LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Covid 19 Rant

7 minutes ago, WetDad said:

One thing I think you are all not understanding- the fatality rate is based on the number who have died of CV19 over the number who have contracted CV19. It has nothing to do with the total population. 

At a population of approximately 330 million, with 100 thousand dead from the virus, the death rate of the population is just over .0003%. I don't know just how many of the population has contracted the virus, but the death rate percentage number would be higher using that equation the actual dead body count is still the same at around 100 thousand.

• Like 1

None of you seem to want to take notice of this...... IT IS NOT OVER YET, MORE PEOPLE ARE DYING FROM THIS.

You can fight all you want on how bad one persons maths is or not, or what the actual figures are today....but tomorrow, they will be worse, and worse the next day, and the next, and the next. That is actual people dying, not ants / fleas. PEOPLE, and more will die tomorrow.

It really doesn't matter the percentage / death rate / or which ever you wish to calculate it... these are human beings that are dying or going through hell to survive this, and most likely will die from this next year. These are thousands of families destroyed over the loss of their brother, sister, mother, father, loved ones...

...and all you can do is argue between yourselves stating that you are loosing money / freedoms / choices etc. These people lost their lives.

How F**KING selfish are you?

Where is your humanity?

• Like 1

As I've said before, in World War 2 people all came together to fight for victory over the Axis forces.  This is now being brought up in the news and commentaries about the Corona Virus.  The big difference is WW2 brought us out of the depression and put people back to work.  This is the opposite as far as working people, but it's the selfishness that really gets me.  Back in the early 40's people didn't complain they were rationed on sugar, butter, meat and gas.  There were no new cars or toys made with metal or rubber.  All that was needed for the war effort.  People planted gardens to supplement what little food they were able to get with their ration stamps.  They wore clothes with patches over patches, did not travel and when possible walked or rode a bicycle if they had one.  Women buckled down and worked in factories in 12 hour shifts to help win the war.  They made sacrifices and did not complain.

Covid-19 is a war we are up against that is killing people.  In 3 to 4 months it has killed more Americans than Vietnam and other recent wars as I have posted earlier.  I have sympathy for the people who are out of work and struggling with the closures, but I have absolutely no sympathy for the idiot's who protest arm in arm unmasked at the state capitol with their guns, confederate flags and swastikas who you later see guzzling beer (seated next to each other with no mask) at their local bar.  Yes, we must all agree that having a local bar open so these idiot's can sit around getting drunk with each other is a necessity (being facetious of course).  If you have to drink, you can get your 12 pack of Miller at your local grocery store and drink to your heart's content at home.  It's the state of mind people are in.  Rather than saying, "Gee!  We are in a war that we have to win so I need to buckle down, forgo some of my wants to help win this war" (as people all did in World War 2), it seems the selfishness has reared it's ugly head.  That may be a product of living in one of the greatest countries in the world and being used to having all the luxuries we have as opposed to third world countries who have to struggle each day just to have something to eat.  We have gotten so spoiled to our normal way of everyday life that if something causes a change, rather than look at it objectively and say, "Yeah, we have to make changes to fight this virus and win", people are thinking only of themselves and not others around them. They have the mindset that they are the most important person in the world, everything revolves around them and how dare anyone tell them what they can or can't do!  They are like a little kid throwing a tantrum because they misbehaved and were not given dessert!  There is no coming together as a nation to fight against a major pandemic with these people, only selfishness that they are no longer allowed to do as they please, no matter that it is constitutionally the right of every state to set life saving regulations in a pandemic. All they seem to be doing here is arguing that the number of people dead is not a big deal!  Callous and shameful!  If one of those dead people were your mother, father, brother, son or daughter I bet you wouldn't be arguing over where the decimal point was placed!

Like babykeiff said, Where is your humanity?

• Like 1

I'm quite sure the final numbers will be horrific.  What I find interesting during this pandemic is the light it is shining on certain areas of our lives that we tend to take for granted.  I hope that, going forward, people realise the importance of having an adequate emergency fund set aside.  Perhaps have some emergency rations in the pantry if possible.  I'm not saying to go all out prepper or anything like that but just be better prepared.  Its also revealed glaring weakness in our supply lines in regards to PPE and manufacturing.  Hopefully this pandemic will stabilize those for the future.  Less reliance on foreign companies making things we need every day.

