LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The "pee dream" and wetting the bed one time.

Only one time since I was very little did I wet the bed.

(I think I had a big bedwetting problem as a toddler or preschooler, but I don't remember it.  I remember when I was in elementary/junior high school the mattress for my bed was absolutely covered in pee stains that had been there as long as I can remember, but I have no clear memory of how they got there so I'd clearly stopped wetting the bed by the time I was school-age)

My one episode of adult bedwetting was in the fall of 2002.  I was a college student, living in a house off campus with 3 of my friends.

One night, I was out cold sleeping in bed.  I was having a dream, that I really, really needed to pee, badly.  In the dream I was desperately looking for a bathroom.  In the dream, I finally find one.  I go in and I stand at a urinal.

On it's own that seemed a little unusual.  You see, I'd been wearing panties and always peeing sitting down for about 3 years by that point, since I moved out of the dorms.  I hadn't peed standing up since early 1999.  Yet, in the dream, it was like I had to, like I both desperately needed to pee, and there wasn't a toilet available. . .so in the dream I pulled my jeans and panties down and tried to pee like a male. . .but I just couldn't go.  In the dream, I couldn't release my bladder muscles, I couldn't unclench my sphincter.  I stood at the urinal for a painfully long time while I fought with my body to relax those muscles, until I finally was able to let go. . .it felt so good, such wonderful relief to be able to pee. . .

. . .but something was wrong.  Instead of the sound of urine hitting a urinal, it sounded like urine hitting cloth.  Also, I started to feel really warm and wet around my crotch, quickly spreading to my abdomen and thighs. . .

. . .and I jolt awake to find myself laying in bed, on my belly, wetting the bed and with a pool of pee up to my belly and down to my knees.  I force myself to stop peeing as I get up and survey the damage.  It was the middle of the night.  I was able to change my clothes and toss my sheets in the washer without my housemates noticing.

The thing was, I hadn't been drinking alcohol, I hadn't drank a particular lot of anything the night before that I could recall.  It seemed like a wild accident, a fluke.

While I had only very limited times I'd been able to indulge my ABDL side, I definitely had those feelings and the thought crossed my mind. . .what if I was becoming a bedwetter?  Could this be an excuse to actually wear diapers?  Could I, or should I, let my friends know (they were pretty accepting of my issues about gender)?  I was doing the mental math on if I could get away with buying some adult diapers at the supermarket across the street without anyone noticing and wearing them to bed for the next few nights in case it repeated.  I decided to do this, and late one night, after everyone else had gone to sleep, I went and bought a pack of store-brand diapers and snuck them into the house without anyone noticing.  I wore them under a pair of sweatpants, and wore one every night for the next two weeks. . .until I ran out of ones in the pack.  I hadn't wet the bed again (although I did wake up in the morning needing to pee, and figured I wouldn't let the diaper go to waste so I at least wet myself), and while I thought it would be fun to wear a diaper to bed every night, the stress of hiding it all from my roommates (I'd decided to not let them know, and had been elaborately ensuring they couldn't/wouldn't find my used diapers every day) had been too much.

Has anyone else had a similar one-time bedwetting episode as an adult?  Did you treat it as an "excuse" to wear diapers when you otherwise wouldn't?  Were you worried?  Excited?

I've had dreams where I was peeing in different situations.  Toilets, in public, unusual situations and I was sure I had wet my bed but I never have, thank God!  My brain is hard wired to not wet even in those dream situations.

I have had a few of those peeing dreams, and I was standing at the toilet peeing, but it's been a  while, and when I had the most recent dream I did pee, I was diapered, I do remember a least once before I wore diapers and I woke up when I was just feeling the wetness. Back then I had to stop because my bad wasn't always protected. I tried to use the allergy issues I had to mostly keep my beds plastic covered before I wore diapers. Plastic fetish has always one of mine.

None that I remember that were exciting I am sorry to say.

But I did bring it up with my wife and later my Dr as an excuse to use diapers at night, but I didn't mention the dream.

That happened to me only and exactly once, that I would dream that I was peeing and I actually wet for real. I had those dreams more often than I can think of, but apart from this one instance I know of, it never transcended from dream into reality. 

Like Rusty said; from being toilet trained, we're pretty much hard wired not to do that.

• 3 weeks later...

I can remember vividly the first morning I woke up to find myself in a wet diaper that I had zero recollection of using.  This was several months in to what, at the time of responding, has been more than 15 months of 24/7 diaper use.  As @rusty pins has said, I think that there is a LOT of hard wiring to reverse before this occurs.

As it happened, there was no pee dream on that night although there HAD been pee dreams on earlier occasions.  It was unclear on those earlier occasions if I’d sleep-wet or not.  Typically, I’d have been a bit wet anyway when getting into bed and it honestly is a bit hard to reconcile dim episodes of sleepy waking & peeing during the night with the quantity of pee in your nappy the next morning!

