LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

ADULT CLOTH DIAPER SERVICE

AbabeBill

I’m wondering, if anyone who uses cloth diapers, has a service? Does anyone have their dirty cloth diapers picked up, and fresh clean ones delivered back to you? I know, there are still some baby cloth diaper services out there, and some handle adult size diapers. There was an episode of Dirty Jobs, with Mike Rowe, where he was with a cloth diaper service, and they did adult diapers. 
Are you a cloth diaper service customer? What kind of diapers? Do you get plastic pants too? Or, other? What area are you in? What service is it? 
Mike & crew, sporting their diapers, from that episode. 
DAF03508-933B-4523-A4AC-24ED9F49CE5A.jpeg

I was thinking about using one once but never got around to it.    Diaper services (even infant ones) have been dropping like flies over the past 30 years.   Places I knew that had diaper service:

Baltimore.   They had one for decades and for a while had a second "Cottom Bottoms."  I spent a lot of time talking to the lady at the latter who was trying to convince me to get out of disposables.

Washington DC.

North Central New Jersey.

New York City (Cupid diapers I think).

Papillon, NE (Omaha area)

Chicago

Boston

Bend Oregon

Portland Oregon

Sacremento

Bay Area, California.

LA

Seattle (multiple if I recall).

I don't know of any that are current existant.

What you usually got were some ugly contoured diapers with an incomplete waterproof covering.    Some of them had regular "pinnable" diapers.   In any event, you were on your own for diaper covers.   Some would wash and return your personal diapers.

• Thanks 1

Most of the adult services were allied with either a baby diaper service or some other commercial laundry.   I doubt they had a specific "adult diaper" van to do the deliveries.

2 hours ago, ppdude said:

Can you imagine what the delivery truck looked like? The advertising on the sides and back? Talk about the neighbors...

4 minutes ago, willnotwill said:

Most of the adult services were allied with either a baby diaper service or some other commercial laundry.   I doubt they had a specific "adult diaper" van to do the deliveries.

I don't think he was suggesting it advertised "adult diaper laundry services"... just diaper service in general, which if you're known to be single or have no kids would draw unneeded attention.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

I don't think he was suggesting it advertised "adult diaper laundry services"... just diaper service in general, which if you're known to be single or have no kids would draw unneeded attention.

I’m just really interested in, if anyone does or has used a service. I don’t think it’s a very popular thing, but maybe someone out there has, or does? 
It very much would be, odd and maybe embarrassing for a blatant diaper service truck, to be visiting a home with no children. But, certain people don’t let that bother them. And some people, might even enjoy the possible attention. 
And no, I don’t think any company would, in good taste, put “ADULT” diaper service on a service vehicle. 

There is such a thing a s a niche that is to small to ber feasaible to service, although my insurance company does support cloth diapers. However, those may come back with the concerns about sigle-use items filling up the dumps

20 hours ago, ppdude said:

Can you imagine what the delivery truck looked like? The advertising on the sides and back? Talk about the neighbors...

White, as that is a very common color and would not draw attention and would also be associated with cleanliness, with company names like "Environmental or ECO [Medical Cleaning or Laundry (or some combination thereof)] Service" of which an adult diaper service would be just one department

Not only is adult cloth diaper use a small niche but how many persons do not have a washing machine or access to a laundromat/ Unless you are a snoop, do ordinary adult diapers, especially flats, look that different from other cloth items? I had the occasion some 24 years ago to do my laundry and wash my diapers at a laundromat a few times in a row, and went at  off-peak hours and guess wha. I rinsed the diapers wel and tossed them in with the rest of my underwear

• Like 1

For a while I used a service ( not for cloth ) from Knowaste that picked up disposable diapers and recycled them. They supplied a dedicated garbage bin and picked it up every week for a fee.

They shut down after about a year.

