LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A Job offer Unlike Any Other: Updated To Chapter 20

It's been a while since I've posted, I'm still planning on releasing the next chapter of my other story soon, I've finally felt motivated to writing again, especially with another story I've been wanting to tell. 

It's starts out slow, so please be patient. This story deals with the Amazon Dimension but from the perspective of someone that is completely unaware of such a place. And I'm looking at adding more lore to how the establishment of the Amazonian works in certain ways.

A Job Opportunity Unlike Any Other

Chapter 1

Sean took a deep breathe, despite only being eighteen, he wanted to experience the open world of the job market and gain experience while still going to school and working on his associates degree.

The young man, took a look around the waiting room that he currently was residing in. It was as bland as he expected it to be for a typical office building. Unfortunately, he wanted to find something to distract him from the anxiety building up, inside him. He lightly scratched his brownish hair as a way to ease the tension.

“How much longer do I have to wait? Did I really make the right decision?” Sean's mind was his worst enemy, as he continued to doubt his decision to look for a job, despite his stable life with his parents and younger sister. He was in no rush to find any immediate need for work. He and his family were the typical middle class family that lived in the suburbs.

Sean didn't want to feel financially obligated to his folks, they were both hard working individuals that kept up with there bills and other commitments that responsible adults do on a daily basis. However, Sean wanted to be able to stretch his arms and legs and be able to travel somewhere outside the state of Oregon that he has lived in his entire life.

The young man, looked up to see a television monitor near the corner of the room and saw a basketball game playing, although he wasn't sure who was competing. He would have preferred to have played in competitive sports, such as basketball or football, but since he was barely above five feet tall, that limited his options on such physically demanding sports. While it didn't bother him too much, he really didn't enjoy being physically similar to someone from middle school.

“I certainly didn't win the genetic lottery when it comes to height and facial features. I barely ever have had to shave, and nothing ever grows in my privates, down there.” Sean took a quick glimpse at his pants, noting that he could never grow any decent amount of pubic hair, even at his current age.

Before he could find another reason to lose any more confidence in himself, the door opened to the waiting room room that he was in. A woman in a business style suit, entered, she scanned the room, to only see that only Sean was in the guest area.

“Thank you for waiting, Mr Draven, Ms. Fitzpatrick will see you now.” The assistant stated as she waited for Sean to follow her to her bosses office.

Sean thanked the woman as he stood before the door in front of him. The assistant nodded her head, before heading back her office

“I've got nothing to worry about, this is not a actual interview for a job, just research into finding one, nothing more.” Sean took a deep breathe as he opened the door.

The only sounds that could be heard, were from the classic looking cuckoo clock from the wall and the typing coming from Ms. Fitzpatrick's computer.

“Please take a seat, I'll be with you in just...” Ms Fitzpatrick cut herself off as she took a quick glimpse at the boy in front of him.

“Something wrong?” Sean asked, feeling a bit paranoid at the woman's unusual glance.

“Sorry about that, it's nothing actually, I just didn't expect someone...So youthful looking.” Ms Fitzpatrick adjusted her glasses before finishing up her work on the computer.

Sean sighed, he knew that the older he became, that more people would start to question his age. While he found it rather annoying, he didn't let it, define how he lived.

“There is no need to apologize, I'm rather use to it, especially now that I'm out of high school.” Sean tried to get comfortable in the chair, as he was mentally preparing himself.

“Relish your youth, while you can, because once you get to my age, it's nothing but downhill from here, so to speak.” Ms Fitzpatrick gathered a folder from her desk, which contained Sean's resume.

Sean laughed with Ms Fitzpatrick, hoping to ease the tension in the room.

After doing a quick skim over the resume, Ms Fitzpatrick, looked back at Sean, noticing that he was more composed and serious than most individuals that she has had interviewed at his age.

“Just so we are clear, you do understand that Ares Affiliates is just a vendor company and that we do not actually hire internally but recommend companies that are actually hiring based on your criteria.” Ms Fitzpatrick stated as she looked over at the brown haired young man.

“I do understand, my school recommended for me to submit my application here, especially since I don't have any prior work experience.” Sean clinched his hands together after his response.

“I'm glad to hear that, many individuals, especially ones that have had no prior experience in the work force, expect to be handed a high paying, low effort type of position with a company and when they find out that it's the opposite of that, they quickly complain, ask for a different position within the company, and if they don't get the response that they want, they usually quit. It's become more apparent these past couple of years. Tell me, do you think that as American's that we should be entitled to all the comforts that come with our country without putting any meaningful work in?” Ms Fitzpatrick asked.

Sean was taken aback by the question, for just a moment he thought it was a trick question, given how obvious the answer should be. But after taking a deep breathe, he decided to answer in his most honest opinion.

“My parents taught me that hard work and dedication is the foundation for building a independent life. So to answer your question, that would be no. Besides, the reason that I'm trying to get a job, is so that I can eventually live on my own and not have to be around my annoying sister on a daily basis.”

“Good answer. It seems that your parents brought you up very well.” Ms Fitzpatrick focused her attention back onto the computer as she started to print out some paperwork.

“My mom works as attorney, so she made sure that I didn't try to short cut anything back in High school. And I assisted my dad with his job as a sports journalist, when we went to live games. It was pretty interesting looking up all the stats regarding the athletes in real time. ” Sean stated, as he started to feel more confident about his chances of landing a job for the first time in his life.

“I've already gone over several possible job opportunities with several high profile companies based on what you are looking for. From what I understand, is that you wish to become a professional journalist that would be able to travel and explore the different cultures from other countries and interview their citizens, is that correct?” Ms. Fitzpatrick asked.

“That's right, I've never traveled anywhere outside the United States and would love to absorb the knowledge and insight to how other people live and survive the every day life. I feel it would help me mature as a adult in the real world. Plus getting away from my folks would be a plus” Sean replied

Ms. Fitzpatrick giggled to herself when she heard Sean call himself an adult, but it wasn't noticeable to the young man.

“It's truly an admirable job to have, especially in this age of social media. There is something that you can only attain from first hand experience. Unfortunately, the amount of jobs that are specific in that area are very slim. It's become more of a hobby than a actual paid position. However, there are certain companies that actually are hiring for that very thing, at this time!” Ms. Fitzpatrick stated.

Sean's eyes widened, he couldn't believe what he was hearing. His mind starting to wonder off with the idea of being able to work overseas and explore the vast lands that he had only seen through online photo's and video.

“At last, I can get away from my family for a bit. I'll probably have to put school on hold, but that's alright. I cannot let such a opportunity pass me by. Watch out world! I'm coming for ya!” Sean stated in his mind as he looked on with eager hope.

“However, the companies that are hiring, are looking for people that already have a four year degree and or experience. So we are going to have to cross that off the list.” Ms Fitzpatrick gently brushed off some of the paperwork she printed off, noting that Sean was not qualified enough for such a position.

Sean bit his lip to keep himself composed.

“This bitch! Did she purposefully try to get my hopes up? That's beyond messed up!” Sean stated in his mind, as he imagined about throwing a fireball at her, as if he were a video game character.

“Currently, it looks like the only jobs that are available, are heavy labor positions in warehouses, but I can easily tell that is not something suitable for your strengths. Ms. Fitzpatrick could easily see the mounting depression that was emitting from Sean's facial expression.

“Warehouse work!? If I wanted to break my back, I would have joined my friend, Joey at the grocery store as a stocker.” Sean kept his words to himself but he lowered his head, not pleased with results.

