LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Stepped on a nail

I stepped on a nail this morning, part of a dismantled chair upstairs. I hobbled downstairs bleeding, and my father helped wash it and bandage it. Now I'm waiting for a call from the doctor to let me know if I need a tetanus booster.

1 hour ago, Elbs said:

I stepped on a nail this morning, part of a dismantled chair upstairs. I hobbled downstairs bleeding, and my father helped wash it and bandage it. Now I'm waiting for a call from the doctor to let me know if I need a tetanus booster.

@Elbs

OWWWW - Feel better ***HUGS***

Brian

Thanks, guys.

I got a shot just in case, since my last one was 5 years ago, but I think it's probably OK. The nail wasn't rusty or outside, so it's lower risk.

The pain really sucks, though.

• Like 2

It's not rust that gives you tetanus, it's dirt. Your likelihood of getting it with a last shot 5 years ago and a booster is virtually nil. The reason people used to think it came from rust was because farmers who would walk around barefoot would get it after stepping on a rusty rake or something. The tetanus gets pushed up into a deep crevice with a puncture wound, but your body is already making the antibodies again, so you're good. 

• Thanks 1

Ouch! I know what that's like I've stepped on a nail before: 

I was walking around outside in bare feet when I was like 12 and there was a plank of wood with a big nail in it and I trod on it and it went right through my foot, wasn't a pleasant experience. 

On 1/21/2021 at 5:23 PM, warpiper said:

It's not rust that gives you tetanus, it's dirt. Your likelihood of getting it with a last shot 5 years ago and a booster is virtually nil. The reason people used to think it came from rust was because farmers who would walk around barefoot would get it after stepping on a rusty rake or something. The tetanus gets pushed up into a deep crevice with a puncture wound, but your body is already making the antibodies again, so you're good. 

I was today years old that tetanus was not related to punctures from metal.  "Tetanus is an infection caused by a bacterium called Clostridium tetani. Spores of tetanus bacteria are everywhere in the environment, including soil, dust, and manure."

On 1/23/2021 at 8:17 AM, PoPoDiaperFetish said:

I was today years old that tetanus was not related to punctures from metal.  "Tetanus is an infection caused by a bacterium called Clostridium tetani. Spores of tetanus bacteria are everywhere in the environment, including soil, dust, and manure."

that explains why i got a shot in '12 when i fell outside and cut my left paw on a rock, was a bit curious why they did that, thought they was being overreactive at the er(needed stitches)

Yup....been there too. Stepped on a nail in a board while wandering through a house under construction.....long ago...I was....oh hell..maybe 6-7.. Ish. I remember it went through my shoe intp my foot....O*U*C*H!!!., But for some reason it didn't bother me, guess I didn't care....I think I got a shot..... Not sure, but I DO remember stepping on that thing....?

Hope you get betters!!! ?