LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cloth, Disposable or both?

For those who poop their diapers, do you do it only in a disposable throw away or do you also poop in reusable cloth diapers?  I was raised in cloth diapers as that was pretty much what was used on babies back in 1959 and 1960 when I was 2 years old.  Even as a bedwetter into the year 1964 I wore cloth diapers and plastic pants at night, never a disposable diaper.  Sure, parents were very used to cloth diapers and obviously messy ones back then where as now days I can't see any mother in the last 40 years dealing with poopy cloth diapers.

True, a baby diaper and mess is so much smaller overall than an adult messy diaper, but I myself couldn't deal with a messy cloth diaper and the aftermath of dumping the solids in the toilet, rinsing and dumping it in the ol' diaper pail to be washed later, especially after sitting in it and grinding the mess into the cloth fibers and all.  I mess only in disposable diapers and I really hate the smell and clean up.  When taking it off I immediately roll it up carefully and put it in a couple plastic grocery bags, tie them up tight and dispose of it in the trash outside.

For those who poop in their diapers, whether regularly, daily or just now and then, do you always wear a disposable diaper or do you poop in cloth diapers too?  What is your process for removal of a dirty cloth diaper, getting rid of whatever waste is left inside and washing them?  Do you have a big diaper pail you put them in for soaking and later washing, or do you immediately rinse out all that you can and toss it in the washing machine to get it over and done with ASAP?  Tell us your process for dealing with your messy cloth adult diapers. 

I usually wear disposables. It's easy to know why. Simply easier. I use my diapers around 5 days of 7. Mostly I do that because I like to air out my skin.

But I want to show how I can use BOTH cloth and disposable. I use a quality disposable (I use Confidry 24/7 or Megamax) along with a pull-on cloth diaper (from Kins) and plastic pants (Protex like Gerber). I use a pin-wheel for perforations on plastic cover over the disposable (for draining). I put the disposable first and then the cloth diaper, plastic pants and a 5 snap onesie (for keeping too much sagging). If I'm wearing I always have a big poo. Sometimes at least 2 BM's (typical for 16 to 24 hours). I do have a diaper pail but I usually wash my cloth diapers twice a week.

Using this system I can wear my diapers without soiling my cloth ones. Sometimes they might be just a little messy. Any of the load mostly stays in the disposable. Yes, my diapers are pretty thick which is what I like. I forget where I bought the onsies but I have 5 of them and I love the 5 snap system. I also use Nullo daily along with thick zinc oxide paste (original Desitin formula not that smooth creamy ointment). 

I've been using this system for a decade. If I'm traveling I just use the Confidry 24/7 with a couple of booster doublers and plastic pants with my onsie or compression pants. Typically I use 2 good dosages twice a day of psyllium husk (like Metamucil - I use Walmart's brand). I could expect 2 gigantic loads each day with out any real "fiber loading." I don't have any real issues of changing a messy diaper. Nullo works to keep from having any death stink. 

I hope this answers your questions. Disposables are always easier than just cloth diapers. But I do love cloth diapers. This way I can use both. Now you'll have to excuse me while I go do whatever I want, all the time.

Good question. I usually wear disposable diapers where cleaning up after I mess is not at all onerous, it really takes me less than 5 minutes to get nice and fresh and clean again without taking a shower. My messy diaper changing process is really logical: 1) clean as much as is possible with any clean portion of the messy diaper; 2) either baby wipes, adult wipes, or just paper towels comes next; 3) Wet wash cloth with soap;, 4) pat dry; 5) Parent Choice or Baby Magic Baby Lotion; 6) fresh diaper on; 7) dump any solids into the toilet from my soiled diaper; ? roll up the poopy diaper and place in a plastic shopping bag; 9) a quick spray of room freshener; 10) dirty diaper goes into the outside trash can for trash pick up on Wednesdays. Lately I have been returning al little more, about 2 times a week to cloth diapers and plastic pants for some variety. I have disposable diaper liners that I bought from Rears and use them in my diaper to help keep the diaper from getting totally poopy. I also like to wear panties when I wear cloth diapers to also help with both clean up, and the panties keep the mess better contained and I like the feeling of the mess next to my body. Cleaning up after a messy cloth diaper, even with these precautions in place, is certainly more labor intensive than a disposable diaper. The process is the same as above, with the addition of rinsing my cloth diapers and panty out to avoid staining and then I will put them in a diaper pail to wash later.  The feeling of a wet cloth diaper; however, is wonderful for me, you certainly know that you are wet. Last week I wore a cloth diaper and plastic pants to work. I was a little nervous, but all  went well. I had this diaper on for about 11 hours I think, and by the time I got home I was soaked, and just started to leak. I said hi to my wife, and retreated to change this very soggy diaper and get cleaned up for dinner. 

I love cloth diapers but very rarely actually use them for wetting or messing but what I do is more often then not I will put on a disposable with a stuffer and then overtop my disposable I'll put on a few layers of cloth diapers for that extra thickness !, also sometimes I'll take a XL disposable tapping it overtop my cloth diapers for a huge babyish disposable look, so all in all my messes are always contained in my disposable but being a heavy wetter / Messer more often then not my cloth diapers will be soaked around the edges so I always put on a good pair of plastic pants just incase ! ?

I wear cloth diapers and a PUL cover, partly because of the expense of disposable diapers, and partly because I'd rather wash diapers than send them to the landfill. I like wetting and messing in a cloth diaper. It's something hard to describe.

