LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

24/7 startups, and unexpected pitfalls?

6 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

The part where it leaked into my t-shirt and my bedding seemingly did not occur - I had made that part up in my dream

I told @sparklezBear in an answer to her question that I hadn't had a "bedwetting" dream.  Your story just reminded me that I DID but had forgotten it.  Not directly bedwetting but woke up to discover a catastrophic nappy leak.  Technically though, it involved a wet bed.  Panicked about how I would get this one past domestic security (snoring gently next to me) before falling back asleep (that should have been a clue - I can't sleep in a wet bed it seems).

I awoke the next morning to discovery it was all a dream.  All of the pee was safely in my nappy.  That was probably more than a year ago.

6 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

then, gotten out of bed, and acted as though the dream events were real.

Uh, nope...   Didn't get THAT far.  You're special!

I had a couple of firsts yesterday, something which is less common now than it was a couple of years ago, when everything I did wearing a diaper was more or less a first.

The first "first" was, getting a bit of diaper rash midway down my thighs. This perhaps would be better described as chaffing, although technically it was a rash from a diaper. Not that I've never had chaffing (or diaper rash), but, never geographically this far down before. I was wearing a Bambino Magnifico in medium, a great diaper, generally, although their construction differs from that of most ABDL products, in that they have stretchy wings, rather like a Pampers Cruiser or Swaddler. That makes them a better fit for me than most medium diapers, and I chose it specifically for its comfort, because I was playing 18 holes of golf on a hot day. With some beer drinking. And we walked the course. You can see where this is going - by the time we reached the back 9, the diaper was hanging down a bit, and the stretchy sides offered little resistance to that. My oversized shorts, which did a great job (hopefully) of concealing my diaper, had lots of room inside, and offered no constraint to, or protection from, the swinging of the distended plastic. The result was a painful welt forming a quarter of a way down the inside of my thigh, mysteriously, only on one side. But this is not an area where I would previously have considered applying diaper cream - it would end up smeared all over the inside of my shorts, and I'd smell like a nursery if I used that much of it. 

The solution, I guess, would be to go back to a practice I took from @oznl's playbook, but which, since the pandemic, I have been largely neglecting, because I don't travel for work at all anymore: a compression panty of some sort.

The second "first" was as follows: going "commando" for a few minutes, because I found myself trapped in my office, in a really big diaper, wearing inadequate camouflage - I had on an older pair of fairly thin shorts. A contractor showed up at my house to look at an issue with the HVAC up in the attic... inevitably requiring me to climb a ladder, with the guy possibly standing below, and then to walk stooped over in a confined space. I had a Rearz Barnyard on, at about 75% of capacity, and that's basically an overnight diaper for me - I'd wear it during the day, but generally only under oversized, heavy shorts or pants. I found myself in it, under the thin shorts, after rushing from the bed to the office for a meeting, and then being lazy, having decided (incorrectly) that I'd probably be uninterrupted for a few hours. 

It was only 10 minutes, so there was no danger of my violating the sanctity of my clothing, but it was still a bit uncomfortable - other than while swimming or showering, I haven't been out of a diaper in quite a while, and it felt weird. I think this tells me that I need to add a small stash of diapers to my office contents, since I now have to walk outdoors to get back inside the main house from there, and if there's someone on the driveway that I'd rather not converse with until I have either a fresh, or a smaller diaper on, then I'm effectively stuck, unless I go out the back door and attempt to crawl along my fence and enter the house from the other side. My wife might find that entertaining, though. 

I've booked golf again next week, determined to get out enough times to truly establish that I suck at it, and that the problem isn't just that I play twice a year. Also, I was being distracted by my diaper - I want a mulligan.

The universe has responded with some freezing rain and 4 C weather that, with the wind, feels like -2. My pool is steaming like a hot cup of coffee. Recall that I was out in shorts and a golf shirt a mere two days ago. Sigh. 

In support of my ongoing effort to burn through odds and ends in my nappy inventory (continuous improvement...), I am in a Rearz Elite in size medium. Which reminds me that these are a great diaper, really. My main issue with them is that the medium is very snug on my frame, starting out, with the leg gathers feeling like the too-small plastic pants of my youth. However, they relax over time - I put this one on last night right before bed, and now it fits pretty comfortably. The one-size-up option, large, is too much of a good thing, however - decadently comfortable, but, they start out bulky, and after a half-day in service, they become visible from space. 

So, the main problem for the Rearz Elite, at least in my world, is the existence of the NorthShore Megamax, because those, in medium, fit me perfectly from the word go. They're just slightly more generously sized, which makes the large of their ilk superfluous (they are comically big on me in any case). From a cost perspective, the Megamax is the better deal unless the Elite is on sale - but, that said, Rearz hosts sales at least 2 -3 times a year that my Megamax provider does not. Both diapers have amazing capacity, both have great tabs (albeit different, the Elite being a hook-and-loop system vs Mmax's tapes), and both are plain white in their most common form. The Elite has green stenciled "parking spaces" for the tabs on the front panel, but no colour options, although if you want colours, Rearz has 22 other models for that. The Mmax can be ordered in white (my current selection), or pink, blue, or tie-dyed. 

Speaking of large diapers, my Barnyard adventure of a couple of days ago is coming back to mind again. I need to pull a couple of "day-weight" diapers from my inventory and stash them in my office, so that I'm less likely to become trapped there again by circumstances beyond my control. 