On the night in question there was no doubt.  I’d gone to bed in a dry nappy, empty-bladdered and slightly inebriated to the point where I fell asleep before I could think to try to use my night nappy.  I woke up drenched the next morning with no idea how this had happened.  I didn’t even realise my nappy was wet until I stood up and felt it sagging and heavy around me.

It was inescapable that, for the first time in over fifty years, I’d wet myself whilst sleeping.  It took my brain some time to process that.

I’d never set out to lose control like that and when I first went 24/7, I’d imagined that I would abandon the practice if something like that were to occur. 

Instead, I found myself strangely sanguine about the whole thing: more curious than nervous and I just drove on past that warning sign, remaining in nappies 24/7.

After some weeks, it happened again.  Then again, and again until it was happening a few times per week.  Just like it does now.  I wake up with an empty bladder and a wet diaper every morning.  Sometimes I can remember bits and pieces of when at least some of that pee happened, other times nothing.  Just a pee-wet diaper and an empty bladder.

I’m not worried except that there’s a part of me that doesn’t know what will happen if I go to bed undiapered and my domestic circumstances are such that I can’t easily find out without potentially causing marital strife.  As luck would have it, I *did* have a pee dream the other week and woke to discover that my nappy had leaked badly and the bottom sheet was wet beneath me.  I was lucky to get away with that.

• Like 1
On 4/10/2020 at 8:48 AM, DiaperedJoe said:

Only one time since I was very little did I wet the bed.

The thing was, I hadn't been drinking alcohol, I hadn't drank a particular lot of anything the night before that I could recall.  It seemed like a wild accident, a fluke.

Has anyone else had a similar one-time bedwetting episode as an adult?  Did you treat it as an "excuse" to wear diapers when you otherwise wouldn't?  Were you worried?  Excited?

Drinking alcohol changes your sleep patterns and also decreases your anti-diuretic hormone production. Not sleeping well and producing more pee is a recipe for bedwetting.

• 2 months later...

I had this dream as a child but I have never been a bed wetter I remember I want to pee really bad and in the dream I was on my aunt house and nobody wanted to leave the bathroom for me to go, and remember saying if nobody let me in I will pee here because it was hurting and I started to pee in front of the bathroom door and woke to a very wet bed after growing up I had this dream a couple times and always wake scared touch my private to see if is dry. And 99% of the time I have to run to the bathroom because I am already bursting, but do wish to wet the bed again 

l can remember having peeing dreams, both, when l was very young and actually wetting my bed or in my Diapers (after being put back in them again), and in later years, after l had stopped wetting, and not wetting..both or All of these recalled Dream occurrences seemed to be similar, like having to go really bad,at the toilet, near or in water or wearing Diapers(and trying desperately and unsuccessfully to hide them from the people in my dream)  ..or sleeping over at someones house, commonly. All, dreaming l had wet..waking up frightened that l actually had and hadn't..l sometimes Still have them..:)

• 2 weeks later...

I've had that dream numerous times. I always make it to the bathroom.....except once. Talk about embarrassing! I could barely get the words out to tell my wife what had happened. She took it well, though.

The odd thing is, if I wear a diaper to bed, I still have to wake up and stand up to pee. 

On 5/5/2020 at 6:37 PM, rubbersheetmike said:

Drinking alcohol changes your sleep patterns and also decreases your anti-diuretic hormone production. Not sleeping well and producing more pee is a recipe for bedwetting.

It definitely is, ive had four alcohol induced bedwetting accidents un-diapered and completely soaked by bed sheets mattress and boxer shorts. twice my partener was in bed with me. Before we lived together when we used to go out drinking she used to stop over at mine. I didn't feel embarrassed at all because she has always been very understanding with me. ive wore nappies to bed after drinking for years now and have definitely had more accidents. ive woken up with a wet nappy with no idea of how it happened. But at least the sheets were dry and i don't class it as an accident because i did something about it to stop it being an accident. 

I remember my pee dreams usually went along the lines of undoing my fly and starting to pee but for some weird reason my crotch was getting warm....and then wake up wet.

Another common one was that I was suddenly at a body of water of some sort like the beach or river,  I'd start to walk into the water and thinking 'this dream is very realistic, I can actually feel the water soaking my pants' (I'd usually wake up shortly after I realised that I was dreaming)...then wake up in a  soaked bed.

2 hours ago, Puppyz said:

I remember my pee dreams usually went along the lines of undoing my fly and starting to pee but for some weird reason my crotch was getting warm....and then wake up wet.

Another common one was that I was suddenly at a body of water of some sort like the beach or river,  I'd start to walk into the water and thinking 'this dream is very realistic, I can actually feel the water soaking my pants' (I'd usually wake up shortly after I realised that I was dreaming)...then wake up in a  soaked bed.

Although not pee related I always subconciously know I'm wet as my dreams are always way more vivid once I've wet the bed.

