LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I wanna take the leap.

I finally think I want to commit to detraining. I just need to find a place I can go where I can safely do so. I've considered a few options in the way of where I would stay that would be open and accepting of my lifestyle.

What do you all think? Any suggestions or ways I should pursue this?~

I dont really understand, in which direction your question is going. If you wanna untrain your potty skills, then just do so and wear diapers 24/7. What exactly is holding you back in your current lifestyle to do so?

Un-Training takes lots of Time, practice, patience, and Money.

And some Guts...

You can start small, or go full speed and stop whenever you need to.

You'll still have full control for a long time.

When you start bed-wetting you'll know you're getting close...

I agree with the others I think.  Don't try to leap.  Move to wearing full-time gradually, and learn how to do that over time.  The un-training will probably just happen gradually once you're comfortable with being in nappies all the time.  It did with me, anyway, although I've actually no idea whether I've lost any control or not, as I've not tried to control my wetting at all for the past 2 years.

• Like 1

I can tell you for years I focus on trying to lose control.... After a while I realized the more I focused on it the more control I had. Once you just make it a routine of strapping on the diaper all the time and stop romanticizing over it you will find you have more unconscious accidents. Honest at this point I can hardly ever remember consciously wetting. Many times I know I remember wetting I just cant remember when.

• Like 2

If you *think* you want to commit to detraining, then I'm going to advise against it.  The negatives are real, and huge.  If you *need* to do it, then I support you, but you can't *think* it. 

Thinking you want it is a fantasy.  It's fun as hell, and there's not a damned thing wrong with that!  You should have fun with it, as a fantasy.  When it ceases to be a fantasy, you'll know it.  It will drive you.  It won't be 'fun.'  It will be necessary.  Doing it won't be exciting, it will be freeing.

Do you want it, or do you need it?  Many here can help with either, but they're completely different.  Which is it?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, mahleedl said:

If you *think* you want to commit to detraining, then I'm going to advise against it.  The negatives are real, and huge.  If you *need* to do it, then I support you, but you can't *think* it. 

Thinking you want it is a fantasy.  It's fun as hell, and there's not a damned thing wrong with that!  You should have fun with it, as a fantasy.  When it ceases to be a fantasy, you'll know it.  It will drive you.  It won't be 'fun.'  It will be necessary.  Doing it won't be exciting, it will be freeing.

Do you want it, or do you need it?  Many here can help with either, but they're completely different.  Which is it?

Good point here. There is a big difference between need and want.

@Kemily

I would make the decision based on whether you think it would be a good idea for you, based on your current living situation, because you would want a situation that would ALLOW you to "detrain" yourself.  The WORST thing you can do is to begin the process without realizing what this means:  You have to decide whether you are READY to take the leap, because once you start down the road to 24/7 wearing and using diapers, and you do go "all the way," then it will be hard to get continence back again, but most people may NOT realize that.

Many of us may have dreams of being incontinent, or wearing and using diapers for their intended purposes, but that is QUITE DIFFERENT from someone who is dealing with Medical issues resulting from incontinence.  Once done, there is NO GOING back, and if you are an AB/DL, you probably have had these desires for a long time, and if you have feelings or desires to wear or use diapers or other AB/DL "equipment", you will have those desires forever, and you may find that they are "repressed."  This is also important, because your feelings can drive you to do something, and they can be quite hard to control, because the desires are there, you have learned to rein them in, so you have to understand.  a DESIRE is one thing, a NEED is another story altogether.

I am incontinent myself, and have been fighting a battle: for about 24 years, I had been "lurking" on DD, and was afraid to admit or state that I had feelings and desires for diapers. I've had them since I was 8, but was able to "lock them away" for awhile, but the drives and desires were still there.  In July and August of 2019, I had a bout of IBS/Diverticulitis and started having accidents. (pee and poop)  I finally went to the doctor and asked him for help, asking him for the Plastic Backed Diapers I needed, because I finally realized that I was NOT gonna let My CP, and my Incontinence stop ME, I decided to go 24/7 in 2020, because of limited mobility, and because I feel it is easier to face the reality that someday, I may have to wear diapers as I continue to age.  

Make NO MISTAKE:  Medical Incontinence is something that is NO DESIRE:  it is a medical condition that is common to many, especially those who have disabilities.  It means that your life changes:  It means that you have LIMITED to ZERO control of either Bladder, Bowels, or BOTH.  It means that you don't KNOW If, when or where you will release, and you don't know what (pee/poop) you will release.  This means you wear diapers 24/7, you change where you have to, when you have to, and in some cases it happens when and where you do NOT want it to - You will have to make sure you are carrying your change supplies with you everywhere, and BE READY for the times you have accidents, blowouts, or unintended circumstances cause issues, or problems you did not think of:  and BELIEVE ME, things like that DO happen:  are you ready to deal with these issues?  You WILL when you are incontinent. 

An Incontinent DESIRE is something that we feel we want because we feel that we want to live as an incontinent person, where you basically are wanting to wear or use diapers as a baby would.  It may also include that you want someone to "baby you" or other things like that, and you add pieces of the lifestyle because you want to experience what it is like to be treated as such.  There is NO HARM in  DESIRING the incontinence, but you should NOT do something to yourself to FORCE incontinence, or injure yourself so you become incontinent.  When a baby, you are NOT continent, because you do not have the skills or the maturity to be:  You have to LEARN that skill, and the best way is to grow up, so that eventually, you understand what you are trying to do, and eventually, you will be able to learn potty skills, so diapers are no longer necessary.

I have told others on DD that there are ways to achieve this goal of incontinence.  The End Result is the same, whether you are Medically Incontinent, or you desire incontinence.  The difference lies in HOW you get there.  I can tell you that you can train your body to use diapers, but that takes time, and patience, and you have to be ready to be able to deal with the results.  You WILL use that diaper eventually, or YOU WILL have to clean yourself up, as well as any messes you make.  The choice is yours. 

I believe that you will hear that there are many that are incontinent, like myself, who decide that wearing diapers is a necessity, so they deal with it by adding aspects of the AB/DL lifestyle, because they already have to wear because of incontinence, so they add use of other baby items and equipment.  Some also wear for psychological or comfort reasons, and they are also included here as well.  You have a LOT of people here, and they all have really good advice, so take time to make this decision.  It is NOT one that should be taken lightly, but once you do it, you have to be ready to accept the choice and the consequences of that choice :)

Feel Free to respond, ask questions, or follow me if you wish :)

Good Luck!

Brian 

On 10/27/2020 at 7:19 AM, Stroller said:

I agree with the others I think.  Don't try to leap.  Move to wearing full-time gradually, and learn how to do that over time.  The un-training will probably just happen gradually once you're comfortable with being in nappies all the time.  It did with me, anyway, although I've actually no idea whether I've lost any control or not, as I've not tried to control my wetting at all for the past 2 years.

I never thought of it that way, but that's been my experience as well.   I'm not 100% certain I lack bladder control, but since I'm so conditioned to wetting in my diaper I don't really think about it.  Especially if I'm standing up.  I can feel the pee come up, but I don't have to think "I should pee now."

In my case- I haven't had a conscious sleep accident.  My diaper is rarely soaked before I wake up, but I have about ten small accidents in the first hour after waking up and I'm wet.  Occasionally I will wake up in the middle of the night to get myself some water, and standing up will cause me to pee in my diaper.