LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bed Wetting Families

jimmyic

By the same token that there are families with hereditary bedwetting issues, there are families without any such issues. My family was one of those. So when I found out as a pre-teen that I loved the feeling of soft vinyl plastic against my skin I didn't associate it with plastic pants or diapers but with raincoats, shower curtains, aprons, or tablecloths. When I was 14 or 15 in the mid-1950's I improvised plastic pants from part of a shower curtain, tying the corners together like a jury-rigged diaper, and it was then that I had my first orgasm. It was a long time before I found out that adult-sized plastic pants were available, other than the bloomers one could get from Sears or Montgomery Ward catalogs. Since I first got online in the 1990's and realized the easy availability of plastic pants I've been making up for lost time. I suspect that if I'd had the same childhood experiences as so many of us on here did, being a bedwetter or knowing people who were, and being exposed to diapers and plastic pants, I'd have gotten into diapers and kid-size plastic pants instead of becoming a plastic lover as I did.

On 11/10/2019 at 9:30 AM, iampadded said:

Not true in our family.  Growing up both my two siblings and I chronically wet our beds.  My sister stopped around the age of 12 when she reached puberty and my older brother "claims" to have stopped around the age of 17 or so, but I know he still as the occasional "accident."  My bedwetting stopped being every night around the age of 13 or so, but continues to this day.  My dad told us when I was about 9 or 10 "to not feel bad-it was not our fault because bedwetting ran on his side of the family.  He told us he had bedwetting problems until his mid teens as did my Uncle who is 3 years younger than my dad.  I have a first cousin around my age and he wet his bed frequently through high school and continues to have issues to this day as well.

You are young compared to some of us. In the old days when I was growing up I dont think the hereditory aspect was well understood. It was viewed more as a discipline issue once we reached a certain age than it was a medical one. And there werent the products for it back then either. Except for the rubber sheet dealing with wet bedding and soaked PJs in the morning was the norm. I used to resent the "nothing to drink after supper" and the middle of the night wakings. These days people know a lot more about the causes of course and thats a good thing. 

2 hours ago, rubbersheetmike said:

You are young compared to some of us. In the old days when I was growing up I dont think the hereditory aspect was well understood. It was viewed more as a discipline issue once we reached a certain age than it was a medical one. And there werent the products for it back then either. Except for the rubber sheet dealing with wet bedding and soaked PJs in the morning was the norm. I used to resent the "nothing to drink after supper" and the middle of the night wakings. These days people know a lot more about the causes of course and thats a good thing. 

I agree.  I was born in 1974, and as a pre-teen disposable diapers were just becoming widely available.  My mother diapered me in cloth diapers for bed until I was about 11 or so- then I went through a stage where I was merely flooding the bed for a couple of years (and it was flooding because my mother had a real rubber sheet just under the top sheet that although it was a urine barrier, spread the pee out over the entire area of the sheet.  I can remember some mornings where my extra long twin bed had a pee circle from my knees to my pillow the width of the entire mattress-It was during this time period that I earned the nickname "Floater", started by my older brother).  By the time I was starting high school, I was wetting the bed less but decided to go pack to diapers-this time disposables with tabs-and rubber pants just to avoid the mess.

I think I would agree with floater.  Diapers might be a little embarrassing and a blow to your manliness as a teenager, however if I were in your situation I think I would have put myself back in night diapers as well.  Better to sleep in a warm wet diaper than on a cold wet bed sheet, never mind the daily laundry and all.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely, I know my father wet the bed in his youth, but I don’t know to what age. I did not have a dry night until I was 12. I think he was sympathetic if a bit frustrated! I hated the wet beds after nappies were taken away, and at 9/10 asked my mother for nappies. She turned me down, buy then I was a fully qualified abdl!

• 5 months later...
On 11/30/2019 at 4:49 PM, Greybird said:

I was a fully qualified abdl!

Thats an an interesting term. I wonder whether those who wet the bed into puberty or beyond were or are more likely to develop this as a fetish?

57 minutes ago, rubbersheetmike said:

Thats an an interesting term. I wonder whether those who wet the bed into puberty or beyond were or are more likely to develop this as a fetish?

One gets habituated, I guess. Once the wetting was gone I missed it, so an abdl was born. 

13 hours ago, rubbersheetmike said:

I think it is the reason why I enjoy being a nightly bedwetter.

12 hours ago, Greybird said:

One gets habituated, I guess. Once the wetting was gone I missed it, so an abdl was born. 

I missed my bedwetting too.

Like Greybird, rubbersheetmike, stevewet and no doubt others I attribute my fetish to childhood bed-wetting.

Think about it, for a male the moist/slippery sensations of a wet bed (or diaper) are similar to sexual intercourse.  That being the case, many (myself included) discovered masturbation in a wet bed.  In no time bed-wetting and sexual arousal were intertwined, a fetish was born.

• Like 2
On 10/12/2019 at 9:21 PM, diapered hubby said:

My father was a bed wetter.  When I got in my teens my mom used to diaper us for bed at the same time

Did it embarrass your father that you knew he needed diapers?

