LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

dizzy

Opinion on being gender neutral in diapers  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think while wearing a diaper you are gender neutral, not a boy or a girl.

• Yes
    • No

I read somewhere that diapers can make someone appear gender neutral. You have no parts showing, just a puffy diaper. You can be dressed as a boy or a girl. Just curious on the thought process of this and if there is any truth to it.

I always wanted to raise a daughter, even when I was a child, myself. Girls always looked more "fun." So when I discovered infantilism at around age six or seven, it was natural that I associated it with being female. I was never able to adopt the daughter I wanted, so I felt that the next best thing was to become the little girl I pictured having.

Baby things tend to have a feminine look with all the lace trim and things. For the longest time, the nursery was exclusively feminine, with Daddy being a bit out of place

the smooth wterproof materals that were part of baby care and diapers, like any smooth material, tneds to be considered feminine. Espeically if they are put on one. Also, not having a fly, "diaper covers" are 'pantries" and look a bit girlish

Over the years, intantile things have been associated with girls, like baby powder scented deodorant and pastel colores

Stories about diaper punishment often have the threat of being put "in your baby sister's diapers" or "put in diapers like your baby sister"

Girls were often kept in diapers longer than boys

When I was little girls were diapered at a much older age, up to 8, sometimes 9, for certain occasions that had to do with not being able to hold it for two hours comfortably:
1. This was before the 60 mph expressways went national. The average speed between some places was about 40 mph and the old 2-lanes were not straight but tended to wind a bit. A trip from Tiverton RI (Fall River Ma GMA) to Roxbury or Dorchester in Boston took a bit more than two hours down 138 MA. This kind of thing was very often the case. Now a male could stop and get out of the car and go behind a tree as there would be plenty of wooded areas along the way. A grown lady could hold it, but a girl of 6 or 7 could not do either of those. So rather than run the risk of her having an eccident on the care seat. diapers and rubber panties were used and given the dresses that were standard fare, nobody knew
2. Boys tend to roam around a given area while girls would stay usually congregate at someone's house for the afternoon, 12:30 to about 4:30. This was back in the day of the 5 gallon toilet and the first 15 years or so after the end of the Debpression. Back then, a $6 "light" or water bill was considered a scandel. So if two or more girls who could not hold it comfortably for two hours were part of that group, they would be put in diapers and rubber panties rather than have the extra flushing and the bathroom being tied up. While boys also could not hold it, they could go somewhere out of sight and relieve themselves. Since at one or two places I was "one of the girls,  see this blog entry, I was also put in diapers when I was at these homes until I could hold it (about my 8th birthday) along with the girl(s) of the same age. But at one place, which was close to where I lived, if I slept over, because the bathroom was reached from the outside, when I slept over, Ithe youngest girl, a bedwetter, and I would be diapered for bed since we could not hold it all night. So diaperes are a necessary part of being a Little Girl for me

I call bullshit.   When I was six, I barely knew the difference between a boy and a girl, let alone something as complex as infantilism. At that age, most boys and girls are still in the boys/girls are icky / have cooties stage. Hell, when I was TEN I barely knew the difference between the two genders. I definitely still was in my 'I would rather play with toys than look at girls stage'

As for the poll question.. That depends. I know people that you would recognize as either gender, regardless of what they could do. Anything short of using wigs or using professional make up / tools to hide their real gender. So my answer would be 'both and neither' since both can be true at the same time, depending on the details.

• 2 years later...
On 12/27/2018 at 4:44 AM, Kingdark said:

I call bullshit.   When I was six, I barely knew the difference between a boy and a girl, let alone something as complex as infantilism.

I think maybe calling it "infantalism" at that age is freighting it with a sexual overtone that doesn't apply, but at the same time, I would refute the assertion that what @BabyJune is saying completely falls into the category of "bullshit". I know how I felt about wearing diapers when I was around that age, and it was a complex stew of anxiety and comfort. My first "crush" was for a girl about the same age as me (5 or 6) who wore diapers; my parents were surprised that her and I became inseparable, because most kids gave her a wide berth, socially speaking. In retrospect, I realize that I didn't have a crush on her, so much as a "crush" on her situation. I wore diapers to bed as a kid, and I had a love-hate relationship with them. I did not want anyone to know I wore diapers, because they represented immaturity at a time when every birthday was considered a major promotion - being 7 was SO much grander than being 6. So going back to being dressed like I was 2, every evening after dinner, was a serious demotion. You'd think that I would have hated having to wear them... but, strangely, I liked wearing diapers. It was too early in my psychological development for that to really be a sexual thing, but, it was... something. I wasn't in a rush to get out of them in the mornings, and sometimes I would put my daytime clothes on and try to get away with wearing one for as long as I could, if it wasn't a school day... UNLESS anyone other than my immediate family was around, in which case I would leap out of them like they were on fire. 

So maybe you can't call that fully-bloomed "infantilism", but, I know that a number of people here share some version of my, and @BabyJune's, origin stories - we realized that we had a strange affinity for wearing infantile underpants, at a relatively early age, certainly well before most of us had any defined sexual identity. 

As to the question at hand, I don't think that wearing a diaper renders me gender neutral, although I can certainly understand why some people might feel that way - they take you back to a time that was essentially pre-gender. 

• Like 1
On 12/26/2018 at 3:28 AM, dizzy said:

I read somewhere that diapers can make someone appear gender neutral. You have no parts showing, just a puffy diaper. You can be dressed as a boy or a girl. Just curious on the thought process of this and if there is any truth to it.

I'm an AB because I'm transgender; I just never realized it growing up because nobody ever talked to me about that kinda stuff. But I do indeed love how diapers make my hips and butt look and completely hides any sign of my...ahem..."princess parts" lol. ?

Although, I voted "No" because I don't feel like diapers make me look more gender-neutral/nonbinary. I feel diapers make me look MORE like the GIRL that I am. ?

Not sure how to vote, as I always feel gender neutral.

As to early ABness, while I didn't know about infantilism when I was a little kid, I was certainly interested in it. I did my best every Saturday morning to watch the Bugs Bunny cartoon show, hoping to see one of the ones where Bugs is forced into diapers. 

There are other shows from my childhood that the only scenes I vividly remember are the "age play" scenes. A detective show where the detective goes to visit a psychiatrist and hears screams, he busts open a door and there is woman undergoing "regression" therapy. Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, and The Flintstones all have age play scenes, and The Flintstones has an AB episode.

I would look through the Sears catalog, first at the toys, then for the big diapers and plastic pants. Later I would go back and look at the big diapers more.

Did I know what infantilism was? No, but I was certainly interested in diapers and being treated as a baby.

Gender identity and gender expression are related but separate concepts. For me clothing doesn't determine my gender identity as identity is about SO much more than clothing.

I'm genderfluid and I'm either a man or a woman, a boy or a girl. What I wear doesn't change that at all.

I am a bedwetter and only wear at bedtime and in the rare occasion if I take a nap. The only other very rare times that I wear a diaper is when I am going to be out away from home for many hours and could have difficulty getting to a bathroom or just don't want to be bothered to stop for frequent rest room stops. This rarely happens and I can't even remember the last time it did. 

My gender is not affected when wearing diapers. Other than feeling much younger when I am in them, I still feel as though I am a boy.