LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My experience with stents

After the setback of being unable to sleep due to constant arousal I tweaked several things in order to get my penis to lay low (pun intended).

I started sleeping on my back more. It took me a few weeks to get used to it, but it seems to be working. Sometimes I turn on my stomach when I sleep, but if this wakes me up with an erection, I just turn back on my back and continue sleeping. Usually the erection decreases..

I also started inserting boosters in my night diaper. I put my penis between the booster and the padding of the Better Dry so when I start wetting, the pee no longer flows over my other male parts. That feeling seemed to be provoking arousal and is now greatly reduced.

And finally I upped the intake of animal fats even more to improve my satiety before going to bed. This way I am getting more fast asleep, which also postpones the increase of cortisol (the waking up / alertness hormone) to a later moment in time. This also seems to help fighting morningwood in the middle of the night.

So it looks like I'm getting back on track to becoming 24/7 again. I'm glad I haven't bought new underwear yet. I think it would have been a waste of money.

• 2 months later...
On 3/7/2023 at 8:42 PM, Ivanna P. Friely said:

I've been playing around with silicon putty and liquid silicon in pursuit of the female stent. I'll come back with more pictures but my ideas are basically all just a very short, flexible tube with two bulbous ends, retaining line threaded through all parts. So it just sits at the bladder sphincter with the bigger bulb outside.

I was modelling some with the putty alone as pictured, the trouble with that is they need to be quite chunky for the putty to retain enough strength. Next models will use some silicon hose with metal ends painted over with the silicon rubber (which gives a nice slippery finish). The Long one in the middle is the only one I've tried inserting and I wore it for a few days because I didn't have faith in the strength of the small ones  - it's a good sound and it caused minor constant leakage but not enough, the hole at the top comes out just under the base of the tip; the idea was it was far enough away from the outside to be a bit protected from bacterial but it isn't effective for flow. And obviously there's significant sensation with something like that one, so not ideal if you want invisible. 

IMG20230220112757.jpg

IMG20230220114506.jpg

Edit - I should add that I've got a pretty wide urethra and am post-op trans, so there's a bit of difference at the bladder entrance because I still have a prostate. Withered away from no testosterone in a very long time but still there presumably. I don't know if that changes the idea though, essentially I'm hoping to anchor purely on the bladder neck with a shorter stent than these examples. Good odds that it will go in, so trying to keep it small, smooth, and have every part attached to the retrieval line. I don't have time to experiment more at the moment :(

Someone can change you from male to female but could not or would not make you incontinent?    Or did the desire com after surgery

Gender Reassignment Surgery is well proven to be a highly successful treatment for a highly researched condition affecting around 1-3% of the population and it's been in use since the early 20th century. 

Elective incontinence surgery is not known to be practiced at all and being an ethically dubious procedure only the fringe of a fringe population want, should not be compared. Honestly seems a bit rude to conflate the two.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ivanna P. Friely said:

Gender Reassignment Surgery is well proven to be a highly successful treatment for a highly researched condition affecting around 1-3% of the population and it's been in use since the early 20th century. 

Elective incontinence surgery is not known to be practiced at all and being an ethically dubious procedure only the fringe of a fringe population want, should not be compared. Honestly seems a bit rude to conflate the two.

While I agree with your overall statement when applied to the general population, I think the "conflation of the two" is misinterpreted. Those of us with a very strong desire for incontinence (which may include desiring surgery) tend to have dysphoria over having control over our functions, and I think this is where the comparison begins and ends.

I think the dysphoria felt by trans people is very similar to the dysphoria of having continence. The dysphoria can be so strong that some of us end up hurting ourselves or landing ourselves in the emergency room (including myself) just to get what we want. If our dysphoria is that strong, it can probably be classified as Body Integrity Dysphoria (f.k.a. BIID).

I am on a BID/BIID discussion mailing list and they compare their dysphoria to the trans experience of dysphoria all the time, and with agreement from trans people with BID that the experiences in dysphoria are similar.

