LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Have you ever had an accident during a medical exam?

If you're incontinent, there's only so much you can plan for. And when the doctor, nurse, or technician examines your genitals or rectum for any reason, there's always a chance you can have an episode you didn't prepare for. 

Has it happened to you yet? 

I did and was so embarrassed during a urodynamic test where they fill your bladder to measure pressure and flow as the take images and readings.  They used a lot more of the fluid then expected due to my bladder size and kept having to get doctor approval to add more.  When we finally reached a point where I felt I had to go and told them it was too late.  I ended up soaking a technician and myself in the process as I apologized.  

• Like 3
16 hours ago, wearer24/7 said:

Not yet but being urinary incontinent i suppose i have as i dribble all of the time.

@wearer24/7@TheGrimmRetails

has not happened to me yet: I am incontinent both ways, however I have not done this yet. I would say that if they had me drink a whole bunch of liquid and then tried to have me hold it for a long period of time eventually I would have no choice but to release. If someone doesn’t have the capacity to hold it, I can’t understand why a doctor would want you to hold for a long period and then have anything else happen other than a wet technician or a doctor! Hopefully next time they’ll know when to stop so they don’t get a shower!

Brian

• Like 1

Not during an exam but when I was in the hospital the doctor was very early on his rounds and wanted to see an infected area on my inner thigh. He was so early there was no time to change my diaper and it got saturated overnight, gown and underpad included. 

I also thought I was also going to pee during an ultrasound because of the pressure but I lucked out on that one. 

• Like 1

When I was going through the process of getting diagnosed I had to have an ultrasound and before the ultrasound I had to drink a certain amount of liquid before it and hold (can’t remember the amount of liquid )during the ultrasound I started to dribble I apologised and she she told me not worry about it that it happens all the time. I was very embarrassed about it.

18 minutes ago, Newbee said:

When I was going through the process of getting diagnosed I had to have an ultrasound and before the ultrasound I had to drink a certain amount of liquid before it and hold (can’t remember the amount of liquid )during the ultrasound I started to dribble I apologised and she she told me not worry about it that it happens all the time. I was very embarrassed about it.

@Newbee

when I was 30 years old, I had my appendix explode - later I found out that I additionally had a problem with peritonitis: this condition can be serious, and I almost died! I was lucky that I was able to get to the hospital, and I was lucky that I had a doctor that was checking in with me while I was not feeling well. I knew something was wrong when I started spitting up white liquid. This condition made me nervous, so the first time I was able to get a hold of the doctor that Monday morning, I warned him that I “may end up being in a foul mood, I might be hurting like crazy, and I might use bad language.”  So I ended up coming up to the doctors office, and when I walked into the doctors office I almost fell out of my chair, and the doctor caught me before I hit the floor. He did palpitations on my stomach area right around my kidneys and other places, and he kept on asking me did it hurt as he kept on doing it. He hit my right side right above my ribs and noticed it was hard, and when he pressed in underneath that, I yelled ouch!

so I spent a month in the hospital while that was being worked out, and they pulled my appendix. About 3 1/2 weeks in, they wanted me to have a CAT scan: I’ve had them before, so that wasn’t a big deal, but I will tell you this one scared the shit out of me: first, they insisted that I drink about seven large containers of an orange liquid that was supposed to light me up so that they could see what was going on on my insides.  Being conscientious, I tried to comply with their request for me to drink as much as I could of this liquid. The problem is, that it tasted like alcohol, and I mean like 200 proof whiskey! I drink one or two of these things, and I couldn’t even stand the taste, so they were dumping gallons and gallons of ice into this mixture so I could drink 5 to 6 of these things. I only got about four of them in, and they wanted me to continue to drink this liquid. After a while I just said “I’m not drinking anymore of this liquid, because it makes me sick and I don’t like the taste, and whatever you I have now is exactly what you have.“

so then after that hell, I had a problem with the technician that was doing the scan: she told me not to quote F around on the table and we’ll get this done as quickly as possible“ which is very unprofessional, and uncalled for. Then, in the middle of the scan, the trucks internal power (this was in a trailer pulled by a large semi truck) The trailer went out, so therefore here I am JACK 8 feet in the air, and I had to be lifted off of a table 8 feet high, and put back in my wheelchair. They insisted they were gonna come get me at 3 o’clock in the morning to finish the scan, and I vehemently opposed to this said “no way in hell this is gonna happen you’ll come get me at 10 o’clock in the morning when I’m properly dressed“ I had my IV line coming out of me, liquid pouring out of the Ivy itself, and I was so tired and unable to hold myself on the table, that I was as weak as a newborn baby, because they took me at 9 o’clock at night to do the scan.

