LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My experience with stents

1 hour ago, cathdiap said:

If I had to mention one downside to these super comfortable and safe stents: there is absolutely no reason to pull them out. Don't you also find it tempting to simply remain permanently incontinent?

I have been following this thread with great interest ever since I joint Daily Diapers. I wear and use my stent 24/7 and to be honest I find it quite comfortable and does the job quite well. I can keep it in days if not weeks in a row and I only have to take it out to clean because minerals, salts, you name it start to build up and they will clog my stent in the end which causes discomfort. How is that with your design is that also the main reason if not the only reason to take it out? To me that is one of the major downsides on my design or maybe stent use in general, build-up of waste over time. For sure I am open to improvement on my stent. If your design doesn’t have the same problem as I have with mine I might go back to the drawing board it would prove to be a big step forward.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dlnoir said:

I only have to take it out to clean because minerals, salts, you name it start to build up and they will clog my stent in the end which causes discomfort. How is that with your design is that also the main reason if not the only reason to take it out?

I have never experienced builf up of salts or other minerals. Admittedly the longest i have worn my stent without interruption was only about two weeks. So maybe that is too short to detect that kind of build up and the discomfort that it causes.

I believe we are using the same silicone tubing, so what could make the difference between our experiences regarding salt buildup? I would be surprised if your design allows for more crust formation. Your design makes the stent more flexible, so crystals are less likely to get stuck between the urethral wall and the silicone.

Maybe it's something to do with nutrition. Since I started eating almost exclusively high fat carnivore foods, I noticed that my urine irritates the urethra less and the urine flow is more even. Also worth mentioning is my weekly routine of squeezing my peepee and applying pressure to the bladder when I'm in bed. The urine that has accumulated in the bladder then fills the urethra and flushes the space between the stent and the urethral wall. Perhaps this will also help prevent crust formation.   .

But to prepare myself for inserting my stent without an extraction line, I still have to find out whether I can keep it in for months. I will keep you informed of the results of this test.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, cathdiap said:

Please let me know if it worked and how it went.

If I had to mention one downside to these super comfortable and safe stents: there is absolutely no reason to pull them out. Don't you also find it tempting to simply remain permanently incontinent?

It's very tempting indeed!  Things just feel right when I'm dribbling uncontrollably and without noticing.  I'll keep you updated with my stenting plans!

Alright, here's a new stent idea I don't think I've seen on this thread yet, so I hope it inspires someone to use it or make it better.

Note: this only works for male plumbing. Sorry ladies. :( 

Materials:

** Still use caution and clean technique, one-way check valves only go so far to prevent UTIs.

You'll need to use some engineering for this. You'll want to cut a length of silicone tubing to your size, depending on where your bladder neck is and the length of your penis. I'd start off with about 1 foot of tubing.

Fold one end of the tubing inward on itself so no sharp edges of the tube being inserted into your bladder are sharp. I use a pair of forceps to bend in the tube and then use a technique I can't describe well to even it out.

Boil the silicone tubing or disinfect it such that it is safe for insertion. After the tubing has been sterilized, use some sterile lubricant and inject into the head of your penis and lubricate the inward-folded end of the tube for insertion. Insert the tube like you would a catheter until urine is released from your bladder. This is now your measurement. I had to do this twice because I measured wrong the first time.

Eyeball and measure out a length of tubing that is still inside the bladder but protruding out of your penis and mark where the one-way check valve should go. Be sure to leave enough room for the inserted portion of check valve. The end of the check valve will sit inside the chastity cage, preventing the silicone tube from slipping out of the bladder.

Take it out, cut the tube, and insert the check valve onto the end of the tubing that was not folded inward. If the edge is flush with the check valve you should have no irritation if your meatus ends up touching the end of the valve.

