LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

first "diaper"

My first diaper was my mom's kotex maxi pad's back in the early '70s.  I also had some snap plastic panties with cotton and ruffles on the back.  Probably from my sister.  In the late 80's, I was finally able to get a proper diaper: Depends undergarments, their green diapers were too loud to wear anywhere and awfully hot.  I wore other undergarments.  Attends were probably favorite and the Walmart brand, but forget about absorbency.  Nowadays I just wear adult pull up underwear.  

My first real diaper was fashioned from Flour Sack towels. I bought the largest ones I could find. They actually work very well if padded with a couple boosters. After all, a flat diaper is a flat diaper.

I've since tried a couple brands of disposable diapers. They have their advantages, as do cloth flats.

My first nappy after being potty trained were big blue disposables supplied by the NHS continence service because I was still wetting the bed most nights during my teens.

Well, Kotex was the first, but the first actual diaper was the Huggies girls diapers I swiped from my cousin. It wasnt until at least 17 or 18 that I was able to get my own supplies. I still had to hide my stash at that point. 

5 hours ago, abdldan2 said:

Sears and wards flat single tape fanfold , 1981 Attends!

I loved looking at the Sears and JC Penney catalogs for both toys and diapers.

• Like 1

I got those Sears adult diapers several times.   It was seeing those entries in the catalog that kind of started my interest in diapers.

Amusingly, when I worked up the courage to order them, they came in to the local Sears store.  I went there and the girl at the counter looked at the order and said she had to open it to make sure it was OK.   I was mortified, but I think now she was definitely curious.   If I had been a bit more bold I'd have inquired of her interest.   At the time, I just wanted my purchase and out of there.

1 hour ago, willnotwill said:

I got those Sears adult diapers several times.   It was seeing those entries in the catalog that kind of started my interest in diapers.

Amusingly, when I worked up the courage to order them, they came in to the local Sears store.  I went there and the girl at the counter looked at the order and said she had to open it to make sure it was OK.   I was mortified, but I think now she was definitely curious.   If I had been a bit more bold I'd have inquired of her interest.   At the time, I just wanted my purchase and out of there.

Afraid someone would intercept delivery discovering my secret, I chickened out on placing the order several times.  As it worked out I was the only one home when the package arrived.  My secret was safe.  But you purchased the same diapers … the ones with the center moisture barrier?

image.png.3ada97f237498e13c5f0b66c4722ada5.png

12 hours ago, WBxx said:

First purchased diaper was below package of three mail order from Sears in 1968.  Description copied from 1977 catalogue, expect they were cheaper in 1968.

image.png.186b28ca09835e6338bfa72b2a0863da.png

That was the second place I checked in the Sears Catalog. Toys, then big diapers.

11 hours ago, WBxx said:

Afraid someone would intercept delivery discovering my secret, I chickened out on placing the order several times.  As it worked out I was the only one home when the package arrived.  My secret was safe.  But you purchased the same diapers … the ones with the center moisture barrier?

image.png.3ada97f237498e13c5f0b66c4722ada5.png

Yes, exactly those.  I also had a similar product from Montgomery Ward.   In Baltimore (and Denver too I later found out when I moved there), you could place catalog orders and in about an hour they would bring it down from the warehouse there on Monroe street.   The MW ones were about the same except they had snaps on the hem, but I still used pins.

14 hours ago, willnotwill said:

Yes, exactly those.  I also had a similar product from Montgomery Ward.   In Baltimore (and Denver too I later found out when I moved there), you could place catalog orders and in about an hour they would bring it down from the warehouse there on Monroe street.   The MW ones were about the same except they had snaps on the hem, but I still used pins.

Perhaps you can answer my decades old question on the Sears / Montgomery Ward adult diaper.  It had a so called “BARI-GUARD moisture guard” in the center.  For me the guard was a negative in that it blocked flow to outer diaper(s) when wearing more than one as I often did.  Did/do you understand the purpose of the guard?  Was it a plus for you?

I didn't want it because I was going to wear plastic pants anyhow and I wanted these things to be the flat diapers of my youth.    I guess the idea is you could get away with not wearing anything over them, but frankly, the backing wasn't suffiicient.  Frankly, the general absorbency wan't sufficient either.   

The first diapers I remember getting into long after being potty trained was a plastic backed diaper I found at my grandmother’s house when she helped an ailing family member. I found them in a closet and was instantly curious. Can’t explain it. I tried it on and the feeling of it was amazing! Not really sure what brand those diapers were, though. 

My first ones to buy, though, were Depend plastic diapers. They were green. Back when Depend made a good diaper in the mid nineties. 

my first "diapers" were old towels stuffed into my undies lol no plastics, no pins, just towels stuffed into my underwear. they leaked right through, but i loved it lol 

my first diaper was shortly after. i discovered an open bag of toddler diapers, maybe goodnights, but i do not know. they didn't fit at all, but they were great compared to the towels.

my first adult diaper was some sort of depends, i think. or maybe attends... i honestly don't remember lol and they were another great upgrade

my first premium adult diaper was i think a bambino. and then i knew i was in trouble lol no turning back to cheapo diapers after that lol

My first diapers were made with garbage bags and paper towels duct taped together.  My first real diapers were Attends when I started to drive and could go discreetly buy them. 

6 younger siblings and I was very small for my age as a kid, Pampers ultra trim in the 80’s when I was 7, snuck from under the bathroom sink. Huggies pull-up when I was 12, Luvs XL when I was 13, pampers size 6 at 17, and then XL Goodnites from 17 to early 20’s though I still fit into pampers and Luvs in the largest sizes until a few years ago but I have been ordering ABDL diapers for the last 14 years or so

My first “diaper” was two snug pairs of my underwear I wet in completely while trying to imagine what it felt like when I was a baby. Deciding to do it, not stopping as the need came over me and letting it helplessly happen was the most amazing feeling.

I did it many times from then on, in my pants, my pyjamas or improvised diapers. I wrapped or pinned myself in bath towels, t-shirts, old baby receiving blankets, pillowcases or many layers of underwear and pants, and wet myself in helpless, thrilling, warm relief like a little boy.

it was years and years before I had the chance to put myself in an actual diaper.

• 2 weeks later...

The first true diapers I used when older was Depends ...I finally had my own place and could bring them home with out questions. Although when I lived home with parents I couldve bought some then and just sneak them in. I had this terrible fear of getting caught with them in the house so I didnt get any. I had makeshift ones hidden so I cant really explain the phobia I had with getting real ones then. So back to the Depends, when I had a bag home was excited how white and crinkly they were Then when I put them on was amazed at how they fit and felt great wearing a real diaper instead of all those silly makeshift ones I was using before