Ms Fitzpatrick felt slightly bad for the young man, but it was the cold harsh truth of the ever changing economic world. She then reviewed one final paper that she printed out with potential results for a job in journalism.

“This looks promising, and it's also a government job at that...Quite surprising, I never expected for there to be a job that didn't require some form of degree. In fact, it's specifically asking for someone without any prior experience in the field. A High school diploma is all that's needed.” Ms Fitzpatrick continued to look over a single sheet of paper that caught her eye.

“What now, I could continue to try online and find something...No, who am I kidding, I am not going to find something that I enjoy unless I put the work in.” Sean's train of thought was interrupted when When Ms. Fitzpatrick placed a sheet of paper in front of him.

Sean took a look at the paper and started to read the finer details.

“Looking for a motivated job seeker out of High School that is searching to expand their knowledge beyond the aspects of humanity. This position is that of a consultant that will act as a medium between parties and will be providing knowledge from their perspective throughout their tenure. Individuals with degree's and or prior professional experience in the field of journalism are not required.”

Reading this paragraph, caught Sean off guard, it was like the position itself was only looking for someone that lacked any experience and was only needing someone who is just starting in the job market.

Sean saw that the job was affiliated with the State of Oregon and another company called Diamond Tours Inc. There apparently was another company that was involved but it's name was censored from the paperwork which only caused Sean's curiosity to increase.

“So what do you think? I could setup the appointment for you, it's this Saturday, which is three days from now. Personally I would take up on it. At least the interview part of it. To tell you the truth, I'm quite surprised to find a government related job opening like this. Also, it's details as to the position are rather vague, which is out of the ordinary, but it meets the criteria that you provided me before coming here.” Ms Fitzpatrick started typing on the computer as she kept most of her focus on the young man.

“It doesn't sound like it will be all that bad, besides it's at a building that only a few minutes from my house, so I'm rather familiar with the area. My mom use to work there back in the day. “ Sean replied with a hopeful look on his face.

“Good to hear, I'll put the call in shortly. I'm glad that we were able to assist in finding you a possible job opportunity in the field that you were looking for. Do you have any other questions for me?” Ms Fitzpatrick asked as she shook Sean's hand and provided him details on a follow up phone call.

“Nothing that I can think of. I'm just fortunate that I could find something similar to what I've been looking for.” Sean looked like he had already attained the job.

“Just keep in mind about your expectations when you get there, and not to be late. Also, even if you don't get the job, keep in mind that it's not the end of the world. It's only just the beginning of your journey into the world of adulthood.” Sean nodded his head in agreement as he made his way towards the exit.

As Sean headed to his car, and headed back to his home, Ms. Fitzpatrick put in a call to the company that would be interviewing the boy on Saturday.

“Hello...Yes this is Ms Fitzpatrick with Ares Affiliates, I just wanted to let you know that I may have found a possible candidate for your portal program...Yes he's new in the job market and doesn't seem to be the type to have certain bias when it comes to politics. Not only that, but he's rather cute looking. He should fit the all the requirements that you are looking for in a candidate as a consultant... No, he doesn't have any idea as to what the internal job requirements are, but he seems to be quite motivated in finding a job in the field of journalism, I'm sure he will fit in quite well, so to speak... I'll send of the details via email very shortly....No problem, you have a good day as well.” Ms Fitzpatrick put her phone down as she stretched her arms out and sighed for a little bit.

As she walked towards the window to open it and allow a bit of cross ventilation, she started to feel a little bit guilty about manipulating the young man into a position that she knew very well about.

“There were plenty of jobs that would have met Sean's requirements, but he clearly stated that he wanted to get away from his folks and see the world and all it's wonder. I was like that back in the day as well. It's only fitting that he too experience the true nature of a dimension that is unlike any other.

Sometimes I do miss it, but I do prefer having my own independence.” Ms. Fitzpatrick patted her butt to hear a crinkling sound. She giggled to herself as she walked back to her computer.

“I wonder if that young man will suffer the fate that most little's do, or will he be able to be one of the few to keep his individuality. Either way, if he accepts the position, he will be in for quite a roller coaster.” Ms Fitzpatrick took a sip of her coffee before reflecting on her life up until now.

• Like 12

WOOOO! Now only do we get a very intriguing first chapter of a new story by you, but also we get to hear that you are feeling writing motivation for a certain other story! WOOO-HOOO!

I wonder just what Sean's position as a consultant will be? Will it be as a consultant for bigs from that dimension about people from his dimension? I can't wait to read more!

6 hours ago, Baby Billy said:

I like the start, just a quick comment did you get Baby Sofia,s OK to use Diamond Tours in your story, it is proper to do so if you use another writers material.

Chronos did ask my permission. As long as nothing is inherently changed I'm pretty open to sharing ideas as long as my characters are left alone. I've borrowed my own fair share! I think it can broaden the dimension more as we do so if it's done right.

I did enjoy this, curious to see where/how quickly you take this. I'm sure this is going to be an eye-opening experience for him!

This is quite good. I’m kinda surprised a temp agency works with the other dimension, but at the same time it is a good way to get people “out on their own” so to speak.

• Like 1
On 6/12/2020 at 5:18 PM, littleTomás said:

This is quite good. I’m kinda surprised a temp agency works with the other dimension, but at the same time it is a good way to get people “out on their own” so to speak.

I think it's really awesome that they tempt new people into their dimensions with the help of a temporary employment agency. I don't know what is planned for the story now, but if you ignore that and just look at the mentality of the dimension, there are probably new parents waiting to pick up their new babies and modify them as they want. And in our dimension it is claimed that people are so happy with their work that they stay there and are happy. That someone comes back is probably impossible

Much like with the first chapter, this one starts off a bit slow, but the build up will make everything worth while, once chapter 3 comes around. And thanks again for the wonderful replies, I'm glad that many of you enjoy this slow burn. I want to make the payoff, interesting!

And thanks again to baby sofia, for allowing me to use her idea on the Diamond Tour. 

Chapter 2

Sean took his time before opening the front door to his parents home, he still didn't know what to think about his upcoming interview. He certainly felt grateful that he had a job opportunity lined up but the specifications of the position were far to vague for his liking.

“I'm back!” Sean yelled out, only to get a response from his mother, apparently she was cooking up a roast for dinner, not his favorite but far from being his worst.

“Go ahead and relax on the couch, dinner will be ready in a moment” Sean's mother replied as she continued to focus on her cooking.

“So how did the interview go, son? You get the job you were looking for?” Sean's dad asked as he kept his attention at the television, watching one of his reality shows.

“Don't you remember what I told you dad? It's wasn't a interview, it's more a counseling to find a job that best suits my strengths.” Sean was a little peeved that his father had already forgotten what he actually going in for.

“So...It's a interview within a interview, so to speak. Crazy how things have changed in the past couple decades.” Sean's dad stated with a smirk as he took a drink of his beer. He was the definition of a textbook father. Slouched on the couch with a gut hanging out, and a lack of pride to show for it.

“Where's Rachelle? She spending the night at one of her friends place? Sean questioned, hoping that his sister wasn't around for the rest of the day.

“She's upstairs on her laptop, doing that twitter crap or whatever.” Sean sighed. He cared for his younger sister but like with most siblings, he hated being around her almost every day, hence the reason he was looking to find a job, especially one outside the state.

After spending the next half hour, relaxing and checking his own personal social media apps, Sean's mother, yelled out that dinner was ready, which could be easily heard from the living room.

