LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Space X Crew To Use Diapers On Return Trip...

babypb

...due to malfuctioning toilets. Didn't get the link, goggle is your friend. Imagine needing to wear diapers for work!!! What a dream job!!! Wonder if they're NorthShores, ABU's, Tykables, etc???

Diapers...the final frontier..these are the voyages of the diapership pottyprize...its continuing mission...to explore strange new diapers...to seek out and wet new forms 

of protection...to boldly wet what no one has wet before !

• Like 1

More than likely it is something like what NASA did, a "garment" built into or is part of the suit they use. NASA had the M.A.G, or Maximum Absorbancy Garment, what space X uses....who knows!! They might have a contract with an outside vendor such as Northshore....who knows. 

Tons of news articles about it on the web....every reporter is making a big a$$deal about it...sheesh!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, square_duck said:

More than likely it is something like what NASA did, a "garment" built into or is part of the suit they use. NASA had the M.A.G, or Maximum Absorbancy Garment, what space X uses....who knows!! They might have a contract with an outside vendor such as Northshore....who knows. 

Tons of news articles about it on the web....every reporter is making a big a$$deal about it...sheesh!

@square_duck

NASA has always had some sort of way for astronauts to use the “bathroom“ when they are either in the shuttle, on rockets, in the space station, or during reentry. There is no way that anyone is going to be able to use the bathroom if they are in a launch position at Cape Kennedy on the launch pad until they are able to be in space. Of course, before they get into the shuttle they could use the bathroom, but NASA that they are going to have to use diapers – that’s the way it is Dash to make a big deal out of something like that is kind of ridiculous, since obviously NASA astronauts have been using diapers for years I agree with you sometimes I think that they’re making a big deal out of something that is normal for a space traveler.

there are other professions as well that use diapers when they are working. Let’s see I can think of at least one off the top of my head: how about a fighter pilot who is running an F 35 on a mission: they are not going to be getting up to use the bathroom when they’re halfway across the sky and they are not going to be in a position where they will be able to use a bathroom until they land. If someone is going really fast, such as Mike Warner faster, They are going to be pressed right into the seat, so I would assume that a diaper is used in a situation where they cannot use the bathroom in the middle of an air mission.  I don’t know if the influx in people wondering about using diapers because of screwed up toilets on the space station or in the SpaceX capsule has anything to do with William Shatner‘s run into space on Bezos is rocket, but I do agree with you that they are making a big deal out of something that is normal for astronauts. I am sure that a astronaut doing an EVA has the ability to have water and bathroom facilities dealt with inside their suits and I am sure that anyone Who is in space has worn a diaper before and it’s not a big deal.

4 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

And few people realize that every space shuttle crew member went up into space and came back down to earth wearing those MAGs!  EVERY TIME.  Not just spacewalks.

@Crinklz Kat

you would be correct sir. Every astronaut that goes up into space has a supply of mags. I believe it is two or three per astronaut depending on the length of mission, and what they have to do during a mission. I have seen the inside of the shuttle because someone did a movie on it and showed what is inside of it and how it goes, and there’s also mock ups at the space camp in Huntsville I believe, so anyone who goes to space camp can experience what it is like for astronauts to be able to go on the space shuttle into space.  

if a crew member did not wear a diaper either going up or coming down or during a space walk, they would be very uncomfortable, and they would not be able to hold their voids.  I can only imagine sitting in a seat on board a Space shuttle, like discovery for example, and they hit the launch button and you have millions of gallons of fuel shooting you into space in less than eight minutes, getting you off the ground and pass the pads structure in probably 13 seconds or less. With all of that pressure, there is no way that you are going to be able to deal with holding it if you really have to use the bathroom. Each person as I stated, has an allotted number of mags to use,  And I am sure that they have plenty of them aboard the space station, and carry them on board any manned space vehicle that transports astronauts into space.

and I am sure that they have plenty of them aboard the space station, and carry them on board any manned space vehicle that transports astronauts into space.

@spoonchicken Says it best when he says that these space diapers are not the best quality. As everyone is aware now that diapers are getting thinner and thinner, and they are getting cheaper and cheaper, the ability for them to be able to hold, absorb, and be able to protect you is getting worse. I’m not sure whether NASA has contracts with other diaper vendors, but I can tell you that if I was in space, with my bladder, I would probably want the thickest most absorbent diaper you can get. I can just about imagine myself being a board and the first time they hit the start switch I have a mess to deal with. This is minor compared to what space travel has done for us, and if I was able to go into space safely, and be healthy enough to deal with it, I would think it would be pretty cool to do so. Following space shuttle Columbia’s reentry however, I question that sentiment because anytime you go into space or do anything, you take the risk. When you have surgery even, they tell you all the risks involved, and have you sign all this paperwork, because they have to tell you the worst possible thing that can happen, and tell you the odds of how you will be able to come out of surgery.

