LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Gassed!

Dan is a Lieutenant of a squad of soldiers who don't have a good reputation for competence. Shunned and rarely given any jobs of importance they finally receive an unusual assignment. No one seems to know where they are going or why but as their truck rumbles down the road they soon find an assignment they could've never expected.

---

This story has been available on my Patreon page for the last week and with a $5 a month pledge you can see all my updates a week before anyone else. I post a 2,000+ word update every four or five days. For $10 a month you can get early access plus access to THIRTY-TWO stories that only my patrons get to see.

If you are interested please consider giving my Patreon page a look :)

https://www.patreon.com/Elfy88

Right now you can subscribe to my Patreon for a full year and get a 16% discount!

That means you can save money AND not have to worry about payments getting declined or anything that might otherwise hinder your enjoyment of my stories. You'll be able to sit back, relax and read. With the discount it means you're even getting over a full month free.

If you plan to stick around for a while it is definitely something to consider!

---

Gassed!

By Elfy

The truck rumbled down the dirt road at a tortuously slow pace. Despite the army being well funded it always seemed like this unit got the worst of everything and this truck was no exception. There was a good reason for that, this platoon was one of the worst performing units in the entire American army.

“Jesus Christ.” Dan exclaimed as the vehicle rolled over a pothole causing everyone in the back to bounce on their seats.

Dan was packed into the truck along with most of his platoon. He had been in the army for a few years and had become a lieutenant mostly thanks to being able to stay level headed despite any situation. He had never been deployed but he was fine with that, he just did as he was told and did the best with what he had.

The platoon had been given the derogatory, if uninspired, nickname “Long’s Losers” by other units. Long was Dan’s last name and the losers part referred to them being the bottom of the class in most departments. It always seemed liked Dan’s platoon was assigned the people no one else wanted. No one in the hierarchy seemed to trust the platoon enough to give them any kind of serious assignments or deployments.

“Is this really the best the army can get?” Sergeant Davies asked rhetorically. He was massaging the back of his head after it had smacked into a metal strut behind him.

“Sure it is.” Private Jones answered from the back, “It’s cutting edge technology… for 1985.”

There was an outpouring of laughter from the rest platoon and even Dan had to suppress a smile. He was right next to the opening at the back and he looked out at the rainy day beyond. When he had been told that he would be doing some indoor work he had been happy to accept, it was much preferable to field exercises at this time of year. He had practically swelled with pride when he had read the orders and saw that this was all extremely top secret. It felt like the much maligned platoon might actually be able to contribute to the military. He hoped that he was finally going to be able to do something to be proud of.

They had been driving for half an hour. They had left their usual camp and after a little while on the road they turned on to the road they were now on. It was long and windy, it was tough going in the mud and the truck slid along the dirt road with the driver at times seemingly having little control. The soldiers were all holding on as best they could manage.

Dan didn’t recognise this place. It seemed like they were going deep into the countryside and the woods around them thickened until it was impossible to see anything but the trees. It was confusing considering he had expected an indoor assignment.

“Hey, Lieutenant… Where are we going anyway?” A Private somewhere amongst the mass of bodies asked.

“If I told you I’d have to kill you.” Dan replied causing more chuckles among the troops, “Seriously though I don’t know. I was just told it was a government bunker.”

“Sounds sinister.” Came a voice from near the cab of the truck.

Dan turned to look back out at the miserable day. He silently agreed that it did indeed sound sinister especially since their platoon were never usually trusted with loaded weapons yet alone big secrets. The truck finally began to slow down in a heavily wooded area and Dan assumed they must be approaching their final stop.

The truck came to a halt and marching footsteps either side of the truck let Dan know there were others around. It seemed like they had arrived at the compound. Two military policeman appeared at the rear of the truck. One turned on a very bright flashlight and started to scan the people inside, Dan had no idea what they were looking for. The second policeman was writing down notes on a clipboard. They both looked very stern and not at all happy to see “Long’s Losers.”

“Lieutenant Long?” The MP with the flashlight called out as he turned off the light.

“That’s me.” Dan said as he hopped over the small backboard and on to the muddy ground.

Dan’s impact with the ground caused a splash of mud which hit the stern policeman on the boots and pants. He looked down and then back up to Dan and the Lieutenant had a feeling that this guy could break him in half in seconds.

“Erm, sorry I di-” Dan started to stumble over an apology.

“Do you know why you’re here?” The now slightly muddy man’s naturally loud voice cut off the stuttering Lieutenant.

“No, we weren’t to-” Dan started answering before he was cut off again.

“Everyone out of the truck!” The guard yelled as he stepped back.

Dan felt a little taken aback. He wasn’t used to taking orders from the military police and he knew he was looking weak in front of the men but he didn’t have the confidence to stand up to the much bigger guys. The men climbed out of the truck and formed up in a line. The guards were shouting orders as if they were Sergeant-Majors on a parade ground, Dan stood next to them rather impotently.

The MPs went from soldier to soldier asking them all the same questions. Name? Age? Height? Weight? This was all information Dan would’ve assumed they could get quite easily from their records and he was unsure why they were asking each person. After the answers they ticked names off, from Dan’s position he could see that some were being crossed out. In fact by the time the last soldier had answered the questions it seemed like three-quarters of the names had been crossed out. Even Dan had to answer the questions.

The MPs conferred for a couple of minutes leaving all the soldiers standing in silence. As they talked Dan looked around at the compound they had arrived at. A double chain link fence with barbed wire at the top surrounded the perimeter as far as Dan could see. There were guard platforms raised slightly from the ground with armed troopers watching. In the centre of the small compound was a large rectangular building, quite unspectacular it was only two stories high and looked completely unremarkable. If it wasn’t for all the security no one would’ve given this building a second look.

“Long, Jones, Davies, Chamberlain and Longworth. Front and centre.” The MP holding the clipboard suddenly barked out.

Dan joined the other men who were called in standing to attention in front of the military policemen. Dan wondered what on Earth was happening and why the five of them had been separated from everyone else. Answers weren’t forthcoming though as the MPs walked around the men who had been called forwards and started addressing the rest of the troop.

“Those of you whose names haven’t been called you are being reassigned to different units.” The MP with the clipboard stated very casually, “Get back into the truck. You will receive orders soon.”

There were shocked gasps and Dan frowned immediately. He turned his head briefly but when the second military policeman started to turn his way he quickly faced forwards again. He couldn’t believe his unit was being broken up so suddenly. Was he being demoted? He couldn’t be a lieutenant if he didn’t have a group to lead!

Dan stood as still and silently as he could whilst the soldiers were loaded back on the truck. He could hear a lot of grumbling from soldiers who didn’t want to be separated from their friends. Dan knew their unit didn’t have a reputation for being of great quality but this seemed a little extreme.

As the truck rumbled back out of the gate Dan could see the soldiers he used to command looking sullen and disappointed. The five people who had been called forward were still given no instructions. The MPs didn’t walk back in front of them and none of the men dared turn around to see what was happening. After a short while the sounds of a door opening and closing filled the quiet air, it seemed like even the nearby animals didn’t dare make a noise.

Dan was surprised when instead of the MPs from before a woman walked around to stand in front of the men. She was a little shorter than Dan and had light brown hair that was tied back tightly into a bun. She was wearing half-rimmed glasses and a pristine white coat. She had a nametag though Dan couldn’t make out her name, he did however see the department she was attached to. The words “Department of Defence” made him swallow anxiously, he had never been high enough in the chain of command to speak to anyone outside the military. Whatever was happening here it seemed like it was big.

“My name is Dr. Porter. You have been selected to take part in a top secret military program that could very well influence any future conflicts we are involved in.” Dr. Porter looked and sounded very confident. The way her thin lips smiled seemed almost cocky, she seemed to love her job.

Dan heard more activity behind him. It seemed the goal of all of this was to test a new weapon, Dan wondered why they needed anyone outside their own shadowy organisation to do this. He didn’t know a lot about research and testing but he was sure you didn’t normally bring in five soldiers to do it.

“Needless to say everything you see and experience from stepping through that gate until you leave is of the highest secrecy. Failure to observe this secrecy will be dealt with in the harshest possible terms.” Dr. Porter looked at Dan and the other soldiers very pointedly, “I trust you understand what I mean.”

“Yes, Ma’am.” Dan replied along with the other soldier.

“Follow me.” Dr. Porter’s face remained implacable as she turned walked past the soldiers who quickly started to follow her.

Dan looked around as he entered the non-descript building. There were more people in whitecoats standing around the sides of the room watching as the soldiers came in. At the back of the large room there was a sliding metal door. As the group approached the door a couple of the well-armed guards pulled open the entranceway revealing an elevator behind it.

The soldiers stepped into the elevator along with Dr. Porter and the door was slid closed again. Dan looked around and saw faces that matched how he felt inside, nerves seemed to be frayed as the elevator started heading down.

“May I ask a question, ma’am?” Sergeant Davies asked from the back of the elevator.

“No.” Dr. Porter replied without hesitation.

The soldiers started to chuckle thinking she might be joking but after a second the laughter died out when they saw that Dr. Porter wasn’t being funny. The elevator travelled slowly but soon they were quite some distance under the ground. Dan looked up and wondered how deep they were going to be.

“You will be down here for the duration of the experiment.” Dr. Porter said so suddenly that a couple of the soldiers jumped, “You will follow the rules. You are to follow instructions. There will be no contact with the outside world. You will be here until the experiments are concluded.”

Dan was reeling from how intense this was. He didn’t want to admit it to anyone but he wished he had been sent back out of the facility in the truck, they were the lucky ones. He didn’t like the word “experiment” that had started to be used after they became effectively trapped. They were essentially off the grid now and Dan had no idea what was being planned for them.

The elevator finally stopped with a shudder and a grinding noise that seemed to echo off the walls. There was a few seconds of silence before the heavy metal doors were pulled open. Dr. Porter led the male soldiers out into the hallway and Dan felt his mouth drop open.

“Welcome to Facility 17.” Dr. Porter said as she walked along in her high heels.

• Like 1

Well that's a very different beginning. Interested to read more.

For the record, I'm pretty sure that, in Canada at least, "lieutenant" isn't really something you work up to. It seems that way because most rank lists put all officer ranks above NCM, but its a different stream- you can apply to be an NCM, in which case you never see it, or if you have a degree you apply to be an officer, in which case its one of the first ranks. I might be wrong, I knew a guy who was that at 23 or something and it was basically just that he had passed college (or west point, in the US) and his training. "Major" might be more what you are going for.

• Like 1

Having been in the military myself, I doubt a couple of MPs could have inspired as much awe from a Lieutenant, unless they had a captain among them, in charge, or someone of higher status.  MPs are really just another unit of the military, and they are not special except when they carry out specific parts of their mission, which basically makes them like police to civilians.

I would suggest, next time you write the MP in this manner, if you mean to intimidate the lieutenant, and Sergeant Major isn't going to do it.  You need an officer higher in status than a lieutenant.

Sergeant major is like an E-7?  Lieutenant is an 0-1 or 0-2.  The Sergeant major will have more years and experience in, but the Lieutenant's status is higher.  The Lieutenant could bark orders from the MPs and ask what the hell is going on... so just a note for future references to the military for you.

The story looks like it's headed to something like the Amazon route... where the MPs and that woman might be care takers for some little boys playing army very soon, if your posting on this site means anything!

I like the idea!

19 hours ago, ABAlex said:

Well that's a very different beginning. Interested to read more.

For the record, I'm pretty sure that, in Canada at least, "lieutenant" isn't really something you work up to. It seems that way because most rank lists put all officer ranks above NCM, but its a different stream- you can apply to be an NCM, in which case you never see it, or if you have a degree you apply to be an officer, in which case its one of the first ranks. I might be wrong, I knew a guy who was that at 23 or something and it was basically just that he had passed college (or west point, in the US) and his training. "Major" might be more what you are going for.

Yes, and no.

Lieutenant is the first rank of an officer, but it has higher status than Enlisted ranks, at least in the United States.  Some people can work up to Lieutenant by an Enlisted working specifically to become an officer.  It is possible, thought not as easy as joining commissioned to begin with.

The Sergeant Major would not have talked to the Lieutenant the way he did in the story, in real life, unless the Lieutenant broke military code or the law, which he then would no longer be a Lieutenant if already found guilty of that.

That's why I gave some suggestions for "next time" if the writer plans on doing military stories again.

3 hours ago, StoneRiver76 said:

Having been in the military myself, I doubt a couple of MPs could have inspired as much awe from a Lieutenant, unless they had a captain among them, in charge, or someone of higher status.  MPs are really just another unit of the military, and they are not special except when they carry out specific parts of their mission, which basically makes them like police to civilians.

I would suggest, next time you write the MP in this manner, if you mean to intimidate the lieutenant, and Sergeant Major isn't going to do it.  You need an officer higher in status than a lieutenant.

Sergeant major is like an E-7?  Lieutenant is an 0-1 or 0-2.  The Sergeant major will have more years and experience in, but the Lieutenant's status is higher.  The Lieutenant could bark orders from the MPs and ask what the hell is going on... so just a note for future references to the military for you.

The story looks like it's headed to something like the Amazon route... where the MPs and that woman might be care takers for some little boys playing army very soon, if your posting on this site means anything!

I like the idea!

Yes, and no.

Lieutenant is the first rank of an officer, but it has higher status than Enlisted ranks, at least in the United States.  Some people can work up to Lieutenant by an Enlisted working specifically to become an officer.  It is possible, thought not as easy as joining commissioned to begin with.

The Sergeant Major would not have talked to the Lieutenant the way he did in the story, in real life, unless the Lieutenant broke military code or the law, which he then would no longer be a Lieutenant if already found guilty of that.

That's why I gave some suggestions for "next time" if the writer plans on doing military stories again.

I would disagree in general. Sergeant Majors are normally E-10s and have well over a decade of experience and are generally the cream of the crop of enlisted personnel, at least from my experience dealing with some in my past. And they typically carried more weight than a newbie lieutenant would (as the saying went in WW2 for instance, the real leaders of the units were the senior noncoms, more than the officers). I mean, just look at Easy Company of the 506th Parachute Regiment during WW2 if you want an example of that historically.

The story is intriguing, interested to see where it goes.

4 hours ago, StoneRiver76 said:

I like the idea!

Yes, and no.

Ah. My understanding in Canada is you don't "work your way up" from NCM to officer. You end up as senior Warrents and Cheifs, which are high level on their own. Going to officer would be a transfer and require a degree

6 hours ago, violetbaby said:

I would disagree in general. Sergeant Majors are normally E-10s and have well over a decade of experience and are generally the cream of the crop of enlisted personnel, at least from my experience dealing with some in my past. And they typically carried more weight than a newbie lieutenant would (as the saying went in WW2 for instance, the real leaders of the units were the senior noncoms, more than the officers). I mean, just look at Easy Company of the 506th Parachute Regiment during WW2 if you want an example of that historically.

The story is intriguing, interested to see where it goes.

There is not such a thing as an E-10.  The ranks go to E-9.

I did look it up on line, though because I wasn't sure.  I was in the Air Force, and our ranks are loosely based on the Army, but they are not exact matches.  Sereant Major is an E-9, which means you are right about them being the top side of Enlisted, however, there are still things an E-9 does not do when it comes to etiquette towards a Lieutenant.  There are also two grades of Lieutenant.  O-1, Second Lieutenant and O-2, First Lieutenant.  Because the story suggests he worked to get his rank, I would argue that first of all, he must have been Enlisted first, and transfered, so who knows how far up the Enlisted command he went, but he had to be at least Sergeant before he transfered.  Generally, E-4 and below do not have time to go to school to get the credits  they need to transfer to the O-side before that.  And, so it is likely he had some years in the army meaning he was not just a fresh Lieutenant, a different story from someone that just graduated academy fresh without any experience.