Like moths to a flame, Sean and his dad, entered the dining room, while Rachelle took her time to come to the table just a minute later.

“So, little brother, how did things go with whole job thing?” Rachelle asked as she helped her mom put some of the food on the table. Sean's mother gently slapped Rachelle's hand for calling his older brother, little.

“It went well, to be truthful. I've got a interview this Saturday at the Diamond Tower, apparently it's a government related job in the field of journalism, so you can insult me all you want, but I'm going to finally be on my own very soon and start a career that you can only dream of. “ Sean took a bite out of some mashed potatoes from his plate, feeling a sense of pride from his effort.

“I thought you had a interview at that Ares company, they didn't want you or something?” Rachelle questioned back as she focused on the meal in front of her.

“Rachelle, Ares Affiliates is a non-profit organization that helps students out of high school, find a job that could suit their needs. I expect that you will also be doing the same thing, once you are out of high school yourself.” Sean's mom stated as then glanced over to her son.

“I've already got a job, so I'm good there. I just need to find the right university to apply for.” Rachelle responded.

“Blogging isn't a real job. Unless your trying to bag yourself a rich one to marry.” Sean stated with a smirk. Rachelle gave her brother a look of scorn before their father intervened.

“Diamond tower, Huh? Carla, didn't you use to work there?” Sean's dad asked to his wife, trying to keep the tension from escalating.

“I used to, but for the most part, most of my work was based via travel. I rarely went inside the building and when I even did, there was barely anyone that actually worked inside. Kind of a waste, given how unique the building is.” Sean's mother responded.

“I should be finding out tomorrow, where exactly that the interview will be taking place in. I certainly hope that it turns out alright. The job description was rather vague.” Sean stated.

“Even if it doesn't turn out to be what you where hoping for, give the job a try for a little bit. Who knows, you just may end up enjoying it.” Sean's mother replied.

“That's if he can actually pass the actual interview, that is.” Rachelle giggled but quickly shut up after getting a nasty glare from her folks.

“What about school, Sean? Have you figured out how you are going to handle the two?” Sean's dad asked.

“If things work out, I may just put school on hold for a bit, I would prefer not to burn myself out from doing both school and professional work at the same time.” Sean replied as he began to finish up his meal.

“Is there the possibility that you may have to travel out of state with this job?” Sean's mom asked.

“Unknown, but I kinda hope so. I want to get outside my comfort zone and see the world for what it really is.”

“It would be amusing if you had to work in a third world country or someplace off the grid, like Antarctica.” Rachelle responded

“Better than having to see your ugly mug.” Sean scratched his forehead with his middle finger.

“Sean, are you done with your meal? If so, please leave it on the table, so Rachelle and I can clean it up, you can go upstairs and change.” Sean's mom stated with a stern but calm tone.

“THE HELL!? Why do I have to do clean up after...Rachelle immediately went quiet after seeing the looks on both of her parents faces.

“Ya ya...I know, I am the instigator in all this.” Rachelle admitted defeat as she started to clean up the table. Sean went to his room, feeling a sense of triumph.

Sean took stretched out his arms as he relaxed on his bed. He decided to play some video games to take his mind off the stresses of the real world.

“If all works out, I won't have much time with this anymore.” He spent the rest of the night focusing on improving his fighting game character stats before calling it a night.

“Sean woke up the next day to the sounds of his phone going off, much to his surprise, instead of his alarm.

“What time is...OH SHIT!” Sean quickly grabbed his phone, his heart was pounding faster than any other muscle in his body.

“HELLO! Are you their?” The young man did his best to hide at how winded he sounded, he couldn't believe that it was nearly eleven in the morning. He knew that at that moment that he forgot to set his alarm, which only added to his irritated mental state.

“Yes, hello, this is Cassie Eden with Diamond Tours Inc. Is this Sean Draven?”

“Ya, this is him. Is this regarding the whole interview thing?” Sean hated at how unprepared he was, and that it could possibly cost him a chance at a one in a lifetime job offer.

Yes it is, is now a good time? You sound like you maybe a little busy at the moment, I could always call back later.”

“NO NO! It's alright, I'm just...cleaning my room...So what can I do for ya?” Sean bit his lip, as the anxiety started to build up within him.

“I just wanted to let you know that we have spoken with a Ms. Fitzpatrick from Ares Affiliates and I just wanted to confirm with you that your interview will be at noon, this Saturday at Diamond Tower, it will be in the executive floor, please inform the receptionist upon your arrival and I will escort you to your interview. Do you have any other questions?” Cassie asked

“Should I show up around a half hour early? Also, I assume that you will want be to be dressed professionally, such as a suit and tie or something similar?”

“We would appreciate it if you do show up early, just in case if traffic becomes a issue. And as for the dress-code. For this specific interview, you can just dress casually, such as jeans and a normal t-shirt.”

Sean was caught off guard by the last remark. He always knew that most jobs, even ones that were entry level, required a look of professionalism when it came to a interview.

“Also, you will be asked to leave any electronic devises at the front desk, so just a heads up there. Anything other questions you may have?

Sean took a moment to collect himself, he wasn't prepared for such a response but he decided to answer to the best he could.

“No...Nothing else I can think of...For now.”

In that case, I look forward to meeting you this Saturday. You have yourself a lovely day, Sean. Bye.” The call disconnected. Sean felt both relived and confused from what had just occurred.

After taking a shower and getting dressed, Sean went downstairs to see his mom dusting the living room.

“Good morning Sean, or should I say good afternoon, Either way, let's not make that a daily routine, okay?”

Sean took a seat on the recliner, hoping to calm himself down.

“I'm such a idiot, I forgot to set my alarm last night, fortunately I had my phone set on loud, so when it rang, it was thankfully about the job interview this Saturday.”

“You certainly lucked out there...So how did it go?” Sean's mom asked.

“It went well, for all things considered. Though, I do have a few questions on certain things.”

“Such as?” Sean's mom took a break from her housework and went into the kitchen to get her son a bottle of water.

“For the interview, apparently I won't be required to wear a suit, uniform, or anything like it. Is that actually normal?” Sean asked as he accepted the bottle of water.

“Far from it. However, I wouldn't worry too much about it. There are companies now that are taking a more relaxed approach, especially with how the culture in society has changed in the past couple decades.” Sean's mom took a seat on the couch, opposite of him.

“That's good to hear, I worry about some of the most trivial things. I really need to chill for a bit.” Sean laughed softly to himself.

“You certainly take after your father about the whole anxiety issue. He still struggles with it, even to this day, but he's always determined to finish any task that is handed to him, which is one of the reasons I decided to marry him.”

“I guess the whole cell phone situation is just a security measure, thanks for the talk.” Sean got off the recliner as he headed back into his room and ignore his mom's life story.

“Wait! What's all this cell phone talk about?” His mom asked

“I was told that I have to leave my cell or any electronic device at the front desk, before I head up for the interview.”

“And this interview is at Diamond Tower, right? Not some shady warehouse or back alley?” Sean's mom took a more concerned approach.

“That's right, don't worry, despite my height, I can manage to handle things myself.” Sean wasn't the type get in a physical altercation, for obvious reasons, but he felt that he could always find a way to avoid himself from getting to that point.

“Also, apparently the interview is being held in the executive floor. I'm not sure if that really means much, but it does sound important.” Sean stated before exiting the living room.

“Hmm... I'm sure he will be alright. But what a surprise, even I, never got the credentials to go on that floor back when I was working there as a third party associate. Something feels off about the interview, but I don't want to get too involved, that I would become a nuisance. He's no longer a child, but a growing young man. I'll place my trust in him and see how things play out.” His mom decided to focus her attention onto the television to keep her mind busy for a few hours.

