LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Flying while diapered

Hi team.

I am likely to make a journey from BNE to MEL sometime later this year.

This is my first trip as an incontinent person - last time I flew was in 2010, when I wasn't even 24/7. I need to wear through security, put diapers in my carry-on, and pack them in my luggage - all of these have been pointed out to me as potential areas of concern.

What can I do to make sure my travelling experience stays enjoyable

• Like 1

I have done this trip before, and there really isnt going to be much problems, its a 2 hour flight at most normally, and the security at both airports for travel between isn't that bad.

There shouldn't be any problems with security about that stuff, less while wearing a diaper, its so thick that it looks like you are smuggling something... which I doubt you would wear things to make a diaper obvious, and so long as you dont take any metal through or have anything in your bag that will cause a check, they wont really check you or your stuff.

After that, its just a 2 hour flight, so even if you end up using your diaper, so long as its just wet, it should be fine till you arrive in Melbourne, where you can change in a near by bathroom (normally near the gate you enter) so long as you made sure to bring a spare diaper and changing supplys in your carry on bag.

The only thing that may be a problem, would be if you messed your diaper, which should be changed right away, and in that case, the planes used between BNE and MEL are already very small, so the bathrooms would not be ideal at all for this, so if you are also fecal incontinent, you may just want to take something to fully clear out your system the night before, so you have nothing to void during the trip, as well as cut back slightly on fiber on the day, till you are in Melbourne.

23 minutes ago, Leaf said:

I have done this trip before, and there really isnt going to be much problems, its a 2 hour flight at most normally, and the security at both airports for travel between isn't that bad.

There shouldn't be any problems with security about that stuff, less while wearing a diaper, its so thick that it looks like you are smuggling something... which I doubt you would wear things to make a diaper obvious, and so long as you dont take any metal through or have anything in your bag that will cause a check, they wont really check you or your stuff.

After that, its just a 2 hour flight, so even if you end up using your diaper, so long as its just wet, it should be fine till you arrive in Melbourne, where you can change in a near by bathroom (normally near the gate you enter) so long as you made sure to bring a spare diaper and changing supplys in your carry on bag.

The only thing that may be a problem, would be if you messed your diaper, which should be changed right away, and in that case, the planes used between BNE and MEL are already very small, so the bathrooms would not be ideal at all for this, so if you are also fecal incontinent, you may just want to take something to fully clear out your system the night before, so you have nothing to void during the trip, as well as cut back slightly on fiber on the day, till you are in Melbourne.

Excellent, you're the best person I could ask for to answer this! :)

How important is it to be dry while going through security? A lot of people have advised me this is important.

I'm also intending to wear an ABU Simple. I usually wear plastic-backed high-end diapers while travelling to avoid having to change. I'm hoping that won't present problems going through security - I already know it doesn't affect my body shape enough to be a visual problem but I'm more worried about how it looks on the scanner.

Thankfully, only my urinary control is badly impaired enough to count as IC, so I can use the airplane toilet for other stuff (I don't like the idea but it beats messing by a mile).

5 minutes ago, Leaf said:

Well less its international travel, the only thing you walk through as far as I know is a metal detector, so less your diapers have metal in them when wet, it wont make a

well, if you are that worried, just make sure to have a clean diaper when going through, there is normally never that long of a line, and it goes by quickly, so assuming you dont just arrive 5 mins before your flight, you would have time to just go change then line up to get in.

• Like 1

The OP is "down under" where it might be a little different.

My recent round-trip 2-leg flights got me scanned only once at my local airport going out. Nothing was checked for the other 3 flights at all :o Their machine had a display visible to whoever might be looking :blush: but it showed rectangles where it detected anomalies, not the picture or an outline of anything ;) A rectangle showed at my crotch (my slightly wet Tena) and one at my right knee (my elastic knee brace). Questions were asked, answers were given, and a pat-down made right there as other passengers filed by

Hence why the TSA is oft referred to by frequent-fliers as "security theater." Total joke and major waste of taxpayer dollars. Next time you fly, look at the checkpoints and take note of how many of their employees (I refuse to call them "officers") are just standing around doing NOTHING.

I agree that what we have in airports in the United States is security theater rather than actual security. How many terrorists have the TSB caught? None.

• Like 1
On 5/9/2016 at 2:05 PM, Kaliborio said:

Hi team.

I am likely to make a journey from BNE to MEL sometime later this year.

This is my first trip as an incontinent person - last time I flew was in 2010, when I wasn't even 24/7. I need to wear through security, put diapers in my carry-on, and pack them in my luggage - all of these have been pointed out to me as potential areas of concern.

What can I do to make sure my travelling experience stays enjoyable

So fine you checked in at the airport and passed security and have boarded your flight !

NOW - are you diapered up enough to absorb all the urine and covered with a moisture proof cover to contain the urine ?

You do not want to be wetting the airplane seat and having to sit in it - LET ALONE have the next passenger

To BabyLock:

They have several spare cushions ready for every plane at every airport and change them as needed between flights during the plane's cleaning. The soiled ones stay behind and get cleaned and reused for the next round of replacements. Only if you intentionally damage one do you have anything to worry about ;) FWIW with so many flights and so many people, by the time a few years has elapsed, every plane's passenger seat cushion has been swapped

8 hours ago, Bettypooh said:

To BabyLock:

They have several spare cushions ready for every plane at every airport and change them as needed between flights during the plane's cleaning. The soiled ones stay behind and get cleaned and reused for the next round of replacements. Only if you intentionally damage one do you have anything to worry about ;) FWIW with so many flights and so many people, by the time a few years has elapsed, every plane's passenger seat cushion has been swapped