Well, I can add another first to my list, and a rather distressing one at that... wearing a diaper somewhat in public. 

Background: this weekend, I had medical scan scheduled. This isn't the first time I've been to a scan since I went 24/7 - I had one last year as well (all routine follow-up stuff, nothing to report there). At the time, I was wracked with a bit of anxiety over what to wear - I didn't want to not wear a diaper, but, the procedure where I go is to get changed into a hospital gown, and then to wait in one waiting area, after which, you get sent over to another waiting area, and from there into a third, tiny waiting area, and from there, to your destiny. All of this in the basement of a large downtown hospital, via public hallways. In the end, I decided, back then, to wear one of my plain white, slim "store" diapers - a Depends. The only concession to my preferences was that it was plastic. Everything went exactly to plan, and it was a non-event - the diaper disappeared under my gown and I didn't feel unduly self-conscious. Any whispered diaper noises were more than drown out by the background din of a busy hospital floor. The whole thing was a confidence-inspiring non-event. One might even say "hubris-inspiring"...

So, now we shift focus back to this weekend. I have become an accomplished diaper-naut in the ensuing 18 months or so since my last scan, having "graduated" to wearing plastic-backed ABDL diapers all the time, everywhere, and, quite successfully, if one views "success" in these ventures as having a history of being comfortably diapered, while going undetected. I pulled out a Rearz Elite in medium for the appointment - they're a great diaper, very reliable, wonderfully comfortable, not particularly loud, and, being of medium size, they are a tad small on me, but, that assists in the stealth department. It was that, or a Megamax, but the Meg's are a bit louder, and, the elite has a hook-and-loop fastener, versus the Meg's nuclear-strength tapes. I figured if I need to snug up the tabs at any point, the Elite would allow for a quieter operation. 

Clad thusly, under oversized cargo shorts and a large sweatshirt, I strode confidently from the car park into the main building, cleared the Covid-protocols, and made my way down to the imaging area, a few minutes early, in fact. I checked in, and was immediately handed a hospital gown that was pre-packaged. This was a new development, undertaken, probably, because of the aforementioned pandemic. Back before 2020, there had been a bin of gowns one could select from, and, after March of last year, the intake staff had been handing out the same gowns out, but one at a time, I guess to discouraging unhygienic rifling. The completely prepackaged gowns were something new. 

I headed over to the changing area, went into a cubical, and opened up the garment I was to wear for the next couple of hours in various public and semi-public spaces. A bank of overhead lights were off, but, in the semi-dark, I could see that it was a paper-thin light blue "one size fits all" hospital gown, knee-length, and with poorly-planned ties located along the edges. The previous gowns had been constructed of a heavier material, and, the ties were inset from the edges, so that you could overlap the gown onto itself before securing it. Hmmmm. Already concerned, I never-the-less disrobed and put the gown on. I had to artfully bind the ties right at their roots to avoid any telltale gaps, but, in the dim light of the cubical, a self-scan in the mirror suggested to me that I had achieved sufficient modesty to proceed. In any case, I had no choice - I wasn't going to to "commando" for two hours, and the only diaper I had with me was the one I had on. There were a couple of Lil' Monsters in the crash kit in the car, but, swapping my underwear for ones emblazoned with colourful cartoon characters wasn't going to be of any help under such circumstances. 

I packed up my belongings, left the cubicle, stowed everything in a locker except my book, and, went up to the desk, which was located in a larger waiting area, to hand in my intake form. That's when I knew something was up - as I stood at a painted line about 6 feet back from the desk, the lady sitting behind the desk said "Uh, sir, uh, here... I'm going to get you another gown...." and she jumped up and dashed off to some inner area, leaving me standing there, holding my form. Her colleague at the next desk over was sitting, staring at me, looking somewhat alarmed. The first lady then reappeared through another door, tore open another of the gowns, and held it open for me like I was at a coat check, clearly inviting me to abandon the social distancing edict that has been ruling everything we've done for the last 18 months, and walk right up to her. Confused and starting to redden at the cheeks (behind my mask, hopefully), I walked over and slid my arms into the gown, and she stepped in front of me and with a quick motion, tied off the lower string. "Uh, that's better... thank you, sir" she said, and took my form to go reenter all the information that they already had. 

A couple of minutes later, I was told that I was now free to go wait in another area. All of these spaces have been heavily depopulated since the before-times, with every second chair taped off, etc, but there were still a few people sitting around, a couple in street clothes, and a couple gowned up like I was, depending on where they were in the process. One older guy, whom I had shared an elevator with, coming down, was giving me a lengthy stare. I made my way over to the second waiting room, which also had a few people in it, placed my book on a chair, and spied a washroom with a "vacant" indicator by the knob. I walked in, closed the door, and had my first real chance to examine myself, well-lit, in a mirror. Double-gowned as I was, I didn't look too bad... but, yeah, I had to admit, my derrière was a bit puffy. How had I looked under one gown? I had to know. So, I opened the second one and took it off, and then had another look in the mirror, under harsh white light rather than in the gloom of the changeroom.

