LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I hate you diaper rash! I hate you I hate you I hate you!

People who are considering 247 always be worried about making crinkle noises, or having to carry a diaper bag around, or going to the gym. 

But you know what they should consider?? That there will be times when your bum and inner thighs burn then itch like crazy and there is NOTHING you can do about it til your skin heals.    You can’t just air out. And you can’t put your hand down there to scratch it.  Just supportive treatment and time. 

I use barrier cream a lot but I’m thinking of kicking it up a notch and use some every change.  And I should invest in Balmoseptine and Butt Paste. 

Grr  

• Like 2

On top of using barrier cream with zinc in it, I keep a stash of super thin medical disposables for rashes so that I change more frequently. Reducing the time the skin is against wet padding helps the skin heal; I'll change more frequently, like after a wetting or two, while using cheaper medical diapers.

• Like 1

@Enthusi

Unfortunately diaper rash is a factor  in wearing diapers. It does not matter whether you’re two years old or 65 or anything in Between. Diaper rash happens when you have to be prepared for it.  This is why they always tell you to make sure that you’re changing diapers often and making sure that you’re protecting your skin.  Are use a diaper rash cream that is 40% zinc oxide. I carry with me in my go bag and have some on my nightstand in the event that I need it it is available. You should always have some available for yourself at home and away will not be sorry.

in reality you should use that every time you change and as you stated you should always take time to air out. This means you take your diaper off and you leave yourself open that way your skin has a chance to heal heal and constantly being wet and irritated otherwise you will have worse problems and I guarantee you if you do not take those precautions.  When I first started wearing diapers in 2019 I made sure that I had powder and rash  cream available to myself.  You should use it every change. But you have to be careful that you do not get it in your eyes or in any area where it does not belong.

I have Cerebral Palsy as many of you know.  Because I sit in a wheelchair, there are times that I suffer from heat rash and skin breakdown although skin breakdown is very rare for me. Now that I wear diapers I have to be more careful and more vigilant to make sure that I am taking care of my skin.  @Evelyn Dellcerro Can also attest to the fact that you must take care of your skin otherwise you will be in pain do you know what it’s like to have rug burn on your legs are on your hands? A diaper rash but in places were you wear a diaper. Taking care of your skin is the number one thing that you have to do. Make sure you have some cream available, and make sure you use it every change or you will be in agony!

I also use another tactic. If I take a diaper off and I think I am going to make a mess or I want to protect my skin against any further problem after it is treated, pad and stick it underneath me and protect myself. That way the skin is protected it does not contact something that can irritate it and it can heal this way. As I stated before, there are times when you can take your diaper off and probably should let your skin air out. Be careful when you have diaper rash because anything that is touching your skin will make your skin very very sensitive.

Brian

• Like 2

I agree with @~Brian~ - the best way to deal with diaper rash is to prevent it. I haven't had more than a "mild sunburn"-level diaper rash in like 18 months, and I wear diapers every day, everywhere. The key for me is using good quality diapers, showering at least once a day, using diaper cream religiously, and, paying attention to how long I've been in a diaper. It's not about how wet the diaper is, really, it's about the timeline from the first wetting. Good diapers contain ingredients that suppress the biological processes that turn relatively harmless urine into corrosive ammonia that throws off your skin's PH and eventually causes essentially chemical burns to very sensitive areas. However, even the best diapers lose the battle eventually. I find that if I've been in one for more than about 10 hours, I'm in the danger zone, and if it's been 14 hours (rare, although on hot days, I sometimes don't wet much), I will almost invariably feel a slight irritation starting. At that point, I drop whatever I'm doing, toss my diaper, take a shower or use wipes, and then apply cream generously and put on another diaper. 

I have been driven almost to the point of giving up on diapers by diaper rash in the past, but no more. These days, I never let it get to that point. 

A couple of further thoughts: I rarely (pretty much never) go #2 in my pants, but if you do, the presence of that microbial load supercharges the transformation of urine into irritating compounds, so you should get cleaned up ASAP, for the sake of your skin. Also, any diaper rash that has been around more than a couple of days, or that looks raw, stings badly, and/or seems moist, is likely a fungal infection. Bacteria is a distant second possibility, but it's dark, damp, and warm in your diaper - your first suspect should always be fungus. I was plagued by recurrent rashes for a good stretch, and using antibiotic creams did nothing. It got to the point of going to see my doctor about it, and he prescribed an antifungal ointment that worked really well. Subsequent to that, when it happened again, I just bought some off-the-shelf antifungal cream (athlete's foot cream or yeast infection cream works), and applied it religiously, following the timeline to the letter and beyond - if it says use it for two weeks, use it for 2.5 weeks, even if the rash is gone on day 3. Since I did that, I haven't had a bad diaper rash. Mild rashes typically respond to diaper cream and go away in 24 hours if you bump your change schedule to every 6 hours or so. 

Good luck, @Enthusi. We are all pulling for you. Stay damp, but not too damp!

• Thanks 1

Both Brian and Little Sherri are right.  It's one thing to wear diapers now and then for fun and different if you are incontinent and have to wear 24/7/365.  If in that latter situation you just blow it off and not ALWAYS use a lotion or barrier cream at each change as well as not showering or really cleaning your diaper area well, you will get a rash and probably deserve one to teach you better hygiene.  It's one thing if you do everything you can to prevent it and it still happens, it's different if you neglect cleaning and proper care to protect your skin.  I'm sure people will learn fast enough once they have a few bad burning rashes that take a while to heal.

• Like 1
On 8/26/2021 at 11:32 PM, Enthusi said:

People who are considering 247 always be worried about making crinkle noises, or having to carry a diaper bag around, or going to the gym. 

But you know what they should consider?? That there will be times when your bum and inner thighs burn then itch like crazy and there is NOTHING you can do about it til your skin heals.    You can’t just air out. And you can’t put your hand down there to scratch it.  Just supportive treatment and time. 

I use barrier cream a lot but I’m thinking of kicking it up a notch and use some every change.  And I should invest in Balmoseptine and Butt Paste. 

Grr  

@Enthusi I am with you on this!  I am sporting one as well right now!

Though it is my own faught so like @rusty pins said I have to pay the price!

• Like 1
On 8/27/2021 at 11:37 PM, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

Though it is my own faught so like @rusty pins said I have to pay the price!

@DiaperboyEddie12

Believe me, I feel your pain.  Make sure that you have good coverage and good tools.  I use Zinc Oxide 40% when I have an issue, and as Eve and @Transfusionelle would say, like having a GOOD diaper, you have to have GOOD barriers against your skin at every change - Or you will feel like someone put a HOT pepper all over your nether regions:  It may take a while to get rid of this, but it will subside if given time :)

Good Luck!

Brian