Even if he was just fresh, an E-9 does not tell a Lieutenant to shut his mouth or to put him at attention upon getting off of a truck.  He might conduct himself in a way that makes the O-1 or O-2 pay attention to what he says, but if he says "Attention!" that is inappropriate towards an officer!

This is not World War II.  Things have greatly changed since then.  Now, I don't know if the story has roots in world war II or if it is modern day, but there are things that happened back then that are definitely not allowed today.  The E-9 could definitely command the Lieutenent's men if the Lieutenant is losing his "command" but then again, I don't see an O-2 really having much of a command, either.  O-2 is generally assistant to the commanding officer of a platoon or squadron.  Squadron is Air Force for approximately the same thing.  Normally, a Captain or higher is in charge of a Squadron, but the Lieutenent carries things out for the most part while the captain just instructs the officers what he wants done.

5 hours ago, ABAlex said:

Ah. My understanding in Canada is you don't "work your way up" from NCM to officer. You end up as senior Warrents and Cheifs, which are high level on their own. Going to officer would be a transfer and require a degree

You are basically right even within American ranks, however, in order to transfer into the CO side, you still need to be at least an E-5 or so because before that, you just don't have time to go to school to gain the education you need to qualify for the transfer.  So, the right to transfer into the Officer side is still Earned.

But, yes, if you just go up in the ranks as Enlisted with no desire to being commissioned, then you just go up to E-9.  I'm not quite sure how getting a warrant officer works because in the Air Force, as far as I remember, there were no Warrant Officer Ranks... but that was back in 1992-1996 that I was in, so...?

Things do change.  As I said, in another post things are not the same now as during WWII, and it is possible that things have changed a great amount since I was in before, too.

• Like 1
On 7/9/2021 at 4:20 PM, StoneRiver76 said:

You are basically right even within American ranks, however, in order to transfer into the CO side, you still need to be at least an E-5 or so because before that, you just don't have time to go to school to gain the education you need to qualify for the transfer.  So, the right to transfer into the Officer side is still Earned.

But, yes, if you just go up in the ranks as Enlisted with no desire to being commissioned, then you just go up to E-9.  I'm not quite sure how getting a warrant officer works because in the Air Force, as far as I remember, there were no Warrant Officer Ranks... but that was back in 1992-1996 that I was in, so...?

Things do change.  As I said, in another post things are not the same now as during WWII, and it is possible that things have changed a great amount since I was in before, too.

Just to chime in my 2 cents lol I enlisted in the Army in 95, as active duty and I am currently serving in the reserve component. Anyone can go from enlisted to commissioned, regardless of rank. The only requirements are you have to have a bachelors degree and be under the age of 36. I have known a lot of soldiers who enlisted with college degrees or close to completing degrees because the process to enlist and then go green to gold is easier then straight up commissioning and also because there are usually monetary bonuses for enlisting. Also, not a lot has changed in rank and command structure since WW2. as far as going warrant, you need to be an E-5, have at least 24 months in the service and 18 months time in grade. Depending on your Military Occupational Service, there are other varying degrees of requirements; logistics warrants requires 6 College English credits, communications warrants require 9 computer science credits, etc.. I don’t know all of the requirements for each and every warrant school. That being said, I have seen some butter bar Lt’s. That don’t know which way to face with their trousers down when the wind is blowing ??

On 7/10/2021 at 11:47 PM, Elfy said:

Well, it should be clear I don't have any military experience but I hope that doesn't detract from the story too much.

No, it doesn't.  I was mostly just trying to give you some perspective if you wanted it, was all.  

9 hours ago, Babyqtboy said:

Just to chime in my 2 cents lol I enlisted in the Army in 95, as active duty and I am currently serving in the reserve component. Anyone can go from enlisted to commissioned, regardless of rank. The only requirements are you have to have a bachelors degree and be under the age of 36. I have known a lot of soldiers who enlisted with college degrees or close to completing degrees because the process to enlist and then go green to gold is easier then straight up commissioning and also because there are usually monetary bonuses for enlisting. Also, not a lot has changed in rank and command structure since WW2. as far as going warrant, you need to be an E-5, have at least 24 months in the service and 18 months time in grade. Depending on your Military Occupational Service, there are other varying degrees of requirements; logistics warrants requires 6 College English credits, communications warrants require 9 computer science credits, etc.. I don’t know all of the requirements for each and every warrant school. That being said, I have seen some butter bar Lt’s. That don’t know which way to face with their trousers down when the wind is blowing ??

Of course, any one can try to go officer, but the thing is, I've never seen anyone try to go officer in the first three to four years of service, and the reason is, most people that are not going in commissioned, they don't have any college yet.  One of the "benefits" you sigh up for when you enlist, is the GI Bill.  But no one actually has time to start going to school before they make E-5, at least on the AF side because you have your regular duties you do, you have some schooling you have to do for your regular duties, which is kind of like an independent study course with tests, and then you have your bi-yearly training where you rough it for two weeks or so, and basically play war-games... WITHOUT the paint guns or fun part most of the time.  And most of the time, they say you lost.  

And yeah, well, as far as Lieutenants that don't now where they are or what they are doing....

I remember one excise:

Set up the tents here!  Lieutentant.

few minutes later.  "That's going to be the air field, do you want to have planes landing on sleeping soldiers?  Set the tents up over there! Another Lieutenant

"What are you doing?  This is where the gate to enter the base is, put the tents back over there, the very first spot!" Major

"What are you doing back over here?  I told you this was the airfield.  Colonel!"

"We moved the air filed" Colonel.  "The tents go here."

In the end, we didn't actually get to start putting the tents up where they were going to stay for nearly two hours and restarted three times!  They may not know what they are doing, but they are officers, and our Sergeants, including the Chiefs, just directed us to do what the officers said!

Dan and his soldiers are taken into a facility and learn why they have been brought there. They are not happy and it's easy to see why. Things soon get out of control and when the experiments begin Dan is left with a sinking feeling that things are only going to get worse.

---

This story has been available on my Patreon page for the last week and with a $5 a month pledge you can see all my updates a week before anyone else. I post a 2,000+ word update every four or five days. For $10 a month you can get early access plus access to THIRTY-TWO stories that only my patrons get to see.

Right now you can subscribe to my Patreon for a full year and get a 16% discount!

That means you can save money AND not have to worry about payments getting declined or anything that might otherwise hinder your enjoyment of my stories. You'll be able to sit back, relax and read. With the discount it means you're even getting over a full month free.

Thank you!

---

There were scientists everywhere and lots of doors that all had different names and departments on them. Unlike the simple exterior up top this area looked extremely high-tech and brand new. Every surface looked pristine and all the metal shined in the bright fluorescent light above them. Dan felt quite out of place in his muddy army fatigues.

Dan and the other soldiers followed Dr. Porter down the long hallway and around a corner. The soldiers were led around various corners and travelled down a bunch of hallways until their heads were spinning. Dan had no idea what the route to the exit was and that was very disorientating. Every corridor looked the same to him.

Finally they reached a door and Dr. Porter stopped. With a key card tied around her neck she swiped on the lock and then pushed the door open when it buzzed. The soldiers followed her inside and saw a long room with a bench going down the middle. Lockers were placed on one wall and showers on the opposite one.

“Strip off, put all your things in a locker and take a shower.” Dr. Porter ordered.

They were in the army so modesty wasn’t an issue for any of the soldiers. Dan joined the others in undressing and then crossed the room to the showers. When he looked at the white coated doctor he saw that her face remained completely passive. She seemed to have no reaction to anything and Dan started wondering if her emotions had been surgically removed.

Dan stepped out of the shower and dried off along with everyone else. On the bench was a box of light green hospital gowns which they slipped on. The door to the shower room opened again.

“Come on.” Dr. Porter ordered.

The soldiers followed the doctor out of the room. Dan didn’t mind being undressed around his friends in the unit but he felt a little awkward when walking among the doctors. Yet again they were led down the corridors and further into the maze of tunnels.

“Do you have any idea where we are?” Dan whispered to Private Longworth who was nearest him.

“Not a clue.” The Private whispered back.

They finally reached a door at the bottom of a corridor that seemed like it was miles away from where they started. Inside was five chairs as well as a bunch of medical equipment and doctors. The room had a very oppressive atmosphere and was silent except for the gentle hum of the electricity running through the ceiling and floor.

“Please take a seat.” Dr. Porter indicated the chairs in the centre of the room.

The chairs didn’t look comfortable or welcoming in the slightest. They were hard metal with the thinnest layer of padding on top. The arms and legs had solid metal cuffs on them and there were wires trailing from each machine waiting to be hooked up. They looked almost like torture implements.

“I’m not so sure about this.” Sergeant Davies prevaricated, “This is getting pretty heavy for me.”

There was some murmuring from the other soldiers though Dan didn’t say anything. The doctor looked impatiently from one person to the next but her face remained completely passive.

“It’s not a choice.” Dr. Porter said, “Get in the chair.”

“To Hell with this.” Sergeant Davies threw his hands in the air. He was always known as being more impetuous than the rest. He turned around to leave.

Dan looked around to see the Sergeant striding towards the door. He grabbed the handle but it was locked. He looked angry as he turned back to the room. The guards posted around the room were starting to step forwards menacingly.

“Why the Hell are they locking us in!?” Davies looked straight at Dan as he spoke.

“Guards. Please restrain these men.” Dr. Porter sounded almost bored as she spoke.

There was an intense but brief scuffle. The soldiers tried to stay away from the guards but they were outmatched physically. Dan threw a punch at a guard in the melee but missed, his arm was grabbed and he was pulled roughly into one of the chairs. He was immediately strapped down across the chest as well as his arms and finally his legs, he was left almost completely immobile.

“What the Hell is going on here!?” Dan yelled towards Dr. Porter.

Doctor Porter was ignoring Dan as she watched the struggle with an air of almost complete boredom. Dan gritted his teeth as he pulled against the straps which refused to budge as he watched his comrades getting overwhelmed one by one and forced into the chairs. The whole brawl only lasted a minute before Dan’s squad was all fastened to the seats.

“Now that the unpleasantness is out of the way…” Dr. Porter stepped in front of the chairs, “Your cooperation is greatly appreciated by your country. You will undergo some experiments to test a new form of chemical weapon that-”

“Chemical weapon!?” Dan’s eyes bulged out of his head as he exclaimed loudly. His fellow soldiers also voiced their disapproval, “We don’t use those.”

“Not officially.” Dr. Porter replied. A cruel half-smile twitched at the corners of her mouth.

Dan was shocked and horrified. He never expected the army he was in to break international law, he was very much an idealist. What scared him even more was that his squad was going to be the test subjects!

“This can’t be safe!” Sergeant Davies shouted.

“We’ve done animal testing.” Dr. Porter said, “The results were… inconclusive.”

“So you’re testing it on humans!?” Private Longworth yelled. Dan could hear the emotion in his voice, “This is illegal!”

“We know that it won’t kill you… Well, we’re almost sure at least.” Dr. Porter continued, “But we need to make sure we get the intended effects.”

“Which are?” Private Chamberlain asked from next to Dan.

“We can’t tell you that.” Dr. Porter smiled, “We wouldn’t want to influence the results. Now, I’m going to ask you to stay quiet whilst we do some simple tests. If you do not comply you will be gagged.”

Dan didn’t want to be gagged and it seemed his soldiers agreed with him since they all lapsed into silence. Dan looked around to see more white-coated doctors stepping forwards to start their examinations. They were hooked up to all sorts of machines, some that Dan recognised and others that he could only guess about. It seemed like every possible measurement was being taken. This all seemed so out of the ordinary.

When the doctors were finished they gathered their findings and presented them to Dr. Porter who looked through the papers slowly and carefully. Dan spent this time looking around and trying to find some hint of what was about to happen, there were no clues in this room. Dan thought about his friends and family both in and out of the military and wondered how long he would be kept down here. It was amazing how quickly another average day in the military could turn into the worst day ever.

“One last thing.” Dr. Porter nodded her head to the doctor’s standing behind the chairs, “You are going to find yourselves in individual rooms. Do not panic, you will be observed and you will have time spent as a unit. The United States Government thanks you for your sacrifices.”

In the middle of Dr. Porter’s speech the men almost simultaneously felt needles going into their upper arms. A strange feeling washed over them as a numbness radiated out from the injection site. A cold calmness slowly filled them until each was slumped in their chairs completely unconscious.

“Take them to their cells.” Dr. Porter said as soon as the last head drooped, “Set up twenty-four hour observation of each of them. We’ll start the experiment soon.”

---

Dan opened his eyes and felt a terrible pain deep inside his head. He was alone and under a very bright light now, there was near silence in the new room except for the hum of electricity. Dan was still wearing the hospital gown as he sat up and looked around his new room. The bright light burned painfully as Dan tried to adjust.

Dan’s first thought was that this was a prison cell. There were no windows and the only door looked very heavy and metallic. There was no handle on the inside and a small window blocked by metal that could be slid out of the way. The walls were painted white and were completely bare, the only illumination came from a bright strip light on the ceiling.

The bed Dan was sitting on was very basic. A thin mattress sat on top of a metal frame that had been attached to the floor. Just across the room from the bed was a metal desk that was built into the wall. The desk was empty except for some pens and paper. The only storage was a couple of plastic shelves that slid out from underneath the bed. The room looked exactly like a prison cell.

“Hello?” Dan called out. There was no response.

Dan stood up and stretched his aching muscles. He looked around and saw a few smaller details he hadn’t noticed the first time. In the corner of the room against the roof was a speaker though it was evidently silent right now. The speaker had a small surveillance camera mounted just underneath it.

An overwhelming feeling of panic seemed to start in Dan’s tummy and rise up through his body until he was drowning inside it. He paced back and forth trying to calm himself down. When he pushed on the door he felt that it was bolted shut and locked.

“You can’t keep us here like animals!” Dan yelled to no one in particular. He hoped the other soldiers were down here with him, it felt like it would be a million times worse if he was alone.

There was no way to tell how much time was passing in the small claustrophobic room but Dan estimated it was fifteen minutes later when he heard the speaker crackle to life. There was a small pause and Dan stood in the centre of the room anxiously looking towards the speaker.

“First test of experimental “AB Gas” to commence in two minutes.” The voice was Dr. Porter’s. Recognisable despite the speaker crackling.

“What does that mean?” Dan asked in confusion. There was predictably no response.

Dan bit his lip and looked around at the impenetrable walls of what he was already thinking of as his cell. He walked up to the door and banged on it loudly. Even when he pushed his ear right up against the metal he couldn’t hear any movement or sound beyond.

“I don’t consent to this!” Dan yelled as if anyone who had captured him would care.

After the two minutes were up Dan heard a hissing sound. He turned to face the room and saw that the vents that had been giving him fresh air were now making a distinctly different noise. Dan hurried over and stood on his bed. He got as close as he could to the vent and sniffed, there was a very distinct smell and although Dan wasn’t sure what it was he knew it wasn’t regular air.

Dan quickly got away from the vent and back into the centre of the room. The gas was invisible but he knew it was already starting to fill the air. He had no way to escape it and the panic returned as he banged on the door again. He tried to hold his breath but it was inevitable that he would breathe the gas in sooner or later. When he smelt that distinctive smell again he knew it was too late and he was indeed inhaling whatever they were pumping in.

Dan looked for any obvious effects of the gas but he didn’t see anything. He didn’t feel any different to before the gas started coming in and he eventually started calming down. He sat back down on his bed and waited for whatever was going to happen next. The hissing stopped after a little while and Dan assumed fresh air was being pumped into the room again.

“First test of experimental “AB Gas” concluded. Participants are to record observations on the paper provided. When completed they are to be slipped under the door.” Dr. Porter sounded almost bored as she read her script.