As with a lot of the medical supply business, some of these diaper service guys mostly made their money off medicaid-covered recipients.    I've lived in various places and have contemplated service a few times and called to inquire.   The problem is that I couldn't really stand to wear enough at that point in my life to cover the minimum order (about 21 diapers a week) and thought I could stick with it for the month that the minimum service ran.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Little Christine said:

White, as that is a very common color and would not draw attention and would also be associated with cleanliness, with company names like "Environmental or ECO [Medical Cleaning or Laundry (or some combination thereof)] Service" of which an adult diaper service would be just one department

Not only is adult cloth diaper use a small niche but how many persons do not have a washing machine or access to a laundromat/ Unless you are a snoop, do ordinary adult diapers, especially flats, look that different from other cloth items? I had the occasion some 24 years ago to do my laundry and wash my diapers at a laundromat a few times in a row, and went at  off-peak hours and guess wha. I rinsed the diapers wel and tossed them in with the rest of my underwear

When I was a younger man, I used to live in apartments with no washers or dryers and I took all my clothes to the laundromat for washing. And you're right, my diapers, plastic pants, and sleepers, etc. pretty much fit in with all my other stuff, except that maybe some of the materials, colors and patterns would have been unusual for a young man's apparel. But maybe I was washing my kids' stuff, and who pays close attention to other peoples' dirty laundry at the laundromat, anyway? There was one time, though, when I left my baby stuff in a dryer while I went to buy some smokes or something, and when I came back, someone had stolen them! Man, was I pissed! I've always wondered, though, whether it was just random, or whether someone had seen that it was adult baby stuff and wanted it for themselves so much that they were willing to risk getting caught stealing.

• Like 1

I did not take my rubber panties to the laundromat I could rinse and wash them at home and dry them out over the bathtub using the method described in RUBBER PANTIES'R'US that I developed decades ago, thanks to the appearance of plastic hangers. Also, I understood for over 55 years, NEVER leave your stuff in an insecure state

• Like 1

I think now more then ever, it is extremely hard to squeeze out any money, providing pick-up, delivery service. The overhead costs are a killer! From maintaining a base facility, to fleet cost. You probably couldn’t get enough customers, in a decent doable radius, to make it feasible. 

On 1/30/2022 at 11:03 AM, AbabeBill said:

I’m wondering, if anyone who uses cloth diapers, has a service? Does anyone have their dirty cloth diapers picked up, and fresh clean ones delivered back to you? I know, there are still some baby cloth diaper services out there, and some handle adult size diapers. There was an episode of Dirty Jobs, with Mike Rowe, where he was with a cloth diaper service, and they did adult diapers. 
Are you a cloth diaper service customer? What kind of diapers? Do you get plastic pants too? Or, other? What area are you in? What service is it? 
Mike & crew, sporting their diapers, from that episode. 
DAF03508-933B-4523-A4AC-24ED9F49CE5A.jpeg

In the actual episode that aired, you never saw Mike Rowe wearing one of the adult diapers, just his crew.  Obviously this is a photo and not part of the actual filming, but for years I have wondered about Mike Rowe,  If you have watched the episodes of Dirty Jobs over and over so many times as I have you will notice he's made many references to diapers and going in his pants, even if just joking.  I seriously think he has some AB/DL tendencies.  I'd even go a step farther and say it was he who came up with the idea of having his crew wear the adult diapers at the end of this episode.  Who knows?  He may even have the above photo framed and hanging on his bedroom wall!

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

In the actual episode that aired, you never saw Mike Rowe wearing one of the adult diapers, just his crew.  Obviously this is a photo and not part of the actual filming, but for years I have wondered about Mike Rowe,  If you have watched the episodes of Dirty Jobs over and over so many times as I have you will notice he's made many references to diapers and going in his pants, even if just joking.  I seriously think he has some AB/DL tendencies.  I'd even go a step farther and say it was he who came up with the idea of having his crew wear the adult diapers at the end of this episode.  Who knows?  He may even have the above photo framed and hanging on his bedroom wall!

I suppose it’s quite possible? Don’t think it’s something anyone can actually confirm though. 

There was another episode where he was cleaning the storm drains in LA.  And picking up a used diaper to hold it up in front of the camera before letting the suction pipe suck it away.  

BTW.... if you didn't know, they brought the show back and new episodes started a few weeks ago.   But I simply can't stand watching Discovery anymore -- it's almost literally 50% commercials now (at best 6 to 8 minutes of show followed by 3+ minutes of commercials) and 1/2 of them are for their own programs or their streaming service.  It's shit like that that's turned me away from TV.  Even Youtube isn't *that* bad  (yet)!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

There was another episode where he was cleaning the storm drains in LA.  And picking up a used diaper to hold it up in front of the camera before letting the suction pipe suck it away.  