so my nurses instructed the imaging department not to take me any earlier than 10 AM. I was basically crying in the arms of a nurse because I was so weak and unable to comply with anything they said, the technician acted like a ditz, using bad language, and insisting that I was going to do it or else, and then to top it all off, I was so tired and I just was weak and irritable. About 30 minutes later, about 700+ milliliters of liquid urine came out of me full force, and I must’ve filled up three urinals and I still was going. When that stopped, then the other end released, and I ended up making a complete mess of my bed!  Took eight nurses to completely clean me up and get me straightened out, and also change all of my dressings, because not only was that an issue, but I had discharge from my discharge line that was being filtered into a receptacle, which was emptied every three days. I was a hurting unit, and I was in pain. So this was the first time in my life that I felt almost like I had no control over anything going on.  In this situation, I had no control of my bladder, or my bowels, and they just evacuated: if you ever want to know what it feels like to be a two year old with no control, this was exactly what it felt like. The only other time that I feel like this is when I have to take Dyazide, which makes you pee like a racehorse, so if you end up drinking anything, and you take this medicine, you are going to empty your bladder from full to empty and once you start you will not stop until there’s nothing left to get rid of. I use this medication because my feet swell and I don’t want to have a problem that makes it impossible for me to stand or walk on them.

So, that was my horror story of when I just exploded!  That night, I had no control over anything, and that was the time I felt so weak I felt like a newborn baby myself. People sometimes laugh at me because they think that I’m a wimp, but after having my appendix come out, and having to deal with almost dying because no one believed me that I was sick, that makes me nervous!  

Brian

• Like 1

I wore a diaper to my last colonoscopy, which they just un-taped and folded down for the procedure. I was wet when I woke up, but I'm not sure when it happened, since I was "out". I also wore a diaper to a CT-scan, since they requested that I drink 32 ounces of water 45 minutes before the scan. (They were scanning my kidneys, bladder, etc..) I couldn't hold it through the whole process and soaked my diaper about mid-way through it. Bedwetting is already in my medical records, and with my ever-increasing urge incontinence, I'll probably soon be diapered for all my doctor visits.

On 1/19/2022 at 5:23 AM, TheBabyPants said:

I did and was so embarrassed during a urodynamic test where they fill your bladder to measure pressure and flow as the take images and readings.  They used a lot more of the fluid then expected due to my bladder size and kept having to get doctor approval to add more.  When we finally reached a point where I felt I had to go and told them it was too late.  I ended up soaking a technician and myself in the process as I apologized.  

me too

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

It’s almost a given for me, need to be in a diaper or on a pad all the time. I broke my lag when I was 16, the paramedic was a little surprised when he cut my paints off and revealed a socked diaper.

I peed my diaper during a lung function test a few weeks ago. I also started to have a pooping accident during my next doctors appointment while I was waiting for a blood test. Needless to say, I didn’t stay for the blood test. I need to go back next week for the blood test.

• 2 weeks later...

A number of times. I think I've commented about some before. It happens. No big deal. 

During urinary exams, there are lots of absorbent pads under you. And the prep is usually to put on the gown with you diaper still on. At some point before the exam, a tech will come in and have you lie back and they will remove your diaper and clean the area and put a new diaper under you and pull it up and lightly secure it. They are used to leaks and ignore it. Unless they need a sample, if they cath, the just let it empty into an absorbent pad directly. 

Whenever I'm on an IV, its like opening a drain. It just goes right through me. The thing is, they don't use caths or diapers unless you specifically request them. They would rather you just soak the bedding and let them know it needs to be changed. I usually bring my own high quality and put them on and change myself where possible. 

I've had some minor surgeries lately and I always wear a diaper in the prep area and sometimes it will stay on during surgery. Some times they remove it. 

Either way, I'm soaked by the time I come out of the anesthesia. If they took off the diaper, the bedding is soaked. If not the diaper is quite heavy. In either case, I'll change before leaving for the drive home. The rest of the day my urine output is very unpredictable. But usually that night is very, very heavy. 

