LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My experience with stents

For those using the modified catheter, how does it work in relation to the urine in catheter? Won’t that cause bacteria growing inside the tube? Are you able to “weld” the catheter closed under the hole?

2 hours ago, Spargano said:

For those using the modified catheter, how does it work in relation to the urine in catheter? Won’t that cause bacteria growing inside the tube? Are you able to “weld” the catheter closed under the hole?

I put a plug just under the hole.  And I do my best to keep everything clean. 

14 hours ago, Spargano said:

There is urine trapped between the ‘hole’ and the plugged outer end of the catheter. This has not been an issue for me but then I never have it in place for more than a day or so. As the trapped urine is not exposed to air, bacteria may be slow to develop.

• Thanks 1

Somewhat surprisingly, it is the exterior of the indwelling catheter where the bacteria mostly grow. The flushing of the urine down the centre tube keep that part mostly clean.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I remember seeing a video where someone was showing how to fold over the ends of the stent and how to make a stent, but I can’t seem to find the video. Does anyone know where to find this? 

2 hours ago, bleie1990 said:

I remember seeing a video where someone was showing how to fold over the ends of the stent and how to make a stent, but I can’t seem to find the video. Does anyone know where to find this? 

https://twitter.com/UraKerry/status/1760936672319918520?t=ZeQQEirrFdAW5V2w9ZaekQ&s=19

If you want to know how to make my stent, it is posted here.  I think you can find others if you do a search.  For example, "ABDL stent".  I believe that  comrades always leave behind wisdom.💪

2 hours ago, bleie1990 said:

And may be him

https://www.tumbex.com/ind247.tumblr/video

• Like 3
On 3/6/2024 at 6:55 PM, superabsorbantpolymer said:

If that is the case (which may be true), then why is it you are much more likely to get an infection if you expose the interior to the outside world? 

If that is the case, and I don't know there have been any studies, I expect that the overall cleanliness around the tip of the penis is much better with undies and a collection bag, than a diaper. A wet diaper is a great route for fecal bacteria to move from your bottom to your front, even without any messing involved.

So, I tied the holey foley, with a hole cut 5  inches from the tip. After insertion the catheter, drained, as one would expect out of the hole at the bottom of the catheter. When I plugged the hole, nothing came out at all. I am wondering if the whole should be further down than 5 inch 

Like an idiot, I decided to cut two additional holes lower than one. As it cleared the prostate a riant blood came out of the catheter. That may be normal but I was too frightened to risk it so I did not even inflate it and pulled it out. Now I’m in agony every time I urinate. That, too, maybe normal

• Sad 1

Spargano, five inches from the inner tip should be OK but it still might be inside the prostate and outer sphincter. You could try 6 inches. Give it a rest for a few days for things to settle down. The cuts in your holes may be a little sharp and need to be smoothed off somehow.  

• Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, Old_PA said:

Spargano, five inches from the inner tip should be OK but it still might be inside the prostate and outer sphincter. You could try 6 inches. Give it a rest for a few days for things to settle down. The cuts in your holes may be a little sharp and need to be smoothed off somehow.  

It’s just sore now. The urethra burn has subsided a great deal. I am grateful it only took 12 hours. Is that something that will happen every time the catheter is removed or only if you cause some sort of trauma?

i used sewing sheers to cut the silicon foley (14fr). Is there a good method to create the hole (s) that won’t lead to urethral irritation? Also, is it possible that 14fr is still too big?

I don’t know how much experience you have with catheters. First time they irritate the lining of the urethra but very soon, the urethra accepts them and there is no problem. I use plenty of sterile gel.

Catheters can drain into a leg bag or belly bag. A two litre night bag is great for a good night’s sleep. Draining straight into a diaper is said to be dodgy. I have successfully used a small attachment were the urine drains through a pin hole in a membrane of plastic wrap. The idea being that with urine constantly flowing in one direction, there is little chance of reverse flow. The one time I tried a one way valve, I got UTI.   

Another way to make a hole in a silicone catheter is to use a small twist drill, 2mm is adequate. If necessary, the surface could be smoothed with fine emery paper of maybe a flame.  

Fr14 is unlikely to be too big. Fr12 is very slow to drain.   

Good Luck!        

Where do you drill the hole? When you do it, you plug the end of the cath and then urine drains around it in your urethra into a diaper? I've had urine leak around catheters when I get spasms or cough etc, and the extra fluid in the urethra around the catheter makes it feel a bit congested as it's coming out. I guess if you use a smaller French size then it's not an issue.

On 12/10/2015 at 10:08 PM, cathdiap said:

For me it is completely safe, it never hurts and I never had a UTI using my stents.

When your stent is in place, do you actually feel anything? Can you feel that it is there? I have been experimenting on and off for years but until recently, with 'straight' designs.  Having had the prostrate removed 9 years ago, a single 45 degree 'bend' is all that is needed to keep a stent it in place. First efforts are encouraging but further work needed.  