Transitioning is medically accepted and therefore socially acceptable (which includes GRS) but BID (BIID) has yet to be medically acknowledged in the DSM (United States). This is hearsay, but I have heard/read that it is medically accepted in the ICD-10 (Europe). I don't have a copy of the ICD-10 so I can't verify that.

If and/or when BID is medically accepted as a disorder in the DSM we will likely see a rise in ethical surgeries to help correct the various dysphorias that go hand-in-hand with BID, including surgeries for gaining incontinence. At least, that is my hope. Of course all this is speculation at this point so we'll see what happens in the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 7/1/2023 at 5:54 AM, jonbearab said:

While I agree with your overall statement when applied to the general population, I think the "conflation of the two" is misinterpreted. Those of us with a very strong desire for incontinence (which may include desiring surgery) tend to have dysphoria over having control over our functions, and I think this is where the comparison begins and ends.

I think the dysphoria felt by trans people is very similar to the dysphoria of having continence. The dysphoria can be so strong that some of us end up hurting ourselves or landing ourselves in the emergency room (including myself) just to get what we want. If our dysphoria is that strong, it can probably be classified as Body Integrity Dysphoria (f.k.a. BIID).

I am on a BID/BIID discussion mailing list and they compare their dysphoria to the trans experience of dysphoria all the time, and with agreement from trans people with BID that the experiences in dysphoria are similar.

Transitioning is medically accepted and therefore socially acceptable (which includes GRS) but BID (BIID) has yet to be medically acknowledged in the DSM (United States). This is hearsay, but I have heard/read that it is medically accepted in the ICD-10 (Europe). I don't have a copy of the ICD-10 so I can't verify that.

If and/or when BID is medically accepted as a disorder in the DSM we will likely see a rise in ethical surgeries to help correct the various dysphorias that go hand-in-hand with BID, including surgeries for gaining incontinence. At least, that is my hope. Of course all this is speculation at this point so we'll see what happens in the future.

I don't disagree that there's a comparison on the dysphoria, I wasn't getting the impression that was the angle though and having seen this comment around the forum a couple of times it came across as a flippant way of saying "well this other weird thing happens sooo...". Probably an overreaction on my part and I apologise, it pushed that "well I identify as an attack helicopter" button and reminded me why I usually don't disclose. 

I mean, it is weird, all of it. GID has the benefit of about 120 years of research to look better - I don't actually disagree elective that surgeries of any kind should be allowed so long as the recipient is well informed and always responsible for the outcomes of their decision. Everyone should have full bodily autonomy. 

Also as a side note, Gender Dysphoria is separately a diagnosis (DSM V) and a symptom; the diagnosis would be applied to anyone seeking therapy or other affirming care but is not actually experienced by all trans people as a symptom in regard to their physical form. That interpretation is flawed because Gender Dysphoria is really about the way people perceive you versus the way you perceive yourself - for some people the body doesn't come into it, for others that's a very strong component but for those that experience Dysphoria akin to BID (which includes me) it's near impossible to know if the incongruence between self and external perception led to the dysphoria towards ones body or if it would have existed in isolation. I feel like the dysphoria regarding the body is a rationalisation that you build up from childhood to make sense of why it is you can't be seen for who you are.  Some people will say they don't feel like their body is "wrong" but still want to alter their appearance because it's easier to get along in society by providing more of the expected gender cues. 

anyway, sidetracked. Silicon putty wasn't really successful for anyone hoping to get back on the topic of stents. 

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Ivanna P. Friely said:

I don't disagree that there's a comparison on the dysphoria, I wasn't getting the impression that was the angle though and having seen this comment around the forum a couple of times it came across as a flippant way of saying "well this other weird thing happens sooo...". Probably an overreaction on my part and I apologise, it pushed that "well I identify as an attack helicopter" button and reminded me why I usually don't disclose. 

I mean, it is weird, all of it. GID has the benefit of about 120 years of research to look better - I don't actually disagree elective that surgeries of any kind should be allowed so long as the recipient is well informed and always responsible for the outcomes of their decision. Everyone should have full bodily autonomy. 

