LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

salsa pizza

Tonight im making myself a salsa pizza.Been thinking about it for along time.Im taking pace salsa and purrejng it and thats what im using as my sauce.Anyone ever done this?

• Like 1

No, but I have been recently thinking of it. It would probably work best with either beefo or chourico (Portuguese hot spicy sausage) and Monterey or Mexican jack; although the mozirella/parasan mix may be OK, too

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, waynecook52 said:

Tonight im making myself a salsa pizza.Been thinking about it for along time.Im taking pace salsa and purrejng it and thats what im using as my sauce.Anyone ever done this?

Sounds delicious!?? I love pizza, especially Italian!??❤️??

50 minutes ago, Little Christine said:

No, but I have been recently thinking of it. It would probably work best with either beefo or chourico (Portuguese hot spicy sausage) and Monterey or Mexican jack; although the mozirella/parasan mix may be OK, too

That will make your butt burn when you poop it out, especially if you poop it out in a diaper!

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Little Christine said:

Sure would be nice if i could eat portchuguste hot sausage.Heck i have to eat the mild salsa now.My mind says HOT but my stumice says,NO NO NO 

Yup, Sadies salsa, and Hatch chopped green chilies for the sauce, then sauteed green peppers and onions, and some cooked chicken breast.   15 min in the oven, depending on the crust you are using - then top with shredded cheddar cheese.  back in the oven for another 5 min - till the cheese melts.  Chicken Fajita Pizza.

1 hour ago, bottlestop said:

Yup, Sadies salsa, and Hatch chopped green chilies for the sauce, then sauteed green peppers and onions, and some cooked chicken breast.   15 min in the oven, depending on the crust you are using - then top with shredded cheddar cheese.  back in the oven for another 5 min - till the cheese melts.  Chicken Fajita Pizza.

Lord wish i could eat all you just said

• Like 1

I would think that salsa would be to runny/watery to use as a sauce for pizza. Pizza sauce, as a base for other toppings has to be thick, so when grease and such from other toppings get added during baking, the whole thing does'nt fall apart, or you end up with a soggy crust. It 'sounds' tasty, butI think ( since I work with this food) that if you really want to do this, either add a thickener, such as flour or corn starch, or heat the salsa to help remove some of the water before use. 'maybe' before pureeing, or possibly after. All I know is that you DO NOT want a runny watery sauce under all your toppings and cheese.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Though there is pretty much a consensus that pizza as we know it goes back to the late 19th century, there is also evidence that something so similar was used as a breakfast by some ancient Greeks. This consisted of some kind of flat bread that was set to baking at beadtime over the embers of the fire along with the other items to cook overnight and it was made up for breakfast. Bear in mind that the breadkfast as we know it did not exist before the late 19th century. Prior to that, breakfast was a full-sie meal and eaten after the morning chores. Also the ancients did not have tomatoes so just what sauce was used I have no idea. I have had a Greek lasagna and the sauce is very different. The ancients did have cheese and meat, either pork of lamb and fish

Just now, square_duck said:

I would think that salsa would be to runny/watery to use as a sauce for pizza. Pizza sauce, as a base for other toppings has to be thick, so when grease and such from other toppings get added during baking, the whole thing does'nt fall apart, or you end up with a soggy crust. It 'sounds' tasty, butI think ( since I work with this food) that if you really want to do this, either add a thickener, such as flour or corn starch, or heat the salsa to help remove some of the water before use. 'maybe' before pureeing, or possibly after. All I know is that you DO NOT want a runny watery sauce under all your toppings and cheese.

I have seen some pretty thick salss used for dipping There is also cheese salsa. I have used these salsas for pasta and rice dishes. Salsa has become as mainstream as ketchup

Not to get to much into food history, butwel, in Europe, tomatos were thought to be poisonous!!! So they avoided those. 

Going back further, into ancient Greek an Roman times (warning!, this might gross some people out!)  I thing it was the Greeks who used to make a sauce that was recently ( last 10 years or so) that was a complete delicasy! 

If I remember correctly, it was possibly something like the Korean Kimchi, except instead of vegatables, the Greeks used fish guts....( Yeah) that were mixed with assorted spices/herbs, then fermented in the large urns associated with Greek pottery (amphoras) for a x amount if time....then served....with ( insert item here). This "item" has been mentioned in various places in ancient texts ( I think) but has been elusive as to its "recipe" or contents, but was thought at that time, to be one of the highest of delicasies, and much sought after.....dont ask me why. 

As I said,it might have been Roman..... Not sure, since Roman culture is also quite a mystery....

