equation.

13 minutes ago, oznl said:

I remember wasting a bunch of time solving that!  It took me ages but I just couldn't look past it.  It turns out that I'd forgotten a LOT of high school math ?  Seem to remember it was a simultaneous equation.

The simultaneous (linear?) equation used to be updated approximately annually....

12 hours ago, Spiderman said:

Man! I'm jealous buddy! I wish I could've grown up with you in the 80s.??? We would've had lots of fun together!!!!?☺️????♥️???????☺️?

6 hours ago, zzyzx said:

Unclear?  All you had to do was compute the equation's value of a....  It was clearly understandable to >me<. :roflmao:?

From what he said.Some persons were using the fact that I did not write it straight outr to not print theirs straight out or in some easilyrecognizable form, You would have to take that up with him. I must be on some kind of "featured profies" list because I get an awful lot of newbies or near-newbies I only didit because I though my birthday showed upso one did ot have to be Blaise Pascal to figure my real age out or need some engine analytique

6 hours ago, oznl said:

I would wager tiaras to toenails that, if we took the same high school exams now, that we smoked back then, we would bomb out

• Like 1

Here str the quotes from Glennie from my PM

#1 "I am having issues enforcing age/birthdate of new member. when I reach out to them to ask them to fix their profiles, a lot of the time your profile is brought up.. Yes we know you are over the age of 18 so no we aren't saying you are underage.. The new members we have questions about.. In todays world, everyone loves to say.. "well they do it so why can't I. You fixing your profile would make my job of venting new members a lot easier.. This is a an adults only website and we do are best to enforce that rule. Thank you"

#2 "I do understand you are expressing yourself in a way that you wish to do.. I really don't have any problem with that.. This younger generation, they all feel like they need to be special, probably because they have spent their entire lives being told just how special they are. It gets super frustrating trying to have a normal conversation with any of them. Thank you for understanding my delemia"

• Thanks 1

Ain't it thre trugh? Except that was US they were talking abut

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Little Christine said:

Here str the quotes from Glennie from my PM

#1 "I am having issues enforcing age/birthdate of new member. when I reach out to them to ask them to fix their profiles, a lot of the time your profile is brought up.. Yes we know you are over the age of 18 so no we aren't saying you are underage.. The new members we have questions about.. In todays world, everyone loves to say.. "well they do it so why can't I. You fixing your profile would make my job of venting new members a lot easier.. This is a an adults only website and we do are best to enforce that rule. Thank you"

#2 "I do understand you are expressing yourself in a way that you wish to do.. I really don't have any problem with that.. This younger generation, they all feel like they need to be special, probably because they have spent their entire lives being told just how special they are. It gets super frustrating trying to have a normal conversation with any of them. Thank you for understanding my delemia"

Glennie was a bit off on "this younger generation"....  Apologies, but (I believe) I'm the one that triggered the above....  I admit I may have just been the straw that broke the camel's back.....  I also apologies to @WBDaddy , who I also referenced, and also changed his displayed age shortly after my comment(s) to Glennie while he was keeping an eye on my account when it was new....  I attempted a "public" age field like you had yours....  I was also contemplating similar to what WBDaddy is using now (i.e. something like "39 for the nth time", or similar)....  As you see, I've settled on "over 21" for now.  And from this thread, I believe it is (very) obvious I'm older than 21 or 39....  I just don't care to have my exact age displayed, even if it is only temporary (as folks forget to "update" this field annually, and the field has to be manually updated).

The real problem gets back to age verification and protection of PII.  I (and I assume others) do not like any PII publicly displayed, which the user's age field is -- if used as Glennie is requesting; and also object to collecting PII beyond what is needed (i.e. you only need birth year not actual birth date).  However Mikey doesn't "require" the public age field to be your specific age.  And the site's requirement is that you are old enough to be an adult (i.e. 18+).  [This is part of why I probably will never get cleared on ADISC if I attempt to joint there.]  Yes, then you get into how to validate the user's age....  Glennie bugged me before I even had the chance to get my profile's about me generated/posted, and before I made any other posts on the site.  I don't blame Glennie for bugging me.  He could have waited longer, which may have helped in this case, however I suspect he has thwarted more attempts at spamming the site with his approach to brand new users.  The only alternative I think this site offers is age verification via a small ($3.00?) donation, which "assumes" someone with a credit card is old enough for the site.  That might not be accurate with the gift cards available within the US, and probably else where.  So, this could be split out to a different thread, but I don't know where to suggest a better balance than Glennie is already trying....

I had considered holding off registering on this site until after I was retired, and  possibly not needing to be as concerned about publicly available PII and resulting issues from that.  I expect over time to have too much in public response here that could piece together more PII from other sources.

And most things posted on the "public" internet don't disappear.  The only explicit thing I've seen disappear is some GNU licensed code sourced out of Australia that automated two factor authorization when booting an Ubuntu Linux system.  I believe "five eyes" spotted that one when I imported it to the US (after finding with a Google search)....  And with that, NSA probably "knows" who this profile is....  or at least a place of employment at that time.

The thing is, how many persons use their real age? I could put 57 and who would be the wiser save by paying attention to what I discuss/ In fact, a few persons have been tripped up by describing things that, givine the age they state, they could not know what they are taling about, then they confess to be ing a different age. Also, when I started doing that,  the DoB was publishable so that it could show up, so mine was available if ou did not wish to solve simultaneious equations with tw literal coefficients. (the older edition of the software was much better since if you had achieved acertain reputation you could use a different label than the one you are stuck with like "diaper royalty" and when your stats appeared in the left column of your post, your avitar was not half-hidden by the sill circle with the question mark used to access your reputation status

I also think that the "anding page" for a profile should be your "about me" as it is more descriptive of you than what you have posted. It would also encourage more persons to fill in something useful and fun. The older software also had for more places for member input. and ICQ??!! Really !?!? Who uses it? Is it still around?.It would also be nice if the links to things like website actuall LINKED Also a "favorite links sub-section would be nice. Thise used to a thing once, back in the 2006-14 timeframe

Actually, a better response to those who do not shape up than having a longtime members change their profiles is to toake the newbie aside and say "We know their age by what they talk about" If you got a member who can not abide paper diapers, you KNOW they are WELL OVER 21 several time over. Or just say "if Little [Whoever] jumped off the Broolyn Bridge, would you do it?". The kink/fetish culture has been one of libertarinan ideals and individuality, not conformism and you should certainly not sacrifice the moer established, thererefore, stable and productive members to thsoe whom you describe as too self-absorbed; Jesus H Christ; we are becoming the Uptights. Pogo was right: "We have met the enema and he is us", undercutting that which we needed to survive

10 hours ago, zzyzx said:

I also apologies to @WBDaddy , who I also referenced, and also changed his displayed age shortly after my comment(s) to Glennie while he was keeping an eye on my account when it was new.... 

I did that as a joke when I actually hit 40 - "39 and holding".  That was 8 years ago.  Notice I also edited it a few years later to further the joke (SHUT UP ABOUT MY GRAYS!).  

Would you care to put that in ABDL terms? I remember

1. Being put in peach pink rubber panties
2. The ivory rubber sheets
3. the two-colr quilted plastic lap pads
Babydolls that did not look like whoresearz
4. gass baby bottles with latex nipples
5. when all there were was cloth diapers

2 hours ago, DailyDi said:

278140240_3210014019271587_7083594763117967049_n.jpg

Shoot!  That wasn't my childhood!  I'd already graduated from college before all that stuff came out!  My childhood was a one speed bike, board games and Creepy Crawlers!  I was even in high school when we first got PONG.

• Haha 1