BTW.... if you didn't know, they brought the show back and new episodes started a few weeks ago.   But I simply can't stand watching Discovery anymore -- it's almost literally 50% commercials now (at best 6 to 8 minutes of show followed by 3+ minutes of commercials) and 1/2 of them are for their own programs or their streaming service.  It's shit like that that's turned me away from TV.  Even Youtube isn't *that* bad  (yet)!

Yes, Mike has an office now ? 

I agree, on the terrible amount of interruptions, all tv is unbridled greed. 

A long time ago I visited a place in Chicago that provided adult diaper services. I was looking to buy adult cloth diapers.

61vVgDtqThL._AC_SX425_.jpg

That was what they provided. When I asked if they carried any without the vinyl backing, they were confused. I'm still not sure how those are supposed to not leak. They were surprised when I mentioned plastic pants.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

A long time ago I visited a place in Chicago that provided adult diaper services. I was looking to buy adult cloth diapers.

That was what they provided. When I asked if they carried any without the vinyl backing, they were confused. I'm still not sure how those are supposed to not leak. They were surprised when I mentioned plastic pants.

I have seen diapers (photos) like that, maybe eBay? The look more suited for, a wearer who would be sitting up, or standing. 
It would seem odd, they were clueless about plastic pants. You would think, even if they didn’t deal with them for their service, they would know of them. 

19 minutes ago, AbabeBill said:

I have seen diapers (photos) like that, maybe eBay? The look more suited for, a wearer who would be sitting up, or standing. 
It would seem odd, they were clueless about plastic pants. You would think, even if they didn’t deal with them for their service, they would know of them. 

That was my thought about the plastic pants, although at the time, pre-internet selling it was hard to find adult sized plastic pants. 

Those diapers, I had some in a pin on style, are deceptive. Under that waterproof patch is a fairly thick soaker pad, but as you can see the vinyl in no way protects from any serious wetting, flooding or even longtime leakage, as wicking will cause wet spots.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

61vVgDtqThL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Like @ValentinesStuff I also had the pin-on style for the most part wearing at night under a plastic pant.  They didn’t work that well for me.  Problem being one diaper was not sufficient and when layered the vinyl barrier restricted flow into the center section of the outer diapers.  Despite the failings I believe it was considered an improvement on the basic prefold at the time.

The most recent epesode of the new Dirty Jobs had Mike working to clean an escelator.  The steps were removed and he had to go in and clean the insides at the top first, then at the bottom.  He said to the regular workers showing him what to do, "I'm going to wipe the bottom" and when he said that a couple times with that grin and look in his eye at the camera, there was no mistaking the double meaning.  I really think he might have some facination with diapers.  Maybe he's even reading this thread and smiling that he's the subject of some diaper posts!

I know my mom never had a diaper service.  I was in pin on cloth diapers at night until at least 5-1/2, closer to age 6.  She bought the Gerber vinyl pants at the local grocery store and I remember every night having to bring her a diaper and getting diapered for bed in the living room.  I remember the large pink diaper pail in the basement next to the washer.  Why pink I'll never understand as it was just my older brother and I.  I kind of think she was hoping for a girl but I popped out instead.  Maybe it was a baby shower gift or she bought it in anticipation I would be a girl.  Maybe it was the only color they had.

Frankly, an adult cloth diaper service makes sence for elderly people living in their own home.  It's either spend a ton of money on cheap Depends or get a diaper service because at their age, who would be able to wash diapers 2 or 3 days a week? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, rusty pins said:

The most recent epesode of the new Dirty Jobs had Mike working to clean an escelator.  The steps were removed and he had to go in and clean the insides at the top first, then at the bottom.  He said to the regular workers showing him what to do, "I'm going to wipe the bottom" and when he said that a couple times with that grin and look in his eye at the camera, there was no mistaking the double meaning.  I really think he might have some facination with diapers.  Maybe he's even reading this thread and smiling that he's the subject of some diaper posts!

I

I caught that episode too while -- here it comes -- doing a load of laundry which included -- you guessed it -- a cloth diaper that caught my latest episode of bed wetting along with the bed sheets and plastic panties!!!

!