LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Are You or Your Diapper Wasted?

ppdude

Since I'm a cheap old bast**d, I don't want to change my diaper until it's either wasted or destroyed. Gotta get my money's worth out of the sucker.

This morning it was so wasted that it started to fall apart before I could get one tape undone. Stepped out of it, rolled it up and threw it in the trash.

What', if any, is the flashpoint for you to trigger a diaper change?

If I feel wet, It's likely to spring a leak the next time I wet it, so that's when it goes.

I plan to get wasted tonight but I'm only going to be at the next door neighbors, so I don't have to drive :)

My diaper change alert goes off when I start to feel my pee pee leak into my protective panties.  I know from that point the leak will soon spread to both my fixing panties and then onesie.  If I ignore leak detection the wet spot will soon grow to my pants.  

Usually it's a feeling that my nappy is a bit too heavy for safety.  Occasionally if I leave it too long, then like Mark I'll feel the legbands of my plastic pants have become damp - I try to avoid this though, as it's too close to the edge for my liking and also means I'll need to rinse the panties out too.  I'll change before this if I'm about to go out of course.

This morning though, it was waking up in a big wet patch.  This week I'm home alone so working on getting used to wetting at night more easily.  So I drank a bit more last night than usual (milk, not booze).  My night-time nappy had two thick cloth soakers in, so I was expecting it to last the night.  But it didn't.  I wet so much in the night that it was completely saturated.  I was actually happy about this, even though I don't really want to wake to a wet bed.  Firstly I was wetting lying down without much trouble, and secondly the nappies I'm wearing overnight seem to be doing their job pretty well.  The whole nappy was sodden before it started leaking.  Maybe I'll try to fit three soakers in tonight!

Anyway, the sheet, and two mattress protectors are in the washing machine now.  As soon as they're done I've got a load of nappies to wash too.

I know to change after  I feel the wetness between my front legs move lower towards the rear.   Some pull ups, like Northshore and Abena, are pretty thick in the back, so I wait a bit longer.

Time constraints.  I wear 2 or maybe 3 mornings a week and I do not live alone.  Others do not know I like to wear diapers.  Usually I wear a diaper for around 3 hours in the earl;y morning when I get up about 6:30 or 7am on days I don't have to work or have a commitment.  I check my e-mail and read the forums here and Diapermates and may do a little chatting.  After I'm done on the computer, it's time to start my day so I take off my diaper and go about business.  Sometimes I have wet my diaper moderately, sometimes not much and other times I have soaked it.  It depends on what diaper I put on.  Right now I have a plastic backed Wings diaper which I know is not that good, even by store brand standards.  Yesterday I had a plastic backed 4 tape Attends disposable and after 2-1/2 hours it was totally soaked front to back and had leaked on my computer chair.  Some diapers will last me up to 4 hours, some as little as 2 hours depending on which brand I put on.  I get mine from Goodwill and thrift stores so they are not premium diapers.  It wouldn't pay for me to buy premium diapers for 3 hours only.  I save premium diapers for when I go out of town for the day.

Time is my issue for wearing.  If 3 hours go by, I'm ready to get out of diapers and start my day and my diaper is wet but still has a lot of capacity left, so be it.  If 3 hours have gone by and my diaper is saturated and leaking, so be it as well!  I just let it leak, finish what I'm doing and then wipe off the chair.  If I'm going to be home and have the day to myself wearing diapers most of the time, I will change from my wet diaper into a dry diaper after 2 or 3 hours if need be. 

When I last had a diaper, I could empty my bladder and it would be soaked but did not leak. Once I went twenty four hours without changing it, or feeling any need to. Although I wanted to be able to wake up in a diaper on my birthday this year (ie next Sunday), budget doesn't allow. But I hope to get diapers the following day. I just need to find something that won't leak. That is literally my biggest concern when setting aside money for diapers... it being a waste. But I like being totally wet for a number of hours if possible. 

...I would like to be wasted with wine so that I do not waste a good diaper, after all, isn't that what they're primarily for? A good wetting? Wine & wetting go hand in hand to me, anyways!!!