This pandemic is also revealing just how terrible the conditions are in our old folks home and elder care facilities.  Here in Canada, the military was called in to help with understaffed and over stressed nursing homes in Ontario and Quebec.  Some of the things they have witnessed over the last few months have been truly heartbreaking.  There is already talks in the works to improve conditions and increase training and pay for care workers in these facilities.

There is also talks in the works to have every Canadian worker access to 2 weeks of sick pay.  This would be a national program I would think.

Lastly....it really has revealed just how we, as a people, can influence our environment.  In just two short months there has been a drastic reduction of C02 emissions which has improved the air quality in many cities and towns across the globe.  I could really see how having a 2 month lockdown annually might be a tool to combat climate change.  That might not be the best thing for economies....but I think we need to do something.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, drynot said:

This pandemic is also revealing just how terrible the conditions are in our old folks home and elder care facilities.

The issue with nursing homes are in USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Germany and Finland among others. These countries have allowed the term 'nursing home' to have no medical meaning. As a result, they are not regulated by anyone, where private vulture funds invested in these where profit is foremost and where the care of our aged / infirm / disabled etc are not in the money equation. In the USA, health care is a 'for profit' business.

Today, one of the largest pharma companies -  Johnston & Johnston, are getting $500 million from Trump, and $500 million from private investors to come up with a SARS-COV2 inoculation to be manufactured for profit in USA. Most pharma companies had closed down their R&D departments as it is not profitable to find cures for most of modern diseases. SARS, the root of coronavirus has been around since 2002, and still 18 years later, no treatment / cure has been found. WHY? - cause to eliminate SARS is not profitable. It is more profitable to treat symptoms. The cold / flu virus has been around since 1918. Still 102 years later, no cure has been found. Yes, they use an antihistamine to relax the nose to enable one to breath better = treat the symptom, but don't treat the disease. WHY? Cause it is more profitable to treat symptoms for 102 years rather then cure the paitent.

Peoples health care / life should never be a 'for profit' business, and hopefully the world will learn this.

Free health care for all should be a minimum requirement for Government.

• Confused 2

The CDC has revised the mortality rate down to 0.3%. They have no clue what they are talking about and appear to be making it up as they go without a lot of thought going into the process.

They are also counting slip and fall deaths as COVID-19, along with drug overdose ans suicide. The numbers are far from accurate. They are mingling the numbers for people that tested for antibodies with the ones that are actually sick. It is yet another government run cluster-frack!

If masks work, let us get back to business? If masks don't work, why are we wearing them out in public?

In the US the constitution and the bill of rights are NOT suspended during emergencies. Period.

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, babykeiff said:

The issue with nursing homes are in USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Germany and Finland among others. These countries have allowed the term 'nursing home' to have no medical meaning. As a result, they are not regulated by anyone, where private vulture funds invested in these where profit is foremost and where the care of our aged / infirm / disabled etc are not in the money equation. In the USA, health care is a 'for profit' business.

Today, one of the largest pharma companies -  Johnston & Johnston, are getting $500 million from Trump, and $500 million from private investors to come up with a SARS-COV2 inoculation to be manufactured for profit in USA. Most pharma companies had closed down their R&D departments as it is not profitable to find cures for most of modern diseases. SARS, the root of coronavirus has been around since 2002, and still 18 years later, no treatment / cure has been found. WHY? - cause to eliminate SARS is not profitable. It is more profitable to treat symptoms. The cold / flu virus has been around since 1918. Still 102 years later, no cure has been found. Yes, they use an antihistamine to relax the nose to enable one to breath better = treat the symptom, but don't treat the disease. WHY? Cause it is more profitable to treat symptoms for 102 years rather then cure the paitent.

Peoples health care / life should never be a 'for profit' business, and hopefully the world will learn this.

Free health care for all should be a minimum requirement for Government.