In my pee dreams, I'm not wearing a diaper which sends me on a frantic search to find one, so I can wet.  In my dream, when I finally "discover" what I need to wear so I can pee, I wake up. 

On 8/2/2020 at 11:12 AM, triggernum2 said:

It definitely is, ive had four alcohol induced bedwetting accidents un-diapered and completely soaked by bed sheets mattress and boxer shorts. twice my partener was in bed with me. Before we lived together when we used to go out drinking she used to stop over at mine. I didn't feel embarrassed at all because she has always been very understanding with me. ive wore nappies to bed after drinking for years now and have definitely had more accidents. ive woken up with a wet nappy with no idea of how it happened. But at least the sheets were dry and i don't class it as an accident because i did something about it to stop it being an accident. 

I starting wetting the bed again in my 40s after being dry for several years and it was mainly because of alcohol. I learned my lesson when I was younger when a gf relegated me to sleeping on a cot for my bedwetting. Her attitude was that if I was going to do it I couldnt sleep in bed with her. Now I'm old and have been slept alone for more than 10 years so its not a big deal one way or the other.

• 2 weeks later...

And here I was thinking that it was only me. Jeeze. But you all have very good insight into this strange phenomenon. There are many times when I'm dreaming that I'm going into the toilet or something like such and I wake up to a flooded diaper and the need to change it ASAP and the GoodNites Bed mat that I'm sleeping on is also in dire need of getting changed.

5 hours ago, messyman said:

I have woken up peeing as a  adult once. I was living in an ABDL house at the time so my diaper use was pretty high but not that night. The only other incidents were alcohol related. 

Maybe I'm uneducated, but what's an ABDL house?  Like a half way house for diaper wearers when someone gets released from jail or the psych ward, or a house like a frat house except that everyone wears diapers?  Maybe a rooming house where everyone is AB/DL or just a house you live in with roomates who also wear diapers.

• 3 months later...
On 5/4/2020 at 11:42 PM, oznl said:

I can remember vividly the first morning I woke up to find myself in a wet diaper that I had zero recollection of using.  This was several months in to what, at the time of responding, has been more than 15 months of 24/7 diaper use.  As @rusty pins has said, I think that there is a LOT of hard wiring to reverse before this occurs.

As it happened, there was no pee dream on that night although there HAD been pee dreams on earlier occasions.  It was unclear on those earlier occasions if I’d sleep-wet or not.  Typically, I’d have been a bit wet anyway when getting into bed and it honestly is a bit hard to reconcile dim episodes of sleepy waking & peeing during the night with the quantity of pee in your nappy the next morning!

On the night in question there was no doubt.  I’d gone to bed in a dry nappy, empty-bladdered and slightly inebriated to the point where I fell asleep before I could think to try to use my night nappy.  I woke up drenched the next morning with no idea how this had happened.  I didn’t even realise my nappy was wet until I stood up and felt it sagging and heavy around me.

It was inescapable that, for the first time in over fifty years, I’d wet myself whilst sleeping.  It took my brain some time to process that.

I’d never set out to lose control like that and when I first went 24/7, I’d imagined that I would abandon the practice if something like that were to occur. 

Instead, I found myself strangely sanguine about the whole thing: more curious than nervous and I just drove on past that warning sign, remaining in nappies 24/7.

After some weeks, it happened again.  Then again, and again until it was happening a few times per week.  Just like it does now.  I wake up with an empty bladder and a wet diaper every morning.  Sometimes I can remember bits and pieces of when at least some of that pee happened, other times nothing.  Just a pee-wet diaper and an empty bladder.

I’m not worried except that there’s a part of me that doesn’t know what will happen if I go to bed undiapered and my domestic circumstances are such that I can’t easily find out without potentially causing marital strife.  As luck would have it, I *did* have a pee dream the other week and woke to discover that my nappy had leaked badly and the bottom sheet was wet beneath me.  I was lucky to get away with that.

Living the dream. Lucky guy

• 2 months later...

I had the pee dream just two nights ago.  I could feel that I really had to go and was getting close to wetting my pants, but just as I was about to, I woke up.  I'm taking it as a good sign that my efforts to become a bedwetter are paying off, because I haven't had the pee dream in years.

3 hours ago, Autiesaurus said:

I had the pee dream just two nights ago.  I could feel that I really had to go and was getting close to wetting my pants, but just as I was about to, I woke up.  I'm taking it as a good sign that my efforts to become a bedwetter are paying off, because I haven't had the pee dream in years.

You might be right.  I seem to recall that I experienced "pee dreams" for some time before an actual bed-wetting event.  Early on, pee dreams would wake me up, I would pee in my diaper and go back to sleep.  In the "transition" phase, there were a couple of protracted pee dreams that involved me needing to pee, repeatedly dream-peeing, only to need to pee again minutes later before some final, remarkably realistic dream-pee that DID provide relief.

These days, pee dreams are rare.  They kind of disappeared (but the wet night nappies did not).

• Like 1