LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What sucks about being a heavy wetter

Wear cloth and you can make them as thick as you want.

The least amount of time I get If I am fully diapered (usually) is 6 hours, the avarage is 10 and as long as 12. If I use a single, heavier of the two, diaper, it is usually 6. It should also be noted that my diapers are made after a kind that was designed for 6+ y/o bedwetting little girl, and not a baby and were homemade from baby diapers

How heavily you wet is a function of many things, including habits. For many DL's, going back to the mid 1980's in DPF, the idea was how many diapers you could go through. Some even took the diuretic drug Lassix to act as a "urinary laxative"

How to make your diapers last longer is not wait until your bladder is full to go. Just go small amounts and not let your bladder get full but then that will just train your bladder to shrink and then pretty soon, you feel you have to go more often only to find you didn't have to go that much. For my experience it has been impossible to re train it to hold a lot again before I feel I have to go and I have had a few points in my life where I felt I was going to wet myself because I had to go again so soon. It would feel like having an overactive bladder. But the choice is yours.

Being a 'flooder' myself, it takes a bit to get past that and into the mode that spokane girl mentioned, going in smaller amounts and more frequently. This takes a bit of training and time, and is dependant on how often you wear.

Another factor is habit, and what you drink. Sodas aren't that great for you to begin with :P and are a diuretic, which will cause you to pee, and if you don't drink something else, like water, you will end up dehydrated, which isn't a fun condition to put yourself in.

As for getting your diaper to last longer, a booster is a good idea :thumbsup: (I used bambino quattros which hold a TON) in both disposables and cloth diapers and they work great. Also, drink other things like juice or water (I know I know) :P and things that are better for you, and pay attention to any signals you get from "down below" that you 'might' need to go..then let it happen.

On a road trip I went on in February last year, we car pooled up to San Jose, and I wore Abena M-4's on the way up and back, and they worked fine. The last one on the way back I wore for like 8-10 hours and was rock solid flooded and swollen and totally full :blush: because I had peed in small amounts all day. I had coffee and juice and some water with breakfast, and peed my way all the way home. By the time I got home though, that diaper was D*O*N*E. I was expecting a bad leak, it didn't, just kept taking what I put out *shrug* Needless to say I was astonished :o

So,you might need to modify some of your actives and pay more attention to when you need to pee and relax.

I have used Bellimimos as well and had one last all day long....until I loaded it :blush: and that was pretty much it for that one :whistling:

So I don't think it's a diaper capacity issue, but just a behavior modification thing. The 'extended wear' diapers shold last quite a while longer or more, and getting 6-8 hours usage shouldn't be a problem.

There is of coarse the dry 24/7 you can try and fill :P if you really want a challenge ;) and Bellisimos or other "high capacity' diapers don't work....give that a shot and let us know what happens ;)

Diapers should last just as long regardless of whether you are a heavy or light wetter. Heavy wetters wait until their bladder is full to wet and cause a flood. Where as light wetters will have frequent smaller wettings. They will both release the same amount of liquid just in different ways. The reason heavy wettters may have to change sooner than light wetters is because most diapers can more effectively store liquid if it is added slowly over time. If you flood it and stress the diaper it probably won't handle it as well, not to mention it could leak from the flood. So even though 4 floods might be the same amount as 40 light wettings each of those floods has a much higher chance to leak, thus prompting a change earlier and not getting full use of the diaper. I guess that was just a long way of saying diapers can seem to work better if you are a light wetter.

I too has set my body/mind to pee often in diapers, but hold it for hours with no diaper

Not managed to do that in my sleep... yet..

I got no problems holding the pee in the diaper, but it feel kina like a full bladder when not wearing

I second stop drinking sodas. They are absolutely horrible for your heath, and will make you pee more which will also dehydrate you more too. Then of course there is the caffeine dependency/withdrawal, and the artificial sweeteners which

You sbhould stop paying attention to the media. It is like anything else. If you OVERDO it it is horrlible. But in an of itself, no it is not. That whole mess is just the rantings of persons who are prohibitionists at heart

Here is another widely accepted lie

• Like 1

The amusing thing about this is that diet pop is way worse for you than regular. Yes, regular contain sugar. Diet contains artificial sweeteners which are way more hazardous.

