LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A permanent baby?

I can honestly say being an adult really isn t fun as much as I thought when I was young and wanted to be bigger. I've lost people to drugs, I have depression, and as I get older I fond for the childhood memories I have and the lack of responsibility  had back then is desirable but permanently might be too extreme. 

When I see threads like this I always immediately think of HeidiLynn who lived her AB life openly, and who probably went as far as is possible into this direction. Whether a dream or nightmare, or whether it was a total experience is something for each to decide for themselves.

From the practicality point of view, living this way first requires a financial independence few will ever have. Second it requires the prerequisite parent- one person minimum- who will play the offsetting role equally. Third is that nothing is really permanent.

Like most other things of a 'dreamlike nature', nobody or nearly nobody achieves them. Most of those with the desire will lose that desire once they 'live their dream' awhile due to it not being quite the way they imagined it would be. Much in life (all?) is beyond your control, and you certainly not control what others do unless they accede to your wishes which isn't how a parent-baby relationship works. It might turn into your worst nightmare to attempt it- there is very little chance of it being your 'nirvana'. But that fact will never stop the desire and dream.

There is also the question of whether you have the right to encumber someone who loves you dearly with placing your wants entirely ahead of theirs, for that is what happens with real babies. The difference with real babies is that they eventually grow up so that encumbrance is temporary and known to be like that. To continue forever as a baby changes that point into something entirely different which is where the question arises. To continue as a baby forever removes from them the joys of seeing you grow up which is the main benefit of being a parent. As a 'permanent baby' that is gone, and it's absence is bound to affect the relationship. On a less pleasant level, what will happen if the 'parent' dies or otherwise is no longer going to be there in that role? What effect will it have on you and can you survive it?

So I think it's great to dream, and itr's bliss when you've got someone who is along with you to help you achieve your dreams. But this is something which is best left in the realm of dreams, and experienced only to the point where it begins to harm you or someone else in some way. Other people have dreams too and unless theirs matches yours it's not really going to work out in reality. Take the wins you can get in life and be content with them- don't risk losing those wins by gambling for everything or nothing ;) If you do you're always going to end up on the 'nothing' side :crybaby:

Bettypooh

• Like 1

Yes I’ve always wondered if I found a mommy if I could regress to a full time baby and yes I do understand it’s not likely.

Yes I’ve fantasize about it thinking how lovely it would be permanently in diapers sleeping in my crib and all such things.

Then I understand that the reality is I think it would be much better to just be an adult baby  emphasis on adult, where yes I’m a baby most of the time where if I had a mommy she took care of me and then a part where yes I had to play adult either for mommy or for others.

Full time 24/7 baby yes a dream but not practical 

I don't know how it would feel but I'd sure be willing to give it a try. There are a lot of adult things that would be easy for me to give up. As long as my mommy (I don't have one) was also fully on board, I think I could be quite content as a full time toddler. Of course I wouldn't be able to post here. Mommy could do that and tell me about it. ?

On 7/10/2019 at 3:13 PM, Pampertimmy said:

I don't know how it would feel but I'd sure be willing to give it a try. There are a lot of adult things that would be easy for me to give up. As long as my mommy (I don't have one) was also fully on board, I think I could be quite content as a full time toddler. Of course I wouldn't be able to post here. Mommy could do that and tell me about it. ?

Well it has happened to a few people - albeit VERY few - and so you can find out how it worked for them. There was a newspaper article decades ago about exactly this happening and a sister had looked after her permanent baby brother for 40 years when he died at 80. So it does happen in real life.

• 1 month later...

Whilst I have no aspirations myself to live fulltime as a baby (beyond my 24x7 nappy habit, I have only slight regressive tendencies), I was still curious about how such a lifestyle decision could be 100% viable.

With a long-haul flight and an empty seat next to me affording the luxury of reading without an adjacent passenger sharing the content, I downloaded this book to my Kindle and read it, learning a little about the idea of a “Fulltime, Permanent Adult Infant” (FPAI): the kind of “end of the road” for AB extremism.

It possibly didn’t help that there was a truth disclaimer on the first page: “Any resemblance to any person, either living or dead, or actual events are coincidence” (perhaps that’s some kind of standard legal defensive blurb and I can discount it as literal truth) but at the end of my read I remained at best still curious and at worst, just a little skeptical.  I’m just struggling to accept that the story as described.

The biggest missing piece in this puzzle in my mind related to the aspects of this story NOT told.   Like so many regression-themed stories, it celebrated the journey more than the destination but I don’t think the journey is the biggest challenge. 