Sean decided to spend the rest of the day on either playing video games, reading, or watching movies before he helped around the house with various chores, to prove that he wasn't a complete freeloader.

Friday wasn't much different, with the exception of hanging out with his closest friend, Joey, for half of the day.

As the sun began to set, Sean decided to spend the remainder of the night in his room after doing his usual errands, he enjoyed the solitude more than the average person should. One of his more unusual hobbies was to look up video's on how to play the piano, on a professional level.

“Can't make any decent money off doing that, unless I were to become the next Elton John.”Despite all his best efforts, Sean couldn't hide the growing anxiety within him. He knew that he was entering uncharted territory with his interview. While he had no proof, Sean felt that his life was going to change, unsure if it was for better or worse.

“If I back off this interview, I'll regret it for the rest of my life. I need to stay strong both mentally and physically tomorrow.” Sean decided to go to sleep a few hours earlier than he normal did. He didn't want to have a repeat performance from a few nights ago where he almost missed his call for the interview appointment.

After double checking to make sure his alarm was set, he turned off his lights and took a deep breathe as he welcomed the peaceful slumber.

Sean slept well, to the point where he was dreaming. He wasn't sure how he got there, but he was sitting on a cloud in the middle of the vast blue sky, wearing nothing but his boxers.

“This is good, this is how life should be.” Sean just relaxed his back on the cloud as he gazed up upon the scenery above him. Nothing but clear skies and the whistling sounds of the wind flowing past him.

The sun's rays helped keep Sean warm but before he could get too comfortable, he soon heard the sounds of thunder coming towards his direction.

“The hell? Is that a gray cloud? Kinda unusual to a single one surrounded by clear skies.” Sean stated to himself.

The gray cloud soon found itself floating above Sean. He didn't really pay much attention until he noticed that the cloud was becoming bigger to the point that it blocked out the sun.

“What the fuck is going on?” Sean's confusion was soon turned into shock as a large black hand that was just as dark as the infinite void of space, appeared from the cloud and starting closing in on the young man.

“Wha...What's happening?...I can't move!” Sean was paralyzed as the hand began to grab at the waistband of the boxers.

“Is...Is this thing trying to strip me!?” Sean was able to move his hips as his boxers were down to his ankles.

“Give me my underwear back!” Sean was finally able to move as he lunged to grab his boxers as the large black hand removed them from his feet.

Unfortunately, when Sean lunged to grab his boxers, he fell off the cloud and began a quick decent to the ground.

“Is this it? Is this the end?” Before he could muster a answer, he woke up.

Covered in sweat, Sean looked over himself and his surroundings.

“What a trippy, weird as hell dream. I wonder what brought that on?” Sean looked over at the clock and noticed that it was nearly eight in the morning.

“Might as well, stay awake, since my alarm will be going off in fifteen minutes anyways.” Sean then took a quick look at his boxers, just to confirm his suspicions.

“Same boring boxers are still in tact. Maybe it was a sign of telling me to lay off the chocolate milk or something. I drink way too much of it anyways.” As Sean laughed to himself, hoping to trick his mind before the anxiety took over.

“Good morning Sean, sleep well?” Sean's mom asked as he came down the stairs to fix himself a cup of coffee.

“I guess I did.” Sean didn't want to discuss his odd dream, feeling that it would be too odd to discuss.

“Your sister and dad have already headed off to school and work.” I'll be heading out shortly. I've got a appointment with the doctor's, so you will have the house to yourself for a bit.”

“I'll probably be leaving around eleven myself. This interview has been on my mind for the past couple days.” Sean felt relieved that there was chocolate creamer in the fridge as he grabbed it and poured into into the coffee he was having.

After finishing his coffee, Sean went back upstairs to take a shower and get himself dressed for the day.

After putting on a pair of slacks and a polo shirt, Sean went downstairs.

“Looks like mom, already left. I can now, do whatever I want...Which in reality, isn't much.” Sean decided to turn the television on and put it on Netflix and binge watch a few engaging documentaries before heading out himself.

The drive was shorter than Sean expected but the anxiety that he was feeling, was all the more apparent. After arriving, the young man took his time walking around in the parking lot, due to showing up earlier than expected.

“Just walking around in circle's isn't going to help me at all. I might as well go inside and get this over with.” Sean stated after walking around for around the parking lot for fifteen minutes.

After entering the building, Sean was memorized at how clean and spacious everything was, but it also had a cold, rather lifeless look to it with the dim lighting. It didn't help that there was barely anyone inside on the first floor.

Sean saw that grateful that there was a receptionist so he wouldn't feel more lost than he already did.

“Welcome to Diamond Tower, How may I assist you today?” The receptionist asked as she put her cell phone down, not even trying to make it look like that she was fully committed to her job.

“I have a interview today with a Ms. Eden at around noon.” Sean took a deep breathe, as he awaited the response.

“Let's see... You must be Mr. Draven, it looks like you are a hour early. I will inform her that you are here. Please take a seat at the bench of there for just a moment.” Sean nodded his head as he took a seat.

“I wish I could fast forward my consciousness to three hours from now. Then I wouldn't have to go through feeling like I'm at some sort of execution.” Sean took out his phone and decided to play a mobile game to pass the time.

Before Sean could get truly absorbed into the game, A woman came walking towards him, wearing a dark blue dress suit.

“Hello, Mr Draven I presume. The woman held out her hand, Sean quickly put his phone away and shook the woman's hand.

“That's correct, a pleasure to meet you.” Sean kept his composure as he looked at the woman in her eyes.

“Same here, I'm Cassie Eden, we spoke over the phone a few days ago. I'm glad to finally meet you. Shall we head up to the executive floor?” Cassie asked, Sean nodded his head as he followed her without question.

“Oh, before we head onto the elevator, I'll need you to leave your phone, along with any other electronic devices, with the receptionist, if you would be so kindly.” Sean hesitated for a moment, but he complied and handed his phone over to the receptionist.

“Can I ask as to why I can't have my cell phone with me” Sean asked as he entered the elevator. Ms. Eden placed her badge onto a scanner which automatically closed the doors.

“It's for security reasons. Since we are government funded, so many of our programs and projects are...Let's just say...Delicate. I wouldn't go as far as to saying that they are top secret, but we have information that isn't available to the general public and wish to keep it that way, until further notice.” Ms Eden stated as they continued their ascension to the executive floor.

“So...Regarding this interview, is their anything I should know before hand? I just want to make sure that I'm as prepared as possible...Given it's my first one ever.” Sean laughed to himself very silently, trying to keep the conversation from being awkward in any way.

“I actually will not be the one that will be interviewing you. My Boss, Ms. Julie Ross, will be the one conducting the interview.” Ms Eden stated.

Sean thought he felt his heart stop a moment. He knew it was possible that he would be interviewed by someone that he had never heard or seen before, but just hearing that it was someone, even more higher up, didn't help his nervous nature.

“Don't worry, Ms Ross is a very open minded and a lovely individual. You are in good hands with her.” Sean nodded his head, but it didn't help calm him down at all..

“If you don't mind me asking...What's your position with the company? From what I understand is that this job is both affiliated with the State of Oregon and Diamond Tour inc, is that correct?” Sean asked as he felt the elevator stop and the door began to open.

