LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Depression

Actually there is a whole section on the forums for this topic, so it is very common. But one must put things in correct perspective. There are actually two ways to classify the topic. To be depressed is a very common thing for everyone from time to time. To actually suffer from depression is a whole different ball game. One is normal the other is very serious. Many of us here actually suffer from depression, taking medication to try and balance out the chemical abnormality for what it is. The site owner and myself as well as quite a few others within this site fall into the later category. It's not a fun thing to try and deal with but as others will attest it's a daily thing and struggle to cope with. Over the past 20 something years I have actually tried to take my life 10 or more times, actually 3 of those I manged to do a pretty good job of it, and was

Its interesting the difference being stated here, being depressed and suffer from depression. Suffer from depression sounds like a constant problem that can not and will not be controlled without professional help and may be even medication, am I right here? Most humans surely go through some moments of being depressed I bet, suffering depression seems to be a whole different level. I believe I'm in the first group, not a cronical thing.

If I'd have to make a wild guess here, I'd say that mainly what

Interesting good topic here...I am actually a step deeper in that I have been diagnosed with a personality disorder (BPD) & have some underlying depression. I can't speak for those that only have depression, but as for BPD & the trauma that is usually associated with that, It does change how a person perceives/thinks about things, if this affects interests/desires such as ABDL, I don't know, but It's definitely possible.

I have OCD, and in the past few years I've realized that diapers really help to alleviate (and in some cases take away completely) my worst symptoms. They were especially helpful when I went off antidepressants last fall. In fact, since then, I've gone from being a very occasional DL to wearing almost every day--at one point I went 24/5, which is by far the longest I've been continually diapered--and while I still experience OCD symptoms they're virtually non-existent when I'm wearing. I'm not sure that's totally a good thing, but I do know it's a helluva lot better than being on Seroquel. ;)

I do believe not wearing diapers, or otherwise trying to deny/fight with the desire, can cause depression.

I do not believe wearing a diaper will make you depresses, quite the opposite in fact.

That being said, I do believe that western doctors are far too quick to prescribe a chemical solution to a psychological issue that could be solved through discussion.

That's because in the US, doctors are paid by the pharmaceutical companies to prescribe their drugs. I have seen the cost of this first hand.

For the topic, you have to look at depression as a mental illness like PTSD. I have never had depression before, but from what I have gathered from people who have had is it can have nothing to do with what other people think of you or other external forces. It seems largely internal like being sick, but beyond that I don't really get it. It does seem to correlate with mental trauma. These events that cause the trauma might affect the brain in such a significant way as to change the brain's chemistry.

A quick glance at the ABDL population would have you believe that many became interested in diapers as a way to gain something they never had growing up, innocence. As a result of such childhood trauma that is related to some ABs interests in diapers, it stand to reason that the same trauma can cause depression, or at least make you more susceptible to certain triggers.

I don't believe there is any correlation between diapers and depression in the context as you put it, "do diapers cause our depression or just maybe our special brains that make us like diapers also make us predisposed to suffer from depression". It sounds as though you are implying that ABDL is on the level as depression, as in a mental disorder. I do not agree with this at all. Whether or not it is in response to depression that a person would look for comfort and acceptance in ABDL... well that's different. That makes much more sense. I myself suffer from depression, social anxiety, and avoidant personality disorder. I personally feel that the ABDL community and the fetish community itself is the only place I have ever felt accepted, the only place I have ever felt I belonged. Maybe you're onto something or maybe it's just a tragic coincidence but I think you should be very careful about how you phrase it. Please.

I think that Clinical Depression is not any more common among us than with any other demographic ;) It may seem that way though for several reasons. One is that as internet-based groups go we're quite open with our personal feelings and problems. Another is that we focus on it more than most in an effort to help each other. And regular depression also occurs a lot with those who deny or repress themselves which gets addressed along with the clinical variety.

Were it not for my successful Therapy for depression coming before I explored (or rather was forced to deal with) my being DL, I would have probably experienced similar :( As wonderful as my Therapist is, I am not certain that even she would understand ABDL well enough to help someone deal with it.

I take pills for my depression, but I have never told anyone about my diaper fetish and I don't wear every day and diapers dosent help my mood much at all

I can be good for weeks, then *poof* I'm gone a day or two and then I'm back to "normal"

Its like walking, then suddenly I fall into a hole I must crawl out and get on my feet again...