How do either party withstood the sheer banality of unremitting infantilism or indeed, whatever it was they did every day as FPAI and carer to pass the time between nappy changes?

More objectively, how does the FPAI and/or their carer, navigate routine medical or dental appointments as an apparently aphasic, semi-ambulatory pseudo-infant (as opposed to simply a normal, functioning adult making abnormal underwear choices) without getting sectioned as a mental patient or at least facing significant pressure for clinical, social services or even legal intervention?

What is the social equation whereby the (usually female) partner gives up the pact with her spouse-as-equal and allows such dependency and helplessness to emerge?

And then, there is the usual, dare I say it, formulaic procession of factors that we see from so many allegedly true stories from this source:

• The conflation of gender identity with regression

• The emergence of a specifically-named sub-identity

• The prominent role of one or more “hyper-enabling” female figures

• The renunciation of personal agency on the part of the regressive

• The pattern of the narrator re-interpreting “Milestones”, such as acquired incontinence or the resumption of bottle feeding from personal decisions toward inevitable clinical signs of an inescapable and progressive pathology. 

That’s not to say it was a “bad read”, it wasn’t.   I think it is better to have these kind of publications than not to have them.  It’s more that I don’t think it is what it seems to be.

There was one note in this book that DID resonate with me but not in the way you might expect.  It was a comment from another FPAI carer whose own story was indented as a kind of brief sub-feature from the main event.  The carer “Odette” said:

“His infancy stole his adultness from him.  Part of me is angry about that…”

If this is true, I feel sorry for her.  I think she has every right to be angry but “his infancy” was NOT some bad actor that hid in the corner of their lives to creep up in the middle of the night and “steal” her spouse’s adulthood.  This was HIS decision: he handed in his adulthood keys, moved to the baby seat in the back and left her to do all the driving alone.  She *should* be angry and arguably, he *should* be single.

• 1 month later...

@oznl @rosalie.bent interesting and detailed perspectives.  It's hard to know if the stories are true or an urban legend for 24/7 full time “Fulltime, Permanent Adult Infant” (FPAI).  I suspect the banality and boredom would be the thing to make the difference.  It is an interesting perspective on what we put "old" people through though.

On 6/21/2019 at 5:28 PM, rosalie.bent said:

One of the regular themes of AB fiction seems to be the idea of becoming a baby FOREVER. I suppose it speaks to our often desperate desire for the time to be a baby as much as possible. For many, those baby desires never leave and simply bubble beneath the surface. I've read a lot of those types of books, but they always talk about the process of getting there, but little about what it is like to actually be a real-life permanent baby. That is probably because such a existence is impossible. EXCEPT IT ISNT!

I personally know a small number (6) couples where one of them is now permanently infantile. it sounds like both a dream and a nightmare all at the same time and to be honest, that is how it is in real life too. I've twice read about situations like this in the regular media and it has always fascinated me and perhaps terrified me. I have my own very deeply regressive sissybaby and the idea of him regressing to infancy and never coming back, does not thrill me. In the early days of babying him, it was one of my fears. But for the vast majority of us, our psychological makeup simply prevents it from happening. But for a very very few, that is not the case.

From talking to my own baby and others and from watching their behaviour and utter contentment at being very deeply infantile, I get the attraction and perhaps for them, it would be a utopian existence. But not for their carers! Living as a happy infant, devoid of anything adult does sound quite attractive!

I wonder now how people honestly feel about the idea of permanent infancy, IF they had a support mechanism that could make it viable. 

Thoughts?

I've never been in to the idea of permanent infancy. Part of it though is that the fantasy is that I am a three year old toddler. I'm independent and I do what I want. The only thing I am actually dependent on is that I am still in diapers and I get my diaper changed. 

• 3 weeks later...

Nope.

I like being an adult, I also have finally reached a point where I like being an adult in cute baby clothing and diapers. Really the closest dynamic I would want is to be "permanently her little man." Like having the best of both worlds wearing diapers and jammies, hugging my stuffed dinosaur while watching some R rated horror on my SO's lap. I can cook the food, do the chores, change my own diaper, and do adulting but also with velcro shoes, overalls and stuffies.

Plus fixing the house in overalls is always fun.  ☺️

I am one of the ones who is lucky enough now to have a girlfriend who lets me wear diapers, be a baby but within limits because we both do not want a fetish to overrun my life.  Plus I am one of those who loves to read thick books without pictures, watch adult dramas, etc and also adult sitcoms.  I also love my Star Treks too much to give them up as well.  I would not want to be a full-time baby as I also would have to give up something else I love- baseball.  I love the game.   I also love watching college football, NFL, etc as well as hockey.   