Again your post something blatanly false. Trump isn't GIVEN anyone anything. Our politicians playing in cronyism is why we have Big Pharma making millions which have their hands on both sides of the isle. If you check your review you will find that America is number one for medical treats and most of the universal healthcare states are dead last. Ever wonder why Cancer patients come to the US. Possibly because being in the For Profit health system works.

You must support slavery as you think forcing those in the medical profession should be forced to render their services for free. Do YOU think Nurses and Doctors don't deserve to be paid for the talent and skill? You DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO SOMEONE ELSE'S LABOR. Period. This goes for cures and medicines. You have no real IDEA how any of this works. The average cure today costs research companies 2 to 5 Billion dollars. Any idea how many have failed for one to be successful.

12 minutes ago, BoTox said:

The CDC has revised the mortality rate down to 0.3%. They have no clue what they are talking about and appear to be making it up as they go without a lot of thought going into the process.

They are also counting slip and fall deaths as COVID-19, along with drug overdose ans suicide. The numbers are far from accurate. They are mingling the numbers for people that tested for antibodies with the ones that are actually sick. It is yet another government run cluster-frack!

If masks work, let us get back to business? If masks don't work, why are we wearing them out in public?

In the US the constitution and the bill of rights are NOT suspended during emergencies. Period.

Amen  Brother

• Like 2

Over history, there have been profiteers - people who made / make  money on the death of others. While it is not technically illegal, it is questionable.

Worldwide, countries try to enforce laws to prevent anarchy, but anarchy always find a way, and these profiteers always pay.

The French used the guillotine, others used pikes and pitchforks. Even if you don't believe in Karma, it always finds a way.

If we look at life on this planet, there is no real difference between rich and poor- as both will end up just as dead. The wealthy seem to have everything money can buy but this world is made up of balance - and there is one thing that we do not know - what happens to us when we die. Many fictions stories (as they are not based on any provable facts) state that we go to some place or another, and I am not going to state anyone that is correct - simply I, not anyone else, does not know. What I do know is that everything is in perfect balance despite what one perceives.

As a result, the profiteer who attempts to make his/her life easier on this little planet without a care for the rest of us will suffer. The so called fool / poor person, will get rewarded.

In a perfect world, we would not need law / constitution. Similar to the need to teach a toddler / child limits, the laws are hear to teach the immature the limits. Law is made by humans and as a result, is flawed. I would suggest common sense, but from the comments made here, common sense is not that common. What is more common is the tantrums of children who are too immature  to understand that the world does not revolve around them or their misconceptions.

The capitalistic problem with profiteers is that their action removes their own customers, which in itself, is bad for business. Capitalism does this also. This is why capitalism is destined to fail, and where humanity, and the care for ones neighbor is required. Capitalism is the collection of all the worlds money (greed knows no limits) to such an extent that no one else has any. Without the movement of money, capitalism fails as capitalism needs two items, 1. suppliers, and 2. customers with money. If customers do not have money, they will still trade, but not with suppliers that are looking for money. They will trade with services / other goods. As a result, capitalism that is dependent on money will fail.

Progression and history teaches us that when such occurs, the token that refers to money will change. In history, trade of services existed for goods - i.e. one would provide work for goods. This progressed into trade of goods for goods, and referred to as barter. Metals were used and then changed into coin and note, which we now refer to as currency. This grew to the capitalistic world we have today, but there is a key principle of this -  it needs more than one person to trade. That is a supplier and a customer. This created the concept of supply and demand - the greater the demand, the larger the supply is needed to be. In this crazy time, the need is LIFE, and no one can supply it. Many can take it with the illusion of providing money. Since it does not matter how much money you have, LIFE it not a commodity that can be bought, but it is a commodity that can be taken.

Please don't get fooled by the illusion that you need to work to live. One may need to work to be able to buy food / rent so that they can feed / house themselves, but since LIFE is not something you can buy, don't give it away to idiots. Employers only hire you to work cause it is profitable for them. They need you more than you need them. The job you were doing before the lock-down you can still do, but for yourself. You have the skills and experience - so why not do it for you and your profits, and not for your employer.