Dan stood up and looked at the desk. In amongst the papers he saw a stack of sheets with the header “Participant Observations”. He took the top sheet and picked up his pen before pausing. He had no idea what he should write since he really didn’t observe anything.

“No observations.” Dan finally wrote after failing to think of anything else to say.

Dan slipped the paper under the door before. He looked under the crack and a few minutes later saw the paper get pulled away. He immediately started hitting the door and yelling again. Whoever took the paper didn’t come back or indicate that he had heard Dan at all.

Dan turned back around and slumped against the door in defeat. He put his head in his hands and started gently weeping. It was deeply shameful to the macho man to be crying but he felt so helpless. He couldn’t stop thinking about the soldiers who had been driven away before the unlucky five were taken into the building, they would never know how lucky they were.

Hours passed and Dan had nothing to occupy his time. He worked out as much as he could but the lack of knowledge about the time was maddening. He wiped the sweat from his brow as he stretched when the monotony finally ended.

“Lights out in one minute.” Dr. Porter’s voice read.

Dan slipped under the covers on his bed and took his hospital gown off. Exactly one minute after the message ended the light clicked off and total darkness fell in the room. Dan found it very hard to fall asleep but eventually drifted into unconsciousness.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Dan and his men are let out of thheir rooms but only find more questions waiting for them.

---

Thank you!
---

“None of the subjects are reporting any effects.” Dr. Brady said as he sorted through the papers.

“That’s to be expected.” Dr. Porter replied as she looked at the surveillance cameras, “It will take a couple of days for the effects to start.”

“How are they holding up?” Dr. Brady asked.

“They’re doing alright.” Dr. Porter smiled, “Private Longworth as spent the whole time crying. Sergeant Davies has been trying to break things and the others have been typical.”

Dr. Porter took a drink of her coffee. She watched the middle monitor that showed Lieutenant Long who was now lying in bed though the night vision showed he was still awake. Every time they brought a batch of soldiers in the doctor always found one that seemed to intrigue her more than the others.

“Do you really think we’ve perfected the formula?” Dr. Brady asked.

“I hope so.” Dr. Porter replied as she looked at her colleague, “I’m getting cabin fever being cooped up down here for weeks on end. I want to get this concluded so I can leave.”

---

The lights suddenly burst back on some time later and Dan was immediately brought back to reality. He covered his eyes with his hands and moaned in pain. His heart was beating extremely quickly as the sudden wake up flushed his body with adrenaline. He eventually adjusted to the bright light and was able to uncover this eyes. He saw, by the door, a tray with a small plate of food on it along with a large glass of what looked like water.

Dan climbed out of bed and got dressed again. He went over to the tray and picked it up, he placed it down on his desk and sighed. The plate of food didn’t look offensive but it was very simple. Just a small sandwich and a single apple that had been sliced up. He ate it all very quickly. It was just as Dan finished his glass of water that he realised a startling omission from his room. There was no toilet!

Dan was about to start shouting to try and get someone’s attention when the speaker crackled into life again.

“Doors will open in five minutes.” Dr. Porter’s voice droned, “You will proceed to the common room and stay there until told to return to your rooms. Failure to comply will result in serious consequences.”

Despite everything that had happened Dan was excited to be getting out of his room. With nothing to get ready he basically stood right in front of the door and just waited. There was silence in the room until a loud buzzing signalled the door unlocking. It slid open and revealed a hallway beyond, Dan hesitated for a moment before slowly stepping out.

“Where the hell are we?” Sergeant Davies stepped out of the room looking extremely angry, “Lieutenant? What the fu-”

“I don’t know, Sergeant.” Dan replied, “Is everyone here?”

More people emerged from their rooms until all five soldiers were together. The corridor was completely white and with the lights shining brightly the walls were somewhat hard to look at. There was a sign on the wall which pointed towards a door opposite the cells labelled “Common Room.”

Dan walked forwards and knocked on the door. There was no response so he pulled on the handle and pushed the door open. The room beyond shocked him greatly and it somehow made the situation even more confusing.

The common room, as it was labelled, felt like two different rooms that had been smashed together. The first half looked almost like a college common room with a table and chairs in the middle of the room and all the necessary amenities against the walls around it. There was a small kitchen against the far wall, a small living area against the wall with the door to the corridor and in between the two was a single toilet in a stall like a public bathroom. It looked like a super cheap apartment or something.

The second half of the room was even more confusing than the first. There was an invisible line down the centre of the room where the adult common room suddenly turned into something much more akin to a toddler’s nursery.

There was a changing table near the door and a collection of cribs beyond it. The middle of the room was mostly empty except for some play mats and boxes of toys, it was very colourful in contrast to the mostly black and white “adult” half.

“Have they got kids here?” Private Longworth asked in shock.

As the soldiers stepped into the room the door behind them closed and with a metal clink that echoed in the mostly empty room it was locked. There was a second door on the opposite side of the common room that wasn’t immediately obvious, it was almost hidden between a bookshelf on the childish side of the room and the fridge on the adult half.

“The bitch is back…” Chamberlain muttered.

Dr. Porter was at the front of a line of white-coated people that filed into the room opposite the soldiers. They carried clipboards and took up what seemed to be predetermined spots around the room, Dr. Porter herself sat at the table.

“Alright guys.” Dan muttered to his troops, “Don’t cause trouble. We don’t know what these guys are capable of. Gather intel and stay calm.”

The soldiers dispersed into the room though stayed out of the baby side as if it was somehow contaminated. Dan walked towards Dr. Porter at the table, a battle raged within him between wanting some answers and not causing a scene. He didn’t like what was happening at all but he was also aware that he didn’t have any control over it.

“I want to make a formal complaint.” Dan stated stonily.

“It’s noted.” Dr. Porter replied with a condescending smile, “On to pressing busi-”

“I’m serious.” Dan insisted, “This is not the way we treat our armed forces!”

“You signed up to be a service for your country.” Dr. Porter stated firmly, “This is how you will serve. You and your men will now submit yourself to some physical and mental tests.”

“Will we get any answers afterwards?” Dan asked.

“No.” Dr. Porter answered flatly.

Dan wanted to protest in stronger terms but he was outnumbered and outgunned. He had studied tactics exhaustively and knew that avoiding battle when there is no chance of victory is vital. Waiting for a better time to attack might bring better results. The only concern that Dan could see was that there might not be a better opportunity, this was a very tightly controlled government bunker after all.

The tests started soon afterwards. It was mostly done individually and was quite extensive. There were more questions than Dan could count ranging from the general to the highly specific. Dan had no idea why questions like “Do you sleep on your side?” and “What was his favourite sauce for pasta?” were relevant but he answered as best he could. All the soldiers were subjected to the same barrage and every answer was taken down in detail.

The physical tests afterwards were just as exhaustive and seemed to test the strength of every individual muscle in their bodies. The final test was a group test where they had to run across the room, touch the wall and return before a loud tone played over the loudspeaker system. The intervals got shorter as time went on. Dan himself reached level fourteen which was fairly respectable though slightly down on his best performance.

“Thank you, gentlemen.” Dr. Porter said when the test was complete and all the soldiers were left desperately panting, “You will now have recreation time before you can return to your rooms.”

The scientists left leaving the sweaty men alone in the large room. For a minute there was silence other than heavy breathing. Eventually Dan stood up and went over to the stall, with no toilet in his room he was rather desperate to relieve himself.

“This is so bizarre.” Private Jones said when Dan walked back out, “What was that gas thing they did?”

“I don’t know.” Dan replied, “Just play along and if an opportunity to get out comes along we’ll take it.”

“If?” Jones replied nervously.

“What do you want me to say?” Dan shrugged his shoulders in exasperation, “We’re deep underground in some secret governmental base. I don’t know what’ll happen!”

The soldiers spent most of the time in the common room talking. They shared theories on why they were there but everyone was guessing, Dan spent more time listening than participating. They were in there for many hours and seemed free to make food from the fully stocked fridge and drink whatever they wanted. There was no way to tell the time of day or how much time had passed which left everyone feeling strangely disorientated.

“Return to your room.” The loudspeaker crackled to life causing several of the soldiers to jump, “You have five minutes.”

“And what if I don’t?” Sergeant Davies muttered.

Dan gave him a warning look and Davies held up his hands as if to surrender. The five soldiers all stood up and slowly left the common room. Dan was the last to leave, strangely he still felt that officer’s need to make sure no one was left behind.

“What the hell is this!?” Chamberlain shouted when he reached his room and looked inside.

Soon all the soldiers were making similar protestations and it was only when Dan saw his own room that he saw the problem. Whilst the soldiers had been locked in the common room it seemed some significant alterations had been made to their rooms. The bed had been modified by having bars on all four sides, not tall ones but they would certainly stop anyone from falling out of the bed. Each room also contained some children’s toys. They varied from room to room and were few in number but each person seemed to have a supply.

“Relax.” Dan called out to his disgruntled men, “Just go inside.”

“To hell with that!” Davies stomped inside his room and picked up one of the dolls. With the other soldiers still in the hallway they saw a small doll suddenly bounce off the wall as Davies chucked it full force.

Dan walked in to his room to try and set an example and he had barely gone two feet when the door closed behind him and locked. Yet again he felt like he was in a jail cell. He put his ear up to the door and could just about hear the other doors locking, he was thankful that his men seemed to have listened to him and all gone into their rooms without issue.

Dan went over to the bed and sat on the edge looking down at the toys he had been left. A bunch of building blocks in a red plastic tub, it sat in the middle of the room ominously and Dan did his best to avoid it as if it were a mine and he was waiting for the bomb squad.

With a chance to take a deep breath and decompress Dan thought about everything that had happened since they had arrived. It still didn’t seem real to the lieutenant, it felt like the plot of a movie rather than reality. A secret government base testing unknown things on a bunch of soldiers, it just didn’t happen in real life.

Dan had a family at home and he was starting to wonder when he would get to see them again. He wondered what they had been told about why he wasn’t calling home or visiting. It frustrated him that there was no opportunity for him to get in contact if only to say he was alright.

“Second test of experimental “AB Gas” to commence in two minutes.” The loudspeaker announced in the same monotone voice as usual.

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

Dan and his men are in trouble and there is no signs of anything getting better any time soon. Following the announcement of a test Dan notices some strange things happening but feels helpless to get himself out of it.

---

Thank you!

---

Dan took a deep breath. He had suspected this was coming even if he didn’t want to believe it. This was the reason they were here though why his bed had bars and toys had been given to him as well remained a mystery. Maybe they were supposed to be red herrings to throw him off the scent or maybe it was all part of some big psychological experiment.

The gas started hissing right on time. Dan didn’t try to run from it or make any noise this time, he just sat down and breathed as normally as he could. He tried not to think about all the nasty chemicals he might be inhaling.

After a little while Dan started noticing a small change in himself. He suddenly noticed that he was feeling a little lightheaded, he went to stand up and immediately dropped back on to the bed when the room spun around him. He was just starting to panic about why he was feeling this way when the gas stopped.

“Test concluded.” The loudspeaker said a few seconds after the hissing stooped, “Participants will note down any experiences and slip them under the door.”

Dan stayed on the bed until he felt his light headedness passing. It took a couple of minutes but eventually Dan was able to sit up and move over to his desk. He pulled a piece of paper and a pen towards him and started to write. He wrote about his light headedness mainly but he didn’t stop there.

“Furthermore, I demand to be given contact with my family and wish the same for my men.” Dan ended his short note with. He slipped the paper under the door and then returned to his bed.

Dan laid back feeling unusually tired and looked up at the camera that was staring directly at him. He saw the little blinking light showing it was working and he felt a tingle of frustration.

“What do you want from us?” Dan asked plaintively.

There was no response which came as no surprise to Dan who was feeling very tired. After looking up at the camera for another minute or so he rolled over and quickly fell asleep.

---

Dan came back to consciousness groggily. He felt like there was a dense fog filling his brain as he slowly opened his eyes. It took a couple of seconds for the lieutenant to remember where he was. His head felt as if it was spinning again. He closed his eyes thinking he needed more sleep until he noticed something very disturbing had happened.

With an explosion of movement Dan quickly scurried off his bed dragging his cover with him. He laid on the floor panting for a moment wondering if he had truly felt what he thought he had. With a heart beating extra fast out of fear Dan slowly lifted himself up.

“Oh my God!” Dan suddenly exclaimed.

Dan’s worst fears were confirmed when he saw a dark wet patch in the middle of his bed. His mouth hung open in shock and he stared dumbly at the stain whilst desperately trying to think of any other reason for his bed to be wet.

Realising suddenly that the camera was watching Dan jumped to his feet and threw the cover back over his mattress. It was foolish to think he could hide what had happened but that didn’t stop him from trying. As he put his gown back on he felt anger and frustration at being used like a guinea pig. Not for the first time the helplessness he suffered from morphed into anger at the unseen forces that were doing this to him.

“Is this what you wanted!?” Dan yelled at the camera as his emotions boiled over.

The blinking light of the camera silently stared back as if judging Dan. The young man pushed to the limit picked up the bucket of blocks that had remained untouched till then and threw it at the wall. The blocks flew all over the place and made loud thudding noises.

For a second Dan thought he was going to get a response when he heard the sliding metal on his door open. He turned around but only saw a plate of sandwiches get slid in before the slot closed again. He thought about throwing the food as well but the uselessness of his actions just made him depressed. He slumped into the chair at his desk and sighed pitifully.

A few hours later when Dan had finished eating his sandwiches he was starting to think he wouldn’t be allowed out into the common room when the loudspeaker suddenly turned on.

“Be ready to leave the cell for the common room. Five minutes.” The voice said with a tone that suggested she was bored of it all.

Dan actually felt pleased that he would be able to leave the cell. He was going stir crazy in the tiny room and was eager to see something other than these four walls. There was no way he would talk about what had happened in the night though, he was too embarrassed to let his men know about his humiliation.

When the door unlocked and opened Dan stepped out into the hallway and looked sheepishly down the corridor. He saw that his soldiers were equally downtrodden, they all seemed to be quiet and keeping to themselves. Dan looked over his shoulder to make sure the wet patch was covered before walking towards the common room.

The white-coated scientists and doctors were already in the room and several started writing notes as soon as Dan walked in. Without giving any of the men a second to think Dr. Porter stood up from her seat at the table and started telling everyone where to go.

Dan was told to sit opposite the doctor and as he sat down he thought she flashed a knowing smile at him. Dan looked down at the table, she must know about his accident. It was almost certain that the woman opposite him would’ve seen the cameras.

“Hello, Mr. Long.” Dr. Porter said as she ordered some papers.

“Hi…” Dan replied uneasily. He could see his men being given interviews elsewhere or measured for whatever reason.

“Anything new to report?” Dr. Porter asked with her pen poised over the paper.

“New?” Dan played dumb.

“From yesterday.” Dr. Porter clarified, “Any new symptoms or effects?”

“No.” Dan answered as he looked away. He could see the tough Sergeant Davies being measured around the waist.

“Are you sure?” Dr. Porter asked with a knowing smile. Her sing-song voice made Dan’s skin crawl.

“Look…” Dan leaned across the table and muttered angrily, “If you already know what happened why do you have to ask me?”

“I’ll just make a note here…” Dr. Porter started writing and spoke each word, “Subject is uncooperative.”

Dan leaned back and simply rolled his eyes. In his opinion the doctor across the table was acting like a child lording it over someone less fortunate. The woman changed tack and started asking other questions which Dan answered as best he could.

After the interview Dan was subjected to all the same measurements and tests as the previous day. He didn’t know why they had to repeat everything, how much could his weight possibly change in a single day?