“I don't mind telling you. While I do work for Diamond Tour Inc, it is on the behalf of the United States government. So I don't have all the details about what your position with the company would be, but I can almost guarantee that it would be a very important component with both Diamond Tour and our government.” Ms Eden exited the elevator first, while Sean followed closely behind.

“Seriously! They are handing out such important jobs to people right out of high school? Am I screwed?” Sean stated in his mind as he continued to think in a more negative light, while looking around at the scenery around him.

Sean couldn't believe that he was in the same building as he continued onward.

The floor had a firm maroon carpeting, unlike the cold dark blue tiles from the first floor, and the walls had a wooden like appearance, as if he were in a very large cabin.

“You should consider this a honor, not many civilians and even it's own employees are allowed to enter this area of the building. Pretty interesting, isn't it?” Ms Eden asked as she continued to look ahead, not bothering to look back at Sean, who was already biting his lower lip, feeling even more out of place.

Sean also noticed that most the executive floor was mostly a collection of narrow hallways with windows that were tinted so dark that it was impossible to see on the other side.

“Here we are.” Ms Eden knocked on the door.

“Please come in.” A voice could be heard from the other side.

“I have your twelve o'clock, Ms Ross.” Ms. Eden bowed her head a little, show respect to her superior.

“Thank you, he may come in.” Ms. Ross replied as she put down her pen and paper onto her desk.

“Good luck luck, little one!” Ms Eden patted Sean on his head before leaving herself, Having his hair ruffled a little bit. It reminded Sean of his smaller than normal stature, which he didn't need to be reminded of at that very moment.

“Sorry, I'm so early, I wanted to make sure that I arrived on time.” Sean noticed that the room was very similar to a lawyers office. It was filled with the usual accolades and book shelves that surrounded the room, along with the expected mature sense of professionalism. However, he also noticed a few odd things about the room as well. The ceilings were unusually high vaulted, compared to the structure of the hallway he was in before. Also the back of the wall to Ms Ross was a dark tinted window, which could have been a one way mirror due to there being a large door to the right of it. He started presume that he and Ms Ross were not alone, which put him more on edge.

“It's all right, I actually expect all potential candidates to show up earlier than normal. Thank you for taking your interview seriously.” Ms Ross stated as she pulled out an envelope and began to open it.

Sean simply nodded his head and gave stiff smile as he focused some of his gaze onto the possible transparent mirror.

“As you may have guessed, this job interview is not a ordinary one, especially for someone in your case. This could be considered...A once in a lifetime opportunity. However before we can began to discuss the finer details of what this specific job is about. I need you to read that agreement, if you are comfortable signing it, please do so, after carefully reviewing it. If you do not agree to the terms, then this interview will end, and you will be escorted back the first floor.” Ms. Ross stated with a serious tone in her voice.

Sean was puzzled at what he had just heard, he took a quick glimpse at the paper, he started to feel like that all his preparation was for naught.

“This form is a agreement between Diamond Tour Inc, and it's candidate. We ask that in order for you to become a member of our organization, that any information that is shared to you regarding this position, is to remain confidential and cannot be shared to anyone that isn't present during this signing.

If this information is found to be released by your consent, legal action may be taken in the form of immediate dismissal and a one million dollar fine. This has been approved by Judge Mathis of the United States Supreme Court.” Sean read the words quietly to himself. He could feel the blood draining from his head in disbelief.

“What the hell am I getting into!? This is some scary, serious shit!” Ms. Ross noticed at how uncomfortable Sean was looking.

“Don't let the letter, intimidate you. It simply means that you are just not able to discuss the specifications of this job, outside this room. You are not bound to anything if you do sign. If you still find the specifications of the job, to be less than satisfactory, you can still decline at anytime, even if you are accepted into the position. The choice is yours, take your time.” Ms Ross stated as she continued to look at the young man.

“Oh jeez... I just want to leave and go home and play some video games...But if I do that, I'll will regret it down the road.” Sean took the pen in his hand.

“Just to be clear...I'm not signing my life away or selling my soul to the devil, am I?” Sean cringed at that last line he blurted out.

“Of course not, sorry if I'm being too up front, it's just a part of the job.” Ms Ross struggled to talk as she laughed to herself while apologizing to Sean for coming off a bit overwhelming.

Sean took a deep breathe and signed the paper, he was way too curious about this job position to back out now. Besides, he could always reject it, if it turned out to be something that he wouldn't like.

After handing the paper back to Ms Ross, she took the paper and headed towards the mysterious door next to the one sided window. She opened the door and handed the paper to a another individual that looked like someone that belonged to the secret service or something similar.

“Now we got that out of the way, now comes the fun part. So tell me Sean, based on the information that I've been told, you have the desire to travel and seek a career in journalism, is that correct?” Ms Ross asked as she opened a cupboard and grabbed a bottle of water from inside and handed it to the young man.

“I certainly do. To be honest though, I'm a little lost on how to start. I've been considering going to college full time and working my way up, when it comes to a degree, but that would mean, finding a full time job and possibly living with my parents for a few more years. It's not something that I would prefer, but that's how life is sometimes.” Sean replied as he downed the bottle of water in mere moments, after realizing at how dry his mouth was.

“And that is certainly understandable. I was the same way at your age, but luckily for you, there is the chance that you can kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.” Ms. Ross pulled out a pamphlet and handed it to the boy.

“The U.A.R?” Sean noticed the abbreviation on the front the pamphlet as he opened it and began to review it.

“It stands for United Amazonian Republic. Tell me Sean, have you gone outside the state of Oregon?”

“I have, but only to Washington and California, not exactly far.” Sean was trying to figure out where this place was located as he continued to read some of the details, which he was finding even more odd as he continued.

“How about, out of the country?” Have you done that yet?” Ms. Ross asked with a look of amusement.

“Not yet, as much as I would love too.” Sean didn't understand some of the verbiage about little's and Amazons, as if they were two different type of individuals.

“In that case...How would you feel about traveling to a different dimension?” Ms. Ross asked with excitement.

Sean put the pamphlet down, slowly as he looked up at Ms. Ross with the most confused look a person could have.

His only response was....”Huh!?”

• Like 9
  • crono changed the title to A Job offer Unlike Any Other: Updated To Chapter 2

Sounds like an appropriate response for sure and what an interesting dream. Funny how one ignores all the things your instinct is telling you about a situation. Lol. I look forward to this continuing!

Why do I have the feeling that he will soon end up in diapers and a crib and Diamond will then publish positive articles about their dimensions under his name.
At least, that's what I would do.

I honestly didn't think this chapter would be this long and be so dialogue heavy. And thank you all for continuing to support this story of mine. It's something I've wanted to write down for a while.  Now...Time to get some sleep!!!

Chapter 3

Sean hated reality television, he never understood as to how anyone found such forced drama, to be entertaining. He once asked his dad, that very question, and all he was told was that it was amusing to watch if you turned your brain off. He tried that very thing, one night, as the family watched a singing competition. It was one of the most boring and predictable show's that he had ever scene. It didn't help that the interviews with the celebrity judges were as cliche as any soap opera.

After being forced to waste a few hours of his life away on something so dreary, Sean vowed to never again watch any reality based programming. However, one night, his dad forgot to turn off the television when he went to bed, Sean was currently searching for the remote to do that very thing. Before he found it, a television show was playing on MTV, it was unfortunately a reality show, where the contestant's were placed in a situation that they thought was legitimate, but it was the opposite of that, for the sake of amusing the masses. Sean cringed at how shallow and spiteful the creators of the show were, as they manipulated people that were simply trying to have a good time or improve there standing in life. Whether the people in the show were real or just actors, it rubbed Sean in the wrong way, especially with one in particular, where a man was being interviewed for a job but it was a hoax to get some cheap laughs.