On 5/28/2020 at 9:46 PM, AwakenEvil said:

Again your post something blatanly false. Trump isn't GIVEN anyone anything. Our politicians playing in cronyism is why we have Big Pharma making millions which have their hands on both sides of the isle. If you check your review you will find that America is number one for medical treats and most of the universal healthcare states are dead last. Ever wonder why Cancer patients come to the US. Possibly because being in the For Profit health system works.

You must support slavery as you think forcing those in the medical profession should be forced to render their services for free. Do YOU think Nurses and Doctors don't deserve to be paid for the talent and skill? You DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO SOMEONE ELSE'S LABOR. Period. This goes for cures and medicines. You have no real IDEA how any of this works. The average cure today costs research companies 2 to 5 Billion dollars. Any idea how many have failed for one to be successful.

Amen  Brother

I asked the questions,

"How F**king selfish are you? Where is your humanity"

Your answer identifies yourself as a profiteer, someone who makes money on the life / lives of another based on misconceived and immature notions.

• The word is blatantly, but that is grade school English.
  • You seem to think that cronyism (the appointment of friends and associates to positions of authority, without proper regard to their qualifications) is a new concept, and unique to America. You really should read history.
  • isn't is the contraction of is and not of the verb to be. As a result, the following adjective should be giving or the verb should be to have in the tense using the male pronoun he as he has, or he has not or the contraction he hasn't. Then you could use the past participle given of the verb to give.
  • Stating Trump hasn't given anyone anything is incorrect. Trump has given many people many things, and most recently, headaches by his insistent stupidity.
  • America being number one for medical treats contradicts the statement that most of the universal healthcare states are dead last. USA is one of the few countries worldwide that is divided into states, therefore, states must refer to areas within the USA unless differently identified. Even the acronym USA refers to the United States of America.
  • The second part of that sentence eludes to the misinformation that most states are dead last. That also is incorrect since only one item can be dead last. All others must be better that last.
  • The 'for profit health system' is an economic curse. Due to simple greed, prices rise - from health providers. Accordingly, health insurance prices rise. As a result, customer count decreases. As customer count decreased cost per customer increases which in turn increases prices. This is a forever decreasing loop which kills the 'for profit healthcare' model.
  • Cancer patients don't come to USA for treatment. They may come for holiday or to retire.
  • I do not, and never have, unlike some Americans, support slavery in any form. Missouri, in 1800's, mistreated humans. It seems that you do the same today!
  • I also stated that Free health care for all should be a minimum requirement for Government. What I foolishly assumed was that you could understand that Healthcare should be paid in total from cradle to grave by Government, where the value is on human life, and not on the financial cost.
  • You state that I have no idea of the costs involved in Research and Development, nor the waste of money by idiots.
    • Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome, Corona-virus, and most known virus' that exist are man made. Some virus' are for needed medical advancement, while some are for military advantage. Despite the Geneva Protocol 1972, some countries still produce and stockpile biological, chemical and toxin based weapons. Trump accused China of doing same with SARS-CoV2. This accusation tends to be mute considering the USA Aircraft Carrier, Theodore Roosevelt, had CoViD infected patients prior to China. Obama, during his presidency, closed a number of R&D labs that were developing virus' similar to SARS.    

Again, you are discriminating. You do not know me, my knowledge, education, nor what I do, or where I work. How dare you! Consider this, I am an Irish man, where my natural language is Gailge not English, and I am explaining basic English to a natural English speaker! I am embarrassed for you.

Your own lack of basic education, and misconceived notions is obvious when anyone analyses your posts. If I looked deep enough, I could probably work out what commercials you watch.