Disinfect it again. Put on the chastity cage ring, lube up your penis again and the smooth end of the tubing and insert. Hopefully urine is still flowing. If all is good, put on the rest of the chastity cage, and lock it into place. The result should be the end of the check valve protruding out of the cage a little bit and no matter your physical position, the inward folded, smooth, end of the silicone tube should be inside your bladder.

Voila. Pictures will follow at the end of this post.

I finished this setup myself about 30 minutes ago and currently have it in. So far it's working.

Pros:

• No catheter balloon to irritate your bladder.
  • No retrieval line to dangle out of your penis, preventing further irritation.
  • (My mental opinion:) The space between the head of the penis, the check valve, and the chastity cage *should* prevent migration of bacteria, "to a point", into the bladder via the wall of the silicone tubing and our urethra.
  • It's actually pretty comfortable. Removal of the tubing shouldn't irritate your urethra at all considering it's still smooth when you remove it, unlike a deflated catheter balloon.
  • There's no dangly tube to manage if you decide to use the toilet, the cage keeps everything in place.
  • There's no dangly tube flopping around inside your diaper to irritate the tip of your penis. Again, everything is short, sweet, and compact.
  • If the silicone tubing is soft enough, you should be able to sit on it, and a firm seat, for longer periods of time before your perineum wants to sue you for damages, which means it should be more comfortable to sit on than a stiff catheter.

Cons (so far):

• You still can't feel yourself pee. :(

If you find that drainage isn't optimal, I suggest using @cathdiap's method of using a leather hole punch and putting a few holes near the end of the tubing sitting inside your bladder. Just make sure the holes go well into the bladder and are not resting in or on the bladder neck to prevent irritation and bleeding.

I'll update this post later after I sleep to let you know how things work out while sleeping. I'm a stomach sleeper, for what it's worth.

As always, stay clean, stay safe, avoid pain, and most of all, use this design at your own risk. Have fun!

Here are the pictures of the fairly simple and final design, plus or minus a few modifications per your personal adjustments:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

One of my ways I get bladder leaks and urinary incontinence

I wear an intermittent catheter from Hollister 24/7 every day. Every morning after personal hygiene I change the system which makes me completely urinary incontinent. It consists of the coated disposable catheter open as size Ch.14 or 16.

After insertion, it is secured by a self-adhesive condom urinal (diameter 26 or 28 mm). To reduce the length ot the small and lifeless penis I pushed together slightly with a second urinal and secured with an adhesive skin tape and latex condom urinal.

If during wear it and a uocoming bladder spasms occur and the sphincter muscle opens, it is important to make small holes at the tip of the two condom urinals for drainage. I have been using this method for over a year now. It is almost perfect for me, as I have not found the right solution with stents due to time constraints.

I didn't get a UTI during this time, but I did get a nice incontinence. When inserting, disinfect the tip of the penis beforehand and do not touch the tip of the catheter!

I also use cut-off permanent catheters with a hole occasionally. However, a few years ago I also had a catheter that had slipped into my bladder and had to be removed in the emergency room at the urology department. So here is my safe and daily solution 😉

I drink between 2.5 and 3.5 liters of fluid a day. I wear highly absorbent products from the medical sector for night care during the day. I change my soaked diapers four to six times a day.

Even though I always wear PVC or tcsb polypres protective pants over them, the occasional accident happens at the office or while traveling. I get used to it and sometimes I don't notice the point to change in time in the always warm, soft and damp diapers. One or two wet patches on the top leg of my pants can then no longer be hidden. I always have a change of pants in the office and car.  

if you have any questions please write to me ...

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

0001_FP_2023-12-22 o.jpg

I would be interested to know if this worked for you. The bottom bend looks a bit more obtuse than I would trust to prevent inward migration. Something closer to a 90° would be much less likely to slide around. Just my personal opinion.

15cm is close to 6" in length, I think that is plenty long, though the distance between the bends is what matters a bit more than the overall length and will slightly differ for everyone. It's all about trial and error, finding what works for your physique, what doesn't work and refining it until you are satisfied.