Oh boy. From behind, and as viewed from the side, under the tissue-thin light blue... tissue? Cotton? Whatever it was... yeah, I could see my diaper. I could even make out the outline of the tabs - because it was a medium, the lower ones were essentially on the sides of my hips. Only at the front, where the material draped away from the diaper, was it remotely concealed. Had there been any writing on the back of it, it would have been legible. Had it been decorated with unicorns, that also would have been obvious. Hence the mild panic at the intake desk. A middle-aged man had strode unhaltingly into the room, confident, in cargo shorts and a sweatshirt, and then had emerged a couple of minutes later, looking like a lost dementia patient, wearing only a diaper, socks, and gauze. 

I reddened further, and pulled the second gown back on, tying it more carefully, trying to permit it to hang, rather than conform, to my lumpy lower profile. But no matter what I did, I could still see the bulk at the back of my diaper very clearly, and if I bent over, and then stood back up, without tugging the back of the gown down, it laminated itself to me like tracing paper, and provided a pretty detailed relief map of a Rearz Elite as viewed from behind. Sigh. Two hours and one waiting area to go, plus a walk down a public corridor. I was going to be tugging obsessively at the back of my "dress" every couple of steps, which would, I imagined, only serve to highlight the situation I had put myself in. But there was literally nothing I could do, short of going naked under the gown, and I didn't think that would be on anyone's wish list, either. And a leak, while unlikely, would have been catastrophic - I think the gown would have melted away like cotton candy, or become as transparent as cellophane. 

I left the washroom, and plunked myself straight down in my chair, then buried my face in my book. Now, the fear inside me had entirely escaped from its cage, and there was no longer any way for me to objectively read any situation. Everybody knew. The strangers in the waiting room thought I was an idiot. The medical staff all looked strained but sympathetic. The 20-something-year-old tech brought me a blanket like I was an old man, when I got into the inner chambers where the equipment was. A custodian held a door open for me. All possibly standard operating procedures, but, to me, it was because I was the guy in the diaper. Only once everything was over, and I had tossed the gowns into the trash and put my street clothes back on, did I start to feel like myself again. I let my guard down a bit once I left the imagery area, and made my way through the main, anonymizing atrium, with its high ceilings and busy atmosphere. Once again, I was just another guy in loose seasonal man-garb.

The experience did dredge a memory up from the primordial soup of my childhood, however. I may have related it here before. I don't recall what age I was, but maybe 7 or 8 - first or second grade. I woke up with a sore throat and a fever, and my mom abandoned her plans to shuffle us off to school, and to go into work herself, deciding to leave me in my pajamas on the couch. She repeatedly implored me to drink apple juice, however it burned my throat, and I didn't want to. Even now, apple juice tastes like illness to me.

Eventually, she decided that the best course was to take me in to see our doctor, at some point probably just after lunch, she bundled me, still in my pajamas, into a coat, and down to the car. I remembered that it felt weird because I was wearing winter boots, but no socks. Only once we got to the doctors office, and my mom took my jacket and hung it on the coat rack by the reception desk, did I realize that a critical step had been omitted... I was wearing pajamas, and, under them, a diaper. My lethargy was replaced by terror. I knew the pajamas I was wearing were small on me - they were soon going to be handed down to my brother. I knew that the top of my diaper was sticking out at the back. I knew that the shirt was too short and the pants were too small, for me to reliably overlap them. I backed myself into a chair and sat, riddled with anxiety. I was probably too ill to join the kids who were reading or playing at a low table over by a toy shelf, but even if I hadn't been, there was no way I was leaving my spot. My mom was oblivious, reading a People magazine or whatever. Would the doctor want me to... take... any clothes... of? This was unpredictable. Checkups were the only time for that, usually, but, one never knew. Doctors were mysterious in their ways. The clock seemed to run backwards. 

I don't remember much once we got called out of the waiting room - I think he basically looked down my throat, took my temperature, and handed my mom a prescription. Then, I was whisked to a pharmacy where, mercifully, I could leave my jacket on, although, and this is pure conjecture now, but, I would bet that I avoided going for a look-see in the diaper isle, as was my usual habit - I would have felt guilty by association, the fullness of my trousers summoning a psychic spotlight, were I surrounded by that wall of Pampers and Huggies, usually so alluring. Except that, then, it was all in my mind - nobody knew, or cared, what I had on under my pajamas. Whereas, this weekend, I am quite sure that it was NOT all in my mind. 

• Like 1

Well, at least you didn’t wet a bed!

I used to be a hospital “frequent flyer” with an ongoing heart condition that was finally (and thankfully) surgically corrected.

Prior to this “correction” (three weeks in hospital including 3 days in ICU several years ago), it was pretty common for me to be in and out, spending quality time semi-sedated in bed on an IV for fluids.

Let me tell you how THAT is likely to end these days if I have any kind of relapse ?

I’ve just put that thought into a can marked “future problems” and mentally kicked it down the road.

Having said that, AS a hospital frequent flyer, I’ve seen loads of diapered adults there (thanks to similarly immodest garb) and adult nappies were almost always within line of sight.  I remember on one sojourn, doing the obligatory lap of the ward with a physiotherapist, I walked past an open door to a private room and saw a guy my age laying on the bed on top of the covers, laughing and joking with what appeared to be family visitors clad in a hospital gown that was doing little to nothing with respect to disguising his very obvious adult nappy: hospital fashion rules I guess. 

As traumatic as it may have been for you (and would have been for me), I seriously doubt you surprised the staff.

18 hours ago, oznl said:

As traumatic as it may have been for you (and would have been for me), I seriously doubt you surprised the staff.