Just a few observations.  Some people won't ever take this seriously, especially when our POTUS does things like severing all ties to the World Health Organization because he gets upset with something they said about him that he dislikes (like he does with Twitter when they add a fact checker to one of his tweet lies).   I want the country to be open again having everyone being a little wiser for what has happened, but I don't want things to get worse.  When some states have opened, people have just gone back to normal.  No masks or social distancing.  If some areas are going to open back up, that doesn't mean people should go without a mask or not keep distances between each other.  This is a true story of an elderly aunt I had with dangerously high cholesterol levels.  Each morning she would fry up a batch of bacon and pour the grease and dripping over biscuits.  Her doctor put her on a no fat diet and told her absolutely no bacon!  After a few months she begged him for some bacon.  He told her she could have one slice cooked crisp with absolutely no fat or drippings.  She went home, cooked up her batch of bacon and poured the fat and drippings over biscuits!

This story perfectly illustrates what is happening now with some people.  They beg to reopen but instead of being cautious, they are reckless and go back to their old ways of being arm in arm, socializing and no protection.  It takes only one infected person to spread it to hundreds of people.  That's how this all started in the first place!  Your sitting at your favorite bar guzzling your beer with no mask or protection and someone sitting next to you coughs or sneezes.  They are infected but may not know it.  You breath in their air born particles and then you start to spread it to others because you don't have any mask yourself and have been sitting a foot away from the person who sneezed.  You and the bartender, the other people next to the sneezer and then you may infect everyone you and all the others come in contact with before you all realize you have a temperature and difficult breathing!  Yet people just won't understand or believe it in spite of the past few months when it started here in the USA with just a few people and ended up infecting people in all 50 states!  How dumb can people be?  Just because states are starting to open back up in some areas doesn't mean we don't have to take precautions and protect ourselves.  It in no way means this pandemic is over!  It means it is leveling out and may be on a down turn because the masks, stay at home and social distancing is working - DUH!  Opening up stores and businesses means there will be more people interacting and a higher chance the virus will start to increase again.  This is not over yet and if we don't continue to take personal precautions as things open back up, we will be right back where we started from, but maybe even worse!  The recent history the past few months proves that!  Some countries and states that have opened back up have seen a spike in newly infected people.

One last thought.  I spoke earlier about the sacrifices people made in World War 2.  The food rationing, travel bans, no new cars, products made of rubber or metal, 3 gallons of gas per week if any.  People didn't mind so much because they knew we were fighting a war.  Look at where we are with this virus.  We have no restriction on food, the grocery stores are open.  We can buy as much gas as we please.  Likewise we can buy new clothes as needed and most anything except perhaps a haircut.  When we have to stay at home, we have our smart phones and internet to keep in touch.  We have a TV and DVD movies.  Facebook to keep in touch with friends and family.  We can get out to buy necessities.  We have our phones to text and call friends.  Video games to play and occupy our time at home.  In World War 2 people had a radio.  No TV, no DVD's or video games, a long distance phone call cost a lot of money, they had no gas to travel, no internet, very little food due to rationing.  If they needed a new dress they sewed one from flower sacks and they didn't complain because that was the way it was in order to fight and win the war.  I know it is a bad situation all over for those out of work trying just to survive and pay bills and try to get enough food to feed their family.  I agree the sooner we can open up without further risk the better.  We just have to do it safely and continue to protect ourselves and those around us as much as possible with masks and social distancing.  People just don't understand that things have changed and we can't just turn on a dime and go back to the way it was without taking precautions.  I think of all we have today that our grandparents didn't have during the war and all some people complain about is that they can't go to the bar or get out and socialize with everyone during this pandemic!  It's time some people start thinking of others instead of only thinking about themselves.  People here are arguing that masks don't help and nit picking over the amount of dead people from this virus rather than being proactive and doing something to protect themselves and others.  Shameful!

• Like 1
On 5/27/2020 at 4:10 PM, fillemup said:

At a population of approximately 330 million, with 100 thousand dead from the virus, the death rate of the population is just over .0003%. I don't know just how many of the population has contracted the virus, but the death rate percentage number would be higher using that equation the actual dead body count is still the same at around 100 thousand.

You still don't understand- the death rate (fatality rate to be precise) is the number of people who have contracted CV-19 divided by the number of people who died from CV-19. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TOTAL POPULATION NUMBER. 

This is a serious epidemic, and the numbers are not even approaching accurate yet. 

There is a website with far more accurate numbers than is quoted here, currently the fatality rate is at 5.88%.

