What Covid Level Are You At?

What Covid Level Are You At?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What Covid Level Are You At?

• Full Quarantine, stay away!
    • Mask and six feet works for me.
    • Got vaccinated, feeling fine!
    • Not worried, go about your business.
    • It's a hoax, go ahead and breathe on me!

34 minutes ago, nonny said:

What is the matter with you people who are denying the largest public health tragedy in your country, and the world, in a century?

Are you incapable of basic human empathy? Half a million people in your country are dead. Every one of them had a name and a family. They include everyone from beloved grandparents, to elected Republican officials, to music legends.

Your death toll is now like having a 9/11 scale catastrophe every day, day after day after day, for six straight months.

The life expectancy in your country has fallen by 1 to 3 years, depending on what demographic group you are in. There is no precedent for this in our lifetime.

It is people exactly like you who are responsible for half of this total. Your country has more than twice the death rate of most other Western democracies  because you are — alongside many fine and good things — a country of staggering anti-science ignorance and extremist individualism. Half of your death toll, a quarter of a million unnecessarily dead people, is the direct result.

I will be honest, and tell you that I don't believe most of the reported death tolls from Covid. No I don't think they are over reported, I believe that nearly every country is massively under reporting them. 

11 hours ago, feralfreak said:

this "pandemic" has a lower death rate than the flu, its insane. i know 4 people that had it, as far as i know, and an online friends mom had it, out of the 5 only one has died, and she was ,,,,, how can i saw this,,,,,,, of a very wise age, (brother in laws grandmother), and not surprisingly she was in a nursing home.

The pandemic has claimed 530,000 lives in a year, where the common flu resulted in an estimated 22,000 lives lost.

My mom just got the call to get her first shot tomorrow. Hopefully I will be in the next group (40+ with underlying conditions)

• Thanks 1
58 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

The pandemic has claimed 530,000 lives in a year, where the common flu resulted in an estimated 22,000 lives lost.

My mom just got the call to get her first shot tomorrow. Hopefully I will be in the next group (40+ with underlying conditions)

i have to disagree, a lot of deaths were attributed to covid that had nothing to do with it, and i dont remember the percentages but covid had a lower one, i guess we will have to agree to disagree

1 hour ago, DailyDi said:

Thanks!  Nice to see some sane people here who believe the facts and not false rhetoric.

• Like 1

Here's what frustrates me. They are saying that even if you get the vaccine that we should still stay under lockdown, wear masks and social distance because "we do not know how other strains of the virus will effect the vaccinated population". If this virus is going to continue having more strains and getting vaccinated wont help, than what that tells me is that it's essentially incurable and if it's incurable what do they expect us to do? Do they expect us to be locked down forever? businesses closed indefinitely? people losing their jobs indefinitely? it just feels like a totalitarian political move at that point. It gives a feeling of hopelessness that things will never open back up because of something that we can't get rid of.

I am considered "high risk" by my doctors, but if I have a future of perpetual lockdown to look forward to, honestly I'd rather COVID take my life.

I want to see my family again,

I want to go out somewhere with my wife again,

I don't want to feel trapped,

It's been months.

2 hours ago, feralfreak said:

i have to disagree, a lot of deaths were attributed to covid that had nothing to do with it, and i dont remember the percentages but covid had a lower one, i guess we will have to agree to disagree

With sources and facts as strong as that how can anyone disagree :D

Covid is a lot worse than the flu and calling it just a regular flu or something is insulting the millions that have died across the world, the millions who have lost jobs as well. There's a reason the flu goes around every year and everything stays normal whereas this closed everything down. It isn't just the deaths either. There is a significant amount of people for whom the effects of covid stay long after the illness is over. It can be hugely damaging even when survived.

My wife got her vaccine earlier in the week. Still waiting for the call for mine but it might be a while yet since I'm not in any vulnerable group. I would urge everyone to get vaccinated when they can, there is no reason not to.

• Like 2

I am all about the freedom of choice. I won't get this vaccine but if you want to. More power to you! Personally this MRNA is way to new, and our scientist\medical professionals have no idea what its going to do to you in the long term.

• Like 1

I assume they tested every dead person and when they were positive for covid they put that as the cause
With all the dead they didn't have time for anything else
Maybe they didn't even test and they just put covid as the cause

I was thinking not to post on this topic as I can get out of hand but my thoughts are my own opinion ad the others who have posted above me and the ones who will post below me are their own opinions.  I respect all who have spoken.  It is your choice.

Now for me I voted on I do believe this whole thing is a hoax.  Now that is my thoughts and opinion  As for those saying what about the death toll well here is something that I have looked into.  What if the media is not telling us the whole truth?

What if all the Covid death cases are from other means of death like heart attack or car accident though reported as Covid.  To raise the death count?  That is one thing.

Another thing is where is the stats on the Flu Pneumonia deaths.  People still die from those 2 but there are no stats on that topic.

As for this Vaccine first people believed they rushed to create it.  Well first your immune system was created by a certain creator.  I will not go into religion here as there is all walks of life here who believe differently.  But I am one of a certain GOD.  I believe that this so called Vaccine is part of the end of days belief where it is part of the mark of the devil.  it changes your DNA which GOD created.  If you believe in GOD if you do not that is your opinion.  I respect your opinion.

NOW For the Shocker I only wear a mask when I bring my mother to her Dr. appointments or if I have to take her to the ER which lately has been a lot.  Other wise the public stores can kiss my #*($.  

Those who believe they can mandate a person to wear a mask well might want to read the constitution of the united states.  As when our Gov forces a person to wear something against our will they are then breaking the law.

Now remember this this is all my own thoughts.  @DailyDi created this pole to see what our thoughts where.  these are my thoughts. I respect each and everyones opinion on the matter and I hope you can respect mine.

@rusty pinsI respect you totally.  I could only read part of your comment as it was long and bunched up.  But I do respect you.

@rusty pins and I am not pissed!  There is no reason to be pissed.  It is your thoughts.

• Like 1

I’ve always been more of the “mask isn’t to protect me, it’s to protect you.” Working in a hotel, I get people from all over. I was also one of the fortunate ones that not only had a job, but had a guaranteed 40 hours a week. (Sometimes more.). 

I wasn’t too frustrated with the restrictions, aside from losing a few business that were open 24/7. I don’t stick my head out anymore than I have to, even before all this started.  If it’s offered, I’ll go last because I know people who need it worse than I do. 

• Like 2

South África is on adjusted level 1 meaning life runs pretty much as normal except alcohol Sales are Only Monday to Thursday, and there is a midnight to 4AM curfew as in stay at home. The Police Minister sparked some controversy by suggesting New Years Eve curfew of 9PM meant in bed. It was a miscommunication that government quickly moved to put right.

There is meant to be a masks in públic places mandate and ir was very good yesterday to see  almost everybody wearing it properly,  as opposed to on their chin in case they need to go in a shop where it is compulsory. 

Vaccines started here a féw weeks ago and yesterday there were total 118000 healthcare workers vaccinated. 

I pretty much stay home because theres nowhere to go. University is open but not  the society I am involved with.  I do walk up tô the university for exercise now.

Churches have been allowed open for a whole but mine met in person for the first time since December last week.  We Only have one in person serviçe a month and otherwise its each week in home groups.