After looking over the pamphlet and being told about a different dimension, Sean immediately thought back to that reality television show.

“Shit, I'm in a stupid reality show. I should have realized that this was to good to be true.” The young man stated in his mind, as he looked over at the one way mirror, his anxiety was soon replaced with disappointment and frustration.

“I bet the camera's are behind there. Should I continue with this charade?” He continued to stay quiet as he tried to stay composed.

“I bet you are thinking that this is all a ruse at this moment. I don't blame you, and before you come to a conclusion, please allow me to explain a few things.” Ms Ross decided to go over a few things with Sean regarding the United Amazonian Republic and what it was all about.

Behind the one way mirror, there was a very tall man watching the interview with interest, he was smoking a cigar while reviewing some documents at the same time.

“So that's the boy, who was recommended by Katherine Fitzpatrick? He wouldn't last five minutes in our dimension before one of our women would claim and adopt him.” The man laughed to himself as he watched on, he was intrigued by the current possible candidate.

“That would be the case if he were simply a normal tourist. If the boy accepts the job, he would be given the proper acts of protection from your government, correct?” Another man replied as he stood next to him, though at a much shorter height.

“That's right. Given the importance of this specific job, it's essential to keep the next portal little, safe at all costs. We don't want to ruin the relationship between both our governments, given the drama from last time.” The large man with the cigar stated, as he looked down at the smaller man next to him.

“Exactly. Our people do not understand the importance of our relationship with your Amazonian government. I can't believe that they would possibly want to sever ties with such an advanced civilization, it's uncalled for!” The much smaller man spoke as he lit up a cigarette of his own.

“It's understandable. Your government is looking our for the best interests of it's people. If we allowed any of our Amazonian woman to come over here, it probably wouldn't end well.” The taller man, laughed as he put out his cigar.

“I would personally take the job myself, but our government believes that I'm too biased towards your kind.” The smaller man stated as he put out his cigarette shortly after.

“You are a loyal little, Mr Martin. You are always welcomed to our society at anytime.” The taller man stated as he kept his eyes on the interview. The smaller man, bowed his head at the kind gesture.

“Perhaps I should go in and introduce myself to that little.” The taller man stated as he picked up his phone.

“So...You are telling me that there is a super secret world out there where a bunch of giant people live and have a society even more advanced than ours...Am I getting that right?” Sean asked with a look of disappointment.

That is correct, it's not known to the majority of the population, only specific individuals in our government are even aware of it's existence. Also, many wealthy folks from around the world, know of this dimension and visit it as a tourist. Though, our government's regulations have been hindering the progress between the two. That is were you would come in as a consultant. You would be interviewing both Amazons and the little's of that dimension, while you would be assessing your own viewpoint of their world.” Ms Ross was going to continue to explain, but soon she felt her phone buzzing.

Sorry Sean, this will just be a moment. It's an important call from my work phone.” Ms Ross exited her chair as she took a few steps to distance herself from the young man.

Sean put his hand on his face, he felt betrayed, as if any moment, some reality jerk-off host would come out to surprise him, much to his displeasure.

Yes...Actually that doesn't sound like a bad idea. Sean is, let's just say, having a hard time believing such a story. And from his viewpoint, I don't blame him... Yes, I'll inform him in just a moment...Thank you.” Ms Ross put her phone away as she walked back towards where Sean was sitting. Ms. Ross could see that any enthusiasm Sean may have had from earlier, had pretty much dissipated.

I have some interesting news.” Sean looked up, not looking all too thrilled.

One of my...Colleagues wishes to conduct the next part of the interview with you. If you don't mind it.” Ms Ross asked.

Sure...Why not.” Sean wondered if this was the part where he would be pranked.

Ms, Ross thanked Sean before heading to the mystery door near the corner of the room. After a few knocks, the door opened and Ms. Ross exited the area, another individual walked past her.

What the fu...”Sean's outlook on everything had just changed, he went from one moment from being anxious, to being frustrated, and now he was in a state of shock. All his feelings were left behind after witnessing the abnormal individual walking towards him.

The man, was wearing a traditional dark tan suit, he appeared to have a five o'clock shadow facial feature and a mullet to top it off. He gave off the appearance that made him look like he was from the eighty's. He walked with the look of someone that was always in control and very dignified. However, none of his superficial features were what caught Sean off guard, it rather, was his very height.

How is this possible!? What type of vitamins is that guy taking? What NBA team is he on?” More questions where piling up in Sean's mind as the larger than normal man, took a seat where Ms. Ross was originally sitting.

These chairs aren't exactly suitable for

someone of my stature. But I can manage. Anyhow, it's truly a pleasure to finally meet with you Sean. I've heard about you from Katherine Fitzpatrick, I believe that she recommended you to this interview and I was hoping to speak with you during this crucial moment. My name is Joseph Stardust.” The large man sat awkwardly in the chair as he reached out to shake Sean's hand.

“He's....He's got to be at least ten feet tall, no, he's even taller than that!” Sean stated in his mind as he timidly shook the larger man's hand. Sean felt like a toddler, after comparing his hand to Joseph's.

“I'm sure that you are feeling a bit overwhelmed at this moment, especially, meeting with someone like me. It's to be expected, not many little's like such as yourself, ever get the chance to meet a Amazonian.

So before I go over a few things, I'm sure that you have a few questions for me, feel free to ask.” Joseph stated as he hunched over a bit, trying to stay at near eye level with the young man.

“So...It's true...Seriously. I can't believe it...You are from a different dimension!?” Sean tried to take a another sip of his water, but he accidentally breathed some of it in, which caused him to cough a little bit.

“That is correct, so I assume that Ms. Ross explained a bit about how our dimension works and our relationship with the little's that reside within it?” Joseph asked.

“Only the basics from the pamphlet. I still don't have the foggiest idea as to why you or anyone in the government would need someone like me. This feels just way too weird. I feel like I'm in some sort of dream.” Sean stated as he looked up at the vastly taller man. Even if he stood up, Sean knew he wouldn't even reach Joseph's eye level, which started to make him feel a bit insecure of himself.

“Ordinarily, we would pick someone with more experience for such a position. However, this time, we are looking for a consultant that is the opposite of that. And the reasons are simply for political purposes, which I don't think we really should get into, unless you are curious about the boring details.” Joseph asked.

“So...This consultant job, I'm not the first one that you have hired for something like this?” Sean asked.

“That is correct, to be precise, should you accept the position, you would be the fourth person to take on this role. Ms. Fitzpatrick was the first candidate to accept the position, many years ago. She did wonders, to help facilitate the rocky relationship between both our governments with her insight as a third party journalist and interviewer.” Joseph stated.

Sean realized that Ms. Fitzpatrick had set him up for this gig, though he wasn't sure if she did this out of pure kindness or the polar opposite, which he found to be unlikely.

“We usually only have this position available, when there is some...Disagreements between our governments, it usually occurs when a new administration takes over from the previous. By documenting your time in our world, it will help, ease the tension that both sides have and hopefully help build a stronger relationship for many years to come, especially with renewing our contract with Diamond Tours.” Joseph explained.

Sean felt like he was entering uncharted territory, he started to have doubts about how far he should be taking this, given his lack of self-confidence.