Stay home, stay safe, learn to enjoy your longer hair and unpainted fingernails.

• Like 1
On 5/25/2020 at 8:29 AM, rusty pins said:

I believe this is the bottom line.  This is a world wide pandemic that has killed more people than any regular seasonal illness like the flu. 

I hate to bring this up but the numbers that are being put on the media networks are really wrong.   They are falsifying documents to pad the numbers.  

And those who say we need a Vaccine there is no Vaccine out there that helps anyone.  All They do is make people sick.  

As for those who say it is about Politics it is.  The people behind it are very evil people and they are tyrants.   

• Like 1
On 5/28/2020 at 7:48 AM, babykeiff said:

None of you seem to want to take notice of this...... IT IS NOT OVER YET, MORE PEOPLE ARE DYING FROM THIS.

You can fight all you want on how bad one persons maths is or not, or what the actual figures are today....but tomorrow, they will be worse, and worse the next day, and the next, and the next. That is actual people dying, not ants / fleas. PEOPLE, and more will die tomorrow.

It really doesn't matter the percentage / death rate / or which ever you wish to calculate it... these are human beings that are dying or going through hell to survive this, and most likely will die from this next year. These are thousands of families destroyed over the loss of their brother, sister, mother, father, loved ones...

...and all you can do is argue between yourselves stating that you are loosing money / freedoms / choices etc. These people lost their lives.

How F**KING selfish are you?

Where is your humanity?

Give me a break your post is over-hyped fear mongering! Yeah the flu virus will come back in the fall like every virus since the dawn of man!  There's been viruse since millennium, if people lived under a rock we probably still be living in the stone age! Again need to remind you people living in fantasy land is not gonna feed you. You do realize crops are rotting and ranchers are killing their cattle? You do realize shutting down the economy will cause millions of people to starve to death? And sorry you cant really expect people to not have problem with flawed math!

• Like 1

I agree with your original post, people are getting sick of staying inside and just want to return to normal, but we need to give it more time so we don't overwhelm the hospitals and lose lives for no good reason. However I will say this.

Currently there are tons of people who are out of jobs, they have no money, but they still have bills to pay. This is the #1 problem I see at the moment, yes the stimulus was helpful, however it was only 1 time and the amount isn't enough to even cover rent in some places and in others not much else, though it's certainly better than nothing.

People can't keep living in the dark about whether they will or wont have enough money to pay the bills next month or even keep food on the table. There needs to be some sort of bill that gives people money like the stimulus EVERY MONTH UNTIL THE PANDEMIC IS OVER.

Another thing, even if people wont be kicked out of their apartments due to the pandemic if they can't pay the rent, that's just going to put them into a situation where they're just accumulating debt every month that once the pandemic is over they'll never be able to get out of, especially since most families live month-to-month.

So I think some of the backlash is due to families kinda being left to fend for themselves when they've been left up a creek without a paddle.

The only way I can see some of this being resolved is if debt collected for unpaid dues during the time of the pandemic are wiped (that payments were started prior to the lock down to prevent abuse.) This way atleast people wouldn't come out of the pandemic in debt due to something that's beyond their control.

I hope this made sense, it was kinda just my stream of consciousness talking so I might've gotten a little off track in some parts.

15 hours ago, WetDad said:

You still don't understand- the death rate (fatality rate to be precise) is the number of people who have contracted CV-19 divided by the number of people who died from CV-19. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TOTAL POPULATION NUMBER. 

This is a serious epidemic, and the numbers are not even approaching accurate yet. 

There is a website with far more accurate numbers than is quoted here, currently the fatality rate is at 5.88%.

Stay home, stay safe, learn to enjoy your longer hair and unpainted fingernails.

My original statement was based on an idiot saying the virus has killed almost 3 percent of the U.S. Population. I KNOW the difference between the population and the number of people that have contracted the virus. I COMPLETELY understand that the number pf people that have contracted the virus and the death rate of those people the percentage will CLEARLY be  a higher number. I was NOT, REPEAT, NOT speaking of that number! I was simply speaking of an idiot that was saying it has killed almost 3 PERCENT of the U.S. Population. It VERY CLEARLY has not killed 3 percent of the U.S. Population. It has Killed ONLY .0003 percent of the U.S. POPULATION. Please BANG THAT INTO YOUR HEAD!

