LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I need 29.99 for a new best friend!

DailyDi

47 minutes ago, beallucanb said:

Every 20 years or so, they seem to revive some fad or toy,  in hopes they can sell another  couple a million of them.

Does this mean that they might bring back the pet rock!!!??? 

I always wanted on if those!!!! ??

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, square_duck said:

Yeah, those were hilarious!?? It even came with an manual! LOL!?

35 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

Cabbage Patch Kids have never left, they just don't get the attention they used too.

For some reason I thought of the candy.??????

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

Yeah, those were hilarious!?? It even came with an manual! LOL!?

For some reason I thought of the candy.??????

Not Sour Patch Kids lol

• Haha 1

I remember in the heat of the Cabbage Patch craze getting up at 4am and standing in a line with about 100 people when a local store advertised they were getting Cabbage Patch kids.  I'm guessing this was around 1983 and since I worked the second shift at the time, I was asked by a family friend if I would do so in order to get one for their 4 year old daughter who wanted one more than anything for Christmas.  Yeah, I stood in line for 3 hours in the cold and was maybe around the 45th person.  When the doors were opened I was almost trampled in the stampede!  I grabbed one and I'm glad I did.  Within less than 5 minutes all 100 available dolls were gone.  Who would have thought that just coming up with the idea of a birth certificate for a doll would cause such a craze!  I also remember at the time talking with the owner of a toy store who said the manufacturer would ship them in plain boxes or in boxes marked as a different product because people were hijacking trucks of Cabbage Patch dolls at the time.  Insane!

2 hours ago, rusty pins said:

I also remember at the time talking with the owner of a toy store who said the manufacturer would ship them in plain boxes or in boxes marked as a different product because people were hijacking trucks of Cabbage Patch dolls at the time.  Insane!

This is true! There's actually a market for the "blind box" dolls that were sold by QVC and shipped in plain boxes with the doll in a bag inside instead of the bright yellow box.

19 minutes ago, Little Lindsey said:

Supposing someone wanted to partake in a random act of kindness (sometime after payday...), would there be a way to gift this to you? Or send a gift card via e-mail for wherever this doll is available?

Gift card would probably be easiest. He's at Target (online not in store) Thanks for thinking of me! He's the first adorable boy they've made in a few years. My collection is girl heavy.

28 minutes ago, Little Lindsey said:

Fingers crossed he stays in stock til next week! 

I just splurged on a new friend myself. I wanted an American Girl doll when I was a kid but my mom always said they were too expensive. Well, now AG has, among other sports, Team USA soccer uniforms (I love the USWNT) so I used that as an excuse to finally get my doll. I even created her to look like my favorite player. 

Very cool! Cappage Patch were THE toy of my youth, and I had one as a boy - be it after a six-month wait for my parents to find one in stock lol.

22 hours ago, square_duck said:

Sure how much do you want to pay for a pet rock?

The quarry down the just down the road from my house, can furnish you any size pet rock you would desire, mind you some of the really large pet rocks are expensive to ship because they are very heavy.   LOL

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, DailyDi said:

This is true! There's actually a market for the "blind box" dolls that were sold by QVC and shipped in plain boxes with the doll in a bag inside instead of the bright yellow box.

Believe it or not, I actually came across one brand new in one of those blind boxes a few months ago when I was cleaning out a storage closet in the house.  I don't think back in 1983 it came from QVC though.  I don't think QVC existed back then but I may be wrong.  We actually got it from the above mentioned toy store (I knew the owner well because I went to school with her daughter all my life).  She had put one aside for us when she got a few, but I was able to get the one at the other store first by waiting in line for 3 hours.  At that time we weren't sure the toy store owner would be able to get one, so after I bought the one at the other store just in case, we weren't going to tell her we already had one after all she did to put one aside for us.  I thought it might be worth some money, original Cabbage Patch doll from 1983 never used but I figured it's just like Beanie Babies.  Not worth much anymore.

On 8/13/2021 at 6:56 AM, rusty pins said:

Believe it or not, I actually came across one brand new in one of those blind boxes a few months ago when I was cleaning out a storage closet in the house.  I don't think back in 1983 it came from QVC though.  I don't think QVC existed back then but I may be wrong.  We actually got it from the above mentioned toy store (I knew the owner well because I went to school with her daughter all my life).  She had put one aside for us when she got a few, but I was able to get the one at the other store first by waiting in line for 3 hours.  At that time we weren't sure the toy store owner would be able to get one, so after I bought the one at the other store just in case, we weren't going to tell her we already had one after all she did to put one aside for us.  I thought it might be worth some money, original Cabbage Patch doll from 1983 never used but I figured it's just like Beanie Babies.  Not worth much anymore.

Cabbies don't go for a lot these days, but sometimes its about finding the right home where a doll will be loved, rather than stuck in an icky box :)

On 8/12/2021 at 8:41 PM, DailyDi said:

Very cool! Cappage Patch were THE toy of my youth, and I had one as a boy - be it after a six-month wait for my parents to find one in stock lol.

The toys in my youth (1940s) were a prewar Yo-yo and a Top made from an Indian coin with a broken knitting needle forced through the hole in the center of it, Oh, and a Fort made out of match boxes glued together.

On 8/12/2021 at 2:26 PM, DailyDi said:

Gift card would probably be easiest. He's at Target (online not in store) Thanks for thinking of me! He's the first adorable boy they've made in a few years. My collection is girl heavy.

Payday arrived, check deposited. All I need now is your email. ?

Nothing beats a 36" "companion" doll. You can share Alice bands and tiaras

large.gallery_27920_491_13820.jpg.e8160a

Dolls expect to be treated in a certain way that "Boy"'s are just not capable of understanding that is almost built into every little girl from the time she is 4. Compare that picture to one of me

large.1061255447_pinkandpink.jpg.fe6a650