This is what I'm consoling myself with, although honestly, the reaction of the middle-aged woman who got me the second gown was fairly urgent. I feel badly that she felt badly for me - I didn't realize at the time how obvious it was that I was wearing a diaper. 

Honestly, I felt pretty put off immediately after the ordeal was over; one might even say shaken. However, when I got home, I left that diaper on and went about my business, even if my heart wasn't fully in it, and later, when it was time for a diaper change, I put my head down, reached into my diaper drawer, and pulled another one out. I had no choice - I literally had nothing else to wear. 

As has often been the case when things have gone somewhat awry for me in the nappy department, I often mentally summon the spirits of some of the people I have met here. Some of you are incontinent, or are living as though you are, and some of you, like @diaperedboilerman, are fearless and unperturbed in the face of "public" wearing. Some of you share more of my inhibitions than others, but all of you have faced down trials and tribulations, and have emerged largely triumphant.

Some of you who have been living life from inside a baby's underwear for years or even decades, have endured much more withering circumstances than a translucent hospital gown in a largely-unpopulated, semi-public space. You've been changed by strangers, you've been poked and prodded, you've been wheeled around in a diaper, you've had your next diaper left waiting for you on a bedside table or a window sill, as though your dignity was irrelevant, and on and on. Some of you wore diapers to school, some of you were left outside in one, or walked around the block, or left to play on the beach, with no recourse. So, surly, my resolve can emerge largely intact after such a minor exposure. I have to develop a thicker skin, just as that hospital has to develop thicker gowns. 

I probably won't have to go back there for another year or 18 months, but when I do, my plan, at least right now, is to wear a diaper, although I will probably pick something a bit less substantial than a Rearz Elite. Hopefully by then these pandemic protocols will be behind us, and the fabrics will be a bit more substantial. Although the crowds will be as well. 

Last summer was the first medical procedure I've done in a diaper.  I have yearly MRI's and wear Pull Ups in the MRI, but last summer I have an eye exam and choose to wear a diaper.   It was the same diaper as yours, but fortunately I kept my condition hidden.

I had boxers over my diaper, and went straight from the locker to the bed in pre-op.   There was little chance to move around and little chance of my diaper being exposed.

After almost 25 years of 24/7 and building up over time to the biggest, thickest diaper I could find that kept me dry has an effect on your psyche. You reach a point where you just don't care anymore what people think and sometimes get a chuckle from people's reactions. Most of the time, medical personnel don't react as they've seen everything. A lot of reactions are supportive or just plain neutral. Sometimes, it's funny watching people's reactions.

22 hours ago, ppdude said:

After almost 25 years of 24/7 and building up over time to the biggest, thickest diaper I could find that kept me dry has an effect on your psyche. You reach a point where you just don't care anymore what people think and sometimes get a chuckle from people's reactions. Most of the time, medical personnel don't react as they've seen everything. A lot of reactions are supportive or just plain neutral. Sometimes, it's funny watching people's reactions.

I think you have a point, @ppdude - I'm very early in this "career" - you are way, way out ahead of me. I hope to make it to where you are someday. This is literally the first time I've ever been in front of anyone other than my wife, in a (somewhat) exposed diaper. I had a couple of instances in the past where I think someone *might* have noticed something, but they were in passing and inconsequential. And I had one weird experience in a Home Depot where an old guy commented on the diaper brand that I was wearing, which was accidentally exposed when I bent over to look at a low shelf, but his comment immediately informed me that he was either a DL, or was ABDL-aware, and anyway we all had masks on and he disappeared around a corner seconds later. 

I want to always be cognizant of not making anyone uncomfortable, and not being an exhibitionist about it, but, I do have to develop a bit of a thicker skin, and maybe move towards a point where I don't care as much, if I am going to wear diapers everywhere I go and not carry anything for backup, other than more diapers. 

23 hours ago, spark said:

I had boxers over my diaper, and went straight from the locker to the bed in pre-op.   There was little chance to move around and little chance of my diaper being exposed.

I don't know what I'd do if I had a more involved procedure - surgery or the like. I did have an examination of the bits by an ultrasound technician, but for that I had to take everything off, so although I wore a diaper to the appointment, it was folded and tucked inside my pants, on a chair across the room. I have an appointment with a urologist at some point, and I have no idea how that will go - I've never been there before. Will he want to see "the area"? Probably. Will I get a chance to undress beforehand, or will he (or she) just ask me to drop my trousers, as my family doc sometimes does? If it goes down that way, will I have the intestinal fortitude to roll ahead with opening my diaper like it was the most everyday thing in the world? Being a urologist, they will probably have questions - the consultation is unrelated to my leaking into my pants.

It's as yet unscheduled, so I have time to think about it. Part of me wants to use it as an opportunity to get my "condition" officially noted, although there's no advantage to that, really - it's not like I'd be having my insurance buy the diapers or something. But I also don't want to tie up medical resources on a vanity project - I know what the problem is, at least physically - it's that I haven't been holding my pee for two years. As to why that's the case, well, that's the reason I come here, I guess - to search the answers that other people have come up with, and see if one fits. 

I don't want to go buy boxers, even just for one day - it would seem like a backwards step. But I'll obviously have to steel myself for the possibility of an awkward conversation, if I plan to rock a Megamax or a Lil' Monster, in a urologist's office. Maybe THIS is what those Depends "looks like underwear" products are for. Or the new XL Goodnites... hmmm, maybe not!