Once the scientists were happy a majority of them left the room and the soldiers were once again put through their paces physically. Dan noticed that whilst most of the scientists had left the room Dr. Porter remained and seemed to be keeping an eye on him personally. The bleep test was done at the end of the exercises and Dan was dismayed that he only reached level ten, which was a full four levels less than the day before.

With the tests complete the final scientists left the room leaving the soldiers alone for their “recreation time.” Dan felt incredibly tired after the physical trials, he didn’t feel like he should be this exhausted, he was supposed to be fitter than this.

“I’m exhausted.” Longworth said as he dropped into a chair, “Anyone else feeling like they could sleep for a thousand years?”

“I know I do.” Davies replied as he went to the kitchen area, “Yesterday I felt as fit as a fiddle and today I feel like death warmed up. What’s going on?”

“The gas.” Dan answered, “It must be.”

“Speaking of the gas…” Longworth was speaking again, “Did anyone else experience some, erm, unwanted side-effects?”

Silence fell and everyone seemed to look at each other for an age. None of them had to say anything, they all knew what the others were thinking and once they looked at each other it was clear that they had all suffered from a wet bed.

“This is messed up.” Longworth finally said quietly as he shook his head.

Dan spent the rest of the time in the common room feeling intensely melancholic. No one seemed to want to talk about anything except for where they were but Dan didn’t want to join in, no amount of talking was going to help their situation.

“Return to your rooms. Five minutes.” The loudspeaker ordered.

“What if we don’t?” Davies muttered threateningly.

“There’s no point resisting.” Dan replied, “In fact, if you do try to defy them it’ll probably be even worse. I get the feeling these people have no problem making people disappear.”

Dan stood up and sighed before walking towards the door that led back to the soldiers’ rooms. As the other soldiers filed solemnly past Dan saw the door on the other side of the room and wondered where it went. It seemed like the only way to go from the common room that wasn’t a dead end. It would be something to keep his eye on.

Dan walked back into an almost unchanged room. The only differences were that the wet sheets had been changed and the bricks that had been scattered everywhere by the lieutenant’s tantrum had been tidied up.

The Lieutenant walked into the middle of the room and heard the door close and lock behind him. He sighed deeply and sat down on the edge of the bed. There was little to do in this little cell and he knew it would be a while before he would see anyone again. Not knowing what the time was and the lack of sunlight was really starting to take it’s toll on Dan.

“Third test of experimental “AB Gas” to begin in two minutes.” The intercom crackled to life a little later.

• Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...

Dan and his men continue to be experimented on. After the latest test something very embarrassing happens but perhaps the offered solution would only humiliate him even further...

---

---

Dan sighed and looked down at the mattress he was sat on. He remembered the wet patch he had left this morning and shivered, he truly hoped this wouldn’t be a regular thing. He just couldn’t work out what the military might be trying to do with this gas. A gas that made the enemy wet the bed would certainly be annoying for them but it would hardly stop them from resisting.

As Dan stared down at where the wet patch had been he heard hissing coming from the vent. The colourless gas poured into the room and Dan breathed it in. There was no way to resist it and the cell’s poor ventilation made sure the gas hung around until he got a large dose of it.

The gas felt different today. Dan almost immediately felt himself getting lightheaded and soon had to lay down on the mattress as nausea washed over him. It felt like the room was spinning and it was only speeding up. It soon started to feel overwhelming, Dan had no idea how long he had been lying down and trying to stop from throwing up when he suddenly felt something in his body just seem to give up.

“What!?” Dan gasped and exclaimed as he suddenly felt warm liquid wash down over his crotch and legs.

At first Dan thought there was a leak in the ceiling above him but when he opened his eyes and saw nothing unusual above him he turned his gaze southwards. The Lieutenant’s mouth dropped open as he saw a wet stain on the front of his gown and rapidly growing over his crotch and down his legs. He was hopelessly wetting himself!

Dan jumped out of bed despite the spinning and he fell over sideways and down to his knees. He could hear his pee splashing on the concrete floor below him. Lifting his gown Dan looked incredulously at the tip of his penis which was still pouring urine. He tried to clench his bladder muscles but couldn’t even slow the flow. He tried to pinch himself closed using his fingers but that just resulted in pain and piss spraying everywhere.

“What’s going on!?” Dan yelled as the flow finally weakened and stopped.

Dan stood up shakily. His dizziness had passed and he was left just standing in a puddle of his own pee. He walked away towards the door and looked back with a very red face. The room was a mess. The bed was wet and there was a large puddle on the floor that was slowly spreading out across the concrete. His gown was soaked down the front and his legs had streaks of urine going down them.

“I need some help!” Dan tried to keep his anxiety away from his voice as he banged on the door.

There was no response. The smell of urine drifted through the air and into Dan’s nose making him recoil. The room started smelling more and more like a public toilet and there was no way to get away from it. The vents pumping in what Dan had to assume was fresh air just couldn’t keep up with the odour. Dan got up on his bed to try and take big gulps of air but his accident was overpowering.

It was hours later when something finally happened. Dan was huddled in the corner of the room deliberately avoiding the area he had so badly wet. The sliding hatch on the door opened and a plate of food was handed into the room along with a large bottle of water. That wasn’t unusual, what was unusual was what was shoved through the slot after the food. A large brown padded envelope came through the door as if it was a letterbox and dropped down on to the floor.

“Hey! Hey!” Dan yelled as he scrambled to get the attention of whoever it was, “Can I get some help?”

Dan frowned in confusion but the small slot was closed and locked without a word being said. When it became clear that whoever had brought these things had left Dan scooted along the floor and started eating the food. When treated like something approaching an animal it was easy to fall into acting that way. Dan sat against the door with the tray on his lap and ate the bland food. He looked distrustfully at the envelope that he had propped against the wall.

After finishing the dinner and drink Dan finally picked up the envelope. He greatly distrusted whatever it was and examined it closely before opening it. The envelope was large and thick but completely free of any writing or decorations. If it hadn’t been posted through the slot in his door he would never have known it was for him.

“What’s the worst that can happen?” Dan muttered to himself.

Dan carefully pulled at the top of the envelope and separated the adhesive strip from the paper. It slowly opened and Dan peeked inside. He saw something very white and padded but didn’t immediately know what it was. There was a note as well and it was the slip of paper that Dan pulled out first.

“Please wear this. Accidents will be punished.” That was it. The whole note was just two small sentences.

Dan pulled out the padding thinking it was wrapped around something breakable. It was only when it had been pulled free of the envelope that he realised what he was holding. In shock his first instinct was to throw it across the room but he settled for shoving it away from him as if it would give him some disease.

“No way.” Dan shook his head as he looked up towards the camera as if emphasising that he wouldn’t do what they wanted, “You can forget it!”

The diaper was now laying several feet away from Dan who hardly dared to even look in it’s direction. The padding was almost completely white except for a thin blue line that ran from front to back. There were two tapes on each side and it looked easily big enough for the Lieutenant.

Dan was left feeling utterly humiliated. First he had wet the bed, then he had wet himself whilst fully awake and now the same people keeping him locked up in a room without a toilet was expecting his to wear a diaper. He felt ashamed of himself already, he couldn’t imagine putting on the disposable underwear and embarrassing himself even further.

Lieutenant Dan looked at the note again. The sentence “Accidents will be punished” filled him with a palpable dread. After everything he had seen and gone through since arriving at this facility he knew that was no empty threat. If the scientists here said there would be punishments Dan could be certain that they would be swift and harsh. The worst part was that after the last couple of days he didn’t trust himself not to wet himself again. He felt a chill go down his spine as he considered the possibility that every minute he sat on the floor was another opportunity for more accidents. That drink he had with dinner would be working it’s way through his system as he sat there.

Dan sighed as he looked at the diaper and thought logically about his situation. He had told his soldiers not to rock the boat and to be patient, if he didn’t put the diaper on he would be a big hypocrite and he would lose a lot of respect amongst his men. He was convinced that waiting for the right moment was very important.

“I can’t believe I’m doing this.” Dan said before turning to the camera and continuing, “I want it known that I’m doing this under duress!”

The camera was at the forefront of Dan’s mind right then. It felt like he had an audience of people watching him, for all he knew he did. He slid over to the diaper which he picked up with a shaky hand. He turned it over a couple of times but didn’t see anything too remarkable about it, it seemed to be the sort of thing you would find in any pharmacy.

Dan took off his wet gown and pushed it to the side. He slowly unfolded the diaper and found that it was even bigger than he had expected. When held up to his chest Dan was shocked that the diaper seemed to cover most of his body. He placed the diaper back down on the mattress and stretched it out, despite everything Dan found it really hard to countenance putting the incontinence underwear on.

It took several minutes for Dan to work up the nerve to sit on the rear of the padding. He could feel the soft padding bend underneath him, a soft crinkle filled the air like packets of chips being trod on by accident or a plastic bag rustling in the wind.

Dan felt a shiver go down his spine but knew that if he didn’t go through with this his punishment would almost certainly be worse. After his accidents recently he certainly couldn’t be sure he would stay dry from now on. The Lieutenant wondered whether the other soldiers in his unit were suffering from similar problems to him, in many ways he hoped they were. If he was the only one wetting himself he would be very embarrassed, he would never live it down.

Pushing the worries about his body aside Dan took a deep breath and laid back on the mattress. His cover laid over the wet spot as he reached down between his legs with shaking hands. He grabbed the top of the front of the diaper and slowly pulled it up and over his crotch, he was very red in the face and could feel heat rising within him. He saw the camera watching him, the little blinking red light like an audience watching a play. How many people were behind a screen watching the Lieutenant embarrass himself? One person? Ten people? A whole army of scientists? There was no answer that made Dan feel good about the situation.

The soft padding rested against Dan’s genitals. Physically it wasn’t the most unpleasant feeling ever but emotionally it felt like an extra layer of captivity, one that he was almost voluntarily putting on. Dan realised now why “Long’s Losers” had been chosen for this assignment, they were weak and less likely to fight back than other, stronger, units. They wouldn’t be missed.

Dan pulled the diaper tight against his slightly pudgy belly and placed the tapes that sealed himself inside the embarrassing underwear. He almost didn’t want to move when he was done. With every small movement he could feel the papery waist and leg bands rubbing on him, the padding inside hugging his intimate area as if the Lieutenant had placed a pillow in his underpants.

Dan looked at the blinking light again. He couldn’t help but imagine a crowd of people watching with popcorn and laughing at what the pathetic man in the room was doing. Enjoying how they could manipulate Dan and make him do whatever they wished whilst experimenting on him like some animal with low-intelligence.

Dan normally had a cool and level-headed persona but the thought of being someone else’s entertainment made him extremely angry. This treatment was inhumane, as a citizen and as a soldier he deserved better!

“Argh!” In a surge of anger Dan reached down and roughly grabbed the two sides of the diaper. He pulled and tore and felt the tapes and plastic giving way.

The diaper almost exploded and soft padding flew through the air as Dan’s hands ripped the diaper apart leaving him naked again. Dan stood up next to the bed and gathered a bunch of the padding and plastic together, he turned to the camera that still stared with it’s single unblinking eye and threw the remnants of the disposable up and into the lens.

“You can shove it up your ass!” Dan yelled at the camera.

Dan stood next to the bed for several seconds panting from the effort of breaking his diaper mixed with his outburst of anger. He slowly calmed down and felt his muscles relaxing, his arms lowered down to his side and his heart rate gradually returned to normal. He felt like more of an animal than ever. His puddle of urine on the floor was now cold and unmoving, diaper padding covered the room like clumps of snow and he was standing in the middle of it all completely naked.

Feeling suddenly sheepish Dan laid down on the bed and curled up facing the wall. He pulled his cover over the top of himself and curled up around the large wet area from his previous accident. He felt tired, it was like that one explosion of anger had drained all of his energy and left him devoid of power. Before he knew how tired he was he had lapsed into a deep sleep.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Dan wakes up to a new day in the facility. Having failed to follow the instructions there are repercussions as Dan and his men find themselves being humiliated yet again. Dan in particular is singled out for punishment in front of his men as he is embarrassed and forced back into line.

---

Thank you!

---

A marching band could’ve gone past and Dan wouldn’t have awoken such was the depth of his sleep. It felt like he had been unconscious for a long time when he finally opened his eyes but simultaneously he felt very tired still. He could tell he was in trouble before he had fully woken up.

Dan’s first sensation as he woke up was of a cold wetness covering the middle of the bed. He didn’t need the smell of ammonia or sense of shame washing over him to realise he had wet himself again. Dan let out a deep sigh as he rolled over in resignation and slowly pulled himself into a seated position. His eyes were taking a long time to adjust to the harsh light of the room which was now starting to resemble a long neglected public bathroom with urine all over the bed and floor. The smell was overwhelming and Dan was already praying that he would be let out soon.

Having failed to keep his bed dry Dan felt a looming dread about the promised punishment that would follow. When the shutter on his door suddenly slid open he jumped and looked over in resignation at what he suspected was coming. Instead a tray of breakfast food was slipped in along with a strangely colourful cup. A new hospital gown followed before the shutter was closed leaving Dan alone again.

Dan reluctantly walked across the room thinking the food might suddenly explode or something. When he saw what he had been given to drink from he felt a shiver travel down his spine. It wasn’t just any cup, it was one given to toddlers who couldn’t be trusted not to spill their drink everywhere. The lime green sippy cup’s only opening was the little spout near one of the edges with a big handle either side for little fists to grab.

“Very funny…” Dan muttered. He assumed it was some sort of sick joke after his wet accidents.

Dan took his tray to the desk and tucked in. The breakfast was light, just a bowl of cereal and an apple, and the Lieutenant demolished it in short order. It was then that his eyes turned to the sippy cup. He was feeling thirsty for sure and the idea of using a sippy cup seemed a lot less embarrassing than the multiple wetting episodes. He picked the drinking cup up and after a couple of seconds he put it between his lips and drank the sugary juice within. He made sure to turn away from the camera so he could at least pretend he had some privacy.

“Be ready to leave your cell for the common room. Five minutes.” Came the familiar voice of Dr. Porter crackling through the loudspeakers.

Dan felt a pang of nerves. He had been offered a diaper and refused it, something that was promised would be met by punishment. He wondered if his squad mates had similar issues and were given a similar choice. Dan suddenly felt frustrated with himself that he refused to do what he had ordered his men to do. He had told them to not rock the boat but had been unable to stop himself doing exactly that.

The doors opened with a click and Dan rather sheepishly stepped out into the hallway. He tried not to look at the others but he couldn’t help himself, he looked down at the floor but shifted his eyes to look down the line of soldiers. He saw that the stubborn Sergeant Davies was unpadded like himself but the others were clearly wearing bulky underwear underneath their gowns.

Dan turned away and walked towards the common room. He felt even more ashamed about ripping the diaper off now that he saw that the Privates under his command and followed his orders.

“You had a heck of a time in there…” Private Longworth said.

Dan turned and saw the others were looking into his room where diaper fluff rested in the puddles of pee he had left. When the soldiers looked back towards him he could see that their attitudes to him had changed, he could see in their eyes the respect he had built up through years of leading was quickly ebbing away. He turned away again.

“What happened to doing as we’re told?” Private Chamberlain called out to general murmurs of discontent.

Dan had no answer. He simply walked forwards towards the common room and heard the footsteps of those behind joining him. Usually, upon walking into the main living area he would see scientists dotted around ready for the standard tests, this time was very different.

As soon as the door opened there were some big burly security guards waiting. They immediately barked orders for the imprisoned men to line up against the wall. Dan hurriedly complied though heard the tough Davies growling some unkind words as he joined them. Once all the soldiers were lined up and facing out into the room the guards stepped back allowing Dr. Porter to walk in front of the soldiers with her ever present clipboard.

“Gowns off.” Dr. Porter ordered casually without looking up from her notes.

“Excuse me?” Dan asked before he could stop himself.