Also as a side note, Gender Dysphoria is separately a diagnosis (DSM V) and a symptom; the diagnosis would be applied to anyone seeking therapy or other affirming care but is not actually experienced by all trans people as a symptom in regard to their physical form. That interpretation is flawed because Gender Dysphoria is really about the way people perceive you versus the way you perceive yourself - for some people the body doesn't come into it, for others that's a very strong component but for those that experience Dysphoria akin to BID (which includes me) it's near impossible to know if the incongruence between self and external perception led to the dysphoria towards ones body or if it would have existed in isolation. I feel like the dysphoria regarding the body is a rationalisation that you build up from childhood to make sense of why it is you can't be seen for who you are.  Some people will say they don't feel like their body is "wrong" but still want to alter their appearance because it's easier to get along in society by providing more of the expected gender cues. 

anyway, sidetracked. Silicon putty wasn't really successful for anyone hoping to get back on the topic of stents. 

Lol, your last line. In that vein I'll keep this short.

Thank you for clarifying that Gender Dysphoria is separate from GID, I had forgotten about that. And you have an interesting point regarding external perception of the self vs existence in isolation with respect to the development of the dysphoria in question. This gives me a new perspective so, much appreciated. Also, no need to apologize, I think this is a healthy discussion. Perhaps we can make a new thread if we wish to further explore this. Cheers!

• Like 1

Hey! Long time lurker here been reading with casual interest of this thread and the incontinence desires section. I wasn't initially too interested in using catheters/stents to achieve incontinence, but I recently came across this design on a now deactivated tumblr account (Apologies if it has been posted here before). I have seen quite a bit about catheters and stents, but I haven't seen one that looks quite like this. I believe it is part of a chastity device that was made by Steelwerks which they no longer make. This inner part of the device locks into the tube of device and created incontinence. 

It got me thinking though, would a person with a PA be able to use this part of the device by itself? The tube to the bladder leading to this wand which is screwed in through the PA? Could the screw part be lockable somehow? Maybe the front part of the wand that would stick out of the end could be shortened to make it safer against UTI? Is this something other's on here have already conceived of? So many questions.

This kind of thing makes me quite excited and I've been looking into it like crazy. Making something like this would be of interest to be and I would be willing to get a PA just for it. 

tumblr_nsozfngp6c1r4uy9io1_540.jpg

12 hours ago, JaFty said:

Hey! Long time lurker here been reading with casual interest of this thread and the incontinence desires section. I wasn't initially too interested in using catheters/stents to achieve incontinence, but I recently came across this design on a now deactivated tumblr account (Apologies if it has been posted here before). I have seen quite a bit about catheters and stents, but I haven't seen one that looks quite like this. I believe it is part of a chastity device that was made by Steelwerks which they no longer make. This inner part of the device locks into the tube of device and created incontinence. 

It got me thinking though, would a person with a PA be able to use this part of the device by itself? The tube to the bladder leading to this wand which is screwed in through the PA? Could the screw part be lockable somehow? Maybe the front part of the wand that would stick out of the end could be shortened to make it safer against UTI? Is this something other's on here have already conceived of? So many questions.

This kind of thing makes me quite excited and I've been looking into it like crazy. Making something like this would be of interest to be and I would be willing to get a PA just for it. 

tumblr_nsozfngp6c1r4uy9io1_540.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, that's exactly made for a PA. I've also considered getting a PA just for something like this. Let us know what you decide to do?

A PA with that device would probably work and would stay in place, but opens a portal from the outside to the bladder since it's not entirely internal like most stent designs. That drastically increases the risk of a UTI as bacteria would be able to enter, and also wouldn't promote the feeling of incontinence since you wouldn't feel the dribbling. It is much more similar to a catheter in that effect.