Just a little bit of culinary culture and history, that you never knew you wanted to know, but are sure to never try???

qwack

Ok edit: I found it...it was called "Garum" ...heres the wiki link:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garum

5 hours ago, square_duck said:

I would think that salsa would be to runny/watery to use as a sauce for pizza. Pizza sauce, as a base for other toppings has to be thick, so when grease and such from other toppings get added during baking, the whole thing does'nt fall apart, or you end up with a soggy crust.

Sadies Salsa, or their Green Chili sauce are not too watery.  Also, don't put too much on, much like putting on regular pizza sauce.  I don't want to put a link here to their site, you can order Sadies on line.  Its New Mexico style, meaning they use Hatch chilies; different than TexMex stuff that uses jalapenos.  Mexican food is like Italian food, many versions depending on locale.  In New Mexico, the catch phrase in a Mexican restaurant is "red, green, or christmas".   Do you want red chili, green chili, or both.  Also, in New Mexico enchiladas are typically stacked like pancakes, with a fried egg on top.  And, sopapillas usually come with the meal - they are great with a little honey to cool your mouth off between bites.

About fish gut sauce, that was the original "ketchup" in Asia, from which we derived musrhoom and tomato ketchup. Back in the day, and in most of Asia today, they used every bid of what they had. It would not surpise me if the same were true in pre-20th century Europe and the Americas. In the age of cattle drives, a delicacy of the cowboys was fried cattle brain sandwiches. Of the pork industry it was said "the use the whole pig from the tail to the squeak". Condoms were made of sheep intestines and were provided by the prostitutes of the American West to their customers. I am unreliably informed that in the Pandemic of 2285, Japanese Neo-Sam prized face maks made from the flesh of the invading Chinese soldiers because it was believed that the invaders were secretly immunized against the bio-warfare virus Wowyuded that was ravaging the world

Tostitos has a pretty thick salsa in both regular and cheese. Another topping you could use is beans

19 hours ago, square_duck said:

It sure as hell was mot runny after I pureed it.Came out just as thick as tomato sauce.

• Thanks 1

There used to be a local sub shop chain (Harley's in Baltimore) that had a "San Antonio Pie."   It was advertised as "something like a pizza, only better."   Essentially, it was a pizza crust with chili on top of it.

I mix Newmans pineapple salsa with hot Ajvar.  Sliced onions ,peppers ,chorizo ,chicken or shrimp,spinach,mushrooms with mild cheddar,gruyere and smoked provolone on pizza .I like to eat ,and i don't mind a "hot mess" if it tastes good to me .

6 hours ago, Amyuser said:

I mix Newmans pineapple salsa with hot Ajvar.  Sliced onions ,peppers ,chorizo ,chicken or shrimp,spinach,mushrooms with mild cheddar,gruyere and smoked provolone on pizza .I like to eat ,and i don't mind a "hot mess" if it tastes good to me .

Good God!!! ? no wonder your incontinant!!!! You burned and destroyed your entire system!!! Nothing could survive all that!!!

• Haha 1
On 5/21/2021 at 8:06 PM, waynecook52 said:

Sure would be nice if i could eat portchuguste hot sausage.Heck i have to eat the mild salsa now.My mind says HOT but my stumice says,NO NO NO 

There is a mild form of chourico and another mild sausage; linguica, has mostly a garlic flavor. As to chourico, I recommend Gaspar's they ship nationwide from New Bedford and have three kinds of chourico. mild, regular and hot. The mild actually tastes like chourico but leaves the flame thrower in the car

On 5/30/2021 at 4:39 PM, Little Christine said:

There is a mild form of chourico and another mild sausage; linguica, has mostly a garlic flavor. As to chourico, I recommend Gaspar's they ship nationwide from New Bedford and have three kinds of chourico. mild, regular and hot. The mild actually tastes like chourico but leaves the flame thrower in the car

Thanks i will give them a try

Mmmm, mexican pizza sounds good. So does salsa pizza. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, so bon appetit! let us know how it turns out! Also if you want to ensure a butt-burn or diaper-burn, toss in some ghost peppers. Or red reapers. ??️

48 minutes ago, Cute_Kitten said:

Mmmm, mexican pizza sounds good. So does salsa pizza. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, so bon appetit! let us know how it turns out! Also if you want to ensure a butt-burn or diaper-burn, toss in some ghost peppers. Or red reapers. ??️

HELL can frezze over befor I ever  eat ghost peppers again

7 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Again?  You mean you were fooli... brave enough to eat one in the first place?

My eyes where running,my nose was running and smoke was comming out my ears