Speaking of medical encounters, my last was for sinus/deviated septum surgery. In and out pretty quick. The nurse who was helping me (as I am severely visually impaired) wanted me to remove my diaper before going into the operating room. I told her that that it might not be the best idea and they had me leave it on. So I waddled in my diaper to the pre-op where everybody could see and hear my big thick crinkly diaper. No embarrassment here, just chuckling.

P.S. I'd NEVER be caught in a pull-up or underwear. That's just not gonna happen. Be proud and loud.

• Like 2
On 6/1/2021 at 3:24 PM, Little Sherri said:

As has often been the case when things have gone somewhat awry for me in the nappy department, I often mentally summon the spirits of some of the people I have met here. Some of you are incontinent, or are living as though you are, and some of you, like @diaperedboilerman, are fearless and unperturbed in the face of "public" wearing.

It comes with time and experience. I remember one doctor appointment where my wife and my doctor were both discussing the degree to which my spine is curved (not all that much) as I was bent over with no shirt on and my ABDL diaper 100% visible. They were both behind me and my doctor was showing my wife the curve by tracing it with her finger which she eventually ran all the way down to the diaper. 

This probably sounds like BS, but it isn't. My wife is a nurse practitioner and she works for the same employer as my doctor. And my doctor has known that I wear diapers, by choice, since my first appointment with her 10 plus years ago. So my thought when this was happening wasn't shame or even excitement.... I thought it was hilarious in the 'I can't believe this is real' sense. 

I think telling people you wear diapers is a critical step to True acceptance. You certainly don't need to tell everyone... most of my friends don't know. But people with a 'need to know', like doctors, chiropractors, therapists, a masseuse etc I let them all know that I wear diapers. When I fill out medical forms, I always check the OAB and urinary incontinence boxes. It just makes everything easier because I'm not trying to hide or deceive anyone.

I long ago learned that nobody really cares that I wear a diaper. We make such a big deal out of it in our heads, but it's really not. For me, telling people, being open and honest about, really showed me that it isn't anything to worry about or stress over.

I had another interesting diaper dream/diaper reality interaction last night. I couldn't testify in court as to exactly what happened, because I was somewhat out of it at first, but, basically, here's what played out, to the best of my recollection:

I drifted up from a dream, feeling that I needed to pee, and, I experienced annoyance that "that" would wake me up from a deep sleep - I was (and am) wearing a Megamax in large, and that is a pretty safe diaper. Lately, I haven't been wetting or feeling the need to pee overnight at all, basically - I've been sleeping, well, like a baby, if babies stayed dry and slept continually, which in my experience, they do not. That's how I slept as a kid - like a rock - except that, as a kid, I peed freely and frequently, and almost never woke up. 

So why the interrupted sleep? I have no answer. Maybe it was the beer I drank while golfing, but that had been hours before, and only a couple. When I woke up I was lying on my stomach, feeling pressure below, so, I sighed, and moved to roll over onto my back, that being the safest position in which to wet a diaper. Although it's been a while, the usual proceedings would be for me to roll onto my back, permission the gates to open up, and then immediately drift off to sleep. But, when I started to roll over, I felt fluid movement, and that got my attention - it turned out that I was actually already leaking, at least a bit, which was really interesting to me, because my sensation on waking was one of needing to pee, not of "currently doing so".

Because the transition from front to back involves a brief foray on one's side (unless one were to stand up and fall backwards, I guess...), and side-leaking being perhaps the number one cause of damp linens, I reflexively tried to staunch the flow for a second, and guess what? It didn't work. I was peeing merrily away, and there was nothing that I could do about it. As I rolled, I felt some moisture move toward my lower side, but the Megamax did its job and wicked it away. Once I was on my back, the event continued for what felt like a while, and eventually I returned to dreamland, but not before being conscious enough to note the proceedings, and also, to feel some vague annoyance that, although my body seemingly decided to handle the discharge autonomously, something in my subconscious still felt the need to place a call to head office and notify the executive suite. 

When my alarm woke me up this morning, my diaper was wet at the front and the back, but because it's a large Megamax, it still probably had 75% or more of its capacity remaining, so, I remain in it now, although it is bulking up significantly and I'll have to swap it if I want to spend any time walking around the house this afternoon, with the kids doing school from home. I now have a stash of "office diapers", though, so I can change over here if I need to. No more being "trapped" by a distended nappy. 

I had a very similar experience that I chronicled in November last year that was, I believe, caused by my position in bed partially obstructing my ability to pee freely.  I was dreaming that I needed to pee but couldn't do it "properly" because of my position in bed.

"I remembered it clearly in the morning though.  What was interesting to me about this was the apparent reversal of an historical norm.  Typically, my bladder would have woken me up because it wanted emptying.  Last night, I was woken because I was unable to wet myself comfortably whilst asleep."

1 hour ago, oznl said:

I had a very similar experience that I chronicled in November last year that was, I believe, caused by my position in bed partially obstructing my ability to pee freely.  I was dreaming that I needed to pee but couldn't do it "properly" because of my position in bed.

Interesting - I wonder if that had something to do with it? If I (by which I mean, the ethereal night custodians that keep me breathing and absorbing wine while the lights are out in the C-suites) were trying to make me pee, but were unsuccessful, THAT would be a curious development. I had thought that my subconscious had given up on being a bedwetter. Tomorrow I'm up early for golf, so only a couple of pints on board tonight, but, tomorrow night, I may take advantage of once again being legally permitted to gather in numbers up to 5 (I think) outdoors, and have a fire and try and make some room in my kegs. I wonder if this is an outlier of an event or if it will recur. I'd thought I was on the way back to being a bedwetter once upon a time, but then that progress (or decline) seems to have halted entirely. But then this. 

