LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What's your least favourite part of the AB/DL life style?

squishii

Not gonna be a poll, but a genuine question. It's not often that I see people talking about the parts they dislike. When I do, it's usually a brief mention. So go ahead, feel free to talk about what you dislike about the AB/DL lifestyle! Keep in mind, it can be anything! As long as it isn't spreading hate of course, but I know you guys aren't bad people like that.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, CrispyCookiePup said:

Not trying to insult anyone, but I don't like rewearing used diapers. A diaper's sole purpose is to relieve one's urinal and bowel movements. Why do you have to need to use it again when it would just feel all mucky. I'm not trying to discourage anyone, but still.

I completely agree with you buddy! The thought of reusing an ALREADY used diaper is just gross.??????? That's a huge turn off to me. I'm a one-time use baby only!???❤️???❤️☺️???

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, MegaChar said:

Probly the cost of it and the possible stigma that still attached to it.

Yeah, I would agree with that too. Although part of the stigma is also because of society and it not be socially acceptable. And the other part is probably coming to terms with it within yourself too. As if the stigma wasn't bad enough.???????

• Like 1

Yeah, the cost, and stygma. I off set some of the cost with cloth and plastic pants. But even just wanting to try a sample disposable, can cost $11 for 2. ..ugh! ??

OH! And the creeps who get attracted to us, because they "think" we have something to do with children....( Which we don't) ...<gag> those types are truly revolting...??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I really like this question because it's not something we talk about a lot because most people want to talk about why they want to be a baby and what they enjoy about it. For me, it's the lack of real mental engagement. It's really fun to turn my brain off and play with baby toys and watch Disney Junior shows for a few hours, but then I always hit a wall where it's like "okay, my brain really needs something stimulating now". It's hard to sustain being in little space for that reason.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, saltedcaramel64 said:

My least favorite part is all the creeps and weirdos that also have this fetish.  Like the ones who trick healthcare workers into changing them and the ones that creep around daycares to steal used diapers.  People like that.

@saltedcaramel64

I agree with you 100%! I can understand people that have the fetish, and that do things that make them feel good, so long as they do it in an appropriate manner. However, there are individuals who I see on the news from time to time who will do things exactly like you just said: one that comes to mind was one winter day about 5 to 7 years ago, and a guy was walking up to people and asking them to “change his diaper“. Burlington Vermont Police were called, and this guy was arrested, and all I could do was hang my head and go “what the hell is wrong with this guy?”  I think the guy in the story was mentally challenged or something, or he was not himself, and had to spend some time in a local hospital because of this.

Also, there are people like you said, who try to “trick healthcare workers, and other support staff” in the doing things like that. There are people who do need the services of professional individuals who deal with activities of daily living support. These individuals do very intimate care, and take care of the most private of things for an individual, and they support that individual, because then that person can live the best life possible.  People that are Moderately/severely/profoundly disabled need the type of support that may require them to have all supports possible, which means you pull out the stops and give them as much as they need.

The thing that bothers me, is there are people who will try to “fake a disability“ to get someone to do something like this. There are also people who are disabled, who need the services of an aide/nurse/personal care attendant, and without that type of support people like this would be lost. Individuals who try to pull the wool over professionals eyes like that, who fake disabilities, or try to do something underhanded give people like me who are moderately disabled, as well as other people who may be disabled worse than I am a bad name. If I need something, I don’t worry about it, because I can advocate for myself and ask for it. Disabled individuals wake me with very productive lives, and butt for disabilities, we have the challenges everyone else spaces

If I need something, I don’t worry about it, because I can advocate for myself and ask for it. Disabled individuals wake me with very productive lives, and but for our disabilities, we have the challenges everyone else faces:  we just may have more challenges on top of those the others face. I have always been taught to be honest, straightforward, and try not to mislead someone, and definitely not lie to them. If someone engages in this kind of conduct, by trying to “tricked people“ into thinking that you’re disabled, when you’re not, that gives us all a bad name. Of course, there are people who are disabled in other ways, and they might not “show their disability”, which means that it may not be evident to someone who sees them a day-to-day basis. When you have professionals working for you, you have to end up doing one thing:

I have stated this before: you have to keep your personal relationships separate from your professional relationships/unique relationships. The reason you have to do this, is because you may have an individual who is providing you with ADL support, which means that they may end up helping you With toileting, showering, dressing, preparing food, etc. you need this service to be able to function, but you always keep that separate from a personal relationship where you have a person who is “mommy” and who is “Daddy”. This is because people that work in the healthcare profession, as well as many other professional relationships or professions are most likely “mandated reporters” so you have to be careful what you ask someone to do, because if you asked the wrong person it can backfire in your face, and then you would have people crawling all over you if you make that mistake. This is why it is important to keep a professional relationship separate from my personal one.