Each individual who is ever taken a rocket, a space shuttle, SpaceX vehicle, or is Jeff Bezos vehicle, they are all explorers, and they deserve our thanks and our praise.  I remember the first shuttle mission April 11, 1981, known as STS number one: the first shuttle launch from Cape Canaveral Florida: I remember feeling wow that must be awesome, and I could tell that John Young and ROBERT Cryppin enjoyed every bit of this because they were telling us via communications with NASA control, Johnson Space Center, Houston, and vice President George HW Bush, that they were having a blast. We recently lost Mr. Young, but he was one of the pioneers, because he had gone on many many missions, as well John Glenn who I believe was the first astronaut to orbit the earth for the United States I may be wrong.

I am not sure, but maybe NASA has other mags to use if they need them – I am not even sure of the next time someone will go into space, but I will always remember regardless of who they are that they are explorers and that I respect everyone of them for what they have done as we explore the “final frontier“. I was also happy to see that William Shatner was able to get into space even at his age of over 90 years old: I am sure that he will have plenty of stories to tell anyone who asks him about that, and we will always remember Captain James T Kirk, Commander US Enterprise (NCC-1701 and NCC-1701-A). Everyone who is a TREK Fan also realizes that the first space shuttle was named “enterprise” and she was the prototype that was used when building the space shuttle fleet, she was the one who did the approach and landing tests from the top of the shuttle carrier  aircraft, and she is the one that was used to determine, by use of her parts, exactly what happened to space shuttle Columbia in 2003. Because of that use, we were able to make sure to make the shuttles safer for those who ride into space.

Brian

Female fighter pilots might use a diaper, but males can pee into a tube.
Its the same with deep divers. 
Some males might opt for the diapers.

A lot of works that could benefit from using diaper.

She and her three crewmates will spend 20 hours in their SpaceX capsule, from the time the hatches are closed until Monday morning’s planned splashdown.

So 20 hours in same diaper... must be a Northshore Megamax or similar type.

6 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

And few people realize that every space shuttle crew member went up into space and came back down to earth wearing those MAGs!  EVERY TIME.  Not just spacewalks.

This was learned the hard way though, as mentioned with the Alan Shepard incident. Noone bothered the think about bodily functions in the space capsule, or being confined for long periods of time, until he had to pee while sitting on the launch pad. This was covered in one of the movies about mans incursion into space and the space program "... I guess I had to much coffee this morning" and he ended up just going in his then "high tech" space suit! Man, I bet that was uncomfortable!! 

24 minutes ago, square_duck said:

This was learned the hard way though, as mentioned with the Alan Shepard incident. Noone bothered the think about bodily functions in the space capsule, or being confined for long periods of time, until he had to pee while sitting on the launch pad. This was covered in one of the movies about mans incursion into space and the space program "... I guess I had to much coffee this morning" and he ended up just going in his then "high tech" space suit! Man, I bet that was uncomfortable!! 

"The Right Stuff" (at least for starters).

3 hours ago, Dubious said:

Female fighter pilots might use a diaper, but males can pee into a tube.

Read Chuck Yeager's biography sometime.  He stated that before missions, especially in WW2 everyone remembered to pee because at the high altitudes the fighters often flew at the "relief tube" would freeze solid rendering it useless. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Read Chuck Yeager's biography sometime.  He stated that before missions, especially in WW2 everyone remembered to pee because at the high altitudes the fighters often flew at the "relief tube" would freeze solid rendering it useless. 

In WW2 they didn't have pressurized planes.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dubious said:

In WW2 they didn't have pressurized planes.

There were.  The B29 was pressurized --- not the entire aircraft, but parts of it.   The Lockheed C-69 was fully pressurized.  But that was a transport, and very few were built before the end of the war.  After the war it was further developed into the famous L-749 and L-1049 Constellations.  (still one of my favorite aircraft ever)

But, true, the vast majority weren't - and most definitely fighters weren't (and still aren't to this day).

• Like 1

There is enough 'pressure' in flying a fighter with out adding anything else ?

I believe most small aircraft pilots carry a container (pee bottle) for longer flights, since most small planes dont have restroom facilities...

Either that, or pad up and hope you dont have any leaks... ?

When I was training I had to do a solo long cross country flight in a Cessna 152.  My big mistake was drinking a Mountain Dew after my first 121 mile leg.  I took off for the second leg and immediately had to pee bad!  No way to land anywhere as I was still a student and approved only to land at the planned stops on my route.  I was tearing that cockpit apart looking for anything I could find to pee in to no avail.  Thankfully my next stop was only about 60 miles away.  I made it but not my much!  I landed, parked and said, "Fill it up with 100LL and point me to the nearest bathroom!"