I thought everything had stopped and I was imagining things also until the great "road test" the other week.

I've been woken a few times by a "kink in the hose" so to speak and I'm now realising that if the hose was not kinked, I probably would not have woken.

Like most of this stuff, it's a bit clearer in hindsight.  I am a bed wetter now and probably have been for months.  Oops...

I too have experienced the “kink in the hose” issue.  To alleviate I’ve gone back to pointing up.  Seems the hose has shrunk to the point where up versus down makes little difference.  Plus I now position the front of my diaper a couple inches higher than the back placing additional padding where most needed as well as fold the outer plastic cover sheet back under forming a barrier to leakage.   This works to the degree some mornings the front of my diaper is totally soaked with no leakage.  Life is good.

As for your being a bed wetter (congratulations), wonder if that would be the case if you limited evening fluids.  Despite wetting in my sleep most nights, I’m convinced I could be dry again if motivated to do so.

2 hours ago, WBxx said:

I too have experienced the “kink in the hose” issue. 

I imagine nearly all of us have.  No way am I going to limit my evening fluids though.  Milk every bedtime, and a wet nappy by the morning.  That suits me fine.

So I managed to work outside in 33 degree C heat (~91 F) and 100% humidity on the weekend, landscaping in the backyard, for 8 hours or so, with no diaper rash and no chaffing. Those of you in the Southern hemisphere, or in the Southern US, might scoff at that, but where I live, water is a solid for at least a 2/5ths of the year, so, that qualifies as hot. Particularly for June. 

I applied a very liberal quantity of diaper cream to everything that moves down there, including a fair ways down both thighs, and then I wore compression shorts over my diaper - these were bicycle shorts, basically, but without the padded butt (my butt being already sufficiently padded). The combination worked very well and I had no issues, other than the diaper slowly becoming somewhat evenly damp from sweat. The order of operations was diaper, onesie, then compression shorts, then oversized cargo shorts and an untucked, long-ish t-shirt. I considered putting the onesie over top of the shorts, but I thought that the combination might have been a bit snug, and could perhaps cause chaffing somewhere else. 

I was particularly pleased to be wearing a "real" diaper (a Lil' Splash), because my in-laws were over and helping us with the gardening for a good part of the day, and I've always been a bit self-conscious about being in a diaper around them. The pandemic has largely spared me these occurrences of late, but in the before-times, I used to put on a thin, medical-grade diaper if I planned to spend much time in their company, and then change it every 2 -3 hours basically. I was determined not to do that, and my wardrobe provided me sufficient psychological camouflage to manage, even if, in reality, there probably wasn't much visual difference. Despite the additional humidity being provided by the atmosphere, and my sweat, the diaper lasted me a LONG time - I believe that I was pretty much just converting water to water vapor, and there wasn't a lot of leaking going on down below. I actually completely lost track of it - I had been working away for some hours, when it occurred to me that I didn't recall having released anything in quite a while. My diaper felt wet... but, as to why, I didn't know. I tried to give a push, and that got me a little squirt, but no sustained rush. So, the status of my having wet or not wet became a bit like the fate of Schrodinger's cat. Either I actually didn't need to pee at all for a few hours, due to exertion and perspiration, OR, at some point, I did pee, at least a bit, and I didn't make note of it. 

8 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

So I managed to work outside in 33 degree C heat (~91 F) and 100% humidity on the weekend, landscaping in the backyard, for 8 hours or so, with no diaper rash and no chaffing. Those of you in the Southern hemisphere, or in the Southern US, might scoff at that, but where I live, water is a solid for at least a 2/5ths of the year, so, that qualifies as hot. Particularly for June.

THAT qualifies as hot.  It's not the 33C so much as the humidity with it that does the trick.  Hopefully in your part of the world it won't do the party trick it can do here sometimes and decide to be 27C and humid for an overnight low...

30-ish with high humidity from 9am until 6pm is something that Brisbane does pretty much every day between November and April (with limited overnight respite) so it does wear you down a bit over time.  We're all happy to see winter by June.

I'd have to say, I'd NEVER consider wearing a onesie at 33C so kudos for that.

23C here today but an unusually strong winter storm system is going to make it all the way up to Queensland from deep down south tomorrow causing dramatically below-average temperatures.  Tomorrow is expected to only reach 18C after an overnight low of 8C.  I realise that for a "winter storm", this will be deeply comical to Canadians but in addition to trying to close all of my house's louvered windows PROPERLY, I am considering locating (and wearing) the Babykins "onesie" I bought years ago before realising they were as useful as snow shoes here in QLD...

On 4/1/2019 at 3:36 PM, DiaperedAllTheTime said:

There are so many things you deal with being padded permanently even after wearing diapers fulltime for two years I still feel I have not figured it all out yet.

This biggest thing to understand is all of us experience different things both physically and mentally when it comes to wearing diapers all the time.  Only you know your level of commitment, your desire to wear diapers, and how being diapered all the time will effect your personal life.