“Take your gowns off.” Dr. Porter now looked up at Dan with her sharply serious face, “Do not make me repeat myself again.”

Dan could feel the eyes of his group turning to him. With a second of hesitation he reached down and untied the knot keeping the hospital gown together. He slipped it off his shoulder and let it fall around his feet leaving him completely naked. He heard the others doing the same, he couldn’t help but turn his head and look down. He could see the thick disposable diapers around the waists of most of the others and he could also see that they were wet. The people in diapers were blushing hard and it wasn’t easy to say who was more embarrassed, the diapered people for being in the baby pants or Dan and Davies who were completely naked.

Dr. Porter waved her hand and some more of the white-coated scientists hurried forwards. Dan watched and was quite shocked when they dropped to their knees in front of Chamberlain and started touching the diaper whilst muttering to each other and taking notes.

“H-Hey!” Chamberlain weakly complained as his wet padding was poked and prodded.

“Subject is very wet. At least two wettings, no leak. Please turn around.” The young scientist asked.

Chamberlain looked up at everyone else and then slowly shuffled his feet so he was facing the wall. Dan could see the doctor place her hand on the rear of the diaper, she took some notes and then pulled back the waistband.

“Still clean…” The doctor noted.

“Of course I am!” Chamberlain suddenly exclaimed, “Who do you think I am!?”

“Alright, take him to the changing table. Next.” Dr. Porter said.

As Private Longworth’s examination started everyone’s eyes followed Chamberlain as he was pulled from the line by security guards and taken to the changing tables on the infantile side of the room. Dan watched as Chamberlain struggled unsuccessfully and was lifted on to the table, he was laid back and held down despite a string of expletives. His diaper was opened up and the guards started cleaning him just like a baby.

“Hey!” Dan yelled suddenly causing everyone to stop, “You can’t treat my men like this! What the hell is going on?”

“We’ll get to you in a minute.” Dr. Porter said with a raised eyebrow, “I’m sure you wouldn’t want your men getting a diaper rash.”

“Whatever is happening to us is YOUR doing!” Dan snarled angrily.

Dan looked impotently at the security guards who were standing nearby threateningly ready to take action at a moment’s notice. He looked over to the changing table where Chamberlain was having a new diaper slipped underneath him.

“This is inhumane!” Dan exclaimed, “You have to let us go.”

“Dear me, Lieutenant, we have been through this.” Dr. Porter shook her head, “You are employed to help the US military. It has been decided that this is the way you will help them.”

“How is this helping anyone?” Dan asked as he gestured to his soldier in the middle of a diaper change.

“That is information you don’t need to know.” Dr. Porter replied, “Now, if you are finished interrupting maybe we can continue with the tests.”

Dan fell silent uneasily. He stood against the wall completely naked and felt increasingly awkward as one after another his soldiers were examined and then sent for diaper changes. When it was Dan’s turn he felt a chill run down his body. He had been anticipating his punishment in the worst way for quite a while and now it seemed to be right before him, the suspense was killing him.

“You were provided with a diaper were you not?” Dr. Porter asked. She clearly already knew the answer and Dan resented having to state the obvious. He felt like a schoolchild called up in front of the principal.

“I was, but…” Dan was interrupted before he could explain anything.

“And you aren’t wearing it as the instructions asked.” Dr. Porter stated. She seemed to be taking great joy in stretching out this moment.

“No…” Dan answered.

“Then you will be punished.” Dr. Porter said casually as she checked a box on her clipboard.

“Well, hold on a second…” Dan could feel himself sweating a little, “It was a mistake and we cou-”

“Guards.” Dr. Porter put a hand in the air and then waved it forwards.

Dan looked around at the advancing guards and suddenly felt very small. He gulped as he raised his fists, if he was going down he was determined he would go down swinging. It was no use though, the guards were in thick clothing with body armour whilst Dan was completely naked. Dan threw a punch that hit a guard square in the chest, the guard remained unmoved but pain shot through Dan’s hand.

“Ah!” Dan pulled his hand away and cradled it with the other one. The guard’s laughter was salt in his wound.

Dan’s arms were grabbed and he was led into the childish half of the room. His feet dragged against the thicker soft carpet, he hadn’t walked over here at all until now and this was a hell of a way to explore. There was a chair in the middle of the room without armrests and the biggest guard went to sit down. Dan was pulling against the other men but not making any progress at all, he could see the other soldiers, scientists and guards were all watching him as if he was the star of a show.

“Make yourself comfortable.” The sitting guard growled as Dan was pulled closer.

Dan tried to pull away but he was overmatched by the burly guards. They dragged him to the chair and pulled him across the sitting guard’s lap. Dan tried to get straight up but an elbow in his back meant he was stuck over this man’s knees with his butt pointing up into the air.

“I’m a Lieutenant in the United States army!” Dan exclaimed as the blood started rushing to his head, “You cannot do this!”

The only reply Dan got was a swift swat to his buttocks. He jumped and accidentally crushed his intimate parts for a second causing him to yelp in pain. The guard laughed and rubbed the area he had spanked. Dan could see everyone looking his way still. Sergeant Davies, who had also come in without a diaper was being led to the changing table with a look of shock across his face.

The guard’s hand reared back and smacked on Dan’s bare skin again. The sound of hand on skin echoed around the large room as Dan jolted forwards and winced again. The guard could hit like a freight train.

More spanks came down and Dan felt each one stinging against his rear end. He could feel tears brimming in his eyes but he held them back as best he could. The mixture of pain and humiliation made Dan feel a primal emotion that he couldn’t even describe. He was being emasculated in front of everyone. A leader of an army unit across a man’s knee and being spanked like an unruly child.

As a Lieutenant in charge of troops Dan tried to keep his composure. He knew he had his men looking to him and in this time of crisis they were more desperately in need of a leader than ever before. Despite all this there was little he could do as a heaving sob seemed to roll up his throat and out of his mouth. Once the dam was broken there was no way to repair it.

Dan started loudly crying as all the frustrations and humiliations of the last few days piled on top of one enough to become an unbearable load. He kicked his legs and swung his arms like a child having a tantrum as his bare ass was tanned by the large guard. Each spank sent waves of stinging pain out and over his body. He felt like a naughty kid being forcibly reprimanded.

When it was finally over Dan was a blubbering mess. Tears and snot mixed together on his face as his wailing died down to a small sobbing again. His butt felt very warm and still stung badly as he was finally allowed to stand up though the guards made sure he couldn’t go far.

“This is corrective punishment.” Dr. Porter said as she walked over and wrote down some observations, “I trust it will not be required again in the future.”

Dan was a defeated man and as he wiped his eyes with the back of his hand he nodded. He felt ashamed of his crying and when he risked a glance up he saw his troops staring at him with unreadable emotions. Guards took his arms and led him towards the changing table, all his attempts at avoiding the embarrassment of a diaper had only made the situation much worse.

“Up.” The guard barked causing Dan to jump.

Dan climbed up awkwardly with his red rear end acting like a beacon. He sat down and winced, it was a spanking that wouldn’t be forgotten in a hurry. He laid back like he had seen the other soldiers do and took a deep steadying breath.

“Get your hands off me!” Dan looked over to see Sergeant Davies being manhandled towards the chair. The usually gruff soldier was looking distinctly paler than usual.

The sound of crinkling plastic quickly got Dan’s attention again and he cringed as he saw a large rectangle being pulled from the shelf under the table. The guard opened it up and placed it between the Lieutenant’s splayed thighs. Dan was not expected to take any part in this change as his legs were rolled back over his head lifting his ass off the table, getting a close up view of his genitals made his eyes water, the smell of urine from his accidents was very strong. When he was lowered again he could feel the diaper underneath him.

“Ah! You basta- Ugh!” Dan looked over to the chair again and saw the sergeant now receiving the same treatment he had got. Davies’s face was bright red but his teeth were gritted, it looks like he was doing his utmost not to give his captors the satisfaction of seeing him upset.

Dan looked away and shuddered as the front of the diaper was lifted up and over his private area. As humiliating as it was to be asked to put a diaper on himself having someone else do it was infinitely worse. The two leaders of the group of soldiers were being humiliated and there was nothing they could do to stop it. All the authority they had built up over years was evaporating in hours, the other soldiers were watching in shock as their superior officers were manhandled.

The diaper was pulled tight and taped closed. Dan looked down at himself in horror before being pushed off the table. He landed on his feet and started walking over to the other soldiers who were still staring despite being in diapers themselves. Dan still had all the marks of his crying fit on his face and every step crinkled massively.

Dan stood next to the other soldiers and silently looked at the floor as Davies continued to endure his punishment. Dan had never been more embarrassed and every instinct told him to rip the diaper off but he could only imagine what would happen after that, his red bottom still stung as a reminder of what resistance meant.

Eventually Davies was allowed up and although he wasn’t visibly upset quite as much as Dan was he still walked over to the changing table without any resistance. He was diapered in much the same way as Dan had been before being walked to the other soldiers. He had a look on his face that suggested he would kill anyone who tried to speak to him.

“OK, now that we’ve sorted all that out…” Dr. Porter was smiling still. It was the kind of face that riled you up just by looking at it, “We can get on with the usual tests.”

Without a word of protest the soldiers split up and it was Dan who was waved over by Dr. Porter first. The Lieutenant let out a large sigh before walking over to the person in charge. Every step felt alien now, the thick padding between his legs was noisy and forced his legs further apart than he was used to. It was impossible to be dignified when naked except for a diaper.

“This is obscene!” Dan exclaimed as soon as he sat down opposite Dr. Porter.

“Obscene?” Dr. Porter repeated with an annoyingly sunny tone of voice.

“What the hell are there diapers for? Just to humiliate us?” Dan asked. He was very aware the tear marks on his face were visible even if he couldn’t see them.

“Of course not.” Dr. Porter looked insulted at the suggestion she would do anything so mean, “You were given them because you’ve all started having, how should I put it… accidents?”

“Because of you and whatever you’re drugging us with!” Dan replied angrily. His face was bright red.

“Can I get to the questions I need to ask or do you want me to explain why people who wet themselves need protection?” Dr. Porter asked with condescension dripping from each syllable.

Dan clenched his fist but held his tongue. With no other option but to go along with these people Dan nodded his ascent and answered all the useless questions that he had to answer every single day. The tests continued as they always did only now there was a lot less chat between the soldiers and a lot more crinkling. No one was in the talking mood after all the embarrassments.

The physical tests didn’t change despite the diapers and Dan joined the others in running the bleep test. They could barely even manage to get through the first few levels and not just because the diapers chafed against their inner thighs. Dan found that he had almost no stamina, and had his hands on his knees after just a couple of sprints. He had always had pride over his physical fitness and yet it seemed to have been drained out of him.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Dan and his men are soon sent back to their rooms. He finds that he's changed in multiple and none of it is for the better. As his situation becomes more desperate even the most basic physical functions appear to be beyond his control.

---

This story has been available on my Patreon page for the last week and with a $5 a month pledge you can see all my updates a week before anyone else. I post a 2,000+ word update every four or five days. For $10 a month you can get early access plus access to THIRTY-THREE stories that only my patrons get to see.

---

At the end of the tests the doctors all left leaving the soldiers alone. This was normally when they would talk and complain about their situation but on this occasion no one wanted to talk at all. Dan kept to himself over by the table and felt hopelessness about the situation, he had always believed they could escape but now he wasn’t sure. Whatever the gas was it was having serious side-effects and Dan knew the patient approach was not working. Along with his comrades he seemed to be getting physically and mentally weaker every day.

“Participants. Please return to your rooms.” The speaker system announced an indeterminate amount of time later.

It felt like the time the soldiers were getting together in the common room was getting shorter but without a clock it was impossible for Dan to know for sure. He got up from his chair with a sigh and after a single step gasped in horror.

A sudden warmth engulfed Dan’s crotch and splashed down towards the rear of his diaper. He couldn’t believe what was happening as his hands dropped down and covered his crotch. Dan could feel the heat spreading rapidly through the padding as it grew heavier and thicker. Without any control Dan was wetting himself again right in front of the other soldiers. He felt his face going red as people drew near and saw what was happening.

“Don’t worry, Sir.” Private Longworth said with a wry smile, “You’re not alone.”

Dan was confused and it was hard to concentrate when he could still feel himself wetting. He looked over to Longworth and then down to his waist, his mouth dropped open as he saw the blue wetness indicator showing the private was already wet.

“Those assholes did this. It’s not your fault.” Sergeant Davies stepped forwards with a likewise wet diaper.

All the soldiers crowded around and they were all wet. Dan slowly moved his hands away from his padding with shame pulsing through his body with every beat of his heart. Just like everyone else he had wet his diaper without control.

“We should go.” Dan eventually said as stoically as he could manage.

Dan led the soldiers out of the common room and back to the cells. The Lieutenant stepped inside and closed the door behind him, he was almost afraid to turn around because he had seen something out of the corner of his eye and he knew it couldn’t be good. Slowly he turned his head to look over his shoulder and saw some clothing, a diaper and a note.

Dan walked over to the desk where all the new items were and picked up the note. He could see it was in the same handwriting as the previous day’s note. No doubt it was Dr. Porter’s hand that had written the instructions.

“You have one spare diaper. You will not be given another one until tomorrow so be smart about when you change yourself.” The note continued, “You will get dressed in the outfit provided as soon as you read this.”

Dan swatted the diaper off the top of the clothes and on to the desk next to them. His “outfit” as the note had rather grandly described it appeared to be a deep red short sleeved t-shirt. He picked it up and let it unfold in front of him. At first he thought it was simply a long shirt that would cover his diaper but he noticed it narrowed at the bottom into two smalls flaps. It took a few seconds for the penny to drop.

“A onesie!?” Dan exclaimed. He felt shocked but he didn’t know why. After the diapers, spankings and everything else should he shouldn’t be surprised that he was being given baby clothes to wear.

Dan wondered if this was what the shadowy scientists wanted. Maybe the whole point of the experiments was to make a gas that would make the enemy weak and incontinent. If that was the case they might as well let the soldiers go because it was clearly a huge success, the soldiers had been reduced physically from the super fit troops they had previously been to people who seemed like they had never even seen a gym.

Pushing aside all his thoughts about why they were all there Dan lifted the onesie above him and slipped it over his head. He put his arms through the correct holes and felt the stretchy material expand for his arms, the clothing was form-fitting but not too tight. This must’ve been why they had been taking so many measurements.

The onesie cascaded down over Dan’s body with the flaps hanging down in front and behind the thick diaper. Dan sat down on the chair next to the desk and reached between his legs. He hated touching his diaper, especially now that it was wet. The smooth plastic would’ve felt nice if it hadn’t been wrapped around his waist. He popped the front and back of the onesie together underneath his diaper and felt the material push the padding up closer to his body.

Dan sat in his seat feeling sorry for himself for several minutes. He couldn’t shake the growing hopelessness that he was feeling. Escape seemed impossible and he was terrified of the scientists and guards who represented humiliation. He was so tuned out he didn’t even notice when the loudspeaker announced the usual gas test.

The soft hiss of gas passing through the vents caused Dan to look up. He took a deep breath as he felt anxiety fill his body. It wasn’t long until he felt the dizziness that usually accompanied breathing the mysterious gas. It seemed stronger than before and Dan quickly moved over to the bed to lay down.

The intensity of the dizziness seemed to grow until it was much worse than anything he had experienced before. Even worse than the dizziness was the disconcerting feeling of getting dumber. Dan didn’t know how else to explain it but he started finding it hard to concentrate or think about anything even remotely complicated. He tried to remember dates of important events in his life but they were all becoming increasingly fuzzy.

“What are you doing to me!?” Dan demanded of the camera.

