LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bambino Diapers Brand

DailyDi

Figured I would share this here, too.

Many people experience the new manufacturer's product (with the glossy front panel) tearing down the middle on the back frequently.

Bambino obviously won't announce this problem publicly, because they order massive batches and would have to stop selling them. Devastating for a small business.

I've been experimenting and found a way to prevent it from happening. If you use clear box packing tape and wrap it entirely around yourself horizontally, so that it covers the tape tabs on the front and also covers the entire back, it prevents the back from being able to stretch enough apart to split. Since doing this, I've not had a single split happen. Has an added bonus of preventing their weak tape tabs from popping off. Get the cheapest clear tape you can, a $2 roll can last for an entire case.

I have also tried vertical tape down the back, but this does not work. It will tear on the edge of the tape now instead, even if you use multiple vertical strips of tape.

Sad that we have to do this, but oh well.

I am currently use a case of Bellissimo diapers, and I've got to admit I'm really disappointed. I ordered Mediums, because I'm usually a perfect fit for most medium diapers (Abena's Mediums fit me perfectly). Well they are a bit on the small side, and I may have them tight. I've had problems with about 70% of the diapers. They've either had the tapes fall off, or the back will rip (or both). I'm pretty sure that I'm putting too much stress on the diaper, and I'm just too big for them, which is why they are performing so poorly.

Now as far as the feel, they are great. I never feel the wetness, and they hold a ton. However the material bunches up, and aren't that great if I'm active (even when I don't have quality issues with the diaper). I had similar feelings with Dry 24/7 which I also had a poor fit with.

• Like 1

New batch of Bellissimo's are in. These are generation 2, sounds like they are trying to match them up to the other bambino diapers. Get them while they are available!!!

interesting that they note in their blog that their Bellisimo larges are the same size as the dry 24/7larges Mediums :huh:

I have worn both and if I remember correctly, I had an easier time getting the dry 24/7 to fit, due to them being a bit narrower in the middle, then the Belissimos, which are really wide in the crotch!

Sooooo....how they come up with this I don't know *shrug* all I know is the large "Bell" I wore on my last road trip soaked up 2 floods, sure, but they leaked in the front, my briefs I was wearing to hold the thing up were very wet on the right side :blush: and the whole front had swollen to the point I almost couldn't walk right (or left) :P

Anyways, maybe i had the thing on wrong, or peed in it wrong (hard to do while driving) but I couldn't get it to fit right.....It was to long for me, and actually a bit to wide. I liked where the tapes landed, closer together in the front, rather than on the side edges where the mediums wind up, but getting the thing to snug up and get a good seal around the legs was almost impossible.

The only thing I can think of is doing the same thing that you have to do with the Molicare super plus', thats roll the thing side to side length wise to break up the padding a bit and fold it length wise BEFORE you put it on..

Maybe I'll try a sample of the larges again...but in reality, they actually are "to much" diaper, like the dry 24/7, you get uncomfortable with it long before it reaches capacity, which is a shame and a waste..

But thats just me..

Well, I used the last of the 'new' sample pack I ordered a while ago. It was a medium teddy and no, it didn't fit :badmood" It was way small, the tapes on the left barely even reached the plastic, much less the actual landing zone....UGH!

Soooooo...I don't know. can't get the larges to fit right and the "mediums' don't fit at all...this is disappointing, but not the end of the world I guess, as there are other brands that I like as well, but that fit better, So I guess I just have to go that route, unless Bambino come out with a"new" medium thats larger..or renames their 'large' a Medium, and comes out with a new "large....not that it would do much I guess.

I'm rather torn on this, because I really do like their products, but they don't do anyone much good if they don't fit your target audience / buyers.

Time will tell I guess.

I just got my first Teddy's I have ever ordered and am moderately disapointed. Being only 5'11" with a 33" waist and a 194lb athletic build I had thought the mediums would actually be on the larger side of perfect. I find they are a touch short of where I would want them as they just fall short of my belly button. If I had a waist like 1" larger the tapes wouldnt reach the landing zone at all. It also seems like the top tapes are about 1" low of where they should have attached them. It's been a while since I tried the Classico / Bianco Bambinos and haven't yet tried the Bellisimos.

Do all of the Bambino's have similar tapes where they are more on the side than the front? Also, with my size mentioned above, would I drown in the larges?

