LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

WARNING!!

As I was browsing here just a little while ago I got a pop up message claiming to be microsoft claiming I had been infected with a virus.. Suspicious I looked it up on my phone (the number they were trying to get me to call) and on Microsofts website they specifically tell you that they will NEVER ask you to call them and that these pop ups are scams. This came up as I was leaving DD. DO NOT CALL THAT NUMBER. It was clever.. It had prevented me from closing the window (But I closed it via task manager) and lo.. nothing happened. I am not sure if that means DD has been compromised or what, but that just happened minutes ago.

Edit: They were claiming to be "Microsoft Defender" Though it is on my PC, I actually use Avast so I should have had an Avast pop up, not Windows Defender.

Edited by Nyte Kitsune
Extra Details
  • Thanks 1

Just ran a scan on my PC, No Browser or Malware Threats. A few minor things unrelated, resolved, so clean on my end.  Glad I thought to check that on my phone though.. Calling that number likely would have opened up my computer to attack.. Luckily I NEVER trust those automated voices.

• Like 2

Yes, it's very common for ad providers to get hacked or unwittingly host a malicious ad.  If you dig into the HTML source for any site that uses ads, you'll see that they are dynamically generated from 3rd party servers.  It's rarer that the site displaying the ads was itself affected.

In the case of the one having you call the #... it could have either been a reverse charge scam that billed you some ghastly amount just making the call, or a fake tech support scam where they want you to go to a particular site so they can remote control your computer and slip malware in that way under the guise of "fixing it" (mostly so they can get username/password combos to your sites - anything where they can steal money from you). 

1 hour ago, spoonchicken said:

Lucky, my ass...you demonstrated modern-day wisdom *sigh*

If you don't trust / recognize the number, DON'T answer the phone !

Agreed. 

• Like 1

Happened to me a few days ago when I tried to log on here.  I usually go to the forum page and log on there but when I did the other day I got a pop up of a Trojan virus with the same message to call "Microsoft", which I didn't.  I was able to clear the page but trying to log in again it did the same thing the next day.  Now I go to the home page and log in that way.  No other computer issues other than at this site logging in on the forum page.  In looking on line about Trojan viruses there are many and it seems this is the one that get's activated when people call the phone number posted.

Apparently they can figure out that I run a mac and don't use any Microsoft software, because they don't send me any of that stuff.

Several years ago my late wife took a call from someone who claimed that our Microsoft computer had problems. She told him we were on dialup and that he had to hang up so she could call that number. She totally lost the guy....

1 hour ago, 2sail2 said:

I just got it myself trying to login.  Quickly closed the browser.  

Ive tried logging in and out from different areas several times. Whatever it is, its not universal. Maybe connected to browser? I use firefox.

Overwriting all core files now with fresh/clean copies.

On 8/27/2021 at 4:51 PM, spoonchicken said:

Lucky, my ass...you demonstrated modern-day wisdom *sigh*

If you don't trust / recognize the number, DON'T answer the phone !

That's how I am too. I believe that if the person is important enough, they'll leave me a message. If not, then I don't need to talk to you.

• Like 3

thats why we use apple. knock on wood, but i have yet to catch a virus with apple products. Its just software i guess.

on a side note i used to go out and try and grab these scam viruses or trojans. used a junker just to play with them!