I am incontinent - so I would not call it an accident but it just happens when the bladder gets too full.

However, I go to the bathroom before the examination (unless I have to appear with a full bladder) and do not arrive with a wet diaper. 

The most unpleasant thing that happened to me was during an MRI - I hadn't had the problem for so long and tried to keep it as long as possible - but unfortunately I moved at some point because of the urge. As a result, the diaper was wet and the technician was a bit pissed off because he had to drive back and do the whole thing again...

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, iluvmydiapers said:

To keep it short, yes.

I have both wet and messed my diaper during exams, also wet and messed after my diaper was removed for examination under diaper.

Did they change it? Was that awkward when it first happened??

I have been very busy over the last couple of month which didn't give me much of a chance to come on and post at this site, but I wanted to post in regards to my most recent Doctor visit.  With everything going on over the last couple of years, I was never able to do a follow up visit to a urologist, and when my general doctor gave a referral to a urologist, that urologist ended up not accepting new patients.  So I was finally able to set up an appointment with a urologist for the first time in a while.  My recent visit to my urologist was both the first time I have worn a diaper to a doctor visit and my first time having an accident during a medical exam.

The first thing that the medical assistant did was she brought me a long questionnaire which included how often I went to the bath room, how often I had the urge to pee, did I have issues at night time, did I near protection, etc.  She also asked me to fill up a cup for labs and that the doctor would be performing a full exam including a rectal/prostate exam, so I would need to remove my clothing, and put on a hospital gown, but could leave on my underwear.   I will admit that it was a little uncomfortable answering the questions on the form which included responding that I had issues holding in my urine and that I was wearing diapers 24/7.

When the Doctor and his assistant came back in for my exam, they really didn't say anything about me wearing diapers, but the assistant did ask me to remove my underpants, stand up and bend over the table so that the Doctor could perform a rectal exam.  When he was performing the exam I totally lost control of my bladder and peed all over the floor.  It was obvious that they both saw me have the accident.

No doubt I had a read face.

• 5 weeks later...

I had to go back and search for this thread.   I recently had a colonoscopy where this exact issue came up.   It was under anesthesia and I couldn’t wear a diaper.   Naturally I let the nurse know of my incontinence. However she assured me it was fine as there was a pad underneath me.  When I woke up in recovery there was a noticeable wet spot on the pad.  In my groggy state I was briefly embarrassed. But then I figured that she has probably dealt with her fair share of wet blankets and besides it’s all going to the same place to get cleaned.

I have to say, even though I’m a DL and my incontinence is deliberate, it still made me feel unusually vulnerable telling the nurse who was a complete stranger that I might pee the bed.  

• Like 1

I did a couple times. Once during an mri that took almost an hour. I was wearing a diaper and they knew about my incontince. Part way through i told them that mybladder felt full and she said if i have to come outthey would need to start over. I totally peed my diaper and was soaked when i came out of the tube. The pad i was laying on was wet. I had a spare diaper with me and was able to change when i was done.

Another time i was in for an ultrasound of my bladder. I drank tons of water before hand. I was wearing a diaperdiring the scan and i told her that i couln't hold it. She said not to worry, it happens. I peed that diaper so bad it was obvious. When she was doneshe went andgot me a dry disper and asked if i needed help. I told her no and changed in a private restroom.

• 1 month later...

When I was younger I wet the bed every night. I got sick and was in the hospital for almost a week and remember being extremely embarrassed that night when we got there was was in a diaper. I remember the nurse discussing my wetting with my mom. They ended up keeping me in diapers 24/7 while in the hospital. It was embarrassing having the nurses change me but now looking back I wish I could do it again. 

• Like 2
On 6/2/2022 at 5:14 AM, Bryle said:

When I was younger I wet the bed every night. I got sick and was in the hospital for almost a week and remember being extremely embarrassed that night when we got there was was in a diaper. I remember the nurse discussing my wetting with my mom. They ended up keeping me in diapers 24/7 while in the hospital. It was embarrassing having the nurses change me but now looking back I wish I could do it again. 

I ABSOLUTELY feel the SAME way buddy! I WISH I could do it ALL over again. Looking back I LOVED being in diapers in the hospital when I was eight. It was heaven on Earth! I just wish they had that intoxicating Pampers Baby diapers smell that I love so much! ?♥️??♥️?????????♥️?? But they were MEDICAL Diapers unfortunately.????☹️????????????????