LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What diapers did you use when you were a baby?

HighVoltage

• 2 weeks later...
Err, when you originally a baby.
According to my mom (Via a very casual conversation) I was in Pampers.
Was raised in cloth and plastic pants. And put into Pampers by a sitter.

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk

Since I was born in the very late 1950's, it was cloth diapers.  I was a bedwetter until almost age 6 and I do remember there were 2 types of cloth diapers.  One were thicker and were pinned on, and the other were a little thinner and had velcro tapes to attach the diaper but even though I always told my mom she didn't need pins, she pinned them on anyway.  I was always afraid she would stick me with the diaper pins.  I don't remember the early days with plastic pants, but I do remember sitting in the shopping cart at the grocery store and my mom putting the Gerber plastic pants in the cart.  Back then they came in a blue and white box with the Gerber baby on it, hanging on the shelf above the baby food with other accessories.  I never wore disposable diapers as a child.
Yes cloth diapers and plastic pants. I still like the feeling of them

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk

On 2/21/2019 at 9:50 AM, cruxshadow said:

As someone bridging the gap between your age, and theirs, trust me, it happens sooner than you'd think. The older you get, the faster time seems to pass. Remember how it took forever for your birthday to arrive, and a 10 minute timeout lasted an eternity? A year, for me, feels like 2 months now. By 20, you've essentially experienced, in terms of perception, half your life. Welcome to the middle-age of the mind.

On a lighter subject, as per the OP's question, I'm fairly certain it was Pampers.

I love Pampers!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/5/2019 at 3:55 PM, Angela Bauer said:

From my memory kicking in during 1968 until I switched to wearing only disposables in August 1981 all the Gerber vinyl panties I knew were translucent, smooth on one side and grainy on the other side. Those were the only kind my family purchased. Of course Gerber could well have also sold vinyl panties in colors. From the start of my university in 1981 until I fell in love with my husband in 1991 I never thought about plastic panties.

My future husband had a supply of Rubber Duckie (coated like PUL) and ProHealth (boilable vinyl) panties. Both of those were made in several colors. By the time I tried the Rubber Duckies the waterproof coating was failing. I loved the ProHealth, but their warehouse burned in December 1991. They went out of business. I did then buy adult Gerbers, which were translucent, grainy on one side. In 1992 I met Crissy Penn, who designed revolutionary adult vinyl panties with forward-facing leg holes. Those were manufactured for her by Gary. When Crissy left the buisness in 1994 Gary bought the design rights. Soon after most adult waterproof panties began to use the Crissy design concepts. By 1996 KINS became my only vinyl panties vendor.

When did Crissy start up. Comco had forward-facing legs from at least 1985. and Carolyn's Kids had them in 1983

According to my mom, I was in Pampers most of the time, and she had a few cloth diapers for backup. This was the early to mid 1980's. The cloth diapers made more of an impression on me than the Pampers, evidently, because for a long time I believed that I was in cloth at least half the time, and there were a couple of pictures in photo albums (remember those?) when I was wearing a cloth diaper, once at the beach when I was probably 3, and once on Christmas morning when I was maybe 7 (I only wore diapers at night by then). But, in a conversation a couple of years ago, my mom said that, no, she hated cloth, and rarely used them. I guess she just liked how I looked in them, hence the pictures. There are a couple of pictures of me in PJ's when I probably had a disposable on, but you can't really say for sure, and no pictures of me wearing just a disposable, except when I was really little. 

Little Christine, I met Crissy and her husband because both of us wrote about incontinence for DPF. She became interested only because her husband became urinary incontinent. I doubt she ever knew about prior plastic pants designs. I only mentioned forward-facing leg holes in her pants because that is a feature most DD readers understand. Crissy never claimed to have invented that concept. She incorporated other design elements making her pants fit more effectively.

Given that Gary Manufacturing at the time produced so many vinyl pants under contract I assume they only bought rights from Crissy because they felt her designs had value to them.

Clearly in the 1930's PlayTex created a new industry molding thin latex pants. Customers must have found PlayTex had advantages. Then came WWII and latex was rationed. To fill the void various plastic sheeting were tried. By the time PlayTex could resume pants production customers must have felt Gerber-type vinyl pants were good enough and cost effective. For whatever reason PlayTex stopped producing their baby pants in late 1954.