Professional individuals who support people with disabilities in the course of their work do not bat an eyelash if they have to help you in the bathroom, or maybe change your diaper. That is part of their job, and they do it with skill and position. They know that you need that type of support, and they are there to assist you to leave the best life possible, while keeping you comfortable so you can enjoy daily living activities.

if someone wants to wear diapers, use diapers, wear baby clothes, use pacifiers or bottles etc., that is their business, as well as the business of anyone who knows of a persons fetish and accepts it, and a fetish should be kept between the people that engage in it, and keep the professionals out of it. As I said, there’s no reason someone should be tricking anyone into providing you services That you do not need, there are a lot of individuals who need this type of service on a daily basis, and for each person receives the service, they are able to lead full lives and do what it is they want to do. If you have jokers who try to trick someone into doing something like this, they are the jerks and fools, because it makes them look bad. I am not ashamed of the fact that I am disabled, and I’m also not ashamed of the fact that I receive services for my disability. I always have a standing role that I will use my disability if and when it is necessary to get what I need, what I should have, or what I want when necessary. Otherwise, my disability does not come into play unless it is necessary. Being disabled is what I am, and there are people who are worse off than I am, will need the services that we are talking about, and like @saltedcaramel64it makes me mad when I see someone trying to take advantage of a service by trying to lie.

between consenting adults there is no problem: but keep The relationships separate. Anybody who decides to deceive someone to get their kicks: should end up getting their ass kicked! However, if someone wants to wear diapers, and get into the lifestyle, and they are Adults, as long as they do things that are within the law and not deceitful, they should be OK: this is why there are services out there for people who may want to indulge in the lifestyle, but you still have to be careful when you engage online services.

Brian

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Kawaharu said:

People not understanding that some people have a medical need for diapers

@Kawaharu

I can also sympathize and empathize with this position. People who do not understand what it is like to be in a position do you need to wear or use diapers, or deal with a disability, or other challenge may not understand the reasoning, because they have never dealt with it. Most of my friends that I know of actually understand that there are people who are disabled who must wear diapers because of incontinence, or because of other conditions associated with their disability, or other conditions that might manifest themselves as a person ages.

I think that it would be a great thing if most people who saw someone Who needs diapers, or who purchases them understand that they need them, and not to give them a lot of grief about it. I don’t have to worry about that, because of my disability, and it is well known that some people with disabilities like CP may have incontinence issues, Or worse yet problems with their muscles that makes control of their bladders and bowels either very difficult to do or impossible to do because of damage.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people that are incontinent, and they live with it every day. They understand exactly what they have to deal with, they know what they do, they know how they do it, they know when they do it, and they accept that that is what they must do. The problem is, but there are some people in the world who DO NOT understand this, and the old “stigma“ that babies are the only ones that wear diapers rears its ugly head.  W R O N G!

People that do not have control of their bladder and bowels are incontinent, and they have no control over those functions, so they wear disposable underwear, disposable diapers, pull-ups, or whatever they decide to use to deal with this problem. They have all of the necessary equipment that they need to be able to deal with it on a daily basis. When I decided to go to 24 seven in 2020, I told everyone of my decisions that I work with, and I made the necessary change to allow for myself to have everything that I needed to be able to deal with my incontinence.  I do not want to worry about whether or not I have to go to the bathroom or not, or whether I have to get up and go to the bathroom every single time. After dealing with this since 2019, and losing so much sleep because of me being in the bathroom for 5 to 6 hours a night, diapers were my solution, and I don’t care if I totally mess myself if I’m wearing a diaper, because diapers allow me the dignity, safety, and sanity that I am looking for. Far too many times I have to get up in the middle of the night and almost hurt myself to get to the bathroom because I’m running like a wild animal. With a diaper on, if I have to use it I use it.