• Like 2

My ongoing diaper fascination for sure stems from bedwetting; I was a prolific and accomplished bedwetter, and I wore diapers to bed until I was about 10. When I was about 12, I started making my own diapers out of towels and plastic bags, but then I got caught by my step-dad, and I went away from it for about 20 years. Then, I saw a picture of myself in one of my mom's photo albums, wearing a diaper on Christmas morning when I was maybe 6 or 7, and it all came flooding back, if you'll forgive the term. I went and bought some adolescent pull-ups that I could make fit, barely, and then I moved on to buying actual diapers. Now, I have been 24/7 for about 13 months. I am 100% sure that this comes from having been a betwetter as a kid. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

One of my sisters till she was 9, my brother till he was 10, and myself which I got the brunt of it.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

I´m a 68 y.o. lifelong bedwetter with a weak bladder, so I know wet pants from my childhood too.

I have no sisters, but 2 female cousins, one 3 years older, and the other 2 years younger.

Both are lifelong bedwetters till today, and in diapers at the daytime too, like myself !

2 daughters from my younger cousin are bedwetters too, until today. (36 + 40 y.o.)

One of her granddaughters is still a bedwetter with now 20, only the younger granddaughter is nearly dry with 17 !

I think...it runs in our family !

Excuse my poor english ~ greetings from germany ~ SAM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Yea, both me and my older brother did.  The older brother wet his bed way longer than I did.  I stopped before he did so that was pretty embarrassing for him. I didn't make fun of him or anything cuz I thought it was a normal thing to do.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2020 at 9:20 PM, Nancy2 said:

Did it embarrass your father that you knew he needed diapers?

I think it did.  Partially because Mom babied us a little.  She made us take a paci while she diapered us and his plastic pants she put on over his diaper was decorated with animals.  

• Like 2

My good friend and his brother were chronic bed wetters. They never used diapers and both peed their beds nearly every night. They were never embarrassed about their wetting and had no problem with me or their friends playing in their room, wet beds, underwear and all. I know they both wet well into their teens.

• Like 3
On 1/28/2021 at 5:38 AM, Gejoe said:

My good friend and his brother were chronic bed wetters. They never used diapers and both peed their beds nearly every night. They were never embarrassed about their wetting and had no problem with me or their friends playing in their room, wet beds, underwear and all. I know they both wet well into their teens.

I never cared who knew I wet the bed I still don't

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
12 hours ago, stevewet said:

Yeah, his brother when visiting fell asleep on my bed while watching us play cards and within 15 minutes wet my bed. 

• Thanks 1
  • 4 months later...

In answer to a previous question, yes I believe the fact that I have continuously wet the bed since early teens and the fact that my mom diapered both me and my dad and the fact that my wife participates in my diapering are the reasons i am abdl.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Funnily enough, I am actually the only person in my extended family with any significant degree of incontinence, including bedwetting as far as I know. That said, I don't talk to my birth extended family anymore so it's possible matters have developed since my estrangement.

• 1 month later...
On 7/25/2021 at 12:39 AM, Kaliborio said:

Funnily enough, I am actually the only person in my extended family with any significant degree of incontinence, including bedwetting as far as I know. That said, I don't talk to my birth extended family anymore so it's possible matters have developed since my estrangement.

And in a stunning inversion of @Kaliborio's norm, I was the ONLY one of my siblings who got OUT of nappies by 2 years of age and did NOT have a protracted bedwetting problem.  Whilst not completely estranged from my birth family, we are not close (physically or emotionally) and rarely communicate.

I guess I don't have one now either.  Whilst I've managed to retrain myself into bedwetting, I couldn't in any honesty describe that as a "problem".

I have no idea what any of this means psychologically but I'd love to find out.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/6/2020 at 2:14 PM, WBxx said:

Like Greybird, rubbersheetmike, stevewet and no doubt others I attribute my fetish to childhood bed-wetting.

Think about it, for a male the moist/slippery sensations of a wet bed (or diaper) are similar to sexual intercourse.  That being the case, many (myself included) discovered masturbation in a wet bed.  In no time bed-wetting and sexual arousal were intertwined, a fetish was born.

i agree i did have my first orgasm in my very wet bed at age 12 i think after that i was in no hurry to give up my nightly bedwetting

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 year later...
On 1/29/2021 at 4:05 PM, stevewet said:

On 1/28/2021 at 5:38 AM, Gejoe said:

I guess their mother was like mine and refused to change the bed every day.

• Like 2
On 4/19/2023 at 3:03 AM, stevewet said:

I guess their mother was like mine and refused to change the bed every day.

Yes you are right, they always had pee stained sheets when ever I was there.

1 hour ago, Gejoe said:

Yes you are right, they always had pee stained sheets when ever I was there.

I van imagine the smell in their room two boy wetting every night and beds that were only changed every few days, My bedroom always stank of pee 

On 9/14/2016 at 6:07 PM, Diaperbob52 said:

I'm an only child but I had several cousins on my mother's side who wet the bed in to their teens.

My cousin who was older than me by a couple of years wet his bed nightly until his late teens. Like me it never bothered him. My aunt kept him in nappies at night a lot longer than me. I went back to nappies just as he stopped wetting. 

I do remember him wetting my bed one night when he stayed over. We always slept together when they came to stay. I remember my mother saying "there is no point in having two wet beds in the morning" It was inevitable that one or both of us would wet the bed. 

By this time both my aunt and my mother had given up trying to get us dry at night and just accepted we both were bedwetters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2