LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The ultimate insult :(

drynot

Let me preface this post by saying that I'm not trying to make light of the fact that the corona virus has killed millions of people around the globe....I'm only speaking about my experience.

So....after two years of dodging this thing...I finally got infected with Omicron.  I'm fully vaxxed so the symptoms were generally mild. I suffered from wicked fatigue, headaches, body aches, and a few other symptoms.  However....the one that hurt the most?  I lost my sense of SMELL!!!

Oh the horror.......

I'm kinda into scents.....like....REALLY into scents.  One of my favorite smells is the blessed scent of baby powder.  Nope....can't smell it.  Freshly cooked bacon?  Nope.  Brewing coffee?  Nope.

Hopefully just a temporary condition....but not being able to smell sucks :(

• Like 1

I have a friend who got Covid and lost his sense of taste, it's been over a year and he still hasn't gained it back, unfortunately it seems like it may be permanent for him.

Hope you get your sense of smell back my dude! Some people get it back right away, others take a while. So don't lose hope, even if it takes a bit.

4 hours ago, kasarberang said:

I have a friend who got Covid and lost his sense of taste, it's been over a year and he still hasn't gained it back, unfortunately it seems like it may be permanent for him.

How does this affect his eating habits? Does he eat less? Does he not want to eat? I fear losing my sense of taste, but with the need to keep sustained, I fear everything would nauseate me, Ive had some foods that felt like have no taste and that didnt sit well with me. Has he lost any weight?

1 hour ago, barnburner said:

How does this affect his eating habits? Does he eat less? Does he not want to eat? I fear losing my sense of taste, but with the need to keep sustained, I fear everything would nauseate me, Ive had some foods that felt like have no taste and that didnt sit well with me. Has he lost any weight?

He still seems to eat the same amount that he usually did. One of his hobbies is buying different snacks and treats, he still does this, he now just buys them for the texture though and not so much the taste (or in some cases for the feeling like sodas or alcoholic beverages) so the items he buys are different. He claims it's good in some ways, because he now can eat/drink things he used to hate because he can't distinguish them anymore, so cheaper items are more available to him. He obviously wishes he could still taste though, but I guess when you've had a year of not being able to taste, you start making the best of it.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, kasarberang said:

He still seems to eat the same amount that he usually did. One of his hobbies is buying different snacks and treats, he still does this, he now just buys them for the texture though and not so much the taste (or in some cases for the feeling like sodas or alcoholic beverages) so the items he buys are different. He claims it's good in some ways, because he now can eat/drink things he used to hate because he can't distinguish them anymore, so cheaper items are more available to him. He obviously wishes he could still taste though, but I guess when you've had a year of not being able to taste, you start making the best of it.

If hes still eating candy and junk food while claiming he has no sense of taste, hes probably a liar.

I had delta last Jan and I lost my sense of smell and taste for several days.. what came back was different. nothing tastes the same and nothing smells the same.. For several weeks all I could smell was a constant burning cigarette smell. it was everywhere I went. Both my wife and I had it at the same time last year. It helped us clean out our cupboards of food we didn't like.. I just kept saying.. cook that we don't like anyway. It also helped me get over my addiction to Johnson and Johnson talc baby powder. I was literally addicted to the smell, but what it smells like now, isn't the same. I was super worried about what I was going to do as my supply of it ran short. Problem solved. I did regain my senses. but I'm now in the process of learning all the new tastes and smells in my life. I am fully vaxed. Delta had my down for three weeks. worst cough of my entire life. 

12 hours ago, kasarberang said:

Well, he could always try using hot sauce on everything, and/or smother everything in chili peppers and see if he tastes anything after that.???️???♨️?️? LOL!??? That's what Liv did in iZombie and it worked for her, so it might be worth a try!? LOL!??? Ya never know!?☺️??

• Like 1
19 hours ago, saltedcaramel64 said:

If hes still eating candy and junk food while claiming he has no sense of taste, hes probably a liar.

I'm not going to rule that out as a possibility, but it's the sort of thing that's so minor I couldn't possibly see any motivation he would have for lying. Even if he was lying, it wouldn't really change anything either way.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, kasarberang said:

I'm not going to rule that out as a possibility, but it's the sort of thing that's so minor I couldn't possibly see any motivation he would have for lying. Even if he was lying, it wouldn't really change anything either way.

People lie about nonsense all the time for the same reason; to garner sympathy and get attention.  All of us want to be loved.  Some people think that will only happen for them with lies.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Cute_Kitten said:

Sorry to hear you're sick. Hope you feel better. The only upside to no sense of smell....messy diapers won't bother your nose. Clean up still sucks unless you have someone to change you. ?

Well kitten I am sure that is a load of his mind ?

Anyway, sorry to hear about your loss of smell and I hope you get it back soon.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Cute_Kitten said:

Sorry to hear you're sick. Hope you feel better. The only upside to no sense of smell....messy diapers won't bother your nose. Clean up still sucks unless you have someone to change you. ?

Funny you should mention that....we also have a new puppy...who isn't house trained yet.  I always gag when cleaning up messes.....well....not no more.  Sure...its still kinda gross but definitely more bearable without the stinky smell :D

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Spiderman said:

Well that is a pretty shitty situation for the person changing the diaper ?

Something new always gets the poopy end of the stick! ?

1 hour ago, drynot said:

Funny you should mention that....we also have a new puppy...who isn't house trained yet.  I always gag when cleaning up messes.....well....not no more.  Sure...its still kinda gross but definitely more bearable without the stinky smell :D

When one of my cats was still a tiny kitten, he got into some Christmas cookie icing and ate a bunch before anyone noticed him. He gave himself the squirty shits. ? That was not fun to clean up lol. Animal diapers! 

15 hours ago, kasarberang said:

I wanted to answer back to who you quoted, but couldn't find it.

first I love to snack on candy and snacks strictly for the texture not taste, so lost of taste would increase my choices. I can do without some tastes out there, but love the texture.

On 1/25/2022 at 6:00 PM, drynot said:

Let me preface this post by saying that I'm not trying to make light of the fact that the corona virus has killed millions of people around the globe....I'm only speaking about my experience.

So....after two years of dodging this thing...I finally got infected with Omicron.  I'm fully vaxxed so the symptoms were generally mild. I suffered from wicked fatigue, headaches, body aches, and a few other symptoms.  However....the one that hurt the most?  I lost my sense of SMELL!!!

Oh the horror.......

I'm kinda into scents.....like....REALLY into scents.  One of my favorite smells is the blessed scent of baby powder.  Nope....can't smell it.  Freshly cooked bacon?  Nope.  Brewing coffee?  Nope.

Hopefully just a temporary condition....but not being able to smell sucks :(

When I caught it, it seemed to be that the smell of the coffee I make at my hotel was a LOT stronger, almost made me nauseous. Now, it’s back to normal and only cleaning out the gravy pan makes me a bit queasy. 

Interesting news artical today.  A toddler who is just going to turn two this Sunday saved his whole family.  How?  This is in Texas and the family's house caught on fire, they believe due to a faulty space heater.  2-year-old boy credited with saving family of 7 from fire that destroyed their house - ABC News (go.com)  The parents had both had Covid-19 and lost their since of smell and couldn't smell the smoke.  The Toddler could, went to his parents bedroom and woke his mom and dad just in time for everyone to get out safely.  One more possible way you could die from having Covid-19.

• Like 1