LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

NorthShore Supreme And Air Supreme Diapers

I actually came here to ask if anyone had any issues with the stiffness of the Supremes. I recently received a pack (the purple Supremes) and was also a bit put off by the denseness of the padding even with some fluffing, but I'll try the tricks and tips mentioned. I had no other complaints besides that, and I've had zero complaints with the Supreme Lites and MegaMax. I'll likely be ordering from NorthShore again in the future.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2020 at 3:46 AM, PinkGecko said:

I actually came here to ask if anyone had any issues with the stiffness of the Supremes. I recently received a pack (the purple Supremes) and was also a bit put off by the denseness of the padding even with some fluffing, but I'll try the tricks and tips mentioned. I had no other complaints besides that, and I've had zero complaints with the Supreme Lites and MegaMax. I'll likely be ordering from NorthShore again in the future.

Yes the packaging of these diapers are a major downfall. If you don’t fluff them up you may as well cut out 2 holes in a box for your legs from your next Amazon order. But if you fluff them up & leave them open they work very well. It would also be nice if a case consisted of 4 packs and not 3. You cannot get a months supply with only 3 packs or at least I can’t.  

The stiffness of the NorthShore Supremes is a real downer for an otherwise good diaper. I don't want to put on what feels like a piece of cardboard.  It is sure to have cost NorthShore some customers.

21 minutes ago, John Davis said:

The stiffness of the NorthShore Supremes is a real downer for an otherwise good diaper. I don't want to put on what feels like a piece of cardboard.  It is sure to have cost NorthShore some customers.

Understood. A good reason to try the MegaMax which is much softer, or even try the Supreme Lites which are must softer without sacrificing too much absorbency.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, NorthShoreAdam said:

Understood. A good reason to try the MegaMax which is much softer, or even try the Supreme Lites which are must softer without sacrificing too much absorbency.

@NorthShoreAdam

The Megamaxes are the BEST diapers:  You guys are AWESOME :)

(btw:  @John Davis are your Fluffing these things out?  If NOT, they CAN feel like stiff cardboard ~Brian)

Brian

• Like 1

Is there a reason as to what causes this stiffness? Compression during shipping or something? I have no problems with the Supreme Lites or MegaMax, but I have to admit that I'd be a bit hesitant about ordering the Supremes again if it's a common issue.

9 hours ago, PinkGecko said:

Is there a reason as to what causes this stiffness? Compression during shipping or something? I have no problems with the Supreme Lites or MegaMax, but I have to admit that I'd be a bit hesitant about ordering the Supremes again if it's a common issue.

It happens as they make the diapers. There is so much fluff in this design that it passes through rollers to compress down to the exact shape needed to stay nicely inside the diaper and keep it's thin style design . Since we're not cutting wood or steel and dealing with soft fibers, there is a certain amount of variation in how the diaper compresses and the rollers are always being adjusted to compensate for vibrations and changes in temperature and humidity. It's a moving target. We're constantly working with the factory to improve and optimize this process.

• Like 1

I love these diapers. I literally just changed out of a mega max before posting. I tried the blue Supremes I got as a sample and I fell in love with them too. I just wanted to spread some love for them. Even though I got blue instead of purple ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NorthShoreAdam said:

It happens as they make the diapers. There is so much fluff in this design that it passes through rollers to compress down to the exact shape needed to stay nicely inside the diaper and keep it's thin style design . Since we're not cutting wood or steel and dealing with soft fibers, there is a certain amount of variation in how the diaper compresses and the rollers are always being adjusted to compensate for vibrations and changes in temperature and humidity. It's a moving target. We're constantly working with the factory to improve and optimize this process.

Adam don’t take away the stiffness. It’s what makes it a great diaper. When you follow instructions. When they first came out. I miss those. Felt like they worked great since they were so stiff.

6 hours ago, diaperuser said:

Adam don’t take away the stiffness. It’s what makes it a great diaper. When you follow instructions. When they first came out. I miss those. Felt like they worked great since they were so stiff.

Thanks for the feedback. It's a tricky balance with that design. We're not changing teh specs at all this year so any variation you see is just random manufacturing variation. We'll keep evaluating and testing though for sure.

• Like 1

North Shore Supreme is my favorite diaper!! I have the white and the blue. They have never never leaked though totally soaked as was last night! Sooo comfy and last me all day! 

• Like 2

While the Northshore Supreme diapers are stiff, I still like them over the MegaMax, which for me is too much diaper.  The Supremes can get me through a night without leaking.

• Like 1

The NS Supremes are my favorite daytime diaper (discrete, no leaks, wicking=usable capacity).  The MegaMaxes are one of my preferred nighttime diapers.  If the MegaMax design is back to what it used to be they will be my go-to nighttime diaper again.  Ordering a case of MM's very soon.  Working through a bag of earlier MMs and a bag of Dry 24/7s.  Thanks Adam for your attention and updates.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Got a case of supreme briefs where the plastic backing is so thin the absorbent crystals are pushing THRU it creating pinholes. Whole case is like this with the exception of about 11 briefs. Iv been wearing supreme LITE briefs for years, zero issues. What interesting is the plastic backing is definitely thinner on the supreme briefs than the supreme LITE which makes no sense to me unless they are transitioning to thinner plastic backing. Are all the briefs gonna go to this thinner plastic backing? Customer service is sending me one package to "try" I guess before they replace the whole case, which I don't understand. Do they not believe me? Lol. I offered pictures of the cases which they declined so I will put them on here. Maybe Adam can relay them to the manufacturer if it helps them. I have wore supreme briefs off and on in the past but before they offered colors, so I have a little experience with them. Attached is photos of the briefs right out of the package.IMG_20200711_061113.thumb.jpg.6cee0f35abb143f51606717f48013c13.jpgIMG_20200711_061113.thumb.jpg.6cee0f35abb143f51606717f48013c13.jpgIMG_20200711_061230.thumb.jpg.d32d3e0504e341d1280e181f4800619e.jpg

