LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Another"what kind of diaper is this"

Hmmmm a dry one with a girl in it.. ??

3 blue tapes. The only adult product (brief) that I know of that has 3 tapes per side is....*drumroll*

.......... Depends...this one just happens to have added decorations across the front to make it look different....kind of camouflage, so noone could tell its a depends... ??

4 hours ago, square_duck said:

Hmmmm a dry one with a girl in it.. ??

3 blue tapes. The only adult product (brief) that I know of that has 3 tapes per side is....*drumroll*

.......... Depends...this one just happens to have added decorations across the front to make it look different....kind of camouflage, so noone could tell its a depends... ??

That's all I found in a search myself was depends. I wish another manufacturer would try a 3 tape design.

Huh! I never knew Attends had 3 tapes! But then again I never really wore them as they were had to find, hence me (yes I'll admit it) wearing over night depends.....until I found something better ??

Those Attends were the best. So crinkly, soft, better absorbency and thickness than Depends, and had a distinct babyish smell to them. Loved the baby blue 6-tapes, too...such a secure fit! Wish an ABDL diaper company would replicate this! FWIW, the prints are taped on and weren't part of the original Attends diapers.

omg.. three tape attends from paperpak was the bomb.. back in the day it was hands down the best diaper made.. Then like most other great diapers.. it was ruined by them trying to produce it cheaper and cheaper.. This was literally my go to diaper..... or wait was that my go in diaper.. any way.. one of my all time favorite diapers

:baby-waving-bye-bye-smiley-emoticon:

• Like 3
1 hour ago, rusty pins said:

Back in the early 1990's before all the Mega-Max, Betterdry, Abena and AB diapers, Attends were one of the first adult diapers available in stores, and yes, they were the best back then and had 6 tapes.

I think that's why I defaulted to a pack of attends after not wearing for so long. I just remember hearing good reviews. But these suck ?. They only have two tapes and not very absorbent ?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, AwakenEvil said:

Attends from the 1800s I suspect!

I didn't know they had adult disposables way back in the 19th century!

5 hours ago, Notme said:

I think that's why I defaulted to a pack of attends after not wearing for so long. I just remember hearing good reviews. But these suck ?. They only have two tapes and not very absorbent ?

The cheap Attends of today are not even close to the Attends of the early 1990's.

On 12/17/2021 at 3:23 PM, rusty pins said:

I didn't know they had adult disposables way back in the 19th century!

The cheap Attends of today are not even close to the Attends of the early 1990's.

@rusty pins @Notme

I wish that there were times that we could see what the older more better quality diapers were, and see how they worked. I have a feeling that as Rusty says most of these diapers of yesteryear are 10 times better than what we have today.  What I mean by “what we have today“ is that all of the diapers that we have, are low quality, tabbed underwear, that don’t have any absorption quality, no odor control, and are made because some idiot in the medical profession or several idiots in medical professions decide that “no one that is wearing a diaper deserves to be comfortable, happy, contented, clean, etc.“ their main objective is to “change everybody every two hours“ and to heck with comfort or convenience or use ability or control of odor Or anything else. This is an opinion that is in my professional opinion, because most of all diapers that are out here today are always the cheapest they can possibly be given, and we know that in 90% of cases they probably are not worth any more than 10 rolls of bounty paper towels.

The main complaint is that “diapers are too expensive“ and they have to be cost effective. What “cost“ are they talking about?: Of course they’re talking about money. Comfort and convenience and other things mean nothing to these companies that make these tabs underwear, and I can guarantee you that if somebody is in continent, and I mean severely in continent, how many people want to end up doing their business in one of these things, and then have to deal with mess and being uncomfortable, and all of the negative things that happen when you use one of these “diapers“

I probably could get old style attends, or old style depends, but they probably would cost upwards of $450. I think that is the last thing that I saw on eBay listing for just the pampers of my generation. Back in those days, they have at least the knowledge to know that they don’t want people to be sitting in wetness and mess for a long period of time, so they make their products better and better. Times of changed, and things of happened to the diapers of yesteryear: the SAP is gone, the perfume is gone, the softness is gone, and of course the crinkle. I don’t understand why they make changes like this, but I know that the reason is is because of money or because of the fact that they can no longer afford to make Quality diapers or incontinence supplies.  They are now “Glorified Bounty Paper Towels”, Have no value, and it is embarrassing if you have to use one of these for any reason. I still would like to see some of these people who “authorized this” I have to live at least six months in the products that they are peddling. I heard several people say that they know their products are subpar, but that’s all that you can get. That is a lie. If I told @DailyDi A lie like that, I would probably spanked!  

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: simply because people want to “save money” is not a good reason to give people who are in continent or need of diapers or incontinence supplies the cheapest possible. Having Quality plastic backed  diapers Is necessary and is a necessity if you are dealing with individuals in healthcare facilities. Why would anyone going into a medical facility want to put on cheap second rate product and then have to do their business in them. I would rather give my right arm then have to use that kind of stuff. I would bring in 100 mega max diapers before I would want to use their Products – they don’t absorb, they don’t deal with wetness appropriately, they don’t deal with masks appropriately, and they cause more problems for individuals that a plastic backed up diaper would ever caught someone.