I have had a PA for many years and whilst away on holidays recently thought of using my Prince's Wand to hold a cutdown, uninflated catheter in place. Tried it when returning home. It works well but there are two downsides. One cannot feel any pee dripping out and it probably is no more safe than a regular catheter draining into a diaper. Of course one could use it to keep a cutdown holey foly in place but still you would feel nothing.    So far, the most success I have with stents is the humble holey foly.(modified catheter)

A problem with any divice requiring a PA piercing is that pin needs to be of the correct diameter for the piercing, and, if it is a wand, it also needs to be the correct diameter for the urethra.   

Edited by Old_PA
addition
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/10/2023 at 2:21 PM, zraihusky said:

This will be my attempt to explain how I create my stent. I have experimented with a lot of different materials and designs, but this is, for me, the best and easiest. This is my way, use at your own risk!

Materials:image.thumb.png.bc6b9f344c8e253fc65a002c76de68e5.png

Start with cutting a piece of tubing longer than the desired length. I start with about 8.5-inch tubing. I have tried many lengths, but they have always been too big! Too long of a tube can make it so it is in your bladder more, thus not removing all pee which can cause issues. Too short of a tube is not good as you can guess, it will not work. The point of a stent is to keep open two sphincters: the internal and external sphincters to allow pee to free flow between them. Please do your research before trying anything like this. This is what I do, not what you should do! Again, use at your own risk!!

With the heat gun on med-low, I use the sounding rod to help bend the tube. Slow is best! With the rod at the end, so I don't burn myself, the tip is in the tube about where I want the angle to be. I turn it often while bending it at almost 90 degrees. Going slow, so the tube doesn't warp. I use the ice water to cool it down fast, so I don't have to hold it as it cools. With one side done, I measure where I want the other bend to be. For me, it is about 4.5 inches from end to end. The tips are about 1.5 inches, but I leave more so I can attach the balls, and then I cut\sand the ends.

After bending the tube to my liking, I start on the balls\beads. With the Dremel, there is an attachment that comes with it that helps. I'm not sure what it is used for, but it barely fits in the hole that comes with the ball. I take my time to increase the hole size. I make it smaller than the tubing, just big enough to work the tubing into the hole with some effort. I move the ball into place. It will be about 1-2 inches from the bottom (I eye it mostly). I don't want it too long in the bladder that it will cause irritation with the bladder wall or too long in the urethra that it interferes with the bending of my penis. 

I cut the tubing down to the ball and then used the Dremel to smooth the end of the tubing. I start with the highest grit and go down to the cloth bit to finish it. The smoother, the better. Less room for bacteria or abrasions.
After I am pleased with that, I remove the ball from the side that will be in the urethra. I use the sewing needle and fishing line to fish the line from the outside to the inside of the tubing. The line only comes from the inside tube and not from the outside. That means the line circles half of the tubing on the outside. I place it in the area of the ball. I make sure I have at least a foot of line, it might be too much, but I prefer it at this point. I put the ball back onto the tube by threading the line through the ball and onto the tube. I cover the line on the outside of the tube with the ball.
There you have it! My stent!

I clean up everything and disinfect the stent by putting it in a solution for 1 minute of Cavicide (this is a dangerous solution, use and handle it at your own risk!!! I use Povidone Iodine to clean my hand, penis, and leave it on until I finish the insertion. I use Surgilube for the lube. I use my PA ring to keep the fishing line in place, making sure that there is enough slack for when I am erect. 

It isn't easy to insert for one reason, the balls. The balls barely fit through my meatus and make a pop then it does. Also, I must be careful about pushing the stent in and ensuring the urethra skin is moving over it and not bunched up in front of the ball. I use sterile lube and make sure it is on the ball. Removing is just as tricky, as the balls get caught on the urethra skin and sphincters, but with work, relaxation and going slow, it comes out without any pain or blood (luckily never had any of that yet)

Oh, one more thing! I forgot about the leather hole punch. I use that to put holes near the ball in the bladder. The smallest I can get. Also, these have to be softened as the edges are sharp, and they can cause damage (from experience!!) The holes are essential for me for a few reasons. One, they help relieve any pressure at the end part of my urethra if the bladder moves. I have felt that without the holes, I get a weird sensation, like a sucking if I had to describe it. It doesn't hurt or last long, but it is irritating that you are working away and then feel this weird sensation. Another reason I like the holes is to allow any pee to flow when the bladder wall blocks the tip. 

