LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper supply problems.

Ordered another case of diapers from Northshore on Saturday. Should have shipped on Monday. As of Thursday it still has not shipped. I have an 18 day supply on hand with normal usage.

Already starting to stretch out my supply. Pulling out the cloth and plastic pants from storage.

Hope things start moving again very soon.

To hear you are having problems with delivery. Because of brexit I had already started to stockpile and now have a very large stash. I've now got in excess of 6000 diapers because I thought the price would drastically rise. But what I did not expect this virus would possibly cause a problem with delivery or supply. If I could not get my usual diapers I would be absolutely stuck as I am 24/7 dependence.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

I think Adam stated he's not envisioning any shortages.

Amusingly today I was at Costco (they were out of toilet paper, again) and I heard a mother opine to her kids that give the lack of toilet paper, diapers wouldn't be a bad idea.

I don't get the idea that, oh there's no TP, just use a diaper. You still have to wipe the butt with a wipe if you use diapers. Just use a wipe if you're out of TP. 

• Like 1

I started using cloth wipes several years ago.  Now the toilet paper is strictly for guests.  Since I’m laundering cloth diapers anyway, cloth wipes get washed right along with them. 

I order from North Shore Care and Supply quite a bit and have never had a delivery problem.  They always send a delivery link with their confirmation of shipment order.  That way you can track your package.    They also normally use FedEx for shipping.  I live in NE Indiana and if I order before 7 pm eastern time get my order by the next morning.  

It is not that companies / manufacturers are OUT of product, it is the result of idiots panic buying. The supply chain is still in operation, but due to JIT, it takes time to catch up on orders and reset stock levels.

JIT = Just In Time, a stock control methodology that means that little to no stock are held in warehouses. A simple example of this is such :- Lets say that the average shelf space in your local shop for x product is 2 boxes of 12 units each (ie two boxes of wipes with twelve packs of wipes in each  box). The shop normally sells 12 packs a week - one box. The delivery time, from making an order is one week. As result, when there is only two full boxes on the shelf, an order of one box is placed and by the time that this is delivered, there is space on the shelf for the one box. This means that the shop does not need a back stores to hold the wipes. From the production side, the production company can make 1000 boxes in a 24 hour run. As a result, they only make the production run, when they have the orders to fill. Since the actual transport time is 4 days, not 7, the production company can wait 1-2 days before running the production and still make the delivery in 7 days following an order. Neither need the space to store unsold product except the shop, and it uses the sales floor to do same.

With the panic buying, this system has forced orders to be placed to restock shelves which has a linked affect to suppliers and manufacturers alike.

JIT is critical when it comes to perishable goods / product that have a best before date. The cost of storage and wastage of these products were being passed onto the consumer.

In equipment manufacture - like large aircraft etc, it is insane to have all the parts of the aircraft in the warehouse where one is trying to assemble it. They just get in the way. As a result, JIT is employed so the item that they are bolting onto the aircraft at 10 am is delivered at 9.30 am. In some companies, the time margin is finer than that.

I would not worry about delayed deliveries - these companies are doing their best to expedite the supply chain - it is in their financial interest to keep their customers happy.   

Yep, and remember things shipped from overseas typically come by container which from Asia takes about eight days.   So if you depelete the supply chain it takes more than a week to adjust.

As it is, things are starting to reappear in stores.   Costco had decent stocks of anything with the exception of toilet paper and for some reason fresh chicken.   There were limits on other things and signs warning you that others were not returnable (you hoard it, you're stuck using it.   Normally Costco takes things back.   We'll get like ten cases of water for a community event and they will take back what we don't use).

Received my order today. Email notifications didn't go out. All is well but I am going to accumulate a larger buffer incase of supply issues. 

As I'm working from home these days, I may rotate in cloth and plastic pants back into use. More laundry but not a bad idea. Don't have to worry about ointment odors.

I just read an article about supply chain stuff and panic buying that was entirely about Northshore. The reason everything was delayed was because of the panic buying, their orders went up by 2-3 times their normal demand, and there is only so many hours in the day to ship things. They must have just been a bit behind. People normally would bulk buy a month, but now are bulk buying 3-6 months or even a year.

https://www.digitalcommerce360.com/2020/03/20/how-a-medical-supplies-e-retailer-handles-the-coronavirus/

Since this virus can only last for up to 72 hours without a host, the maximum amount of time we need to be shut in is 3-5 days. That is if everyone complies.... but some people think that they are better than others - are immune to this etc....

It is the greedy, ignorant idiots that are costing the world up to 50% of the population to feed their greed.

PLEASE PEOPLE - STOP

Either we all comply or we all die.