Eventually the gas dissipated and Dan was able to sit up. He sat staring at the wall for a few seconds before remembering he was supposed to write about the effects of the gas. He switched back to the seat next to the desk and felt his crinkly underpants squeeze again him forcing some moisture out and tickling his skin.

Dan pulled a piece of paper towards him and picked up his pen. He held the tip just above the paper and then paused. He frowned as he forced his hand to put pen to paper and start writing, all that came out was an unreadable scribble.

“What the hell!?” Dan exclaimed.

Dan thought about what to write. He wanted to mention his dizziness, the continued incontinence and how he was having difficulty remembering things but he couldn’t seem to translate that into writing.

“Come on…” Dan muttered to himself, “You’ve done this a thousand times before. Just write… What is happening!?”

Dan jumped back off his chair with fear pulsing through his veins in the most primal way. It felt like parts of him were being erased and now he couldn’t even remember how to write. In anger he leaned over the desk and picked up the pen again. He took a deep breath and then tried to write.

“I felt dizzy and… WHAT THE FUCK!?” Dan was speaking the words as he wrote them but when he saw what he had scribbled he found it completely illegible.

With his face going red Dan balled up the paper and threw it against the far wall. He tried again and again to write the words but each time he could only scribble nonsense. One by one every piece of paper ended up balled up or torn into a thousand pieces and scattered everywhere. Dan fell back against his bed in utter defeat. As if to put the exclamation mark on his fall he felt the front of his padding suddenly warm as he wet himself without control.

Dan didn’t move until a few hours later when he started feeling tired. He saw the spare diaper he had been given and sighed, he knew what would happen if he broke the rules and leaked on his bed. The memory of the spanking was almost as painful as the event itself. Dan forced himself to get off his mattress and as he did so he felt the heavy padding between his legs sag dramatically, the onesie stretched to accommodate the diaper.

The new diaper was the same as all the previous ones with the one distinct advantage that it was dry. Dan unbuttoned his onesie and laid the fresh diaper out on the bed. As he pulled the tapes off the old diaper a smell of stale urine assaulted his nostrils. The Lieutenant turned his head away until he regained his composure, he lowered the wet diaper down and pulled it away. The padding had clotted together and when Dan dropped it on to the floor it landed with a loud thump.

Dan slipped the new diaper underneath himself and pulled it up between his legs. He pulled it tight against himself despite despising how the padding felt. He taped it closed before buttoning the onesie together again. He laid back and before he even pulled his cover over himself he fell into a deep sleep.

---

It was a sign of the times that Dan woke up and fully expected his diaper to be heavy from urine and he wasn’t disappointed. He reached down under his cover and pressed the bottom of his onesie up against his body. He sighed and let his hand relax to his side again, he didn’t want to get out of bed at all and wondered if depression was settling in. He certainly had a lot to be depressed about as he felt his adulthood stripped away from him in mere days.

Dan had been dreaming of his family and he wondered, not for the first time, if he would ever see them again. He tried to force the negative thoughts away but he felt like a prisoner with an indefinite sentence.

“Breakfast.” The shutter on Dan’s door opened a few minutes later and a tray was slipped into the room. When Dan leaned over and saw the tray he felt a pang of hunger in his stomach.

Dan finally forced himself out of bed. He sat up and threw the covers back, when he swung his legs out of bed he saw the desk and the remnants of the papers scattered everywhere. He couldn’t help himself, as he stood up on wobbling feet he leaned over the desk and picked up the pen. Once again he tried to write, he tried to jot down a simple “Hello” but yet again could only force scribbles out. With a shake of the head Dan shoved all the writing things out of the way and went to get his food.

The tray carried a nasty surprise that Dan only noticed as he got closer to the meal. There was a bowl of mushy cereal as usual but lying down behind the bowl was an oversized baby bottle that seemed to be full of milk. Dan felt his temper flare up again, it felt like whoever was preparing the meals was making fun of his situation.

Swallowing his anger Dan picked the tray up and carried it over to his desk. He felt strange and only walking around seemed to make it clear that the mental fogginess he had previously only experienced during the gas tests wasn’t clearing. He was red in the face as he picked up the baby bottle and placed it to the side.

“Very funny…” Dan looked up at the camera with a terrible scowl. He assumed the bottle was some horrible joke about the diapers he was now forced to wear.

Dan ate his breakfast quietly whilst sat at his desk. His wet diaper between his legs was a constant reminder of his position and the things he had done. He wanted to change but he hadn’t been given another diaper, the memory of the previous day’s spanking made sure he didn’t take the one he had off. At least the cereal didn’t seem to be laced with anything that Dan could tell. It was just as Dan finished his last mouthful that he felt a sudden pressure on his intestines.

With a shiver Dan realised what was overdue to happen and he clamped his muscles shut to deny it. He felt an incredible thirst and picked up the bottle, he tried to unscrew the top but found it had been secured tightly and he didn’t have the strength to overcome it. It felt like this should be something he could do easily but his reduced physical attributes rendered him helpless. It was embarrassing for a soldier who prides himself on his physical fitness to be reduced to this.

Dan was thirsty and despite wanting to avoid it he knew he was inevitably going to be left with no alternative. He lifted the latex teat of the bottle to his lips and started sucking. The milk was sweet but tasted sour as his face flushed red with humiliation. Halfway through the bottle the pressure inside his body suddenly built into a crescendo.

Dan coughed on his bottle and dropped it on to the tray. He stood up but barely lifted his butt off the seat when he lost control. Dan didn’t even have to push as turds started surging out of his exit hole. He froze in shock with his wide eyes staring at the wall as he felt the rear of his diaper pushing out behind him. He couldn’t believe it, it was like he had no control over what was happening as a growing mound of waste grew in the seat of his padding.

Dan had no control over what was happening. His shock didn’t abate until he felt his body squeezing out the last of the mess that now filled his diaper. The Lieutenant reached back with a hand and cupped the seat of his diaper, he could feel what he had done and it weighed down on him physically as well as mentally.

Between not being able to write simple words and now uncontrollably soiling himself Dan felt truly like a baby. He was ashamed to admit how much he had changed in such a short time but he felt ruined, he could only pray that he could fix all this later though he doubted it. This was a nightmare he couldn’t wake up from.

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

Dan and his men are in trouble and there is no signs of anything getting better any time soon. Following the announcement of a test Dan notices some strange things happening but feels helpless to get himself out of it.

---

This story has been available on my Patreon page for the last week and with a $5 a month pledge you can see all my updates a week before anyone else. I post a 2,000+ word update every four or five days. For $10 a month you can get early access plus access to THIRTY-THREE stories that only my patrons get to see.

---

Five minutes later the doors to the rooms opened up. Dan hadn’t sat down and indeed had barely moved since his accident had finished but as the announcement to go to the common room echoed around the narrow room he finally started towards the doorway. He was embarrassed, humiliated and beaten. More than anything he wanted the scientists in the common room to change his diaper.

Dan slowly waddled into the corridor and looked down the row of doors as he always did. He saw timid soldiers stepping out, some looked embarrassed and others a little vacant. It seemed like Private Longworth barely knew where he was. Dan noticed that the usually stoic and strong Sergeant Davies had red puffy eyes.

“I wanna go home!” Sergeant Davies suddenly exclaimed as a great sob escaped his throat. His voice didn’t carry it’s usual authority, instead it was whiny and high-pitched.

Dan was shocked by his Sergeant’s outburst and as the big man started crying the Lieutenant could only turn away. He wanted to help his soldiers but he was also feeling desperate for himself.

Dan led the way into the common room with his soldiers behind him. He could hear Davies sobbing from behind him, the sound was most disconcerting to the others. The large intense man had always been Dan’s enforcer, whenever a soldier needed putting back into line the Lieutenant would always turn to the Sergeant who was now a blubbering mess.

The poop in Dan’s diaper made his waddle much more pronounced. As he lined up against the wall with everyone else he saw that three of the five were already in well used padding. Dan didn’t feel any less embarrassed to see others in the same position as himself. As he looked out into the room with rosy cheeks he saw the scientists making notes and starting to advance towards him. The only sound any of the soldiers made was Davies’s soft sobbing.

“Good morning everyone.” Dr. Porter said as she stood back in a supervisory role a couple of feet behind her workers, “Everyone feeling happy today?”

Dan scowled at the woman whom he saw as taking everything from him. From access to his family all the way down to his ability to write and think clearly, he looked at Dr. Porter as the person stripping him of his identity. His fists balled up in an impotent rage.

There were five junior scientists and they started inspecting a single soldier each. Dan closed his eyes as he was roughly poked and prodded by the white-coated young man in front of him, when he felt the scientist’s hand push his heavy load up against his body he could no longer keep quiet.

“Do you really have to do that?” Dan hissed angrily.

“This one is causing trouble.” The scientist quickly stepped back and looked towards the guards.

“Wha-… No!” Dan suddenly realised he had made a mistake as the guards from yesterday advanced towards him again, “I was just asking if… Hey!”

The guards clearly weren’t listening as they grabbed hold of Dan and pulled him towards the chair from yesterday. The Lieutenant looked over his shoulder as he was pulled away and saw Dr. Porter shaking her head as if she was a disappointed parent. The reaction from the lead scientist somehow filled Dan with even more anger that he found hard to contain. She was making him like this, how dare she act like he was letting her down!

Dan was draped over the guard’s lap and immediately tensed up causing the burly man to laugh harshly. The first spank wasn’t long in coming but when it his Dan let out a yelp that was not solely due to the pain. The poop in his diaper and pressing against his skin splattered against him and he felt it spreading horribly. Every other spank just made the mess even worse. By the time the punishment was over Dan was a teary wreck with the contents of his diaper spread all over his bottom.

A diaper change swiftly followed on the changing table. Dan meekly allowed himself to be changed and have his onesie snapped closed. Once he was done others were sent to the changing table whilst he was beckoned over by Dr. Porter.

“Hello Dan. How are you doing today?” Dr. Porter asked with a faux-cheery voice.

“Do we have to do this every time?” Dan asked sulkily.

As Dr. Porter started explaining the importance of the tests Dan tuned out and looked around the room. He was only slightly surprised to see that two of his fellow soldiers were sitting in the baby side of the room, Sergeant Davies and Private Longworth were sitting at a short table and building things with block. Jones and Chamberlain were being asked other questions by other doctors.

“Are you surprised to see some of your comrades over there?” Dr. Porter asked with her trademark sneer as she nodded over to the soldier playing like toddlers.

“Not really.” Dan replied as coolly as he could manage. He tried to ignore the rising panic that he felt, there was a significant part of his brain that was telling him to go over and play.

“You’re not surprised to see your men playing with toys?” Dr. Porter asked unnecessarily.

“Look, you’ve got us wearing diapers.” Dan leaned forwards over the table, “You’ve got half a room set up just to be played in and you’ve been gassing us every day. No, I’m not surprised my men are falling apart.”

Dan answered all the usual questions and got away from the doctor as soon as possible. He stood against the far wall and couldn’t stop staring at the soldiers playing like babies no matter how hard he tried to look away. He wanted to help them but had to resist the urge to walk over. Somehow Dan knew that if he walked over to try and get his soldiers away from the toys he would end up sitting down and playing with them.

“Lieu… Lieutena…” Chamberlain was walking across the room with his greatly padded rear swaying behind him. He seemed to be having a great deal of difficulty pronouncing Dan’s rank, “Lieut…”

Dan was just about to ask what Chamberlain wanted when he stopped just a couple of feet in front of Dan. The lower ranked soldier frowned suddenly and looked down at his body, he placed his hand over his belly as if he had never seen it before. Dan noticed that just like himself Chamberlain was distinctly pudgier than he had been before arriving.

“Chamberlain?” Dan asked hesitantly, “Is everything OK?”

Chamberlain looked up at his Lieutenant and just had time to shake his head as horror washed across his face. Dan was wondering what could possibly be the cause of this strange behaviour and he didn’t have to wait long for an answer. In front of Dan’s shocked eyes Chamberlain turned ninety-degrees so that he was side on with the Lieutenant. Chamberlain’s knees buckled and he soon squatted down, the reality of what was happening hit Dan a second before it started.

Dan could only watch as if staring at a car crash as Chamberlain’s body tensed up and his face reddened. Dan’s eyes travelled down to the rear of Chamberlain’s body, as the soldier’s body tensed Dan saw a lump forming and pushing the onesie he was wearing out. A second lump joined the first and Chamberlain grunted as the rear expanded even further. Dan could only stare as the seat of the diaper was forced out to accommodate all of the poop Chamberlain was dropping into it.

When it all seemed over Dan watched as Chamberlain slowly reached his hand behind himself. He pressed the lumpy rear of his diaper against his body and shivered. He stood up and looked at Dan again. The Lieutenant couldn’t mask the shock of watching another man soil his pants right in front of him.

“I… I…” Chamberlain muttered as his eyes grew wide and his bottom lip trembled.

“It’s OK. It’s no-” Dan wanted to reassure his soldier that everything was going to be alright.

Chamberlain burst into tears so suddenly and loudly that Dan stepped back until he was flat against the wall again. He felt a hot burst of urine squirt into his diaper, it might’ve been because of the shock but with his control as weak as it was nobody could know for sure.

Dan watched as Chamberlain, a man he had spent many nights on manoeuvres with, burst into wailing tears after pooping his diaper. Dan could only look on in shock as a couple of the scientists advanced on him and asked if he wanted a diaper change. The young man nodded his head and Dan stayed motionless as he was led away to the changing table.

At the back of the room Dr. Porter was talking with a couple of her colleagues. She was smiling and for some reason it made Dan’s blood boil. Whilst he and his comrades were suffering she was laughing away as if this was all fine, as if she hadn’t trapped all of these men against their wills and broken them.

“Hey!” Dan shouted. Everyone looked his way.

Dan marched across the room with as much authority as he could muster given his state of dress. He felt anger coursing through him. His frustrations and humiliations were threatening to boil over despite knowing there was nothing he could do to improve his situation. He couldn’t end up like one of these baby-minded soldiers without at least trying to fight back.

“It’s time for this to stop!” Dan angrily gesticulated all around him with his hands, “You’ve had your fun and tested your gas now let us out!”

Before Dan could get within arm’s reach of his target security guards walked up alongside him and grabbed his arms to easily restrain him. Dr. Porter and the other scientists laughed and turned back to one another. The red mist had descended for the normally mild-mannered Dan.

“Stop laughing!” Dan screamed. Somewhere else in the room Dan could hear one of his soldiers bursting into tears like a startled toddler.

“I think the cranky baby needs a nap.” One of the scientists said causing the other to laugh anew.

“My dear Lieutenant…” Dr. Porter had a wicked smile on her lips, “You must know that you are never leaving this place as the men you were before.”

Dan looked at the person controlling his fate with horror. He had of course suspected that he wouldn’t be allowed to leave but hearing it said out loud chilled his blood. Dr. Porter stepped forwards with that same smirk, it seemed like all pretence that this wasn’t some evil experiment had dropped, no doubt seeing the soldiers in such compromised positions emboldened the horrible woman.

“You’re holding up remarkably well but it’s no use in the long run. Thanks to you and your little friends we have perfected the formula for our new weapon.” Dr. Porter said cheerily.

“This isn’t legal… This isn’t right!” Dan exclaimed.

“That’s why we’re several hundred feet underground.” Dr. Porter chuckled, “Once I provide my findings to the President we will all be richly rewarded. They will probably find the best care home in the country for you and your men. You may be resisting the effects of this better than others but you’ll succumb. It is inevitable.”

Dan stared in impotent horror. How could this woman be so callous when talking about ruining lives?

“Bloodless combat.” Dr. Porter went on, “We were asked to create a weapon that could render large numbers of enemy troops useless without bloodshed. Blood doesn’t do well for presidential approval ratings after all. We just have a couple more tests to conclude and then we can shut the experiment down. A super dose of the gas that will make all of the effects permanent.”

