LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My experience with stents

On 9/24/2022 at 1:10 PM, cathdiap said:

Except that the bladder in the picture is not what an empty bladder would  look like. The bladder is never filled with air The walls of an empty bladder are way closer to the tip of the stent. Also my stent has two extra holes on the top of the stent closer to the bend. That's why I will leak way before the bladder reaches 2/3 of its capacity. 

Understood!  I looked online for the size of an empty human bladder I get When empty, the bladder is about the size and shape of a pear. 

From multiple sources.  I think my search results are quoting each other.  ?  But I digress...

I am still thinking this is why most people (me included) have a flooding situation when they stand up from laying down and why the bladder does not drain at night. When you are standing, the drain for the bladder in at the bottom of the the bladder, when someone is lying down the drain is positioned at the side of the bladder and urine has to fill to that point to leak out.  Cathdiap, you have made extra holes to help with the drainage.  Excellent idea!  

A situation I have with using a modified Foley is this; while lying down I can sometimes feel a slight pressure build up in my bladder.  At some point the pressure overcomes whatever restriction is holding the urine back and my bladder empties.  How much?  I don't know.  And I am guessing the restriction is the urethral wall against the opening in the modified Foley.  But that would just be a guess.  It does create an unusual sensation for me.

And another note, if someone got ahold of one of the connected catheter catheters all you would have to do is pull the electromechanical valve out and use what is left.  A stent like object with two wings to hold it in place and a retrieval string.

IntelliFlow_image.png

• Like 2
On 9/25/2022 at 4:54 PM, Fakename4me said:

A situation I have with using a modified Foley is this; while lying down I can sometimes feel a slight pressure build up in my bladder.  At some point the pressure overcomes whatever restriction is holding the urine back and my bladder empties.

Same issues here, for me an afternoon nap can be 20 minutes to a few hours depending on the weather outside. When the nap goes longer and the pressure has not reached that point where it starts to leak while laying on my back I get a massive flood when standing. While very real depending on what I am wearing (normally a Pull Up diaper) the flood will likely exceed diapers capacity in the short distance to the bath room. Oh well!

I will have to revisit the design by Cathdiap. Years back was using this dual bend design but later switched over to the 5.5" cutoff catheter design. Easier to make, easy to replace 

On 9/19/2022 at 3:33 AM, cathdiap said:

Raelindiapers on fetlife.com

Followed and friend requested. Thanks for the pictures, though I think it'd be good to have instructions on each picture in your profile, some steps don't make sense until you really study the differences in the photos. Good work though!

• 2 weeks later...

For my stent, I want a retrieval line that will not tear under any circumstances. The dental floss is not strong enough. Now I have two possible products. Would you use any of these? If so, which?

IMG_20221002_190430.jpg

18 hours ago, Andypandi said:

For my stent, I want a retrieval line that will not tear under any circumstances. The dental floss is not strong enough. Now I have two possible products. Would you use any of these? If so, which?

IMG_20221002_190430.jpg

Either should work.

Amazing how the human body and mind are able to adapt to a new state of being. I've been wearing almost 24/7 for the past four weeks and it feels so natural and comfortable to wear a stent and diaper all the time. No pain, no urges, no discomfort whatsoever. Just living life like I always do, only now in diapers and wet all the time. It's really starting to become my new normal.

The excitement and the continuous awareness of wearing a diaper have disappeared. I no longer care if other people notice I'm wearing. And when I change my diaper in a public restroom I no longer try to muffle the sound. I wear diapers, so what. Think of me what you want, I really don't care. It's not that I act like an exhibitionist, I don't draw attention to my incontinence for sexual satisfaction, nor will I try to make people feel uncomfortable. I do everything I have to do because I'm incontinent, why on earth would I hide it? People in wheelchairs or with a missing limb don't need to hide it, why would an incontinent person hide his or her diaper other than wearing it under clothes and changing it in a toilet?

While my desire for incontinence no longer seems to be a sexual fantasy, I don't think I've switched to the BID side. I just like being incontinent and know I can stop whenever I want or need to. And I think that's all fine.

• Like 6

@Old_PAI understand, being completely incontinent can be quite burdensome. It's a mistery to me why all of a sudden I can't get enough of it. Three to four days used to be the maximum time that I could enjoy it. Ah well that's the beauty of stents, if you no longer enjoy your incontinence you just pull them out.

• Like 1

Sometimes I can't stop fantasizing about inserting my stent without a retrieval line. I have tried to remove my stent not using the line and I know it would be absolutely impossible to get it out without medical help and that is something I'd be very hesitant about. Out of shame but also for the costs.