An important note about the holes is don't have too many!! I have covered the end of the tube that is in the bladder with them, and it felt great when it moved; even some massaged my prostate. I thought I was in bliss with the feeling that I even tried to get off with the feeling... but, in the end... I caused a LOT of damage to my prostate. I am currently on medicine to reduce my prostate swelling and other damage it has caused. But it was my "redesign" stent that went wrong, too many holes!! 

I am currently recovering from that stent and will keep it out for 2 months for that process. My last stent (even though it was a tad longer than I wanted, thus why I redesigned it) was doing great. I kept it in for 2 weeks without issue. Even by designing this stent from scratch, most have done great. Small changes in length, and the bad experience about having too many holes, otherwise, this is a winner in my book!

Update to my design and experience with this stent. I love this stent still, I have worn it for weeks at a time! I only take it out at times for sex sometimes or to clean the stent. Also, I found a urologist that is keeping watch on my bladder and urethra, which is amazing! They took an ultrasound image so I could see how far the stent is in my bladder (even though it is hard to really tell, I'll post the pic), and I watched as they did an Cystoscopy. The urethra was good with no redness or swelling, and there was a small red spot on my bladder wall that was probably caused by a stent. The doctor was not concerned about it.

Changes I have made: Is to not have a big curve in the tube that goes into the bladder, as cathdiap mentioned once. There is still a curve, but only about 20 degrees or so. Also, I played with the holes to help relieve pressure. My current stent has holes in the ball that is located in the bladder. 

I've simplified the process as well, and can make a new one rather quickly. It takes about 30 minutes now, but I still take my time and make sure it is as perfect as I feel comfortable. I use an electric drill with new drill bits that I use only for the stent balls. The holes needs to be widened so I can press it onto the tubing on both ends. I still use the leather hole punch for the pressure vent holes, and this is the hardest part! Using the hole punch over the ball and tubing is not easy, but it is so much better than other ideas I have had. I tried the drill for the pressure holes before, but it leaves the plastic connected to the tubing that it is not a clean cut. I also tried the Dremel, but it was slow and not as accurate. 

The reason for the balls is to create a smooth surface at the tips when the stent is going in and out of the urethra, and to protect the bladder wall from scratching. The tubing shape is easy to obtain by heating the material, mold it how I want, and then put in cold water to hold the form. At body temperature, it is soft, but holds its form.

So, most of the details from my previous post are still used. I have played with the length of the stent over and over again, and while they are different sizes, it seems they all work well. The important part of the sizing is the bend while in the urethra, just under the taint. The length has to be long enough to hold its place while at a 90 degree bend to not want to migrate into the bladder, but short enough so it is not putting pressure in the urethra toward the penis to cause irritation (there is a point in my urethra where nerves sensitive to pressure of the stent is more or none existent, for me.) I also don't want the tube going too deep into the bladder, as the function to release urine while standing is harder, because the bladder has to fill more and more to be able to void out the stent. My stents range from 9 to 12 cm long, and I'm still experimenting on the benefit and issues with different sizing. There is a difference when laying down vs standing. I always have enough length in the retrieval line to account for getting hard, both in length and girth, and even more in case it wants to migrate toward the bladder while the penis pulses and throbs, but not too much that it can actually go into the bladder fully. I leave enough line slack that when I get hard, there is enough to wrap around my head once with still a little slack. I have awaken from irritation at my PA hole being pulled because the stent wants to migrate while I am hard, but that is better than having it migrate totally into my bladder.

And for those that are concerned about my safety with the balls on the tubing without any adhesives, the balls have never moved while inside my body! They can be moved by my hand with a little force, but there is no force like that in the bladder or urethra and it holds extremely well! ^_^

I'll post a pic of my stent when I take it out to clean it! :)

PXL_20230803_174840103.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks for sharing, I'm looking forward to a picture of the stent.