“Fuck all of you!” Dan yelled as he thrashed against the much stronger grip of the security guards.

“Come on now, Lieutenant. You are helping to develop the next evolution of warfare, a future without the need for bloodshed on the battlefield.” Dr. Porter tilted her head to the side whilst still wearing the same grin, “Look at your friends. Don’t you think you’d be much happier giving in and joining them?”

Dan was fighting a battle internally between the adult side he was desperately clinging on to and the baby side that was threatening to take over. His comrades had already fallen foul of this horrid gas and he feared he would be next. He shook his head in a desperate attempt to clear the creeping thoughts of babyhood from his mind. With a roar of rebellion he spat on the floor at Dr. Porter’s feet.

“You really are just causing yourself more trouble.” Dr. Porter said as she shook her head, “You can’t win. Sedate him and take him to the nursery.”

“Get your hands off me… Don’t you dare… Ouch, hey! What was that!?” Dan felt a syringe go into his neck as he tried to fight off the guards. Almost immediately he felt a coldness spreading over his body.

Limb after limb went numb as the sedative was pushed around Dan’s body with each rapid beat of his heart. He fought for consciousness but ended up slumped over in the hands of the guards, no matter how hard he tried to move his body had gone numb and darkness was invading his vision. The last thing he felt before falling into the blackness of unconsciousness was a rush of heat around his crotch as his bladder emptied into the soft diaper.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

---

---

The first thing Dan became aware of was a pounding headache. The second thing was the noise, it didn’t sound like the common room but it didn’t sound like his cell either. Bravely trying to open his eyes Dan saw bright lights above him, he tried to cover his face but found his wrists strapped to something. He was lying in a bed with his arms and legs strapped to the metal frame.

“W-Where am I?” Dan croaked out through a throat that felt like sandpaper.

As his eyes adjusted Dan realised this wasn’t just an ordinary bed. The sides of the metal frame had thick bars that rose high above the mattress on all sides. Over the top and hanging from the ceiling was a brightly coloured mobile that was tinkling away quietly in the large room. It didn’t take Dan long to realise he was in a crib.

Feeling was returning to Dan’s body slowly and he knew as soon as he could feel his waist that not only was he heavily diapered but the padding was well used. He shifted slightly and felt stickiness holding the diaper to his backside like glue. Dan didn’t know how long he had been lying there but from the state of his diaper he suspected it had been quite a while.

Dan’s head flopped to one side and he saw a row of other cribs. Unlike the crib Dan was lying in all the others had their sides lowered and the other soldiers were playing on the floor. The scene made the Lieutenant shudder. From a cursory glance at the soldiers it seemed that all of them were completely gone mentally.

“Dat’s mine!” Sergeant Davies yelled out as he snatched a toy helicopter from Private Longworth.

Longworth burst into tears as the Sergeant started running around holding the toy in the air and making engine sound. They were all dressed in diapers and camouflage onesies, a mockery of their military backgrounds.

Jones and Chamberlain were both building with large blocks on a table nearby. Chamberlain was sucking on a large pacifier that was clipped to his onesie and Jones was drinking from a bottle. The scariest part about all this was how happy the adult babies looked. Dan felt horror at the prospect of becoming like these people. He could feel fog in his brain, he knew he wasn’t far from losing his mind.

Dan was trying his best to keep his emotions in control as he watched Sergeant Davies running around with his helicopter. The tall brutish man suddenly stopped and squatted in a way that Dan immediately recognised. The gruff man grunted and Dan could see the faraway look in his eyes as he helplessly filled his underpants like a baby. Dan turned his head to look away and found that Jones was standing right next to the crib and looking in. As Dan watched he saw liquid starting to run down the man’s legs and the bottom of his onesie was quickly turning a darker colour. His diaper was leaking as the young man wet himself like a toddler.

Dan swallowed hard as he closed his eyes and tried to remember basic information. He tried to recall his address and his wife’s face but found the pictures in his head blurry, his memories and intelligence was slipping just like all these other grown men. There was no time any more, Dan had to get out of here before he ended up just like the others.

“Jones, can you hear me?” Dan said quietly to the man next to the crib.

Jones was looking down at the puddle forming around his feet but now looked up to see Dan’s imploring eyes. He nodded his head as the bottom of his onesie dripped on to the ever growing puddle.

“Can you untie me?” Dan asked. He tried to keep his voice happy despite his horror at everything that was happening.

“I dunno if I’m spos’ta.” Jones lisped childishly.

“It’ll be OK.” Dan forced a smile across his face, “The doctors said I should get one of you to untie me when I wake up.”

“I dunno.” Jones shrugged and looked like he was about to wonder away. He was eyeing some colouring books with interest.

“If you undo this strap I can come play with you.” Dan said with faux cheerily.

“Pway?” Jones seemed to be giving this some serious thought.

Dan quickly nodded his head and hoped that the baby-brained man would do as he asked. He was sure if he stayed here another day he would end up just like them. He would rather be shot trying to escape then stay here like this.

“Otay!” Jones suddenly said with a big smile curling his lips.

Dan could barely believe his luck as Jones reached in with uncoordinated hands that looked sticky. He fiddled with one of the straps but seemed to get frustrated very quickly and Dan was scared he would get bored and walk away.

“Just press that big button right there.” Dan said encouragingly as if talking to a child, “That’s it. Good boy!”

The straps on Dan’s left arm suddenly slackened as the button was pressed and the Lieutenant wasted no time in reaching over and pressing the button on the strap holding his other arm down. His legs came next and very soon he was kneeling in his crib. His heavy diaper hung low between his legs.

“Now just step on that lever.” Dan said as he reached through the bars and pointed down.

Jones did what he was told and the side of the crib came rattling down allowing Dan to spring out on to the floor. He looked around again to assess the situation.

The room was quite big but most of it’s space was occupied. The big cribs were against one wall and a changing table was against the opposite one. At the rear of the room were five highchairs and Dan shuddered when he saw his name stuck on one of them in brightly coloured stickers. The other wall was mostly bare except for the only door, there were no windows but cameras were in the corners of the room and looking down on the play area. Dan had to hope whoever was monitoring these robotic eyes wasn’t paying much attention.

Dan’s plan was simple. He would pretend to play by the door in his soiled diaper, someone would have to come in soon to check and change the diapers. Dan had some blocks and he wanted to reach over as the door closed and use the block to keep it unlocked and then as soon as whoever came in wasn’t looking he would make a break for it. His chances were slim to none but it was the only shot he had left, if he ended up a drooly pseudo-infant he would never be able to escape and alert people as to what was going on.

The wait was interminable and Dan carefully prepared himself for what felt like hours as he pretended to play. When he finally heard footsteps on the other side of the door he felt his heart rate double. This was it.

The footsteps stopped just outside the door and Dan heard some beeps from what he guessed was a computerised locking system. There was a loud click and then a buzz as the door became unlocked. Dan tried to keep an eye on the door as he played and he saw it open up. It was Dr. Porter stepping inside and as she let the door go behind her Dan took his one and only opportunity. Before the doctor could see what he was doing he quickly picked up a large rectangular block and put it in the doorway against the frame. He watched with baited breath as the door swung closed, it seemed to take an age but it finally hit the block. To Dan’s intense delight the door remained ajar.

“Hmm, it seems our intrepid Lieutenant got out of his crib.” Dr. Porter was looking down at Dan as he resumed playing, “But… you’re playing? Tell me, has the gas finally broken your resistance?”

Dan looked up at the woman who had broken all of his men. He knew what he had to do to. As much as it sickened him to think about he had to make this evil doctor believe he was now nothing more than a baby.

“Are you Mommy?” Dan asked in the highest and most childish voice he could manage, “I did a stinky in my diapie!”

Dan tried not to let the humiliation and shame of what he was doing get to him. He reminded himself that this was all necessary to escape but it still felt like he was betraying himself. Even worse there was a part of his brain that liked it, the part corrupted by the gas seemed to want him to talk and act like a baby more. It wanted to give in and surrender to the infantilism that was poisoning his mind. He was having to work hard to keep the childish thoughts in a box.

“Seems about right.” Dr. Porter snorted contemptuously, “You’ll be happy to know we have now refined the gas. One dose should reduce anyone to a baby now so your sacrifice was not in vain.”

Dan tried to look as clueless as possible as the doctor stood up and started walking deeper into the room. He could barely breathe as the moment to act came to hand. He shifted his weight and climbed up to his knees, the diaper wrapped around his waist crinkled but remained pasted to his butt.

Dan was soon on his feet and Dr. Porter was still walking deeper into the room. She seemed clueless as to what was going on behind her as Dan looked towards the door. There was no time for second thoughts.

Dan took the two steps to the door very quickly and pulled the door open. He kicked the block out into the hallway where it clattered into the wall loudly. Looking out into the hallway Dan suddenly heard a noise from behind him, it was Dr. Porter wheeling around. Dan looked over his shoulder and wished he could capture the look of pure horror on the woman’s face, if he had the opportunity he would’ve stayed in that moment forever.

“No!” Dr. Porter cried out, “Stop!”

Dan had no intention of listening to the evil doctor and he quickly stepped out and closed the door behind him. Dr. Porter had sprinted back towards the door and reached it only as the door fully closed and locked. Dan could see Dr. Porter looking through the window at him with eyes almost as wide as her mouth. She almost imperceptibly shook her head in disbelief. Dan couldn’t savour the sight of the desperate woman for long, he knew this would be seen on cameras and people could be coming at any moment.

“You can’t do this!” Dr. Porter’s voice was audible but muffled by the door between them. Dan could see her pulling on the handle to no effect.

There was a computer next to the door and Dan noticed that Dr. Porter had left her key card in the slot. He saw a menu on the screen with a bunch of options, some looked very technical and he didn’t understand them but some of them seemed very simple. There was one that took his eye and caused a smile to break out across his face.

Dan knew his soldiers were a lost cause thanks to the gas so he felt no hesitation as his finger moved up over the touchscreen to an option that was red and surrounded by warnings. “Initiate Gas” was sitting there and begging to be pressed. Dan who had never been malicious looked through the window at the increasingly desperate doctor and smiled evilly. It seemed to take Dr. Porter a second to realise what was happening.

“No…” Dr. Porter sounded desperate. Her face was contorted with fear, “Please. Let’s talk about this…”

Seeing the veneer of control disappearing from Dr. Porter made Dan feel amazing. The righteous vengeance flowed through Dan’s veins and he had to remind himself that time was of the essence. He pressed the button and immediately heard the speakers in the room crackle to life.

“AB Gas deployment commencing.” Dr. Porter’s own voice read out as a recording through the speakers. Dan smiled wickedly at the irony.

Dr. Porter spun around at the sound of her voice and looked up at the vent where she now knew gas was now coming in. Dan watched her as the realisation that she was about to be hit with the fully powered gas, he didn’t feel an ounce of remorse. As the doctor turned to face the window Dan simply waved at her. After everything she had done Dan was glad to see the terror in her face. Dan saw as Dr. Porter’s face seemed to slacken and her attempts to get out got weaker. Soon she was slumping down the door and on to the ground.

• Like 8
  • 2 weeks later...

Dan is making his escape attempt knowing that if he fails he will never leave that horrible place. Will he make it out? 

---

---

Dan had to resist staying to watch more, it was time to go. He took the time to remove Dr. Porter’s ID card before running as fast as he could up the hallway. As Dan ran he suddenly felt dizzy and had to stop and slump against the wall. He could feel his mind slipping, adult thoughts seemed to drop out of his brain as if his skull was a sieve. He stumbled down to his hands and knees as he thought to keep hold of his maturity.

Putting his hands up to his head he tried to concentrate but found it harder and harder to hold on to his identity. After what felt like minutes of struggle Dan managed to shake off the dizziness and he hurried along the hallway.

Dan unlocked the door at the other end of the hall with the key card. The door swung open and he stepped through it.

The new hallway was busy and there were scientists walking up and down from office to office holding paperwork. In many ways it looked like a regular corridor in an office block except it was many stories underground. The nearest people didn’t even look up for a couple of seconds but when they saw Dan eyes flew wide and panic quickly spread.

“Which way is the exit!?” Dan yelled out. No one responded so he marched forwards and grabbed a particularly small scientist by the scruff of his neck, “How do I get out!?”

The trembling young man pointed to a door at the other end of the hallway. Dan looked at him warningly before letting him go. He pushed through the white-coated men and women as he moved down the hallway as fast as he could go. The messy diaper was increasingly uncomfortable and crinkled with every step but he had to do his best to ignore it.

Dan knew it wouldn’t be long until the guards were after him but he didn’t expect them to be as quick as they were. Almost as soon as Dan had closed the door behind him he heard an alarm going off.

“Warning! Subject has escaped containment. He is considered dangerous. Please avoid until dealt with by the security team.” The voice wasn’t Dr. Porter’s but a deep booming male one that seemed to echo off the walls.

Dan felt like a wild animal who was loose at the zoo and it seemed like the people working here were treating him in a similar way. The door he had just come through led to a staircase that went around the square vertical shaft. The Lieutenant leaned over the edge and looked down, the staircase seemed to go on for a long way and he couldn’t even see the bottom. The scope and size of this underground facility was becoming more and more apparent. When Dan looked up he could barely make out what looked like the top.

As Dan looked up and down the stairwell he felt the dizziness hit again. Images filled his mind of toys and diapers, the nursery he had escaped suddenly felt like it was his goal. His brain became fixated on the feeling of a clean and warm diaper.

“Resist it…” Dan said through clenched teeth to himself, “You are an adult! You have a wife and career…”

“There he is!” A voice from below caught Dan’s attention and he looked down to see some security guards several floors down looking up at him.

Dan immediately came round and started charging up the stairs as fast as he could. The droopy diaper was more than an annoyance now, it had become a liability as it rubbed against him with every step. The inside of the Lieutenant’s thighs were quickly rubbed raw by the outer plastic of the underwear. He couldn’t stop though, stopping would mean failure.

It didn’t take long for Dan to get out of breath after his natural fitness had been stripped away by the treatment he had received. He knew that the security guards were gaining on him so he abandoned the race to the top of the stairs and went through a door and found himself in another corridor. He looked both ways and saw more employees milling around, he almost immediately felt completely lost. With the sound of heavy boots hitting the floor behind him getting closer he chose a direction and started running.

This floor was distinctively different from the one Dan had started on. The scientists were wearing different badges on their white coats and the walls were a different colour. As Dan ran he passed several cages left stacked against the walls. He didn’t have time to stop and wonder what was happening here.

None of the scientists dared try to stop Dan and he was very grateful for that because with his reduced strength he was sure he could be overpowered easily. This corridor was very long and curved around, Dan got the sense that the whole facility was circular and he was essentially running around it’s outer perimeter.

Dan suddenly heard shouted orders coming from in front of him and realised he was about to run into some security guards. He was still hidden thanks to the curve of the hallway. He grabbed the handle of the nearest door and wrenched it open. Dan flung himself inside and slammed the door behind him. The room was pitch black and he put an ear to the door to hear the footsteps run past. As they faded into the distance Dan fumbled on the wall looking for a light switch. He flicked it and the long tube lights along the ceiling flicked on.

“Oh my God…” Dan gasped as he looked around.

The room was full of cages. Every cage was occupied by a naked human who was on all fours and looking at him curiously. They were tilting their heads and some were panting. Dan could tell something wasn’t right here and when he looked up at the ceiling he saw the same vents from the nursery.

“Hello?” Dan said hesitantly.

Dan got a response but it was only in the form of barks and whines as the naked people grabbed at the front of their cages. Dan felt a wave of crushing despair wash over him as he realised that the crazy experiments with regression were far from the only thing they were doing at this evil place. He wanted to help these poor people but knew it would be as impossible as helping his regressed comrades.