And there wouldn't be an immediate emergency to do this, because the chances that the stent slips inside the bladder have proven to be close to zero and over the past few weeks I've found that the stent can stay in for weeks without being cleaned.

So in theory it would depend entirely on my ability to deal with irreversible incontinence. Could incontinence ever become so unbearable for me that I would rather be humiliated in the medical system and foot the bill for unnecessary medical procedures? For now I don't have the guts to do it, but given that I'm slowly progressing to complete madness and isolation in this crazy world, I wouldn't be surprised if one day I decide to just do it and see what happens. ?

First I need to figure out how long I can keep my stent in without cleaning. It's been almost four weeks now and no discomfort at all so I don't think there is any crusting yet.

Correct me if I am wrong, but haven't I read that there are stents available that medical professionals can insert that can only be removed by them with a special tool?

If a person has a blockage and this is the only method to pass urine, it could be a life saver, and  if the choice becomes how to collect it at that point, I guess I would go for the diapers as opposed to a bag of sorts?

I had a medical grade stent inserted by my doctor. I had to have it removed as it migrated partially into my bladder. I am now using a modified catheter. The retrieval line is short enough that it is within my urethra, and I have to use a small (in diameter) crochet hook to pull the catheter out. My doctor is very on board with this (he is an old friend) told me that when using silicone catheters that they may remain in up to 3 months without problems. Anything longer that 3 months should be changed.

On 9/24/2022 at 3:05 AM, Old_PA said:

I frequently use a regular catheter connected to a night bag. It always works perfectly; never sleep as well. However when using a modified catheter as a stent, there are problems. I usually awake with a full bladder. More work needed on that.

Made the hole in my holey foley a bit bigger. Now it works fine all night.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2022 at 9:59 PM, cathdiap said:

@Old_PAI understand, being completely incontinent can be quite burdensome. It's a mistery to me why all of a sudden I can't get enough of it. Three to four days used to be the maximum time that I could enjoy it. Ah well that's the beauty of stents, if you no longer enjoy your incontinence you just pull them out.

It certainly is addictive.

On 10/30/2022 at 9:59 AM, Old_PA said:

It certainly is addictive.

Yeah. I really enjoy living the incontinent life like never before. My latest stent makes it all feel so real. No discomfort whatsoever, not even feeling it is there. What I do notice is that I constantly lose urine and that I have to wear diapers to get through the day and night.

Incontinence has a huge impact on daily life.  Almost everything you do out in public is connected with the question how many diapers you will need, how you can take them with you and if when and where you will be able to change. Some activities become really hard to do if not impossible. Think sauna, swimming pool, beach, long hikes in nature when you're not alone, having sex..... It really is a disability. 

And perhaps it is one of the most embarrassing of all disabilities. Hence the sheer amount of effort people put into hiding it. Diapers, plastic pants, special clothing, rompers, diaper bags, extra clothing when traveling. All these precautions just because a small muscle in your body stopped working. And I must say it's a really scary thought to know that your diaper is now your external bladder because unlike your bladder, your diaper can't tell you exactly when it's full and about to leak.

But like I said, I'm enjoying it like never before. Ordering diapers, rompers, plastic pants and whipes. Buying special sizes usually dark colored pants. Organizing my special backpack (diaper bag) for long trips, thinking ahead about where and when I can change on that trip. Adjusting my drinking to the estimated time my diaper will have to last. It keeps my mind focused on myself rather than the insane world we live in today. 

576A64AE-4145-42E6-8F49-9AB315EB04A5.gif.5d012312ed003b1abb698e3cf73e82f9.gif

• Like 5
On 11/2/2022 at 6:16 AM, cathdiap said:

Adjusting my drinking to the estimated time my diaper will have to last. It keeps my mind focused on myself rather than the insane world we live in today. 

Both comments are so true! Especially true to me is the insane world we live in today.  Wearing and using diapers helps to shield me from the craziness of the modern world.  

If not for the respect for my wife I would be using my stent a whole lot more! I'm getting older now, with every check up my doc will ask me 'any trouble evacuating by bladder'. The short answer is no but in my mind I'm thinking before I start taking any meds I will reach for my stent!