I received my sample of Large Bellissimo today. About the only good thing about them was the shipping. They came super fast and discrete packaging of course. I'm disappointed. If the secure x-plus are the same, it will be a sad week. Those samples should be here wednesday I would guess. I would guess the new larges are about the same size as the old medium, only wider. I still have some large classico's from about 2 years ago, side by side, they are a little shorter and about and inch wider in the crotch. IMO, this makes for a very odd fit, I am 6'3" and have a 38" waist give or take...muscular legs and a butt...lol. I haven't had a chance to "check" the absorbtion yet. They are aren't any thicker than the old style bambino's..... They don't fit as well, and the plastic is odd. The plastic reminds me of the ABU cushies. It is pretty noisy and crinkly. The tapes seem to hold pretty well. They are very soft on the inside. I'm sure they'll probably absorb pretty good, the wellness briefs are the same way.... kind of thin but absorb like crazy. I'll post more on that subject tomorrow. Anyhow, my initial impression....disappointing. Maybe they'll grow on me...we shall see...

I am going to order a sample of the new sizing. I am a 41 inch waist and the last batch didnt fit me well. The second generation says One Medium fits waist 31 to 42 inches. One Large fits waist 44 to 58 inches. Im not sure what is meant by "fits". The tapes going all the way to the edge of the diaper to the point of barely hitting the landing zone is not a "fit" in my book. Sure the tapes will fasten, but thats far from fit. Fit to me means the tapes will land near about 2-3 inches off center diaper. To me the wing of the diaper is part of the protection. If the wings come in that far then the padding in front/back reach around a bit more. These size ranges seem a bit exagerated to me trying to accomodate those at the high end of medium and low end of large. Im guessing lots of folks fall into this category. Maybe im just built like a tank and middle age is telling me its time for a diet. :cookiemonster:

I will give this second gen a sample shot. Bambino was always my favorite all around diaper. Now im trying the dry 24/7 and wellness brands. Not sure im as excited about either one. Wellness seems good for the price fit ok, but not AB even in the least. Green reminds me of an institutional diaper made for an old folks home.

I'm not even close to being in between a medium and large, they claim 31-42 on the medium, i'm a 34" waist, so i'm on the bottom end of their scale, yet the mediums are just to small for me, both horizontal and vertical (more vertical though). The larges the top tapes nearly touch each other on me, both leak way on me way more than the old mediums ever did (which was never). They could solve the issue easily enough by bringing a small into the lineup for people that are happy with the new fit, but i've seen enough people not happy with it that they really should bring back the old medium fitment. They are about to lose my business over it unfortunately. My last order through Bambino was molicares, but I can easily get those elsewhere, but I really want Teddy's and Classico's, but i'm not going to buy something that does not fit nor work for me.

I prefer the sizing of the new ones also cause I'm borderline small/medium (my waist is 26" and my hips are 33"ish). I just didn't really like the texture of the plastic. at all. >.< and the tapes were pretty shitty as well. I miss the really soft plastic of the generation 1 bambinos. That stuff was amazing.

I've never had tape issues with anything, so whatever it is that makes those issues appear I don't cause or do or whatever, so I can't speak to that. I do agree about the plastic though. I have gotten two bags of the Classicos and one bag of the Bellas and I don't think I'm going to buy any more. Nothing catastrophic or anything, I just find myself not really wanting to wear them because of said plastic. It's not even something I absolutely hate, it's just every other brand I buy I like more.

I receive 2 packs of the new G2 Bellissimo, I am wearing one right now with a quadro booster in it. From the Classicos that I have, the Bellissimo crotch area is much wider and the crinkle is much more that the classicos that I have. Which leads me to believe that the plastic is cheaper, because it feels a lot thinner. It i holding up very nicely though, I don't think the change would be enough for me to switch brands.

Well today I got my order of the 2nd generation Bellissimos in size large. And I must say these are the best fit ever!! I wear a size medium in every diaper brand but Bambino and ABU. Bambino medium where low rise and then with the change in sizing they did not fit at all. so I had to order in size large and that made the diaper to big in the legs. But with my 2nd generation Bellissimos I got today the fit is 100% perfect!! this is the first time I got to wear a Bambino diaper with a great fit. I am not sure why these large diapers fit better then the large Teddy's? maybe because its a wider diaper I'm not sure. The only thing I don't like is the 95 dollar price tag for a case of them I wish they would make the Teddy s the same way as the 2nd generation Bellissimos because I am very happy with the absorbency of the Teddy diaper just not the fit if Bambino would make the Teddy's with the same fit as the 2nd generation Bellissimos that would be so cool and it would be my diaper of choice for life!!