Agreed, but trying to eliminate both caffeine and sweeteners at the same time will more likely lead to failure. Most regular soda drinkers will also say diet sodas taste awful, so switching to it anyways would incentiivse quitting it even faster.

The amusing thing about this is that diet pop is way worse for you than regular. Yes, regular contain sugar. Diet contains artificial sweeteners which are way more hazardous.

Actually most "regular" pops/sodas contain sweeteners, pepsi and coke both contain high fructose corn syrup. The average 20-ounce soda contains the equivalent or 15 teaspoons of sugar, all of it high fructose corn syrup. And when you eat sugar in those doses, it becomes a toxin.

As part of the chemical process used to make high fructose corn syrup, the glucose and fructose -- which are naturally bound together -- become separated. This allows the fructose to mainline directly into your liver, which turns on a factory of fat production in your liver called lipogenesis.

• Like 1

It all depends on the type of sweetner and the person drinking the soda. I looked at Mountian Dew the other day and one 12 oz can had 72 grams of sugar! Now, lots of diet soda's have Aspartame as the artificial sweetner and that is not good for people. On the other hand, some diet soda's like Pepsi One and Diet Rite use Splenda for their sweetners, which is made from real sugar but approved for diabetics. Not saying soda is good or bad for people, I'm just saying that there are some artificial sweetners that are bad and some that are OK.

http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/early/2013/04/30/dc12-2221.abstract

Splenda was approved with flawed studies. They only tested what happens when people eat solely Splenda which isn't really realistic unless you just eat the bags of it. A more recent study, which the company that makes Splenda responded to by dodging the question and quoting the same old flawed studies, shows evidence that Splenda and normal sugar ingested together is worse, in terms of blood sugar, insulin production, and decreased insulin usage by cells, than sugar alone.

Basically, for those who don't know what that means, Splenda shows signs, nothing conclusive yet, but it's there, of being able to actually cause T2 diabetes, if eaten with something containing sugar, which is pretty much everything. More studies will be done, but those results are concerning.

Given the choice between aspartame and sucralose, I'd choose sucralose, but I'd rather not choose at all.

I have worn diapers at night for most of my life. You can inhibit your liquid intake. Before changing any normal habits, check with your doctor. The first question I would ask you is are you a diabetic? If you haven't seen a doctor for a while and you are wetting frequently, you may be headed down a dangerous slope. Diabetes is nothing to play with.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To each their own. The last time I drank a soda (sprite), I ended up with a horrible sugar rush that I actually felt dizzy, then came the crash afterwards. It had so much sugar in it I thought I was going to become diabetic. And to think I use to drink a few cans of that stuff every day. Wow, was I stupid back then.

I used to practically live on Pepsi- at least 4 liters a day :whistling: I was much younger then so it didn't seem to affect me but I do wonder if it didn't have an effect on what I'm like now :huh: Regardless, water is the best thing to drink, that is what the body works best with :thumbsup: I can't always tell if my bladder is releasing a dribble or a flood until it happens so I have to monitor my diaper's capacity in case the next time is a flood without room for it :o Better safe than sloppy! :lol:

Pancreatic Cancer Causes

Aside from advanced age, smoking is the main risk factor for pancreatic cancer; a smoker is three to four times more likely than a nonsmoker to acquire the disease. People frequently exposed to certain petroleum products may also be at increased risk. Excessive alcohol, dietary fat, and protein, as well as low fiber intake, may also promote the disease. Diabetes is also linked to pancreatic cancer, with 10% to 20% of patients diagnosed with pancreatic cancer also having diabetes.

medicinenet.com....a verified and reliable source