• Like 1
On 12/22/2023 at 11:24 AM, Kissnofrog said:

My first design. How does this look?

Looking good! Did it work?

On 12/21/2023 at 3:45 PM, petropol said:

if you have any questions please write to me ...

Do you think this is a stent? It looks more like a catheter to me. The big difference between the two is that a catheter does not give you the feeling that you are urinating.

Anyway, I am glad that you have experienced incontinence. 

On 12/26/2023 at 6:22 AM, Old_PA said:

If soft enough, it could curl around and easily fit in the bladder.

I did this in the beginning but it caused discomfort after a few hours, even if the stent was very soft.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2023 at 2:42 PM, Hannah YMS said:

Alright, here's a new stent idea I don't think I've seen on this thread yet, so I hope it inspires someone to use it or make it better.

Note: this only works for male plumbing. Sorry ladies. :( 

Materials:

** Still use caution and clean technique, one-way check valves only go so far to prevent UTIs.

You'll need to use some engineering for this. You'll want to cut a length of silicone tubing to your size, depending on where your bladder neck is and the length of your penis. I'd start off with about 1 foot of tubing.

Fold one end of the tubing inward on itself so no sharp edges of the tube being inserted into your bladder are sharp. I use a pair of forceps to bend in the tube and then use a technique I can't describe well to even it out.

Boil the silicone tubing or disinfect it such that it is safe for insertion. After the tubing has been sterilized, use some sterile lubricant and inject into the head of your penis and lubricate the inward-folded end of the tube for insertion. Insert the tube like you would a catheter until urine is released from your bladder. This is now your measurement. I had to do this twice because I measured wrong the first time.

Eyeball and measure out a length of tubing that is still inside the bladder but protruding out of your penis and mark where the one-way check valve should go. Be sure to leave enough room for the inserted portion of check valve. The end of the check valve will sit inside the chastity cage, preventing the silicone tube from slipping out of the bladder.

Take it out, cut the tube, and insert the check valve onto the end of the tubing that was not folded inward. If the edge is flush with the check valve you should have no irritation if your meatus ends up touching the end of the valve.

Disinfect it again. Put on the chastity cage ring, lube up your penis again and the smooth end of the tubing and insert. Hopefully urine is still flowing. If all is good, put on the rest of the chastity cage, and lock it into place. The result should be the end of the check valve protruding out of the cage a little bit and no matter your physical position, the inward folded, smooth, end of the silicone tube should be inside your bladder.

Voila. Pictures will follow at the end of this post.

I finished this setup myself about 30 minutes ago and currently have it in. So far it's working.

Pros:

• No catheter balloon to irritate your bladder.
  • No retrieval line to dangle out of your penis, preventing further irritation.
  • (My mental opinion:) The space between the head of the penis, the check valve, and the chastity cage *should* prevent migration of bacteria, "to a point", into the bladder via the wall of the silicone tubing and our urethra.
  • It's actually pretty comfortable. Removal of the tubing shouldn't irritate your urethra at all considering it's still smooth when you remove it, unlike a deflated catheter balloon.
  • There's no dangly tube to manage if you decide to use the toilet, the cage keeps everything in place.
  • There's no dangly tube flopping around inside your diaper to irritate the tip of your penis. Again, everything is short, sweet, and compact.
  • If the silicone tubing is soft enough, you should be able to sit on it, and a firm seat, for longer periods of time before your perineum wants to sue you for damages, which means it should be more comfortable to sit on than a stiff catheter.

Cons (so far):

• You still can't feel yourself pee. :(

If you find that drainage isn't optimal, I suggest using @cathdiap's method of using a leather hole punch and putting a few holes near the end of the tubing sitting inside your bladder. Just make sure the holes go well into the bladder and are not resting in or on the bladder neck to prevent irritation and bleeding.

I'll update this post later after I sleep to let you know how things work out while sleeping. I'm a stomach sleeper, for what it's worth.