Things will change for you but your life does not have to.  I have been able to accomplish everything I did before wearing diapers while wearing diapers permanently.  I swim, I fish, I arrowhead hunt, I go to the doctors, etc.  You do have to plan things more than you ever have before but overtime this becomes a daily routine. You adapt to these changes and eventually wearing diapers permanently becomes a normal part of your life.

@Cruiser 03 explained to you his personal experience from wearing diapers permanently.  A lot of what I experience is very different from him.  I am always in a disposable diaper and honestly do not need any "air time" as my skin overtime has toughened to the point that I seldom get diaper rash. If I do, I simply soak in a warm bath and then apply some Calmoseptine ointment and by the next morning my rash is almost always gone. You will find that you too will differ.  One diaper rash cream will work better for you than another. A particular brand of diaper will fit you best. The important thing here is to take the time to experiment and figure out what personally works best for you before you begin your permanently padded journey.

Wearing diapers all the time does not have to be all or nothing. Start out slow. Wear diapers for a weekend, then progress to a week, then a month.  You will find out fairly quickly if wearing diapers all the time will work for you and your life.

If you stay committed to wearing diapers all the time you can expect that your potty training more than likely will gradually diminish to the point that you will no longer have a choice but to wear diapers. You need to think long and hard about this because you could very well reach a point where there is no turning back even if you desire to.

To answer your question about working out and physical activity while wearing diapers all the time it can be quite difficult. Running long distances while wearing a diaper unfortunately do not fit together so well.  Wearing compression pants or fixing pants to keep your diaper nice and tight against your skin can help prevent chafing when you are performing physical activity. You may find it to be easier to get your cardio workout by riding a stationary bike.

If you search the incontinence desires forum you will find a ton of information on this subject matter. It's important that you take time to read opinions from those who do not wear diapers all the time because they generally look at the situation unbiasedly.  @rusty pins is one of the best at highlighting the cons of being diapered permanently. Before starting my journey to being permanently padded I definitely read everything he had to say. It's good to stop and pause to think about things before you dive into the deep end.  In the end although what he shared with me was insightful I still knew that wearing diapers permanently was the best for me.

Also people around you do not have to know. Recently I've come out of the diaper closet with three of my closest friends who I spend the most time with. I was always diapered in front of them but none of them ever had a clue. They have even told me even now that they know I wear diapers all the time that they cannot tell I'm wearing one. I do believe overtime that sharing being diaper especially with those closest to you is very beneficial and will allow you to be comfortable around those you love being who you truly are.

I could honestly go on forever with this subject but unfortunately it is time for dinner. Feel free to PM if you desire to ask me specific questions. May all your padded dreams come true.

I  have cerebral palsy and have loved being in cloth diapers and plastic pants since childhood. I wear cloth diapers and plastic pants at night and in private around the house. I love the way the warm, soft cloth feels on my private areas I also love  pleasure in cloth diapers and plastic pants when it happens. I had diapers on in my neighborhood for the first time  under sweat pants and  no one noticed. I am getting comfortable with wearing in public slowly. There are still problems with this. I have family member that are not going to be open to the fact I am a cloth diaper lover. I would not wear diapers around family or people that would challenge the idea.  I want to wear 24/7 but have to wait till I do not live with family. I do not want my habit to hinder my relationships.

Speaking of hindering relationships, it has been a while since I've had a snide comment from my spouse regarding my infantile underwear preferences, so maybe I was overdue, and thus compelled to tempt the fates. So it happened that I was working around my pool, wearing some fairly light-weight athletic shorts over a Rearz Lil' Splash that was in its autumn years, and my wife was sitting on the deck off of our kitchen. Eldest was at a friend's house for the first time in months, and youngest was in an online dance class for a couple of hours, or else I would have been in cargo shorts that offer a bit more camouflage. My wife asked me what I was doing, and I said "Putting on a show."

Her: "Huh?"

Me: "You know, putting on a show. Sexy pool boy slowly cleaning the pool in the hot sun. That kind of thing."

Her: "Yeah, just what every girl dreams about - a sexy pool boy in a diaper, working in the hot sun." 

She said it with a smirk on her face, but not a mean one - she was trying to be funny. And I guess I asked for it. 

While I'm on the topic of that Lil' Splash, here's something that I noticed - I think that they become louder as you wear them. I had been in that one for at least 6 hours or so when I started cleaning the pool, and some of the stuffing had settled down into the bottom from the front, which maybe gave the plastic more range of motion, or caused it to be more pendulous, and of course, the light material I had over them offered no muting, but, I could really hear the crunch-crunch-crunch of my diaper as I walked around.

Lately, that sound seems to have largely disappeared from my perception, causing me to wonder if I've developed an auditory "blindness" (which I guess could really be called a "deafness"...) to it, not unlike my occasional pondering over if I might smell like pee at all, and be completely unaware of it - that "nose-blindness" phenomenon. I used to obsess over if anyone could hear my diaper, and a lot of you fine folks here told me that it was all in my head. Which, it seems, was likely the case. I have gradually evolved from wearing cloth-backed disposables whenever I was away from the house, to wearing pretty much only ABDL diapers that, back when I first tested the 24/7 waters, sounded like they echoed in a quiet theatre, but that now, seem largely silent under clothing. The only time I'm somewhat aware of the crinkling is when I'm walking around in just a diaper - then, one can clearly hear it. 

But under cargo shorts or jeans, I might hear the occasional ripple if I do something particularly kinesthetic, like squatting down, but other than that, it fates into the background for me, and, presumably, for everyone else around me as well. I.... believe. 