• Like 1

To keep myself in shape I have recently started taking long evening walks (3-4 miles). No problem doing it with a stent and diaper, except for the fact that my stent seems to stimulate my bowels and weaken my pelvic muscles at the same time. So in the past week I messed my diaper twice involuntarily. At the start of both walks I didn't feel the need to go number 2 at all, so they took me completely by surprise. The urge was much stronger than usual and there was absolutely nothing I could do to stop it. And as it happened, my bladder emptied to the last drop due to the movements of the intestines. Speaking of incontinence....

I already knew that I hate messing my diaper and now I know that I hate walking in messy diapers even more. Yikes.?

But I have to say, it did contribute to the feeling of being completely diaper dependend. ?

So instead of walking I had better start using my racing bike again. I did some research and found this special saddle that would reduce the pressure on that part of the urethra where my stent sits.

A55BECE0-4C44-41DD-8F37-6FAED9624FF5.jpeg.9dabad9493d319cf964e208c5a9f5cf5.jpeg

Must be fun to be racing stented and diapered in already padded tights. 

• Like 3
On 11/11/2022 at 9:03 AM, Old_PA said:

Good luck with that!   Perhaps cycling with a squishy diaper would be worse. A butt plug might help.

Walking with a butt plug is very painful! Between the two options I prefer messing which by the way happened again yesterday evening. Not a lot but enough to soil my diaper. So after three accidents in seven days I guess it's safe to say that long distance walking with my stent makes me double incontinent. 

i have cycled a lot on a regular bike while stented and diapered. No problem as long as I am wearing plastic pants and change before the wetness reaches the buttocks.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I am sure this has been addressed somewhere in the proceeding 37 pages but, for those with a penis, what about sex? Specifically getting and maintaining an erection, and ejaculation? Does the stent impede that at all?

My stent allows erections, ejaculations and sex. But the leaking will not stop, so I have to use bed pads or towels during masturbation or sex. Ejaculations are a bit sensitive and the sperm will come out slower, but I like the feeling.

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, JDCH said:

I am sure this has been addressed somewhere in the proceeding 37 pages but, for those with a penis, what about sex? Specifically getting and maintaining an erection, and ejaculation? Does the stent impede that at all?

I've not heard of sex being a viable option with a stent in place. You can likely imagine the retrieval string would make this difficult. But since sperm exits through the prostate, it has to find its way around the stent and that lubrication highly increases the chance the stent migrates into the bladder. During ejaculation, the inner sphincter clentches to prevent sperm from entering the bladder, and I've found it's an odd and somewhat uncomfortable sensation. Often the result has led to my stent temporarily plugging up and preventing urine flow for an hour or so. When using a stent, I try not to induce sexual pleasure which is often difficult because diapers do enough of that for me on default.

• Thanks 1
On 11/22/2022 at 8:51 AM, boyhood said:

You can likely imagine the retrieval string would make this difficult.

That is why I have an o-ring on the end of the retrieval line. I push this o-ring in the cavity behind the meatus so there is nothing coming out of my urethra. 

On 11/22/2022 at 8:51 AM, boyhood said:

But since sperm exits through the prostate, it has to find its way around the stent and that lubrication highly increases the chance the stent migrates into the bladder.

That has never happened to me since I started using a rather stiff one-piece inner tube with relatively tight bends.

Update on fecal incontinence during long walks. The movements of the stent clearly stimulate the bowels to empty themselves. It really feels like a fast-acting laxative. Already after about half an hour of walking I start to get a quickly increasing urge and it simply depends on the amount of stool in the intestines whether I can stop myself from pooping in my diaper. Last night was by far the worst accident and it happened while I came across a couple walking their dog. It was impossible to keep walking normally during the messing, so I wonder if they noticed anything. Anyway, I'm glad I have a bathtub, it makes cleaning up the mess a lot easier afterwards.

While writing this I realized that when I am walking I am technically total incontinent for pee and urge incontinent for poo. Wonder how many people on this flat earth have the same issue? ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 11/23/2022 at 10:58 AM, cathdiap said:

While writing this I realized that when I am walking I am technically total incontinent for pee and urge incontinent for poo. Wonder how many people on this flat earth have the same issue? ?

No can’t say I share the experience it would freak me out to be honest. I walk a lot while at work and the thought of pooping my diaper without control because my stent irritates my bowels, would worry me and freak me out. In general I am quite happy with the way my stent works and the time I can keep it in. The only thing is, I have to stay hydrated to avoid irritation which by itself isn’t a bad thing since it will make me pee a little more. And every so now and then I have to take it out to clean, something I do not like but a stent evidently requires some maintenance. I wish I could find a way to extent the intervals between the cleaning cycles.