I wonder what would happen if people like me or @Notmewere able to go back in time, grab a whole bunch of diapers, and bring them forward to 2021. If we were able to take the ones that were quality in the 90s in the 80s and bring them forward to 2021, I bet you that a lot of them would be 10 times better than the “tabbed underwear“ that everybody is forcing on the incontinence crowd or those that wear diapers for whatever reason. Cloth diapers have their function, and their place, and are used by many who may want them, but for people like me that grew up in the 70s, a “diaper is plastic backed, and not something that is not absorbent and able to deal with any release.

OK  @Notme, should we have someone build us a Time Machine and have it sent back to when we were kids? Maybe then we’d be able to get diapers from our own generations, and show these people what a diaper actually was and he is supposed to be.

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Added additional information
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1980s:  Attends came in cardboard boxes and had the plastic micropore lining.  You got 10 per box regardless of size.  These were the thickest ones made, but were only paper fluff - no SAP at all.  Great for one good wetting.... maybe a second if you were lucky, but that was it.  The lining was hell for long-term wear, but was really great for post-wetting "extracurricular activities" (if you get my drift). ?

1990s:  They changed the design to a conventional non-woven topsheet and went to plastic bag packaging.  They also changed the package quantity by size.  This was the golden era of Attends.  They worked well enough and the padding held up quite well.  But they were still harder to get than Duhpends. 

2000s:  Procter and Gamble sells the product line to Paper Pak.  Initially very little was changed, but they pinched those pennies like greedy accountants and soon the product was totally ruined. 

Now, throughout, they weren't exactly "high quality".  The seam joining the backsheet to the inner lining would come loose after a few hours, which meant the padding could fall out.  The waist bands weren't exactly functional (and had none in the earliest incarnation).  But comparing to any of the other readily available products (in the US mind you), they were still the "caddilac" adult diaper. 

The big change that accompanied the sale to PaperPak was that they pulled back from the consumer retail market pretty much concentrating on the medical supply places only.   You used to be able to find Attends in a well stocked pharmacy but they pretty much disappeared completely from the consumer market.

The product actually did improve a bit.  The Attend extra absorbency were my daily wearer for a while until they discontinued it and didn't really provide a direct replacement.   The company was sold to DOMTAR which pretty much ruined the product the rest of the way (and while they were at it made HDIS a completely worthless outlet).

On 12/14/2021 at 4:26 PM, square_duck said:

Huh! I never knew Attends had 3 tapes! But then again I never really wore them as they were had to find, hence me (yes I'll admit it) wearing over night depends.....until I found something better ??

Yep! Attends made two distinct diaper types at the same time back then. a 4-tape standard brief, and a 6 tape with a micropore lining to absorb faster. The 6-tape was probably the best diaper available at the time.

2 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

Yep! Attends made two distinct diaper types at the same time back then. a 4-tape standard brief, and a 6 tape with a micropore lining to absorb faster. The 6-tape was probably the best diaper available at the time.

Wow Mikey!??? You sure do know your diaper history!??????❤️??☺️?????❤️??

• Like 1

Around 1980 or a little before, Attends and Depends hit the stores.  Remember prior to that all you could get are some adult size cloth diapers and waterproof pants from the Sears specialty catalog.  Attends were crap when they first came out and, as Crinklz Kat said, they had a plastic inner lining they called Micro Pore and it felt like sandpaper.  It was supposed to let the urine flow through these little holes.  Think of thousands of inverted funnels as the inner lining.  Being plastic, some urine flowed through while a lot just pooled between those inverted "funnels".  The first Attends were pretty crummy but we were glad to have them!  Back then it was gold!  In the 1990s they changed the design to a regular inner lining.  Those were the best.  Back then diapers didn't have SAP.  I think it was Tranquility that first came up with SAP in their diapers, which they called "peach mat".  They were great, and soon others followed suit.

Brian said, "I have a feeling that as Rusty says most of these diapers of yesteryear are 10 times better than what we have today.  What I mean by “what we have today“ is that all of the diapers that we have are low quality, tabbed underwear, that don’t have any absorption quality, no odor control, and are made because some idiot in the medical profession or several idiots in medical professions decide that “no one that is wearing a diaper deserves to be comfortable, happy, contented, clean, etc.“ their main objective is to “change everybody every two hours“ and to heck with comfort or convenience or use ability or control of odor Or anything else"  He brings up some good points.  Don't compare diapers to disposable underwear though.  It's a change in the market and marketing since the 1980's.  Remember 40 years ago people with light bladder leakage didn't have disposable pull on underwear.  They had to wear either pads that might not do the job or diapers.  Choice A or B.  There was no "C".  What Brian said is true today as far as store type diapers or what they give you in the hospital.  You have people who can get by fine with disposable underpants and those who need actual diapers for incontinence.  Therefore we have a market for disposable underwear and a market for good high quality diapers.  The intermediate market has dropped, and with that I mean the demographic where a low end diaper like Prevail or Attends 4 tapes really isn't that much in demand anymore.  30 or 40 years ago when that was all that there was, we had a market for them.  Kind of like if you wanted a Coke at Burger King.  You got a Coke or maybe a Cherry Coke.  Now there is Diet Coke, Caffeine free Coke and Diet Coke, Vanilla Coke and many other flavors you can choose.  Same with diapers.  Choose pads, disposable underwear, low end store brand diapers or premium diapers.  The diapers from 40 years ago were only good because that was all we had, although Attends seemed the better of them.  In today's world they would be considered low quality next to Mega Max, Betterdry, Abena and most premium diapers.