“So...How does this work? Would I be spending a few days in your world, and would be interviewing the residents of it?” Sean asked

“Sort of, you would indeed be interviewing Amazonian's and possibly the little's of our world, depending on their current mindset, that is.” Sean didn't understand the last part about a little's mindset, but he brushed it off as something irrelevant.

“You would be spending six months in our dimension as you conduct your research while on the job.” Sean could feel his heart pounding even faster, after hearing that.

“You mean...I would have to spend half a year in your world? That's quite a while.” Sean hesitated as he spoke.

“Also, you will not be permitted to contact anyone from your world, while living in ours. Not that any of the electronics from your world, would work in ours to begin with.” Joseph smirked as he spoke.

It was at that moment, that Sean felt like just saying no to the job, and that there was too much pressure for someone like himself to handle.

“If you agree to take on such a important job, you will be rewarded with a sixty thousand dollar sign on bonus, which would be deposited into your bank account on the next business day.” Joseph stated as he noticed that he had caught Sean's full attention.

“Sixty...Did you really say sixty thousand dollars!?” Sean's attitude towards the position, started to change.

“That is correct, also if you should complete the entire six month job requirement, you would also be payed an additional one hundred twenty thousand dollars for your efforts.” Joseph knew at that moment, that Sean pretty much was convinced, but he decided to sweeten the deal a bit more.

“Not only that, but you will be granted a four year tuition to any college of your choosing, also you will be given preferential treatment, should you be seeking a government related job in the future.”

“Oh shit! What to I do!? These benefits are out of this world! But if I do that, I'll literally be leaving this world for half a year... Not only that, but how would my parents think about that? That could be a problem...Wait, I'm eighteen, I'm an adult, I don't have to follow there rules anymore...But still, this is quite the undertaking.” Sean felt like he was stuck between a rock and a hard place. He wasn't prepared for coming up with such a important decision at the moment.

“I can tell that this is a very daunting decision to make, so I'll be clear, if you decide to take the position, you can always decline at any time, also you don't have to come up with a decision just yet.. I can have Ms. Ross contact you tomorrow to get your final answer, how does that sound?” Joseph asked as he stood up.

“So...Are you saying that I basically have the job?” Sean asked with curiosity.

“Given that you were personally referred by Ms. Fitzpatrick, you only really had to show up and express some motivation for the job, and I would have to say that you have accomplished that. We have already interviewed four other candidates that were also High school graduates such as yourself. And out of the four., two of them, were a no shows and the other two would not sign the non disclosure agreement. Most little's your age, lack the discipline to move forward in life. We would be possibly interviewing other candidates in the next week, but if you agree, that will not be the happen.” Joesph stated as he looked down at Sean.

“So...If I agree, I'll be given the sign on bonus in my bank account by tomorrow?” Sean asked.

“Yes, however, there is a stipulation, you must work at least one month in our dimension to keep the sign on bonus, or otherwise, the bonus will be voided and the funds will be withdrawn from your account.”

“Figures there would be a catch, but I am generally interested in seeing this other dimension. Based on the information from the pamphlet, it sounds very futuristic.” Sean's curiosity was getting the better of him as the more he started to think more of it.

“It's technology is second to none and the food and entertainment is first class. Of course as a special consultant, you will be given treatment and protection that the little's of our dimension, do not receive. Our government will make sure that your time in our world is something to truly remember.” Sean was taken aback by the whole protection thing, but thought it was more legality based and so he thought nothing of it.

“So, what about lodging and transportation? How does that come into play with all this.” Sean asked.

“You will have your own personal apartment, specifically designed for the size of a little. As for transportation, you will be assigned a partner that will assist you with your research, and will be responsible for driving you around and showing you around the city. All of these amenities are free as well, including the food and entertainment.” Joseph stated.

“This is actually sounding even better than I thought.” Sean stated as he was handed a piece of paper with a area to put his signature.

“So if I sign this, I'm basically hired, right?” Sean asked as he looked over the legal document.

“Yep, and if things don't work out, you are not obligated to continue with the job, but you don't seem like the type to ruin such a golden opportunity.” Joseph replied as he watched on.

“I'm probably worrying over nothing.” Sean signed the paper, while providing some of his financial information for the direct deposit.

“Congratulations on being the newest member of the Diamond Tours Family. Ms. Ross will provide you more details on how to prepare before your trip to our dimension. Also, take this notebook, it will provide you with some suggestions to help ease your time in our world when you show up, just make sure not to show it to anyone else. Also, when you arrive, I'll be at the transportation gate to greet you and assist with your luggage.” Sean was expecting to shake hands with the Amazon, but instead, the taller man, simply patted him on the head, before heading to the exit with him making a phone call.

“Um...Mr. Stardust. I actually have a few more questions, if you don't mind.” Sean felt a bit apprehensive about the arrangement.

“Feel free to ask Ms. Ross any more questions that are on your mind. I apologize but I have to make a important phone call, I'll gladly ask any more questions once you arrive. It's been a pleasure to meet with you.” Joseph nodded his head before disappearing into the other room.

Sean felt that Joseph was using that excuse to avoid answering any more questions. Now that he signed the agreement, but he didn't think too much of it, due to actually meeting someone over twice his size, which itself was amazing.

“So Sean, tell me, how did it feel to meet a real life Amazonian for the first time?” Ms. Ross asked as she took entered the room and took a seat. Sean followed shortly and sat back down himself, still coming to grips with what had just transpired.

“Honestly, I'm still a bit shocked...It all feels so surreal, I thought this was some elaborate hoax, but I was wrong about that.” Sean soon asked for another bottle of water which Ms. Ross provided.

“Now that we have everything sorted out, we will need to discuss your arrangements for your trip, including what you can bring along with you.” Ms Ross pulled out a file and handed Sean a piece of paper with some instructions.

“So, how much time do I have to prepare for this trip? Is it around a month from now or longer?” Sean was eager to ask more questions that he failed to ask with the Amazonian.

“Your trip will be for this Wednesday at noon. We will have one of our employee's pick you up from your house and escort you to the top floor of this building, where you will be transported to the Gaia dimension or what you know as the Amazonian dimension.” Ms Ross stated.

“WHAT! Are you serious! That's only a couple days from now! Isn't there a way to extend or at least postpone this? This isn't exactly a normal trip!.” Sean felt the the anxiety building up within him again, feeling a sense of dread and unease.

“Sorry, but our agreement with the Amazons is rather strict, to say the least. If it doesn't work out for you, I mean you don't have to force yourself to take on the job if it's too uncomfortable.”

“No no. It's nothing like that, it's just a lot to take in.” Sean was too far in to just give up now, especially after hearing about the financial compensation and his curiosity about the Amazons themselves.

“You will be allowed to bring two suitcases of luggage along. When you arrive in the Gaia dimension, you will be under the care of the Amazonian government, within one month of your tenure there, you will be interviewed by a member of our government, just to check in on you and assess your perception of the world.” Ms Ross went over some of the specifics that were on the paper that Sean was reading.

“I have another question, why do Amazons call us little's? It feels so demeaning.” Sean asked

“It's just there way of separating themselves from us. Despite living together, the relationship between Amazon and little is bit more...Intimate than what we see in our world.” Ms Ross stated.

“How so? From the pamphlet I read, it doesn't really go into detail about our people. Are we considered second class citizens or something similar to that?

“Not exactly. You can say that the relationship is more akin to a parent and their child.” Ms Ross felt a bit awkward by going into the specifics.

“So...Amazons see us as little kids instead of grown ass adults like we actually are?”