On 10/26/2021 at 2:36 AM, Moochie said:

I also like to wear panties when I wear cloth diapers to also help with both clean up, and the panties keep the mess better contained and I like the feeling of the mess next to my body. 

I've done this too. And it makes emptying out the diaper a little easier.

I only use disposable diapers now.  I did have some cloth diapers for a period of time and I did poop in them.  The cleanup was a real pain.  I  usually just put them into the washer when I changed them.   

I wore one, messy for over 36 hours.   That one was stained from the poop.

I did like the feeling of the cloth.  Once wet, it felt wet, which I enjoyed. 

I have messed a cloth diaper a few times, just a longer clean up process. But if I plan on messing my diaper I will normally use a disposable, but there have been times while wearing a cloth diaper it happens without much warning and then O well.

Because you're talking in the present tense I'm going to answer only regarding my current stay in diapers since late 2012.

On 10/26/2021 at 4:40 AM, rusty pins said:

For those who poop their diapers, do you do it only in a disposable throw away or do you also poop in reusable cloth diapers?

I started messing my diapers in early 2013, at which point I was in disposables. In early-to-mid 2014, when I realised I wasn't getting out of diapers anytime soon, I switched to full-time cloth. In early 2016, I switched back because it was getting too complex and labour-intensive to deal with cloth diapers, and I was sick of messy diaper laundry. I still do use cloth diapers for a considerable number of things, but disposables are my backbone and standby.

I mess only in disposable diapers and I really hate the smell and clean up.

I don't have the visceral "OH GOD OH FUCK" aversion that I had the first couple of times I voluntarily filled my diapers; I don't experience distress or paralytic anxiety any more. My state of mind does change into a sort of "highly caffeinated intense concentration" mode, which isn't unpleasant, but is also really tiring; it's the kind of thing where you sort of forget to breathe during. I prefer disposable diapers partly because the diaper is off, bagged, and disposed of within 30 seconds; many of my cloth diapers take 1 min+ to get off, are fiddly to handle, difficult to bag, and can threaten me from within the bag for literally hours, so I never get to calm down or relax.

I have managed the smell by adapting my dietary choices, which has actually been a blessing because the dramatic change helped me get more in touch with my body and how my GI health was affecting it.

What is your process for removal of a dirty cloth diaper, getting rid of whatever waste is left inside and washing them?  Do you have a big diaper pail you put them in for soaking and later washing, or do you immediately rinse out all that you can and toss it in the washing machine to get it over and done with ASAP?  Tell us your process for dealing with your messy cloth adult diapers. 

At this point, I'm in dirty cloth diapers so rarely that I don't have a proper process. Last time I was in one, I was living in a house that had a removable showerhead, so I got in the shower and used the removable showerhead as a makeshift diaper sprayer, then immediately chucked my diapers in the washing machine. I imagine I would do something similar here but I have no incentive to do so at the moment.

• 1 month later...

I use both cloth and disposable. I do not wear every day, but I sometimes go for extended periods in diapers.  I like you was raised with cloth, but I most often choose disposables for simplicity and a sense of being a modern baby. But I do enjoy certain facets of the clothie experience, nostalgia and sensation, so I go that way sometimes.

When I know I’m going to poop (my favorite diaper experience), I almost always choose disposable. When I am in clothies, though,  my rule is “when in diapers, do as the diapered do.” I am AB, and a young child would not care what sort of swaddling he befouled. I need to poop, I poop...

Clean-up is a real chore, which is of course one of the drawbacks of cloth, along with the yuckiness of handling poopy cloth and the difficulty of pinning one on oneself with sufficient tightness. A wet clothie is just a soak in the pail and a wring; many times I run the washer’s rinse cycle before washing. A stinky one goes as follows: Dump out solids in the toilet (if any), rinse off in tub, fill bucket with diaper in it, dump and refill, soak, wash. Time consuming, nasty, and uses a lot of water, but diapers do get clean...

All that water makes the environmental advantage of cloth a bit questionable...

I wear disposable diapers only i don't want wash poop out of cloth diapers i know mommy\girlfriend wouldn't want to ether ant its much easyer if i have to change my own diaper that is why i only wear disposable diapers.

I can only wear cloth due to privacy issues with storing and disposing of disposable diapers. My brother lives in my house and I stay at my mother's house at night. It's easier to wash and hide cloth diapers than to take a chance on throwing away a diaper and having a family member see it in the garbage. I'm tempted to try dispsables as soon as I can figure out a way to store them discreetly and throw the used ones out. For now, I really prefer cloth.

• 2 weeks later...

I play for both teams ,

at home my aide puts me in cloth and rubber bloomers ,

for going out I am put into a Mega max with bloomers .

almost nothing functions “normally”  my doctors and my aide control Most things 

airway

breathing,Bowel & bladder

circulation ,catheters

diapers, drugs , dressing

evacuations & emptying waste 

feeding 

grooming 

hygenine 

incontinence ,injections ( oral rectal subcutaneous ) ballon inflation when I need to go from intermittent to indwelling catheters.

My job is try and stay healthy ,eat, sleep ,be sarcastic ,watch tv ,read , tell jokes and of course fill diapers so my aide has job security and my doctors get paid . I have lots of therapies but no cure , I will continue to lose function until I die at some point because my diseases take no breaks until they kill me , but I have the last laugh ,I killed them by not doing normal human things , so there’s a very little chance of them finding each other in the wild again according to my genetics super nerd team .

• 2 months later...

Both I wear disposable when I got work and at work .When I have days off work cloth all the way 

I like to keep them as special 

• Like 1