As always, stay clean, stay safe, avoid pain, and most of all, use this design at your own risk. Have fun!

Here are the pictures of the fairly simple and final design, plus or minus a few modifications per your personal adjustments:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Thank you for the tip, i'm now testing out this solution, only differense is that i'm using a 30cm Intermittent Catheter, 30 minutes in and no pain, can't even feel it

• Like 1

Having experimented with various stent designs, I believe I've found the ideal one at a total length of 6 inches. I incorporated a hard plastic tube within fish airline tubing, using food-grade silicone spray for assembly. The bladder angle is approximately 30 degrees, while the other end is set at about 45 degrees. To ensure a smooth experience, both ends of the hose are neatly folded. I've tried 5 men's pull-ups from Depends, 1 Abena L4, and I'm currently using Megamax. Despite having no control, the sensation of intermittent urine spurts is quite unique.

• Like 4

Congrats Wolife, wait until you go to take the trash out on trash day. We live in a signal family home with curbside pick up once a week. Those cans can get really heavy in seven days.

There are some people still messaging me looking for the backup file to before this forum crashed, as it appears FileDropper no longer exists so I am attaching it here for anyone to save or share.

Here is also a link to the download that will expire in one year (1/16/25):
https://file.io/io4kLYJwaiuN

Cathdiap, would you be able to attach this to your first post as the OP?

My experience with stents - Incontinent-Desires - [DD] Boards & Chat.pdf

• Like 2

It's been 1.5 years since I've tried a stent but I recently tried a new design inspired by Cathdiap's. It locks right into place and I had it in for a little over 48 hrs. Here are a few pics (pardon the dry hands-- this winter has been cold!)

1338047663_20240103_014254(Large).thumb.jpg.f9a3b76e7b690ffdfd4cce12ee8d832e.jpg

1656256039_20240103_011456(Large).thumb.jpg.81c402b2ac49a98fd88471e38d650011.jpg

928117175_20240103_022312(Large).thumb.jpg.55a8a1388388a87c99b23930c6833593.jpg

I've been using a diamond-coated animal nail grinder in my Dremel to accomplish the rounded edges on the silicone:

nail_grinder.thumb.jpg.6c6152cf270889db45534c8ff5153f7d.jpg

Like all of the 20+ designs I've tried, it works flawless during the day but not very well lying down. Perhaps it is just my physique but in my experience my urethra flattens out almost entirely when lying flat due to the ~90° bottom bend which I've found promotes inward migration. I guess this shouldn't really come as much of a surprise as seeing a straight urethral sound or straight urethroscope (like the below) can technically be inserted all the way into the bladder... meaning the urethra is super flexible:

CystoUrethroskope_sliderMIDIsize1_720_405px.jpg.57e23007212a46bba22c2d73fd39b419.jpg

sounds.thumb.png.a9556e37c158591ebc5d3af06a21d75b.png

So again I'm back to the drawing board. The longest I've gone with a design in was 2 weeks with a former O-Ring design modeled after dlnoir's design. No solution has perfectly satisfied all the criteria that I have sought:

• Easy insertion and removal past the meatus (Cathdiap's is an example, O-Rings are not)
  • Good drainage during the day and night regardless of position
  • No migration in any position, even with a strong Kegel pelvic floor exercise

My ultimate goal is to build a comfortable stent that satisfies each of these goals at once, with an emphasis on a design that I can sleep with to promote bedwetting but I have still never had a design that accomplishes that. They all suck when lying down, and that's honestly why I've taken a 1.5 year break with stents.

• Like 3

So, i tried 2 stents so far based on Cathdiap's design but i keep struggling to find the right match between the inner and outer tube diameters.

The first i build was made from a Ch16 single use catheter and a ptfe tube with inner 2mm and outer 3mm diameter. The fitting of the ptfe tube was very tight. When i inserted it in my bladder nothing happening, so i pulled it out immediately. When i looked for the cause i saw it was clogged by the instillagel which i used for lubing.

