LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Almost Wore in Public

kjgreens

I'm relatively new to the serious DL lifestyle - I'd had my trials with Depends on and off since my 20's, but nothing like I'm doing now. On Saturday, I woke up with a nice, wet diaper that I'd worn to bed and wet during middle of the night. I realized, after hoping to spend some of the morning in my wet diaper, that I had to go out and run an errand. I knew I couldn't go in my soaked diaper - it would sag too much - but I seriously considered wearing a diaper to the store I was going to. I chickened out at the last minute, paranoid that someone would hear the crinkling coming from my backside. People have suggested wearing onesies, and I plan to order some, to help with that and sag. I was SO close to doing it. I had the diaper laid out on the bed and everything. I hope I can someday get up the courage to go out in a diaper. ?

• Like 1

Sometimes it helps to hide in plain site. Start by going out to the bakery or a mini mart where you walk in , grab a few things and walk out. That way you can work up to longer intervals as your confidence builds. You can also work on convincing yourself that this is part of you and you need diapers and there is no choice in the matter.  

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, Moochie said:

Wearing diapers in public has been addressed ad nauseum. Short answer: No body notices unless you are patently obvious with extremely bulky diapers under tight pants.

Sorry Moochie. I'm new here, and I didn't know that this topic was addressed. Just sharing my experience and asking for advice, is all. Didn't mean to bother anyone.

• Like 2

i used to be a lot like you back some 20 years ago.. They are right.. no one seems to notice unless you are making obvious. wear looser fitting pants and don't make your diapers super thick.. people are just to self-absorbed to notice you.. I now wear 24/7 and im very comfortable in doing so.. Lots of luck and in time you will be more comfortable.. hugs and stuff from an baby..lol

:baby-waving-bye-bye-smiley-emoticon:

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Moochie said:

Wearing diapers in public has been addressed ad nauseum. Short answer: No body notices unless you are patently obvious with extremely bulky diapers under tight pants.

6 hours ago, kjgreens said:

Sorry Moochie. I'm new here, and I didn't know that this topic was addressed. Just sharing my experience and asking for advice, is all. Didn't mean to bother anyone.

Group search it "wearing diapers in public"

Meh.....it's really no big deal, I wear out and about quite a bit.....no biggie!! I have even worn a northshore mega max under some baggy shorts....and under my jeans, a bulky cloth diaper also....and I usually just wear a better dry, or if I want to be more descreet, a Seni super plus ( very thin and quiet and descreet!! ????

So, yeah, it can be nerve wracking the first time or 3, but... Realistically thinking....whats going to happen??? Someone come up to you and ask what kind of diaper you are wearing..??? 

...I think not...most people wont notice and even fewer will care...

So go for it!!!! ??

• Like 1
10 hours ago, kjgreens said:

Oh no, I am sorry, I did not intend my reply to be critical. Welcome, and enjoy.

@kjgreens it is really nothing.  When your out and about no one can here the crinkle.  As there is to much other noise in the area.

the best place I’ve worn a diaper to is the movies.  My bladder would fill up and I hate going to the bathroom while in the theater.  If I’m in a diaper then I hit the diaper up for a nice wetting. While I’m still watching my movie.

Now a days I don’t leave the house without a diaper as I’m losing control over #2.

• Like 1

For the longest time I was petrified to wear a diaper in public. Then one day I just went for it and have been wearing ever since. No one notices--not even my mother when we are shopping. And believe me, diapers come in handy while I'm waiting for her. I wear cloth with waterproof pants and they are very discreet and work quite well.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, BabyJune said:

For the longest time I was petrified to wear a diaper in public. Then one day I just went for it and have been wearing ever since. No one notices--not even my mother when we are shopping. And believe me, diapers come in handy while I'm waiting for her. I wear cloth with waterproof pants and they are very discreet and work quite well.

@BabyJune you only wear for fun right?  Or do you have to wear for Incon?  I keep forgetting.

Wearing in public for the first time is a big step, @kjgreens. I know you'll be fine, when you're ready. It took me a long time to get comfortable with it. I started out taking the dog for a walk around the neighbourhood with a diaper on, late in the evening. I was sure that everyone driving by could tell that something was up. Gradually, I got to the point where I would do it during the day, briefly, and then, one day, I was in a diaper, working from home, and I needed to run to a pharmacy for my wife, with a tight window, so I just tugged some jeans on over my diaper, and out I went. 

From there I had a bunch of firsts - grocery shopping, out for drinks with buddies, first full day in a diaper... When I went 24/7, the firsts came fast and furious; business travel, air travel, international travel, going to medical appointments, buying a car, buying a house, moving houses, and on and on. It took a lot of time to get completely comfortable as my diapered self, and I would say that I'm still working on it, but I have committed to doing everything I do in the underwear of my choice. 

• Like 1

KJGREENS,

Wearing in public is all about trusting the diaper you're wearing.

I prefer wearing a thinner diaper out in public, simply because they are much more comfortable when you're out and about.

A Thin diaper with a stuffer is a perfect combo.

A Onsie can also help hide your diaper when you bend over, etc.

• Like 1

The diapers I wear are bulky and there is no dought im wearing a diaper.NEVER EVER in all the years I have been wearing diapers like this have i ever had ANYONE say something to me(except a few kids when I WAS YOUNGER).And very few have even looked at me.I have been wearing diapers more on then off for 55 years.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

@BabyJune you only wear for fun right?  Or do you have to wear for Incon?  I keep forgetting.

For "fun" but it ends up being convenient--especially since Mom takes her sweet time shopping.

I'll just confirm what everyone else has posted here and that is to wear something over the diaper that isn't tight. Also, you ladies do have an edge on us guys. You can wear a dress or skirt over your diaper. As long as it's not too short you can hide a diaper easily. I understand you being nervous though as most of us were wearing out in public for the first time. One of my tricks is to wear a long shirt so it covers my backside. I've bought a few from a big and tall men's section at a dep't store.

• Like 1
On 9/20/2021 at 6:41 PM, kjgreens said:

Your no bother to anyone! Hey its ok..... you just got to start off small ljke taking walks around the neighborhood..... but in all honesty i dont think anyone will hear the crinkling unless your in a super silent room/ place for whatever reason...... but you will get there..... i honestly enjoy wearing in public because its like my own personal secret and i dont need to store for bathroom breaks ?. And nobody knows except you and your spouse/significant other. 

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, Young1 said:

Your no bother to anyone! Hey its ok..... you just got to start off small ljke taking walks around the neighborhood..... but in all honesty i dont think anyone will hear the crinkling unless your in a super silent room/ place for whatever reason...... but you will get there..... i honestly enjoy wearing in public because its like my own personal secret and i dont need to store for bathroom breaks ?. And nobody knows except you and your spouse/significant other. 

Always good to hear from you Young1!?

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Unless your walking around Chicago in tykables clothing, to show off your diaper brand no one will say a word. I have been wearing for 20+ years still never had any one say anything. as many time i have been in and out of that city i still never remember to go to tykables store. I guess i use northshorecare to much lol