Can you (or anyone else with that knowledge) mark some of the features on the ultrasound? I have no idea what I'm supposed to see where in the picture 🙈

• Like 1
On 8/3/2023 at 7:58 PM, zraihusky said:

Update to my design and experience with this stent. I love this stent still, I have worn it for weeks at a time! I only take it out at times for sex sometimes or to clean the stent. Also, I found a urologist that is keeping watch on my bladder and urethra, which is amazing! They took an ultrasound image so I could see how far the stent is in my bladder (even though it is hard to really tell, I'll post the pic), and I watched as they did an Cystoscopy. The urethra was good with no redness or swelling, and there was a small red spot on my bladder wall that was probably caused by a stent. The doctor was not concerned about it.

Changes I have made: Is to not have a big curve in the tube that goes into the bladder, as cathdiap mentioned once. There is still a curve, but only about 20 degrees or so. Also, I played with the holes to help relieve pressure. My current stent has holes in the ball that is located in the bladder. 

I've simplified the process as well, and can make a new one rather quickly. It takes about 30 minutes now, but I still take my time and make sure it is as perfect as I feel comfortable. I use an electric drill with new drill bits that I use only for the stent balls. The holes needs to be widened so I can press it onto the tubing on both ends. I still use the leather hole punch for the pressure vent holes, and this is the hardest part! Using the hole punch over the ball and tubing is not easy, but it is so much better than other ideas I have had. I tried the drill for the pressure holes before, but it leaves the plastic connected to the tubing that it is not a clean cut. I also tried the Dremel, but it was slow and not as accurate. 

The reason for the balls is to create a smooth surface at the tips when the stent is going in and out of the urethra, and to protect the bladder wall from scratching. The tubing shape is easy to obtain by heating the material, mold it how I want, and then put in cold water to hold the form. At body temperature, it is soft, but holds its form.

So, most of the details from my previous post are still used. I have played with the length of the stent over and over again, and while they are different sizes, it seems they all work well. The important part of the sizing is the bend while in the urethra, just under the taint. The length has to be long enough to hold its place while at a 90 degree bend to not want to migrate into the bladder, but short enough so it is not putting pressure in the urethra toward the penis to cause irritation (there is a point in my urethra where nerves sensitive to pressure of the stent is more or none existent, for me.) I also don't want the tube going too deep into the bladder, as the function to release urine while standing is harder, because the bladder has to fill more and more to be able to void out the stent. My stents range from 9 to 12 cm long, and I'm still experimenting on the benefit and issues with different sizing. There is a difference when laying down vs standing. I always have enough length in the retrieval line to account for getting hard, both in length and girth, and even more in case it wants to migrate toward the bladder while the penis pulses and throbs, but not too much that it can actually go into the bladder fully. I leave enough line slack that when I get hard, there is enough to wrap around my head once with still a little slack. I have awaken from irritation at my PA hole being pulled because the stent wants to migrate while I am hard, but that is better than having it migrate totally into my bladder.

And for those that are concerned about my safety with the balls on the tubing without any adhesives, the balls have never moved while inside my body! They can be moved by my hand with a little force, but there is no force like that in the bladder or urethra and it holds extremely well! ^_^

I'll post a pic of my stent when I take it out to clean it! :)

PXL_20230803_174840103.jpg

Your stent is flexible or rigid? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2023 at 11:13 AM, tux22 said:

Thanks for sharing, I'm looking forward to a picture of the stent.

Can you (or anyone else with that knowledge) mark some of the features on the ultrasound? I have no idea what I'm supposed to see where in the picture 🙈

The ultrasound shows the stent and the placement of the stent in the bladder. I wanted to know if it was too far inside my bladder, as you want it to be right on the inside from the neck. So, my stent was in a little too deep. Also, keep in mind that everything changes when you lay down vs standing up. 

On 8/4/2023 at 5:16 PM, Loveable_guy said:

Great write up, how the heck did you get an urologist to participate?

Well, I just told him I am doing this and asked if he would help me do it safely. Or at least keep me healthy and that I assume the risks.