The Second stent i tried was with a silicone tube 6mm outer and 5mm inner diameter with only 0.5mm wall strength, and this was to thin and flexible i couldn't insert it doe to the flex.

So may i ask you all, what Diameter pairs do you use?

It would be neat if you tell me your store as well where you purchased it but only if it's in europe. 

• Like 1
On 1/16/2024 at 4:55 PM, Loveable_guy said:

Congrats Wolife, wait until you go to take the trash out on trash day. We live in a signal family home with curbside pick up once a week. Those cans can get really heavy in seven days.

I did today. Both cans were full. 

I tried another stent today, i made i from a single use pvc catheter, i have it inside right now. It gave me stress incontinence, coughing and bending over made loose spurts of urine and i dribble very very small amounts. What does this mean? Is the stent not far enough inside my bladder or can it be that the inner tubing is again clogged but the urine flows on the outside of the tubing past my urethra when i cough?

When coughing which sphincter muscle makes way, the inner or the outer?

EDIT: The Position seems not quite right and the flow was to minimal, it was made from a CH 14 Catheter with no inner tubing, it pushed out when i urinated by myself because the bladder pressure got to high

• Like 1
On 1/13/2024 at 9:22 PM, BG83 said:

Thank you for the tip, i'm now testing out this solution, only differense is that i'm using a 30cm Intermittent Catheter, 30 minutes in and no pain, can't even feel it

third time using this solution and have been incontinent since Tuesday afternoon, gone through many diapers and love the feeling of not having control. so far no unpleasant feelings or UTI. will change the catheter on Sunday since the type I use is not intended for long-term use

On 1/18/2024 at 10:37 PM, nass said:

So, i tried 2 stents so far based on Cathdiap's design but i keep struggling to find the right match between the inner and outer tube diameters.

The first i build was made from a Ch16 single use catheter and a ptfe tube with inner 2mm and outer 3mm diameter. The fitting of the ptfe tube was very tight. When i inserted it in my bladder nothing happening, so i pulled it out immediately. When i looked for the cause i saw it was clogged by the instillagel which i used for lubing.

The Second stent i tried was with a silicone tube 6mm outer and 5mm inner diameter with only 0.5mm wall strength, and this was to thin and flexible i couldn't insert it doe to the flex.

So may i ask you all, what Diameter pairs do you use?

It would be neat if you tell me your store as well where you purchased it but only if it's in europe. 

Hi , using silicone tube,  6mm outer diam / 4 mm inner diameter. Correct shape is achived by heating the tube where I want the angles to be. I have 60 mm in between the angles. 60 mm is distance between inner /outher sphincter. The stent is clogged by lube sometimes after insertationbut as soon as pressure builds up the urine pushes out the lube and after that the dribble start and I have lost the control of my urine.

• Like 3
On 1/26/2024 at 4:20 PM, Naviking said:

Hi , using silicone tube,  6mm outer diam / 4 mm inner diameter. Correct shape is achived by heating the tube where I want the angles to be. I have 60 mm in between the angles. 60 mm is distance between inner /outher sphincter. The stent is clogged by lube sometimes after insertationbut as soon as pressure builds up the urine pushes out the lube and after that the dribble start and I have lost the control of my urine.

Thank you for you information. Don't you use any inner tube made from tougher plastic?

No inner tubes. I shape the silicone tube using a heatgun. It takes some practice , easy to burn the tube . You have to maintain the wanted shape during the cooling down.  The two curves are stiff enaugh to keep the stent in place and soft enaugh to make the insert painfree, the stent can be a little straightened during insertation. 

@Naviking that's interesting, i tried something similar with a single use pvc catheter. However with the silicone tubeing i had no success, it won't hold the position. 

Another question, i saw you stent on fetlife, but i don't get it how did you fix the fishing line?