“That would be the case, mainly for the native little's that reside in that dimension. For us portal little's, we have the opportunity to explore, trade, and in your case, research their world without obeying all of their guidelines...As long as we follow their specific rules set out for us, that is.”

“How so?” Ms Ross felt even more uncomfortable going into this specific subject matter, but knew that it was in Sean's best interest to know what he was getting into, while leave certain sensitive subjects, best left unmentioned, until he arrived.

“As you know, Ms. Fitzpatrick was the first one to accept this job, and she was able to return without...Too much difficulty. But the two other candidates that took up the job after her...Were not so fortunate.”

“What happened to them, did they quit or something?” Sean's curiosity was getting the best of him.

“They...Didn't follow the rules that were laid out to them... And because of that, they were... Demoted to permanent resident little's of the Gaia dimension.” Sean looked on with confusion.

“So, they were stripped of all their free rights and forced to stay there against their will!?” How is that legal?” Sean asked

“Different dimension, different rules. However in your case, you will be given even more protective rights than the other three had. So you won't have to worry about that happening...Unless you request to become a permanent resident for whatever reason.” Ms Ross laughed to herself.

Sean started to have second thoughts, but they were soon diminished as he thought about the benefits that he would receive.

“If things don't work out, I can still request to quit, even when I'm over there, right?” Sean asked.

“...Yes. But just make sure that you are prepared, before you go through with your decision. You are only protected by the Amazonian government as long as you are employed by Diamond Tours .” Ms Ross explained.

“Based on some of the information from the pamphlet, the majority of portal little's use Diamond Tour's to visit this dimension. However there was a recent hold put on the tour's because of a government intervention. Is that correct?” Sean was curious about the suspension.

“Because of some minor miscommunications, several portal little's that were visiting the Amazonian world, were being mistaken for native little's, which caused plenty of legal issues that resulted in a suspension being put on the Tours itself. Your job is to help ease the tensions as a third party. This would help continue the tourism that our company is known for.” Ms. Ross responded

“I wish this was explained about this earlier.” Sean felt a bit uneasy but it still wasn't a deal breaker for him.

“Did Mr. Stardust give you a notebook regarding the trip?” Ms. Ross asked

“He did. I haven't read it yet, I plan to when I get home. He told me, that only I can read it. I assume that it contains some very sensitive information.” Sean stated

“It does to an extent. It's more of a guide, but even so, this information is only for your eyes only. Please keep this book hidden from any family or friends. Speaking of which, I'll be providing you with this card, should any members of your family, feel concerned about the specifics of your job, there is a phone number provide and e-mail address for our human resources department. They will be handling any questions that they may have concerning your position.” Ms. Ross handed Sean a very thick business card, which he then put into his wallet.

“So...About my family, what should I say to them, when I get back? I don't think my dad or sister will mind, but my mom is...Rather pushy when it comes to the subject of my safety.” Sean stated as he continued to look over more of the paperwork provided to him.

“Lying is not something that we pride ourselves on, but if telling your family that your job is classified, isn't enough, then please tell them that your are visiting our European branch for international work. However, they will not be able to contact you, for obvious reasons. They can send you a message via our Human Resources e-mail response team, which you can read with the assistance of Mr. Stardust, when you are fully settled in the Amazonian dimension. “Ms. Ross stood up and walked towards the door that Sean entered before his interview started.

“Do you have any additional questions, before we conclude this interview?” Ms. Ross asked.

Sean felt like he had a million other questions that he wanted answered, but his mind went blank for the moment, due to all the overwhelming information that he was already given.

“I think I'm good for now. If I have any more, I'll contact you in the next day or two. It's still hard to fathom for what I'm about to get into. I hope I'm not getting in over my head.” Sean replied.

“I personally believe that you will be alright. I have visited their dimension myself, and as long as you don't due anything to outlandish, you will be just fine.” Ms Ross shook Sean's hand before escorting him to the elevator and then outside the building.

As Sean entered his car, Ms. Ross had one more thing to say to the young man.

“Be sure to review the notebook, it may seem odd, but trust me, it will be beneficial.” Sean thanked her before heading back to his house with several documents and the notebook in hand.

As Ms. Ross headed back into the building and headed back up to her office, Joseph was waiting for her, next to her desk.

“How did the rest of the interview go? I assume that he's still on board with the job? He asked while lighting up another cigar.

“Yes, he's a bit apprehensive about the whole ordeal, but he seems pretty gung ho, on giving it a try. I was surprised that you actually wanted to interview him yourself. You normally act behind the scenes, but this time, you decided to take a more direct approach, is there a reason why?” She asked

“Unlike the past candidates, we really need to put on a good presentation for both our governments if we want Diamond Tours to continue to function as normally. Which is essential to our economy and little adoption quota's. So does Sean know about how little's are normally treated our world?” Joesph questioned.

“I only gave him some vague details, basically the same information from the brochure. He only believes that little's are treated as children, nothing more.”

“He will certainly be in for a surprise, when he arrives.” Joesph was silently snickering to himself.

“Once he finds out, what makes you think that he will continue with his job?” Ms. Ross asked as she took a seat at her desk.

“His eyes...He has the look of someone that is ready to explore, to get past the confines of his current living predicament. Not to mention the financial and educational benefits. He will want to see this through despite the abnormal setbacks.” Joseph replied

“What if some random Amazon tries to forcefully adopt him and were to use hypnosis on him? Won't that screw with your plans?” Ms. Ross asked

“It won't happen, or at least, it won't be easy. Our technological Bureau has created certain items that will keep our new employee from suffering such a fate. Also, a letter has been sent out to our citizens to inform them that if they try something funny crap on any government employed little's, there will be huge consequences.

“Government employed little's...Heh. Sean will be the only one, I expect.” Ms. Ross pulled out a framed picture from under her desk.

“Of course. Our government will never actually employ any native little's. Sean will be the sole exception. He will need the protection, I can almost guarantee that many female Amazonian's will want to adopt him, once he steps foot in our dimension.

Ms. Ross took a deep breathe as she showed the framed picture to Joseph.

“As promised, you will release my sister from the orphanage, when this is all settled, right?” Ms. Ross asked with a serious tone.

“But of course, and she will be granted citizenship in this dimension along with yourself. You won't have to worry about returning to our world, any time soon.

Ms. Ross felt guilty for assisting the Amazons, but based on her troubled history, she wanted to make sure that saving her sister was her number one priority.

“But I will have to continue to work for Diamond Tours, on the behalf of your government, correct?” Ms. Ross asked.

“Yes, that will not change. Once the tourism is back to normal, we will have a quota to meet, when it comes to portal little's. After all, they are of exotic value to us.” Joseph finished off his cigar before making another call on his phone.

Ms. Ross knew that there was nothing she could do. She was originally a native little, so she knew first hand as to what was at stake. She grabbed herself a iced mocha in the lobby as she reflected on her time in the world of the Amazon's.

“Better them than me. I'M NOT GOING BACK! NEVER AGAIN!” Ms. Ross screamed out to herself as she finished her drink. Feeling anger and guilt about betraying her own kind.

• Like 6
  • crono changed the title to A Job offer Unlike Any Other: Updated To Chapter 3

Probably it is made sure that he does an excellent job and then at the very end he ends up in the crib. And as for Ms. Ross. Absolute understanding when it comes to my family and my freedom I would do the same.

I have a feeling that Fitzpatrick probably has some potty issues still as a result of her time there... Hope the protection of their government extends past the diaper on his rear! Looking forward to more!

• crono changed the title to A Job offer Unlike Any Other: Updated To Chapter 20