“I’m… I’m sorry.” Dan said uselessly, “I can’t help you.”

Dan had no idea if these caged people could understand him but he knew the commotion would be attracting attention. He had to leave before he was trapped in here. Dan opened the door and went back out into the well-lit corridor. He started running again.

Dan skidded to a halt in front of a door which seemed to offer salvation. Unlike all the uniform wooden doors this one was two metal sliding doors that met in the middle. It was an elevator and Dan quickly started hammering on the “up” button.

“Come on… come on… come on…” Dan bounced on his feet in agitation as he waited for the elevator to reach him. It felt like the security guards were close by and it was only a matter of time before he was found.

The thoughts of babyhood encroached on him yet again. It was getting harder and harder to force them back into the box that they seemed to have sprung out of. For a fleeting second Dan felt like it had taken over his whole brain, he felt out of control for just a moment.

“Need… Mommy…” Dan reached up and clamped his hand over his mouth. He hadn’t said that but the words definitely came out of his mouth. He felt like bursting into tears.

From down the corridor there was a commotion and Dan realised the guards that were chasing him were quickly catching up. The barking of the humans in the dark room had no doubt told them which way to run. Dan was still left standing in front of the sliding metal doors fighting off his thoughts and begging for them to open.

At last there was a small ding and the doors slid open. Almost simultaneously Dan heard rushing footsteps and raised voices. He stepped into the elevator and looked at the buttons on the control panel, at the very top was a big letter G that Dan had to assume mean “Ground”. Dan rapidly pressed the button. Then fell back against the back of the elevator trying to clear the cobwebs that occupied his brain and made it hard to think.

The doors slid closed just in time and Dan heard hammering on the door as the elevator started heading up. For the first time Dan thought he really had a chance of making it though he was sure the whole place was on the highest alert.

This facility was like Hell on Earth. Dan wondered how many people were being experimented on in these floors that he was now flying past, he wondered what was going on down here and if it was truly known by the highest powers. Dan had never been a blind patriot but he would never have expected anything like this. His diaper was now incredibly messy, all the running around had broken up the padding and it felt like every inch of the inside of the diaper was coated in the muck.

Dan expected the elevator to be stopped with every floor he passed but miraculously he got to the surface without interruption. He steeled himself and expected a welcoming party but as the elevator dinged and the doors slid open he saw only a single guard talking to a scientist and not paying any attention to the doors behind him. For an organisation so efficient at ruining lives they clearly had never counted on someone escaping.

Dan stepped out of the elevator and looked to the left. His heart leapt as he saw daylight for the first time since he had been taken inside this place. He was quickly running out of energy but used his final burst to charge out towards the sunlight. He heard more shouting from behind and in front of him. There were two guards at the exit of the tunnel he was coming through and they saw him coming. They were quickly trying to get their weapons out of their holsters.

“Halt!” One of them yelled firmly.

Dan hadn’t come this far to be stopped when he was so close to escape. He started charging forwards and yelling, he was going to bowl straight through them and get out of here. He was so close.

Three feet from the guards Dan’s mind suddenly went blank. His plans disappeared into the wind like dust and no matter how much he clawed and grasped them they were falling away uncontrollably. Dan dropped down to his knees with the guards pointing their weapons at him. The Lieutenant grabbed at his head as he felt his very identity slipping through his fingers. He couldn’t fight it anymore, the adulthood slipped away completely until Dan was left with nothing to clutch on to.

“Diapie poopy!” Dan looked up at the guards with a vacant look on his face, “I wanna change!”

The guards looked at each other and then down at Dan who from their point of view had gone from a dangerous escapee to a harmless baby in just a couple of seconds. They slowly lowered and then holstered their weapons as they relaxed and stood up straight again. They started chuckling to each other.

“Are you Daddy?” Dan asked innocently. As soon as he finished speaking one of his fingers went up his nose as he picked at it without any shame.

The guards turned away and spoke on their radio for a few seconds whilst Dan looked around confused. Despite the regression taking over there was a tiny part of Dan still inside trying to fight, he just didn’t seem able to control his body at all.

“Take him back to the nursery.” The order came down through the radio to the two guards who were once again watching Dan with amusement.

The guards walked around and each grabbed Dan under an arm. They pulled him backwards erasing the progress Dan had made in his thwarted escape attempt. As Dan was dragged the last vestiges of adulthood flared one final time. Having almost no control of his body Dan did the only small act of defiance left open to him. He pushed down and emptied fresh excrement into his already heavily soiled diaper, he knew someone would have to change him and he had made their job that little bit more unpleasant.

As the poop fell out of Dan’s bowels and smeared inside the diaper the baby side took over completely. Whilst dragged backwards down the hall Dan was finally defeated.

---

“It’s unacceptable!” The bald man yelled at the gathering of scientists in front of him, “Do you know how close he was to escaping?”

“Yes, Sir, but…” One of the scientists started.

“Do you know how many billions have been pumped into this place?” The bald man continued, “I was made chairman of this facility because I promised I could deliver results and keep this quiet.”

“Mr. Livermore, please…” A bespectacled scientist spoke up, “The secret is safe and there was no harm done.”

Mr. Livermore sneered and looked over to the security guards standing in front of the door. After a short pause he nodded his head almost imperceptibly, two of the guards immediately sprang forwards and advanced on the scientist who had spoken up.

“What are you… No! Hey! Please!” The scientist pleaded as his arms were grabbed by the guard and dragged towards the door.

“Take him to one of the test cells.” Mr. Livermore said remorselessly.

“No! Anything but that!” The scientist screamed desperately.

Mr. Livermore remained silent and simply watched as the man was dragged away. The other scientists in the room watched in shocked silence, not one of them dared to move or speak up for their colleague. The chairman of the facility knew he basically had a blank cheque to do whatever he liked in this place.

The scientist shouted and screamed as he was dragged through the door and down the hallway. As the door closed his protestations were drowned out. Mr. Livermore stayed quiet and let the tension grow until it was almost unbearable. The lights in the room were dim but he could see several of the white coats were sweating.

“Anyone else have anything to say about the incident?” Mr. Livermore asked the silent room.

The scientists remained silent and looking at the ground. Mr. Livermore again paused to let the tension build, his ex-wife had described him as a “sadistic bastard” and he didn’t disagree but rather than see it as a negative he considered it an advantage in a tough field. You had to be tough to do this job otherwise it would crush you.

“Security has been lax.” Mr. Livermore said to the room, “Too many people took it for granted that this place was inescapable so from now on we will be doubling security. We will not have any more lapses. Am I clear?”

The assembled scientists murmured their ascent. This kind of power made Mr. Livermore feel invincible and he felt utterly unstoppable. It was like a drug for him, having people fear him was intoxicating.

“Alright, back to your stations.” Mr. Livermore finally said. He smirked as he saw the scientists rush for the door as if there had been a bomb threat. None of them wanted to spend a minute more than they had to in his presence, “Simmons! You stay.”

A nervous young scientist looked from his comrade to Mr. Livermore. He swallowed and shook slightly as he stopped by the door. The other scientists gave the young man a pitying look as they left to continue whichever unethical experiments they were involved with.

Mr. Livermore remained at the front of the room on his small platform. He didn’t move a muscle until the final people left the room and the door closed leaving him alone with the young Simmons. He stepped down and walked towards the young man with purpose.

“Simmons.” Mr. Livermore said loudly.

“S-Sir?” Simmons was like a mouse caught in the glare of a cat, “You wanted to see me?”

“You’ve taken over from Porter.” Mr. Livermore clapped Simmons on the back, “Congratulations on your promotion.”

“Th-Thank you, Sir.” Simmons smiled nervously. In many ways it was a poisoned chalice, these department heads either did their job perfectly or disappeared.

“Walk with me.” Mr. Livermore said. He started walking to the door before Simmons had a chance to respond.

Mr. Livermore strode down the hallway in silence with Simmons trailing him. Everyone they walked past either bowed towards the terrifying chairman of this clandestine base or hurried away into their labs or offices. Mr. Livermore walked into an elevator and Simmons joined him though it was obvious he wished he could make his own way down.

The elevator started descending with the two people in the lift remaining in silence. Simmons wouldn’t dare talking unless he was asked to whereas Mr. Livermore seemed impervious to how awkward it was.

Once the elevator hit the correct floor the doors slid open and Mr. Livermore stepped out without a look back at Simmons. The two men walked down the hall until Mr. Livermore turned in to a room with a bank of monitors on one of the walls. There were other scientists in the darkly lit room and when they saw who their visitor was they quickly started working harder.

“Simmons, give me a status report.” Mr. Livermore suddenly barked.

Simmons jumped at the suddenly loud voice and he swallowed nervously. In the low light of the room the sweat glistened on his skin. He had been recruited straight out of college, they hadn’t told him what the job entailed but said that it was top secret and that he would be serving his country. Simmons was no great patriot but when he saw the salary he couldn’t turn the work down even if it meant moving across the country and living on base. A few years of work here and he was sure he could get a transfer to a different area that let him have more of a life.

“W-Well, Sir, the soldiers are all fully regressed after Dr. Porter and the team refined the experimental gas.” Simmons stated. In truth he wasn’t sure what the boss wanted to hear so he was trying to be as general as possible.

“What about our intrepid explorer?” Mr. Livermore asked as he leaned closer to the monitor.

Lieutenant Dan Long was shown as clear as day on one of the monitors. He was currently lying in his crib without restraints and asleep. His diaper was very clearly yellowed from a recent wetting and he was cuddling with a little brown teddy bear.

“After he was re-captured he was given a concentrated dose of the gas.” Simmons picked up a small file on one of the desks and flicked through the paper, “He was knocked out for a while and when he came round he was just like the others.”

“Are you sure he isn’t faking it?” Mr. Livermore asked as he turned his stern face towards Simmons.

“Sir?” Simmons frowned.

“Dr. Porter was fooled when he pretended to be regressed.” Mr. Livermore sighed and shook his head, “I want to be sure we don’t have a repeat of that little episode.”

“According to all our scans his brain is operating on the same level as the other soldiers.” Simmons quickly said, “He has been extensively tested physically and in interview. There is no sign of him faking his condition.”

“Good.” Mr. Livermore nodded as he looked back to the screen, “You know I admire him somewhat. Against hopeless odds he resisted and attempted to escape. He showed a lot of bravery, something our security certainly lacked when facing him. It’s a shame he is on that side of the door, he surpassed expectations and would’ve been a great leader for our guards.”

Simmons didn’t know if he should agree or if the silence following the chairman’s words was meant to be filled at all. The scientist looked down at his papers and pretended to read some information whilst hoping Mr. Livermore would take the initiative with the conversation again.

“How about poor Dr. Porter?” Mr. Livermore finally asked as he took a step to the side and looked at the next monitor.

On the screen was Dr. Porter. She was similarly dressed, diapered and lying in a crib. Unlike the soldiers who looked dead to the world the former scientist was tossing and turning as she apparently experienced a nightmare. She had a pink pacifier in her mouth that she seemed to be chewing as whatever terror in her sleep tormented her.

“Dr. Porter received a full dose of the gas during the escape.” Simmons bit his lip. He wasn’t sure if he was delivering bad news to the chairman but he assumed he already knew, “She was fully regressed almost immediately. According to our tests she is in the same place mentally as the other soldiers. Curiously though, whilst the soldiers play happily and show no unhappiness Dr. Porter is constantly withdrawn and rarely interacts with the others.”

“A shame.” Mr. Livermore said suddenly. Simmons wasn’t exactly sure which part the chairman thought was a shame, “A very fine mind lost due to her own complacency.”

Simmons looked at the final page of the papers he had picked up and didn’t know if he should bring up what it said. He could improve his position if Mr. Livermore wanted to hear it but if he didn’t then the consequences could be devastating. The events of the meeting upstairs and the scientist being dragged away was still very clear in his mind.

“Sir?” Simmons tentatively said, “There is one other thing…”

“Hmm?” Mr. Livermore grunted without looking away from the monitors.

“You say they would both be assets to us.” Simmons was regretting this already but it was too late to turn back, “There… There’s no evidence yet that the process couldn’t be reversed.”

“What are you saying?” Mr. Livermore turned around and walked over to Simmons who seemed to tremble more the closer his boss got.

“I-If you w-wanted, Sir…” Simmons swallowed hard, “We could try to create a cure for the gas. We could maybe recruit the Lieutenant and bring Dr. Porter back.”

Mr. Livermore stared at Simmons impassively. Simmons couldn’t maintain eye contact and almost felt like he was physically shrinking under the intimidating man’s stare. More than anything he wished the chairman would just leave, initiative in a lot of organisations was valued but here it could land you in a lot of trouble.

“Could you do that whilst starting up the next project?” Mr. Livermore asked.

“No, Sir.” Simmons conceded, “We’d need the whole team to work on a cure and I don’t know how long it could take… I can’t even be sure it’s possible.”

Mr. Livermore paused for only the briefest of moments. Simmons dared to look up and for just a second thought he saw Mr. Livermore looking unsure, it wasn’t something he had ever seen before in the usually resolute chairman.

“Then you will close down this project as planned.” Mr. Livermore said simply, “The weapon is a success and will be deployed soon. Congratulations, you and your team will be handsomely rewarded.”

Mr. Livermore smiled as he held out one of his large hands. Simmons’s much more feminine hand trembled as he extended it for a handshake. Mr. Livermore clasped it hard and pulled the scientist close until the chairman’s mouth was right next to the scientist’s ear. Simmons’s eyes opened wide in fear.

“If I ever want your suggestions I will ask for them.” Mr. Livermore growled, “Do your fucking job and shut your damn mouth.”

Simmons gulped as the chairman finally let go of his hand and turned towards the door. His face was twisted into a smile that didn’t hide the cold stare coming from his piercing eyes. He straightened his tie and walked out without a look back leaving Simmons shaking on the spot and on the verge of tears.

The other scientists in the room shared glances and looked back at their young boss but quickly resumed work. Simmons took a deep steadying breath and ignored the looks he was getting. He walked over to the monitors himself and looked at his predecessor. Dr. Porter was in the crib still but now she was sitting up and rubbing her eyes.

Simmons watched as she put her hands to her belly. Dr. Porter climbed to her shaky feet and squatted down whilst holding on to the bars. Her large diapered rear was pointing in the cameras direction and as Simmons watched she seemed to squat lower. A bulge suddenly appeared in the seat of her onesie as the diaper pushed out, it was clear she was having a very messy accident.

The only thing Simmons felt was relief. His predecessor was pooping herself in a crib because of an error she made and he would simply have to avoid doing the same thing. He looked at the other monitor where Dan was still asleep and apparently blissfully unaware of his situation. Simmons shivered as he imagined himself in such a horrid situation.

In the nursery Dan slept on. His diaper was wet and would be changed after he woke from his nap. The only things on his mind were when his next meal would be fed to him and when he could go back to playing. In his dreams he had remarkably vivid but crazy visions of a different life. There was a beautiful young woman, a little detached house and a barking dog. The scene shifted to a football game where he was laughing and surrounded by people he seemed to know and then it was an elderly couple waving from a cosy little cottage. All things Dan would wake up and forget about, a different life that no longer existed for him.

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Elfy said:

“Simmons.” Mr. Livermore said loudly

“S-Sir?” Simmons was like a mouse caught in the glare of a cat, “You wanted to see me?

“You’ve taken over from Porter.” Mr. Livermore clapped Simmons on the back, “Congratulations on your promotion.

“Th-Thank you, Sir.” Simmons smiled nervously. In many ways it was a poisoned chalice, these department heads either did their job perfectly or disappeared.

Mr. Livermore = Darth Vader

Feels like a conclusion. Excellent and very original story!