On 5/30/2020 at 5:12 PM, WetDad said:

Sorry to nitpick, WetDad.

EPI- (Areawide)   Definition: "upon, over, around or besides"

PAN- (worldwide)

-DEMIC (Having to do with population)

PAN-DEMIC: Having to do with worldwide population (as in regards to illness/contagion).

You said epidemic - I know it was a typo and you meant pandemic - I've made similar typos (ALL THE TIME), but I'm just bored and a bit OCD and had to point it out...  Sorry, my bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to say to everyone, as states start to open up again, that doesn't mean we should stop with our personal protection (I don't mean our diapers).  We should still wear our masks and keep social distancing.  Wash hands frequently and try to avoid touching your face and contact with others.  As many are seeing on the news, about half the states in the U.S. are seeing a big surge in new Covid-19 cases, dangerous surges in Arizona and others.  While some people here have taken exception to the cautions I've mention, what I feared most is starting to happen.  A resurgence of the disease as predicted.  If we publicly go out now that more and more states are opening up, please for everyone's sake keep wearing a mask and take precautions!  Everyone has been saying the states have to open up and people need to get back to work.  If we don't keep up the safety measures, distancing, masks and limiting crowd numbers, states will start shutting down again, we will be right back where we started 3 months ago and no one wants that!  If people are reckless instead of remaining cautious, that is where we will end up putting us so far back it will be even longer for states to reopen the next time, not counting the rise again in deaths!   

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Sad item on the news last night.  First I want to say there are a lot of plain idiots out there, including a few friends of mine.  I was chatting with a fellow in Diapermates and he mentioned going to a big outdoor beach party.  I stated that I was keeping away from places like that due to the surge in Covid and reminded him to be safe and wear his mask.   His response was for me to stop watching the news, the Covid-19 is all fake and just something started by politicians and the media to make Donald Trump look bad.  SERIOUSLY?  My God!  In Florida, California, Arizona and over 30 states the virus is not only on the rise but in levels not yet seen here in the past 4 months.   Even the Governor of Texas has reversed his stance on public masking.  Florida has 1,500 new cases overnight and that number is going up higher than that each day.  At least here in Michigan our Governor has issued an executive mandate that masks must be worn in any enclosed public place and that means all retail stores.  If no compliance, fines will be issued and the stores could lose their business licenses.  At least someone has a brain, and before I get flamed, at the start of Covid-19 in the United States, Michigan was the fifth highest state for people testing positive for Covid-19.  With the steps our Governor took early on, we are now ranked 10 in the country for the lowest Covid-19 cases.

Anyway, some people are just doing as they please with their gatherings and no compliance.  It's a game to them, they don't take it seriously and look what is happening now.  The average age for people with Covid-19 is 30 and under.  Seems this 30 year old guy from Texas went to a "Covid" party, the idea being someone had been exposed to the virus so lets have a dare and have a party, kind of like the Tide Pod challenge where people stupidly put a Tide Pod in their mouth and see who can keep it in the longest before spitting it out.  Some teens have died as a result.  This fellow who attended the Covid party came down with it and died 2 days ago.  STUPID!  His last words were reported to be, "I think I made a mistake.  I thought this was a hoax, but it's not".  NO SHIT!  https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/13/30-year-old-dies-covid-party-texas   https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/12/us/30-year-old-covid-party-death.html  Unfortunately his dare and mistake cost him his life at age 30.  How many other's must die needlessly because they think this is all a hoax or media hype in spite of the reality happening all around the world.  THIS IS NOT A HOAX OR JUST MEDIA HYPE!  People are dying.  What is the big deal about simply wearing a mask when you go to the store or around public?  I wear a mask at work all day long and it's not a big deal, especially when I realize doing so could save my life.  People need to think of their health and the health of others instead of having the attitude, "I can do what I want and no one is going to tell me what I can or can't do!"  I think it's not so much the actual wearing of a mask that bothers some people, it's that these people don't feel anyone should be telling them what to do.  Cut your nose off to spite your face.  Unfortunately, by the time they finally wake up and realize just how serious this really is, they may be in the hospital isolation ward gasping out their last breath just as this 30 year old from Texas did.