Being stuck watching kids shows like Paw Patrol, Barney, Peppa the Pig et al would probably drive me MAD. 

I also love to play Grand Theft Auto, other adult video games as well.  

So I would not want to be a full-time 24/7 baby.  My girlfriend lets me use baby bottles, pacifiers, talk as an adult, etc- and she changes my diapers.  But we are BOTH adults and I prefer it that way.   I do not want a crib, I did at one point; I do not want to give up my adult interests and hobbies- besides babies do not build scale model kits of cars, helicopters, Star Trek ships, write, draw.

I have for one, wondered for years if it was really real if people really did do it that way.   I admit; I had entertained the thought of being an adult baby full time IF I got lucky but I never did.  I am lucky I have an understanding girlfriend who also understands regression, playing with toys, sleeping with a stuffed killer whale and blankie- are comfort things to me as well as using my bottles, pacifiers but I do that within reason and all. 

I would never want to be a full-time baby as I once thought I did back when I was in my twenties and all.  I realized I loved my adult life, my adult social life, drinking the occasional beer, reading thick novels with no pictures and also hanging with my friends who enjoy baseball. 

Yes, I had thought and wondered what it would be like to be a permanent baby but over the years I have learned to keep my ABDL self under control and be careful with as any other thing in life.  

Sorry if this long-winded, but I just felt I had to comment and all.   

BabyChris

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say, much as I love the kink, I'd never want permanent 24/7. First of all, I think it would get boring after a while. Second, it would seem like a very unfulfilling life. At some point I'd want something mroe to be proud of then a pile of diapers. It be like asking "do you want to play video games 24/7?" Seems fun at first, depressing in the long term.
Then again, I'm not everybody. If someone is living that way and satisfied, it isn't up to me to judge. Different people are happy different ways.

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...

Being a baby 24/7/365 is a logistical and financial disaster waiting to happen. It would strain any relationship as it will be a one-sided where all the baby would do is take, take, take eventually draining the caregiver and more than likely leading to ill feelings from caregiver to any other potential AB/DL caregiver relationship for a long time, if ever again. Wearing 24/7 is one thing, but regressing to infantile mentality with no adult interaction  might be a fantasy for many, and there it should lie. I have been blessed to have partners who were willing to try 24/7 diaper discipline and when the decision to stop was made it was welcome by both of us. The first time you leak in public its very embarrassing to say the least. When your older people are more understand than when you're younger and should have been long out of the diaper stage, unless you are a special needs person, or medically incontinent. Most incontinent people don't flood their diapers. It's more of a constant dribble for most, or spurts from stress, or strain.

Doing 24/7 completely as a baby also could take a physical toll on your caretaker also. It will definitely have a mental toll on them over time. I see many younger men and women wanting someone to take care of them for the rest of their lives, which is possible, but financially it would be nearly impossible unless you were a trust fund baby with unlimited financial resources to hire professional caretakers, a CNA, or candy striper type of person that was used to emptying bed pans and changing charges. You could probably hire someone part/full-time for $15.00 to $20.00 to take care of you, but nothing sexual. I know for me when I was younger there were pipe dreams of being 24/7 in the care of a Dommy Mommy FemDom Woman. But as I have aged and had four strokes, two heart-attacks along with open heart surgery wearing diapers is now a common place for me due to the diuretics I take to keep the fluid off my heart so I don't get into congestive heart failure, and also the GI bleed I had that dropped hemoglobin to 5 now has burdened me with gastral intestinal IBS-D at times when I think I have bloating gas, it isn't gas at all,, and I get to fill my diapers.

Finding someone who will take care of a person 24/7 requires love, and dedication from that person as it means give up pretty much what they ever want from life to dedicate their time to taking care of the baby. This is a loving mother who's son/daughter was born with some physical disability that requires the level of care. A casual encounter with some random person isn't going to want the financial burden, or physical and mental stress of caring for an adult for the rest of their lives, under 99% of the time. So, it will remain a fantasy for most. 

I think being a permanent baby is basically being wanting brain damage or a severe Intellectual Disability. I like the idea of being severely mentally impaired. It's going to be hard to find a partner that will take care of you. You would need residential care or group home, most people with severe intellectual disabilities are effectively treated like babies.

• Like 1