A thought sprang unbidden into my mind today, and it related to... Sting. As in, the Scottish rock star. Allegedly, he's a master of tantric boudoir practices. I base this summation on no facts and no research, just one-liners from talk show hosts and such - maybe I'm way off base when it comes to Sting, but it doesn't matter. I have no interest in maligning him, I'm merely using him as a jumping off point, from which to muse about whether my deciding to follow the 24/7 path is, in its way, "tantric diapering"?

I'm sitting here right now in a Bambino Classico at about the halfway point in its life cycle, on a nice afternoon, with a comfortable breeze blowing through the windows of my office. The oppressive heat and humidity of the past couple of days has been spent, transformed by thunderstorms. I was just reflecting on how *nice*, how deeply comfortable, it is to be wearing a diaper on a calm Thursday afternoon, working away. Well, I was working away; now, I'm prattling away instead, but no matter - it's still really nice to be in a good quality plastic diaper. 

Once upon a time, I would wait days or even weeks for a chance to put a diaper like this on, and when I did, I would at the same time feel a pang of distress, because getting my hands on decent diapers wasn't easy, and I didn't want to waste them. It was easier and cheaper to squeeze into a Goodnites, or to wear a crappy store-bought diaper. Also, I was always aware that at some point it would have to come off again, and then it might be days or weeks of pining, until I could put one back on. SO, once the diaper went on, I was in a rush to relish all of the pleasures it brought with it - a deep and soothing relief, first, and, secondly, often, some arousal. But it wasn't very relaxing back then, or not for long - I recall tossing and turning if I tried to sleep in one, or being distracted constantly if I tried to wear one and get some work done. 

All of which was somewhat "inauthentic", with respect to replicating my childhood diaper wearing experience, because back then, as far as I can recall, I could pretty much just relax and go about my business while wearing a diaper. Certainly, I could sleep in them - that's when I was wearing them, primarily. The only time I felt discomfort or anxiety was if we were out of the house, or other people were around - if we had people over, particularly other kids, or if we were staying at someone else's house, then I would be hyper-aware of being in a diaper, and I'm sure it affected my behaviour. 

Having put myself back in diapers for just over 2 years now, I can honestly say that they have become, much of the time, just a background sensation - there is no way for someone to be aroused and distracted for months or years at a time. Eventually, your senses and feelings have to habituate to the "new normal", to the point where it's not new, anymore. I think putting underwear on now would probably be distracting. 

But, I know that I have a heightened mood about me - I know that wearing diapers makes me feel better, even when I'm not really aware of my diaper, unless I focus on it. Once in a while, I'll, say, shift position, or get up to walk across the room, and it's like "Oh, hello, diaper - I forgot you were there for a while." Which is a pleasant feeling. When I'm sleeping, I'm utterly unaware of them, and there is some satisfaction in waking up, rolling over, and feeling the tug or the bulk under the covers. As an aside, I feel the same way about a pacifier - I completely forget that it's there while I'm sleeping, but it's always still in my mouth when I wake up. 

So, I think maybe I'm discovering the joys of "tantric diapering"... the subtle, lasting pleasures that aren't as intense as a feast-or-famine wearing schedule, but that are perhaps more profoundly satisfying. Or maybe I'm just nuts. 

10 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

So, I think maybe I'm discovering the joys of "tantric diapering"... the subtle, lasting pleasures that aren't as intense as a feast-or-famine wearing schedule, but that are perhaps more profoundly satisfying. Or maybe I'm just nuts. 

I agree completely - I've been thinking much the same for a while.  Of course that doesn't mean you're not nuts.  Or that I'm not.  I've got my suspicions about oznl as well, come to think of it...

Was Sting Scottish?  I thought he was a Brit and that @Stroller would have pointed that out.  A quick google suggest he grew up in Northumberland.  At least it's north I suppose but it's still south of Hadrian' wall.

I'm just confused about "Tantric".  It might have meant something before Tantric airways got hijacked by hippies and diverted to the land of Psychodelia...

I imagine that a Tantric nappy change would take a long time, be dimly lit and involve intermittent use of gongs but that's just the way my broken brain works.

4 hours ago, oznl said:

Was Sting Scottish?  I thought he was a Brit and that @Stroller would have pointed that out.  A quick google suggest he grew up in Northumberland.  At least it's north I suppose but it's still south of Hadrian' wall.

I'm just confused about "Tantric".  It might have meant something before Tantric airways got hijacked by hippies and diverted to the land of Psychodelia...

I imagine that a Tantric nappy change would take a long time, be dimly lit and involve intermittent use of gongs but that's just the way my broken brain works.

I've no idea about the Tantric stuff - mysticism isn't really my area of interest.  Gordon Sumner isn't either really, but he was born in Wallsend, a suburb of Newcastle upon Tyne.  Wallsend is so called because it is at the eastern end of Hadrian's Wall.  The hospital Mr Sumner was born in is about half a mile north of the Roman fort at the end of the wall, so the Romans, planning ahead as always, intended him to be born in Scotland.  The border these days is a long way north of Newcastle, however, so I have to admit reluctantly that the said Mr Sumner is my fellow Englishman.  I've nothing against his former guitarist though, although I'd have preferred him to have stuck with Zoot Money, who was a much better performer than Sting (in my very biased view).

• Like 1