On 8/5/2023 at 1:31 PM, sandiaper said:

Your stent is flexible or rigid? 

It is pretty flexible at body temperature, more rigid when in ice water.

On 8/6/2023 at 6:06 PM, roo said:

Yes please zraihusky. We would love to see your stent.

Pictures attached! Please note the discoloration is from urine. Stents need to be cleaned regularly. This is as clean as I could get it with water, iodine, and a Q-tip (which can't reach the middle). 

Also, note that I have been on Macrobid for awhile and will be on it for as long as my doctor says to help with any UTIs (I have diabetes and get infections easily.)

PXL_20230828_175129985.jpg

PXL_20230828_175139058.jpg

PXL_20230828_175157689.jpg

• Like 4
1 hour ago, zraihusky said:

The ultrasound shows the stent and the placement of the stent in the bladder. I wanted to know if it was too far inside my bladder, as you want it to be right on the inside from the neck. So, my stent was in a little too deep. Also, keep in mind that everything changes when you lay down vs standing up. 

Well, I just told him I am doing this and asked if he would help me do it safely. Or at least keep me healthy and that I assume the risks.

It is pretty flexible at body temperature, more rigid when in ice water.

Pictures attached! Please note the discoloration is from urine. Stents need to be cleaned regularly. This is as clean as I could get it with water, iodine, and a Q-tip (which can't reach the middle). 

Also, note that I have been on Macrobid for awhile and will be on it for as long as my doctor says to help with any UTIs (I have diabetes and get infections easily.)

PXL_20230828_175129985.jpg

PXL_20230828_175139058.jpg

PXL_20230828_175157689.jpg

I do not understand something.  If the tube is flexible, why does it manage to bend and hold the curve with heat?

• Like 1
21 hours ago, sandiaper said:

I do not understand something.  If the tube is flexible, why does it manage to bend and hold the curve with heat?

Well, there are different levels of "hardness". This is rated Shore 98A, so it is rather stiff, not fluid at all. But I have found that at the points there I heat it for the curve, it is more flexible (at room temp). And when you get it to 98.7 temperature, the whole thing is a bit more flexible. It holds it's curve well enough to not want to migrate into the bladder, or be pushed out. Though, I did find a few rare times when the tube was too long that the bladder would push it out some. After I reduced the length of the tube, it holds perfect! 

When I use the heat gun, or boil the tube, it is really flexible. So much so that it can lose much of the curve when boiled. My PCP suggested that I only use warm water and hand soap when cleaning it. (She doesn't know the tube rating and it is a general health thing she says often.)

My definition of rigid is one that doesn't move at all with mild finger pressure. Flexible and rigid are definitely subjective.

I hope I answered your question. Please let me know if you have any other questions! ^_^

https://www.atp4pneumatics.com/product/pu14ac/

image.thumb.png.8182e84b8b8de28506ecfd84cdfa81ca.png

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2023 at 7:59 PM, zraihusky said:

Pictures attached! 

I like the shape, looks a lot like the shape of my stent. I am wondering if the balls on both ends make much of a difference. My stent always stays in the right position without those balls. I would be hesitant to use stents that are not made in one piece.  

large.Stent.jpg.751d707a42474abea1687259d44201b3.jpg

On 8/28/2023 at 7:59 PM, zraihusky said:

Please note the discoloration is from urine. Stents need to be cleaned regularly. This is as clean as I could get it with water, iodine, and a Q-tip (which can't reach the middle). 

You should see my current stent. :D After almost a year of intensive use it is yellow/brownish and almost black at the bottom. I just rinse it with warm water before putting it back in. Still, I've never had a urinary tract infection from doing it this way.

And it never fails giving me that much desired leaky faucet.

Sometimes I feel like putting in my stent in the bathroom and then walking to my bedroom in normal underwear to grab a diaper and put it on. I've never been able to keep my underwear dry before I was ready to put the diaper on. No matter how hard I try to hold it in, I just can't and often I even have to dry the floor because of the leakage through my underwear.

