LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

getting older sucks

So 3-9-22 or a few weeks ago I had S I joint fusion. Omg i know what a hip surgery would feel like or even shot in the butt. This has to be my record time diapered no air out time. I wear plastic backed with with my stitches on my hip i can't wear plastic backed briefs. i had have to use cloth backed briefs that way my side with a 2 inch incision can breath. So far the softest cloth diaper i have found is the attends premier briefs. i have been using northshorecare cloth briefs that hold up great but the NorthShore MEGAMAX Air Tab don't do good with pee smell. I have been changing every 4 hours sooner if i have number 2 problem. This surgery has messed with my bladder nerves more than my last back surgery.

• Sad 2

Getting older hit like a brick when I went incontinent, but it does appear to continue to ramp up as we get older.  Lately I have noticed that sometimes when I am changing my diaper that I am dribbling pee while changing without even knowing until I see it when removing my diaper.  I now am careful when removing my diaper to make sure I don't drip on the floor, furniture, etc. while changing.

The other thing that sucks is on those occasions when I am out and my diaper has gotten too wet and I end up leaking into my outer clothing.  Usually I will catch myself before it gets bad and get home to change into new clothing without anyone noticing, but I have had several occasions where I am sure people have noticed my wet spot, and even had one time this week that a woman said something. 

I was shopping and a lady with a couple of young children came up to me and said very quietly that she had noticed I that I had an accident, and that the back of my pants was wet and thought I might want to know so that I could change.  I hadn't even noticed until she said something, and it made me feel like a little kid!

When you wrote "I thought I'd need diapers and I'm 68" does that mean you don't need diapers?  I have noticed when I buy diapers at the thrift stores, much cheaper than on line or any a new product store, that most of those buying diapers are women, and they are usually a good 10-20 years older than me.  The few times I have had a conversation with someone shopping, it usually comes up how much younger I am.

Yes. I'm a dl only. For sure I thought I'd need them by now but apparently I have a very good bladder system. I use BetterDry and a booster when I get to wear. For added safety I also wear plastic pants. The wife would have a fit if I got the furniture wet.

1 hour ago, ken2988 said:

I have noticed when I buy diapers at the thrift stores, much cheaper than on line or any a new product store, that most of those buying diapers are women, and they are usually a good 10-20 years older than me.  

It's obvious that you have never been in the thrift store when I was in there!  I'm just 4 years older that you and a guy and that's where I buy 85% of my diapers!

• Like 2

I have also not been in Michigan in a long time, so it is unlikely that I will run into you!  ?

Not sure if you pay attention to who is buying diapers in Michigan, but it is mostly older women that I see here in Las Vegas when I notice others buying diapers!

For sure, getting older brings many of us much closer to needing diapers, for me it is only a matter of a bit more time according to my urologist whom I have seen yearly for many years now.

About that lady that was kind enough to advise you Ken that you had leaked a bit, chances are fairly good that she too was wearing protection, based on the fact that she took the time to tell you, but also the fact that she had several kids with her.  The women who experience these problems after having children are very common based on stats I have seen. 

On 3/26/2022 at 11:57 PM, technomonkey said:

So 3-9-22 or a few weeks ago I had S I joint fusion. Omg i know what a hip surgery would feel like or even shot in the butt. This has to be my record time diapered no air out time. I wear plastic backed with with my stitches on my hip i can't wear plastic backed briefs. i had have to use cloth backed briefs that way my side with a 2 inch incision can breath. So far the softest cloth diaper i have found is the attends premier briefs. i have been using northshorecare cloth briefs that hold up great but the NorthShore MEGAMAX Air Tab don't do good with pee smell. I have been changing every 4 hours sooner if i have number 2 problem. This surgery has messed with my bladder nerves more than my last back surgery.

@technomonkey I hope you feel better soon.

I know all about getting older.  Got more aches and pains.  Then I willing to admit.

On 3/30/2022 at 4:06 PM, ken2988 said:

Getting older hit like a brick when I went incontinent, but it does appear to continue to ramp up as we get older.  Lately I have noticed that sometimes when I am changing my diaper that I am dribbling pee while changing without even knowing until I see it when removing my diaper.  I now am careful when removing my diaper to make sure I don't drip on the floor, furniture, etc. while changing.

The other thing that sucks is on those occasions when I am out and my diaper has gotten too wet and I end up leaking into my outer clothing.  Usually I will catch myself before it gets bad and get home to change into new clothing without anyone noticing, but I have had several occasions where I am sure people have noticed my wet spot, and even had one time this week that a woman said something. 

I was shopping and a lady with a couple of young children came up to me and said very quietly that she had noticed I that I had an accident, and that the back of my pants was wet and thought I might want to know so that I could change.  I hadn't even noticed until she said something, and it made me feel like a little kid!

I have the same issue. I have tried a bunch of plastic pants and found the GARY Pul pants, shiny side in and soft side out do a great job at catching leaks. Often I use some TP to wipe out the liquid in my pants when changing. But my outer pants stay dry! I also try to remember the last time I changed and factor in how much water I drink and this helps. Drinking more water noticeably reduced the pee smell but increases volume of pee and chance for leaks. You just have to test things out to see what works! Good luck and hang in there. It's just something to work around.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m going to be 80 in a couple of months. And I agree that getting old definitely does suck. But dying young would be worse!

• Like 4

Well, for all you ‘kids’ out there, I am 72 and I have had one hip replaced twice (the first one came loose!) a half knee then replaced with a whole knee and I have had the prostate removed as well. Nappies all the way, that last operation was the knee and I wore Tykables ‘cammies’ in the hospital. They are very comfortable and practical and whilst I have been incontinent (urinary only) for too many years to count, I don’t like feeling that I need medical looking nappies. Nobody in the hospital minded, in face I don’t think they even noticed and they have an enormous capacity which was useful. Yes, getting old is a pain in the neck, hip, knees and most other places, but as a friend of mine says ‘every day above ground is a good day’!!. It’s still a beautiful world.

• Like 1

Poor babies! I am 76 and have had two corneal replacements and a quadruple bypass, a perotid gland removed as part of cander treatment and spent  4-1/2 moths nearly totally blind I have had several polyps burned off. I have been cancer-free for 13 years and my heart is as strong as ever because I acted fast. I will soon have a second root canal (the first time, I did not even have a n anesthtic: The nerve was deader than my chances of morphing into a LB and I did not want to wait the extra ten minutes it would take the uneeded Novacaine to kick in)

On 3/30/2022 at 4:18 PM, Dprczyone said:

Yes. I'm a dl only. For sure I thought I'd need them by now but apparently I have a very good bladder system. I use BetterDry and a booster when I get to wear. For added safety I also wear plastic pants. The wife would have a fit if I got the furniture wet.

You are wise, grasshopper.

29 minutes ago, Little Christine said:

Poor babies! I am 76 and have had two corneal replacements

I can relate. Have an eye disease and now am, for the most part, totally blind.

7 hours ago, ppdude said:

You are wise, grasshopper.

I can relate. Have an eye disease and now am, for the most part, totally blind.

I live in fear of losing my sight, I have had one torn retina but cannot imagine being totally blind. Much respect ppdude.