These days the KINs pants I buy incorporate all the features important to me. Each of us have different needs. Therefore many brands of waterproof pants are sold.

In 1984 there was a company out of CT that sold panties and had a newsletter called BLADDER CHATTER.  They had their products made by Gary and the legs werepretty forward facing. I am told the original plastic panties were home-made during WWII. They were definitely commercially made by 1947 or 8 One of the pair that I remember being put on me was a kind of translucent color that resembles RIT gold dey (I saw them put on my sister when I was 4 at my aunt Irene's house). They might have preditated the ones we know about as shown in THE RUBBER PANTY HALL OF FAME

On 8/25/2020 at 10:21 AM, Little Christine said:

In 1984 there was a company out of CT that sold panties and had a newsletter called BLADDER CHATTER.  They had their products made by Gary and the legs werepretty forward facing. I am told the original plastic panties were home-made during WWII. They were definitely commercially made by 1947 or 8 One of the pair that I remember being put on me was a kind of translucent color that resembles RIT gold dey (I saw them put on my sister when I was 4 at my aunt Irene's house). They might have preditated the ones we know about as shown in THE RUBBER PANTY HALL OF FAME

There is more to the Hall of Fame than is there. There's a greater variety at this site: https://www.pinterest.com/SaraAnnMills/plastic-pants-history/ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic_pants  https://en.wikipedia.org/   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_pants  Finaly: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloth_diaper

That relates only to the site. AlsO FROM RUBBER PANTIES'R'US, you can get the min-Hall of  Fame of your ownthat is of more general interest

Been going to play with the little girls? What would Tom Brady say; or Aaron Rogers. The only Boys who go there are Sissy wannabes: Giggle. Here is one of Christiene's adorable little pink babydolls for Mommy to dress you in when friends come over to play or when she takes you out visiting or to get some new diaperss for you. She really wanted a baby girl; anyway

large.gallery_27920_486_10625.jpg.3f1038

On 6/30/2020 at 9:19 PM, Dougie77 said:

I totally agree. My grandmother pushed me to potty train when I was young and because of it, I was always being put back in diapers or pull-ups because I wasn’t ready and kept going in my pants. I got older, I was still wetting the bed nightly but also still pooping in my pants...especially after my brother was born when I was four...and I got put in pull-ups. I got negative attention from grandma and love and nurturing even to the point of babying me by my mom and aunt...I know on some level, I needed those Pampers and Luvs...later Pull-ups. And I needed the attention that came when they needed to be changed. My brother started potty training at 3 and I was 7 and still being potty trained too...he was wearing underwear when I was still in diapers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll bet that felt good!? I also bet your brother was jealous.that you got to be in diapers longer then he did.??

On 7/16/2020 at 2:40 AM, alwayslittle said:

grandma put into one these Luv's one time, for some reason i was more embarassed over Barney than wearing a diaperCTtxL14UYAA_qA3.jpg.5a88d3aa540278216c5e62bf31f3b9d8.jpg

b8250829928def6c3aefcc840547955e.jpg

Looks like my kind of diaper, very babyish!?

On 7/18/2020 at 1:57 PM, Dougie77 said:

2494534064403c88e85ec23a039df845.jpg
fe25bfabaaa827d646fef0d13503a172.jpg
a1eafaa8ca24b33c0e284730ba8bcb87.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool! Glad you got to be in those for awhile.?

• 2 weeks later...

I used Huggies when I was a baby. I remember them being really thick, I don't remember if they absorbed a lot or leaked but I know they get a bad rep for it. I might have worn pampers but I'm not sure, but one thing I do know is I always loved that diaper smell and the feeling I got whenever I went Pee-Pee or Poo-Poo in them. It was heaven!??

• Like 1

Yep..thick cloth diapers and plastic pants pulled up over them..both when I was a baby, when I was put back into them for wetting the bed and, even now.. never have gotten tired of the feel(wet cloth and plastic provides),the smell, that bulky feel..MMmm Love Em!..:)

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Way back then I remember the cloth diapers just barely because I wore them as a toddler also, the thing is I don't remember much about the plastic or latex pants, I think we walked around with only a diaper a lot, but that would mean a lot more diaper changes, because of leaks, but we didn't have carpet , I do remember hard floors, so must have been hard wood, that's what the houses in the east were from back then.

• Like 2