Sometimes I wonder how they will take this kind of life experience at the gates of heaven.🤔

• Like 3

I am very good at kicking in open doors so here we go.....

The pros and cons of stents to induce incontinence:

Cons 

1. It takes some courage, time and perseverance to develop your own stent with the perfect fit, optimal comfort, safety and drainage. 

Pros

1. instant continuous incontinence within seconds (dribble when standing and walking, urge when in bed or when seated)
  2. Cheap to make it yourself ( a few bucks per stent and reusable many times)
  3. Reversible if you wish (believe me, it is very likely you will appreciate it every now and then) 
  4. Enables you to determine whether or not you want it to be permanent.

In my opinion it is the best incontinence you can ever experience. Everything feels normal down there, you can still use your sphincter, but it doesn't keep you from wetting yourself and you can feel it flowing through your pee pipe just like it does when you are peeing with control.

Prove me wrong! 😎

• Like 6
On 9/10/2023 at 5:12 PM, cathdiap said:

I am very good at kicking in open doors so here we go.....

The pros and cons of stents to induce incontinence:

Cons 

1. It takes some courage, time and perseverance to develop your own stent with the perfect fit, optimal comfort, safety and drainage. 

Pros

1. instant continuous incontinence within seconds (dribble when standing and walking, urge when in bed or when seated)
  2. Cheap to make it yourself ( a few bucks per stent and reusable many times)
  3. Reversible if you wish (believe me, it is very likely you will appreciate it every now and then) 
  4. Enables you to determine whether or not you want it to be permanent.

In my opinion it is the best incontinence you can ever experience. Everything feels normal down there, you can still use your sphincter, but it doesn't keep you from wetting yourself and you can feel it flowing through your pee pipe just like it does when you are peeing with control.

Prove me wrong! 😎

Needless to say I absolutely agree.

• Like 1
On 9/10/2023 at 6:26 AM, cathdiap said:

I like the shape, looks a lot like the shape of my stent. I am wondering if the balls on both ends make much of a difference. My stent always stays in the right position without those balls. I would be hesitant to use stents that are not made in one piece.  

large.Stent.jpg.751d707a42474abea1687259d44201b3.jpg

You should see my current stent. :D After almost a year of intensive use it is yellow/brownish and almost black at the bottom. I just rinse it with warm water before putting it back in. Still, I've never had a urinary tract infection from doing it this way.

And it never fails giving me that much desired leaky faucet.

Sometimes I feel like putting in my stent in the bathroom and then walking to my bedroom in normal underwear to grab a diaper and put it on. I've never been able to keep my underwear dry before I was ready to put the diaper on. No matter how hard I try to hold it in, I just can't and often I even have to dry the floor because of the leakage through my underwear.

Sometimes I wonder how they will take this kind of life experience at the gates of heaven.🤔

The design of my stent came from your build. The one piece design. Though, I was not able to do it easily, and bending the tube inward, as you do well, was very hard for me! Do you have "vent" holes at the bladder end? I mean, just a few added holes that helps with the large one at the tip. I found it has helped with the feel for me. 

I can't wait to see my doctor to get the Cystoscopy done at the end of next month. I have been wearing my stent almost every day 24/7 for the last few months. I want to see if there are any red spots or issues! 

• Like 3
10 hours ago, zraihusky said:

Do you have "vent" holes at the bladder end? I mean, just a few added holes that helps with the large one at the tip. I found it has helped with the feel for me. 

Yes I do, just to make sure that the pee finds a way out as soon as possible. It helps me a lot with bedwetting when lying on my back. 

10 hours ago, zraihusky said:

I can't wait to see my doctor to get the Cystoscopy done at the end of next month. I have been wearing my stent almost every day 24/7 for the last few months. I want to see if there are any red spots or issues! 

Please keep us informed on the outcome of that procedure. What is the plan if he finds some damaged tissue, would you stop wearing? ;) 

This afternoon I will be giving a presentation/case study in front of my colleagues. Of course I will be incontinent in diapers the whole time.  Like I always am at the office.  😎

• Like 1