2 hours ago, Roakwolf said:

Got a case of supreme briefs where the plastic backing is so thin the absorbent crystals are pushing THRU it creating pinholes. Whole case is like this with the exception of about 11 briefs. Iv been wearing supreme LITE briefs for years, zero issues. What interesting is the plastic backing is definitely thinner on the supreme briefs than the supreme LITE which makes no sense to me unless they are transitioning to thinner plastic backing. Are all the briefs gonna go to this thinner plastic backing? Customer service is sending me one package to "try" I guess before they replace the whole case, which I don't understand. Do they not believe me? Lol. I offered pictures of the cases which they declined so I will put them on here. Maybe Adam can relay them to the manufacturer if it helps them. I have wore supreme briefs off and on in the past but before they offered colors, so I have a little experience with them. Attached is photos of the briefs right out of the package.IMG_20200711_061113.thumb.jpg.6cee0f35abb143f51606717f48013c13.jpgIMG_20200711_061113.thumb.jpg.6cee0f35abb143f51606717f48013c13.jpgIMG_20200711_061230.thumb.jpg.d32d3e0504e341d1280e181f4800619e.jpg

Thanks for your message. We ar aware of the issues with the recent batches of Medium Supreme briefs. The plastic hasn't changed, the problem is over compression during the production run which pressed the polymers against the plastic much more than normal and made the absorbent core too stiff. These still pass all absorbency tests but can be rough or stiff and have potential for pinhole randomly.

This only happened on size medium Supreme. All other sizes are tested good and Supreme Lite is also same as always. For Supreme Medium, colors Blue and Green are much better than purple and white, but still not as good as they should be.

We will have new batch of White available in late August which is already tested as much much better. Factory is adding new tests to catch this earlier since all their current tests did not catch the overcompression. For the colors, we will not have replacements for many months so they will have to suffice for now. So there are a variety of options such as switch to green or blue, Supreme Lite or MegaMax and we will support our customers through this process.

Please let me know if I can assist in any way. I do apologize for this bump in the road.

On 7/12/2020 at 10:40 AM, NorthShoreAdam said:

Thanks for your message. We ar aware of the issues with the recent batches of Medium Supreme briefs. The plastic hasn't changed, the problem is over compression during the production run which pressed the polymers against the plastic much more than normal and made the absorbent core too stiff. These still pass all absorbency tests but can be rough or stiff and have potential for pinhole randomly.

This only happened on size medium Supreme. All other sizes are tested good and Supreme Lite is also same as always. For Supreme Medium, colors Blue and Green are much better than purple and white, but still not as good as they should be.

We will have new batch of White available in late August which is already tested as much much better. Factory is adding new tests to catch this earlier since all their current tests did not catch the overcompression. For the colors, we will not have replacements for many months so they will have to suffice for now. So there are a variety of options such as switch to green or blue, Supreme Lite or MegaMax and we will support our customers through this process.

Please let me know if I can assist in any way. I do apologize for this bump in the road.

Ok, thanks for the help

I got my replacement pack last week and have been busy so I opened it up. Hopefully This will help others with the same issue as me. What iv been doing To find and possibly check the  briefs for pin holes  open the package halfway like shown in the picture and run your hand up and down each brief. You will feel bumps which is normal but you may feel a "Sharp bump", and that MAY be a pin hole or where the absorbent crystals have poked thru, if ya look real close you can tell. The pack pictured is the replacement pack that was sent, and I can say at least 3 of these most likely will have pinholes. Iv notice the issue seems to happen where they are folded , but I'd recommend checking the whole brief and hopefully you can avoid a leak. Personally I would have zero issue just wearing a cover over these but it's 93 degrees here in Montana and I work outside so it's not an option for me personally but anywhere else iv used my cover and have been fine. And I've had way to many bad experiences with cloth backed briefs to even consider those.

Screenshot_2020-07-22-20-45-01.jpg

• 3 months later...
On 11/19/2020 at 1:43 AM, ValentinesStuff said:

LoveShore is a Chinese made knock-off of NorthShore. They are using our packaging design without permission. The diapers inside are not at all the same diapers as NorthShore Supreme series, which are made in Europe, not China.

5 hours ago, NorthShoreAdam said:

LoveShore is a Chinese made knock-off of NorthShore. They are using our packaging design without permission. The diapers inside are not at all the same diapers as NorthShore Supreme series, which are made in Europe, not China.

Gee, a Chinese company using someone's IP without permission, who would have thought.

I didn't plan on buying them.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

New Year's Eve I wore a NS Lite blue, medium diaper with a NS Booster Pad for 12 hours without a leak. I left for work at 6:00 am, wet multiple times during the day and changed at 6:00 pm. Great diaper, and pleasantly surprised how much extra absorbency the Booster Pad added.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...