1 hour ago, superabsorbantpolymer said:

Where do you drill the hole? When you do it, you plug the end of the cath and then urine drains around it in your urethra into a diaper?

I have only tried this once but it worked OK. The hole needs to be beyond the outer sphincter but not too far, maybe 5 or 6 inches from the inner tip. Be sure to avoid the filling line. My prostate has been removed so my measurements won't help.  Yes, urine drains around it.

This is my incontinence device. Used it 24/7 for years, change it weekly. Comfortable and no discomfort at all.

Hole is 16cm down from tip, 12cm below ballon.

IMG_2608.JPG

IMG_2607.JPG

IMG_2605.JPG

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Old_PA said:

Is the balloon inflated?

Yes ballon inflated, then clamped, cut off 7-8 cm and doubled and ziptied. Ziptie hides inside cone of a catheter end i cut off.

This stent is made from 2cm:1cm pipes and 2:2 pipes.
The left side is the head and the right side is the part that is inserted.
By making the head longer, it is less likely to damage the urethra when it moves.
It feels less uncomfortable than before and I hardly notice any pain anymore.
However, I think it needs some further improvements.

Just now my diaper so wet hehe x3

PXL_20240316_165928595.jpg

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, ReggieRolf said:

This stent is made from 2cm:1cm pipes and 2:2 pipes.
The left side is the head and the right side is the part that is inserted.
By making the head longer, it is less likely to damage the urethra when it moves.
It feels less uncomfortable than before and I hardly notice any pain anymore.
However, I think it needs some further improvements.

Just now my diaper so wet hehe x3

PXL_20240316_165928595.jpg

Really like this design. None of mine have been successful (in the comfortable to wear, criteria) yet, i think it’s because i’ve been trying a straight cath that i bend with the heat gun. Plus i need more tools in general. I guess i need to buy some secondary tubing to pull this off properly. I just want a comfy stent. After i installed my first one and felt a gush come out without being able to stop it, i knew this was something i’d have to pursue further.

I wish these were just for sale around the web and not so difficult to make well! 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, DlNord78 said:

Yes ballon inflated, then clamped, cut off 7-8 cm and doubled and ziptied. Ziptie hides inside cone of a catheter end i cut off.

Interesting. Do you use a leather punch to get such a clean hole? 

does the lack of 8 cm impair the length? Wouldn’t an erection pull on the balloon and lead to damage? 

3 hours ago, Spargano said:

Interesting. Do you use a leather punch to get such a clean hole? 

does the lack of 8 cm impair the length? Wouldn’t an erection pull on the balloon and lead to damage? 

I use a oval leather holepunch. The short length restricts erection and act as sort of chastity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, good news/bad news. I purchased a leather hole punch and 4mm brass beads. I punched a hole 7 inches from the tip of the catheter (2.4 mm hole). Unfortunately, I punctured the fill line so I couldn’t inflate the balloon and I don’t have a third catheter to experiment with.

still, I thought “why not at least see if the concept works. I inserted the brass bead into the hole and worked it down half an inch from the hole so that it would force the urine out the hole instead of down the catheter. I then plugged the bottom of the catheter for good measure.  I lubed it up with the catheter tray lubricant and inserted all the way in, and it did go smoothly, no irritation or blood, but, no  urine. Not a drop. 

so I thought maybe the hole has to decend a little for the hole to be below the prostrate. I literally stood over my diaper and let the catheter slowly  come out on its own with nothing coming out. I then sat on the toilet and proceeded to urinate. 

that’s the good news at least. No burning of the urethra.

bottom line. What gives!!!?? How low does the hole need to be to work and how wide does the aperture need to be? Is 14fr too big and the wall of the urethra is simply hugging the catheter too snugly to allow the holes to empty?

On 3/1/2024 at 10:13 AM, cathdiap said:

And this seems to do the trick. The Tena diaper is very soft and adapts very well to the shape of the body, when compressed by tight-fitting jeans or, as I have been doing the last few nights, compressed by tight-fitting underwear. Now the diaper padding stays in contact with my private parts all the time, which dramatically reduces the sensation of peeing. This and the fact that the Tena tends to get thicker and even softer as it gets wetter, results in less exciting sensations, which in turn seems to prevent erections.

To meet the requirements for nighttime use, I will start using Tena Slip Ultima size medium with a capacity of 4000 ml.

After three weeks of using this protocol, I can say with certainty that I have solved the problem of poor sleep due to incontinence. The only disadvantage now is the many leaks in the bed, even when using the Tena Ultima. Since I hardly wake up during the night anymore, I can't consciously decide to turn over and sleep on my back to use the back of the padding. So I need to find a diaper that is just as soft as the Tena, but with extra wider padding at the front. 

Let's see if this helps me enjoy incontinence and diaper dependency without any interruptions. So far so good. Three weeks in and no intention of stopping. 

• Like 2