it is OK for people not to understand why we do what we do or what we do what we do, but if someone were to question me on it, I just tell them that it helps me make sure that I don’t have to hurt myself when using the bathroom. If someone doesn’t come to me and confront me, I don’t have to worry about it. Even if they were to confront me, this is the way that I have chosen to deal with my incontinence, and nothing is going to change that. I have noticed over the last two years that I am more confident, more relaxed, I don’t worry about stupid stuff, and I don’t lose sleep anymore. Putting a diaper on is about as easy is flushing the toilet. It’s just something that you do. People who do not wear diapers, and think the diaper is only used for babies/disabled have to realize that in some cases incontinence is a condition that can be disabling to an individual who has been proud and able to function: to them if they do not accept what has happened to them, they may have emotional issues and psychological issues, etc. and they have to go through the process is to understand that wearing a diaper and using it is not a big deal to those who deal with it every day, but I bet you that if there was a way to cure incontinence when your muscles or body parts/plumbing are broken, that most people would probably jump at it. People who do not understand what we go through, May feel the way they feel because they don’t have to deal with incontinence, the constant cleanup, the changes, and everything that we deal with. If they don’t understand that’s OK, because eventually they will in time, and even if they don’t, they will understand that there are people who need diapers in more ways than one, and there’s no way that they are going to change the way we are as individuals, and what we do. It took me a while to get to the point that I accepted that I like diapers, need diapers, wear diapers etc., but I am not worried anymore, I’m not going to change, and I want the security and safety of having a diaper on if something should happen. I grow tired of having to almost hurt myself to try to go to the bathroom because I can’t get there fast enough, and when you end up with IBS kicking in, you may end up feeling a rumble in your stomach, and by the time you say time to get up, you’ve already done the deed before you even stand.

However there are people who understand the need for Diapers. Because I had a disabled brother, and have disabled friends that have worn diapers, and have worn them myself, I don’t feel ashamed or strange or anything like that. It’s simply a medical need, which can be substantiated, and diapers are not just for babies, but anyone who is over the age of five probably would be thought of as a person who doesn’t need diapers. This is also incorrect, because there are people who have medical reasoning for wearing diapers.  I am one of those myself: and I will not change this philosophy.

Brian

• Like 2

My #1 complaint would be diaper rash, when I get it. Fortunately, it doesn't happen very often, because I try to be proactive about avoiding it, but when it does, it can literally and figuratively be a pain in the ass.

Second to that would be a complaint that isn't really caused by this lifestyle, but that has consequences related to it: the pandemic has created nearly perfect conditions for me to live out my diapered dreams... I work from home almost every day, and as often as not, I might spend a good part of the day in just a diaper and a t-shirt. However, the pandemic has also heavily curtailed gym access for the past couple of years, and as a result of that, I've gained some weight. Thus, some of the oversized pants and shorts that I bought, for the purposes of camouflaging the fact that I wear diapers, have become "correct-sized" pants and shorts, leaving me vaguely self-conscious about the possibility that under certain conditions, my diaper might be more noticeable than it used to be. I either need to up-size my clothes, which I am loath to do, or, when I do start travelling more for work again, I will have to go back to wearing slimmer diapers during the day, which I am also loath to do, having become used to wearing larger plastic diapers most of the time. 

The solution is to go back to the gym, but, I'll have to buy new, larger gym clothes, if I want to have a hope of wearing a diaper there, and it not being noticed. Or, I guess I could change gyms, and become "diaper guy" at the new gym, and just wear what I wear, come what may. I couldn't do that at my current gym because I know too many people there. 

• Like 2

I agree with previous posts about the lack of understanding and acceptance of ABDL's. Wouldn't it be nice if someone simply said in a very nonchalant way: "It's ok, but I think you need to change, just a little stinky."

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • 3 weeks later...

The smell. Not always to botherd with it myself, still don't want all my stuff or myself smelling of pee all the time?. but it's something I do have to keep in mind, also for the sake of other's.

• Like 1