• 1 year later...

It is now January 2022, a portion of the world population are dead from a virus that many stated didn't exist! ...and it is STILL HERE, infecting idiots, mutating to become a new variants, and still killing.

Even if it does not directly kill those it infects, it does reduce lung function for a time.

The simple advice I have been saying for the past 2+ years = wash hands, stay away from people and wear a kn95 type mask in public. This gives you a 95% chance of not catching the virus!

19 minutes ago, babykeiff said:

It is now January 2022, a portion of the world population are dead from a virus that many stated didn't exist! ...and it is STILL HERE, infecting idiots, mutating to become a new variants, and still killing.

Even if it does not directly kill those it infects, it does reduce lung function for a time.

The simple advice I have been saying for the past 2+ years = wash hands, stay away from people and wear a kn95 type mask in public. This gives you a 95% chance of not catching the virus!

Mask only work, except when they don’t 

We have lived through many viruses through the years much more deadly than this one without them 

But hey if people choose to wear them than fine 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
16 minutes ago, Rachael-Little said:

We have lived through many viruses through the years much more deadly than this one without them 

It does help to wear the right mask.  I buy N95's by the box, and routinely use them in tandem with goggles when taking an electric saw to brick or concrete, never mind wood.  They are designed for particulate matter.  But I would never settle for a 95 when spray painting, even outdoors.  Here you move up to a respirator mask with one or a pair of charcoal filters.  Again, however, do not discount the goggles.  The eye is a wet membrane, and will easily admit viral material.  For that matter, people should not neglect open wounds or sores, which offer still more channels into the body.  People should always keep in mind that ours is a CIRCULATORY system.

56 minutes ago, Rachael-Little said:

You get it. Most people are so scared of something that they shouldn't be. Even our scientists are starting to admit we are over vaccinating ourselves and those that are "break through infections" just line back up for a 3rd, 4th, and likely 5th shot MEANWHILE everyone isn't seeing the awful tyranny going on across the globe. Just in the news today, something I would have expected in China, but nah, Canada. You have to have a VAC card to shop and can only go to Grocery Stores that have x-amount of sq footage, and must be followed around so you don't purchase anything on the unapproved list if you are unvaccinated. The thing not one is talking about is natural immunity like it doesn't exist. The same folks that used to complain about big pharma are now happy to line up, get the jab a dozen times, and line the same people pockets they all hated a few short years ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Distance works better than mask.
I only shop early in the morning or late in the evening.

Not been sick, and only used mask some times cause it was required by law, not cause I needed it.

I have 2 shots, and gonna get my 3rd in February.

Its the non-vaccinated that mostly get sick and drags everyone down with them.
Here 10% of the population is not vaccinated, but they take up half the capacity in the hospitals.
There is news about people not vaccinated dying often, but never about people that are vaccinated.
(There is vaccinated people that have died with covid, but it wasn't the cause of death)

11 hours ago, AwakenEvil said:

You get it. Most people are so scared of something that they shouldn't be. Even our scientists are starting to admit we are over vaccinating ourselves and those that are "break through infections" just line back up for a 3rd, 4th, and likely 5th shot MEANWHILE everyone isn't seeing the awful tyranny going on across the globe. Just in the news today, something I would have expected in China, but nah, Canada. You have to have a VAC card to shop and can only go to Grocery Stores that have x-amount of sq footage, and must be followed around so you don't purchase anything on the unapproved list if you are unvaccinated. The thing not one is talking about is natural immunity like it doesn't exist. The same folks that used to complain about big pharma are now happy to line up, get the jab a dozen times, and line the same people pockets they all hated a few short years ago.

Agreed, how so many are blind to what is really going on and it has nothing to do with the virus 

Some studies are showing that boosters are bad for our own natural immune system and actually may weaken it in the long term