• Like 1

It’s at times like this that I am pleased I use terry nappies and plastic pants. I make them myself and they are super absorbent (if a little bulky) and last ages. As my friends know I am incontinent from my prostate operation I doubt any will ask. But I do have a small stock of pull-ups which I shall use up ...  if I am allowed out. We have just had complete lock-down here in New Zealand, cannot even go fishing!!! But there is loads of food in the supermarket and five huge stacks of toilet paper. I shall order some tenas and see what happens.

The only problem with going to cloth diapers full time is that my laundry has increased by about 1/3.  Now, I’m washing diapers every other day instead of every 3-4 days. Now, I need to worry about restocking my laundry detergent.  

16 hours ago, babykeiff said:

Since this virus can only last for up to 72 hours without a host, the maximum amount of time we need to be shut in is 3-5 days. That is if everyone complies.... but some people think that they are better than others - are immune to this etc....

It is the greedy, ignorant idiots that are costing the world up to 50% of the population to feed their greed.

PLEASE PEOPLE - STOP

Perhaps the greatest post here!  Do what babykeiff says and just stay home unless absolutely necessary, and then if you have no choice but to go out, make it quick and stay away from people as much as possible!

On 3/22/2020 at 3:16 PM, babykeiff said:

PLEASE PEOPLE - STOP

The CV-19 virus will actually live on many surfaces for up to ten days. Copper is a rather anti-biologic material, and it still takes 72 hours to kill the CV-19 virus on that material. I agree that we all need to go in to hiding, but I think that the duration should be much longer.

23 hours ago, Clr224 said:

The only problem with going to cloth diapers full time is that my laundry has increased by about 1/3.  Now, I’m washing diapers every other day instead of every 3-4 days. Now, I need to worry about restocking my laundry detergent.  

My problem also and the septic tank cannot cope!

Up here in Canada I was able to get a new supply of diapers pretty quickly, though I did order from a company very close to me. It went through Purolator so I'm not sure if they just have more people on right now or I just got lucky,

Adam posted a mass email they are under staffed or staff operating remotely which is everyone just about right now . Your going to have to be patient with businesses right now . Northshore has always delivered in a timely manner , their struggling like other business. I understand and appreciate the dedication they have shown.

Shawnie

On 3/24/2020 at 12:30 AM, WetDad said:

The CV-19 virus will actually live on many surfaces for up to ten days. Copper is a rather anti-biologic material, and it still takes 72 hours to kill the CV-19 virus on that material. I agree that we all need to go in to hiding, but I think that the duration should be much longer.

It seems that 21 million people out of 1.4 billion population of China have somehow not being using their mobile phone service in the period January 2020 to now. Due to the misinformation coming from China, it is suspected that this is the death toll directly and indirectly from Coronavirus which works out at 15% of the population of China. Extrapulating this to the world population, the death toll would be 1.2 billion, or 1 in every 7 people.

If, according to WetDad, the virus can survive for ten plus days on solid materials like copper, a non bio-friendly material, this is the end of the food source for the world. - Every food source is either in cans / plastic packing. Since the virus can live for longer than the shelf life of some foods, this virus has the ability to invade our homes via our food containers. As a result, all going into hiding does is allow medical experts the time to create some form of cure for this.

Working on these figures, one in every seven people will die from this, while the rest of us might starve!!!

Welcome to World War III, the war fought without bombs and guns - the ultimate war for human survival where everyone is truly equal - no one has an advantage. The only fight that exists in this war is the fight of your immune system against this virus. Greed, ignorance, stupidity, muscle power, physical strength, wealth etc will not win this war!

We all have access to soap and water - we all can prevent us getting this.

• 3 weeks later...

"Hoarding" is what those who are irresponsible and don't prepare accuse those that are responsible.

Growing up, it was common that in winter, we would lose power for at least a week at a time, sometimes as long as 2 week. No phone for a week or more. And you may not be able to drive for a few days at least. So everyone prepared for such times. You bought beef a quarter or half cow at a time. You had extra freezers. You canned or froze food during the summer. You cut and seasoned 6 -10 cords of wood. (Note, cut and split wood takes a year to season.) You topped off your propane, and fuel oil tank by December at the latest. (In summer to get fuel oil cheaper.)  Going into winter, we had 6 months of potatoes in the cellar. Canned goods for at least 2 months, some up to 3. Items like soap and detergent were bought in bulk and we'd have a few months on hand. This was before there were Costcos and Sams Clubs.

This was NOT prepping. This was not "hoarding." This was normal. Everyone knew you had to be self reliant. But that you may also have to lend a hand to a neighbor if something happened. 

And BTW, this was CHEAPER to do than buying every week.

These days we don't have such power outages but I still like to have enough food and goods on hand for a month. I USED to have a few months of diapers available when I had the space.

But that was complacency and irresponsible. I'm already starting to build at least an 8 week supply of necessities. It is just common sense to plan for emergencies. Why have 6 months of cash on hand if there isn't anything to buy? Nope, not again!

Kicking myself now for not buying that extra freezer.

Just hope we don't have round 2 going into winter.