LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Time for a crib?

My mom says I need to get a bed with side rails. The reason is she's been finding me sitting up in bed sound asleep and is afraid I'll fall out of bed and bash my head. This has been happening for a while.... I think it's a side-effect of the medications I take to be able to sleep at all.

I think rails are a bit much since I'm not actually getting out of bed, just sitting up Buddha style. But it does spark a bit of interest from little-me to have the equivalent of a toddler bed.

9 minutes ago, Rachael-Little said:

If you can get one I think a crib is a must for any little, but for most it’s just not practical 

Not to sure how practical it would be for me either. Small room and I wouldn't want to go back to a twin bed. Plus there's the money...

@DailyDi

I also don’t know if having a crib in your room would be practical because you said you have a small space. You could have someone install safety rails on your bed so that you do not fall out of bed in either direction my roommate has one in his bedroom where he has an open side to the right, and a rail side to the left. The red side on the left has all of his electronics, So he will not roll off that side of the bed. I am not sure if you would benefit from such a set up. You might if you do not roll off the opposite side of the bed or if you were able to have the rail next to you if you feel like you are going to fall. If you are sleeping this may be an issue because you may not realize that you have rolled off the bed until you hit the floor. I have been lucky that I do not need a rail on either side of my bed.

I would probably want to go with safety rails on your bed first before I would invest in a crib since the cost to construct such an enclosure probably would be cost prohibitive and I would also like to point out that if you wish to get safety rails and you have medical insurance such as Medicaid Medicare or some other type of insurance that this type of durable medical equipment may be covered by your insurance if you have a prescription from your doctor with medical necessity proven.

all of the adult cribs that I have seen are very large and have to be in order for an adult to fit in them and as Mikey has stated he has limited space so this may be a way for him to remain safe in bed without having to expand a lot of money and also this will be covered by medical insurance if done right. Good luck sir!

Brian

• Like 1

Hmmm, if your bed isn’t all that high off the floor, I don’t think you would need to worry to much. But a rail might not be a bad thing, if it does worry you falling. 
Or, maybe you need something like this, Adult version of course. 

4A863F44-C60A-450E-AA12-2037EAC4DBDC.jpeg

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, ~Brian~ said:

@DailyDi

I also don’t know if having a crib in your room would be practical because you said you have a small space. You could have someone install safety rails on your bed so that you do not fall out of bed in either direction my roommate has one in his bedroom where he has an open side to the right, and a rail side to the left. The red side on the left has all of his electronics, So he will not roll off that side of the bed. I am not sure if you would benefit from such a set up. You might if you do not roll off the opposite side of the bed or if you were able to have the rail next to you if you feel like you are going to fall. If you are sleeping this may be an issue because you may not realize that you have rolled off the bed until you hit the floor. I have been lucky that I do not need a rail on either side of my bed.

I would probably want to go with safety rails on your bed first before I would invest in a crib since the cost to construct such an enclosure probably would be cost prohibitive and I would also like to point out that if you wish to get safety rails and you have medical insurance such as Medicaid Medicare or some other type of insurance that this type of durable medical equipment may be covered by your insurance if you have a prescription from your doctor with medical necessity proven.

all of the adult cribs that I have seen are very large and have to be in order for an adult to fit in them and as Mikey has stated he has limited space so this may be a way for him to remain safe in bed without having to expand a lot of money and also this will be covered by medical insurance if done right. Good luck sir!

Brian

Mo medicade. I haven't filed for disability yet as I don't have enough paperwork to back up a claim yet.

• Like 1

Get a thick pile bedside rug with a foam rubber underlay, on to which you could tumble out of bed.

1 hour ago, Wet Knight said:

Get a thick pile bedside rug with a foam rubber underlay, on to which you could tumble out of bed.

Good idea.  The thing is, if you want a crib to sleep in all the time as part of your AB desires, go for it, but if that's not what you want, find another way to stay safe and keep from falling out of bed.  Maybe just a wooden 1 X 6 horizontal rail like AbabeBill said, something with a screw hook on each end that fits into a round eye bolt screw attached to your bed on the ends.  Climb up in bed and the slip the rail hooks in the eye bolts and that should help, or at least wake you up if you bump into the rail.  Providing you have something at the head and foot of your bed you can screw or attach eye bolts to.

@DailyDi If money is the problem here.  Even for rails.  Then create another button.  So we the members can help you.  I know there are a few of us that would help you out.  I know in our PM discussion you do not want to bother any of us.  But for me the bother to help another person out is not a bother.  It is a matter of love and respect for another human being!  I am one who truly likes and loves to help others out.

• Like 3
18 hours ago, AbabeBill said:

Hmmm, if your bed isn’t all that high off the floor, I don’t think you would need to worry to much. But a rail might not be a bad thing, if it does worry you falling. 
Or, maybe you need something like this, Adult version of course. 

4A863F44-C60A-450E-AA12-2037EAC4DBDC.jpeg

An adult version may not be an ideal for a little experience but it should be considered.   They would not be very expensive.  No storage space is needed.   And with the bed made, it would only be detectable is some one stript the covers back.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Wet Knight said:

Honestly as tight as my room in I'm more likely to bang my head into the corner of my dresser then to actually make it to the floor lol

12 hours ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

@DailyDi If money is the problem here.  Even for rails.  Then create another button.  So we the members can help you.  I know there are a few of us that would help you out.  I know in our PM discussion you do not want to bother any of us.  But for me the bother to help another person out is not a bother.  It is a matter of love and respect for another human being!  I am one who truly likes and loves to help others out.

You are too cool! (and others who have helped me) I'll look at some options and decide if I really need it; so far I've only been sitting up, haven't actually fallen, though there were a couple of half-asleep near-misses when I felt myself falling and woke up enough to catch myself.

• Thanks 1