LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Net Neutrality Bill

neutrality died the moment netflix decided to start paying the ransom to have full-speed access. Now that there's actual money on the table there's no stopping it.

From Reddit: "Jessica Rosenworcel who voted "Yes": "I believe the process that got us to rulemaking today was flawed," she said. "I would have preferred a delay."

THEN WHY THE FUCK DID YOU VOTE "YES"??"

• Like 2

The FCC is little different than most of the other Federal agencies- it's directorship are political appointmentees which rarely nets people with a giood understanding of the job at hand. Who they usually see in their jobs are lobbyists from interests that want things to be made easy for them, and these folks can put up some convincing arguments for their positions <_<

This is certainly not the end of this - indeed the players are only just starting to get on the field. Companies like Google, NetFlix, Level3 and so on will be putting money into lobbying efforts to counter the proposed rules soon enough (i.e. more than they have already) - they've just been out manoeuvred by the incumbent telcos and cable providers who have been playing this game for far, far longer than the internet based firms. Hell, I won't be surprised if we start seeing talk of anti-trust cases and monopolistic abuse later down the line.

People are dropping cable because there is zero quality TV being made. the 4-5 shows that are really good people can watch online. If the quality of tv went up maybe someone would begin to pay for it again. Companies think TV is just a flashy box you will watch anything on, so they put on anything.

I've already made the switch to netflix and hulu plus. I love it way more than my dish network. Called them up to cancel after 8 years of service and they reduced my bill to $12/mo for 1 year. Not bad for keeping it but i really had to consider it even then since all I'll watch on it is the walking dead.

Guest diaperboykcmo

Obama's already agree to give up the internet to a international group.. Hopefully the politicians will step up.. Can't even imagine countries that hate us in charge of the internet, kinda like the UN..

No single person owns or controls the internet, so before creating an opinion on it one should become educated about it- otherwise you will seem like a fool :o It is interestingf how it works, quite unlike what most seem to think, and no one country can control it the way it's done. The US involvement was like having a seat on an advisory board; one vote among many. In other words while it sounded good, but it didn't mean much. And Obama had nothing to do with it- he wasn't involved any more than just being the elected President of the country at the time. :whistling:

Great thing about the internet... a global network built by thinkers, scientists, engineers, entrepreneurs, who believe in the advantages of a worldwide community able to express thoughts and ideas. It can't be regulated or controlled. Every time one pirate site is shut down two more open. The people will have what they want and world governments are virtually powerless to stop it. They can try, but for every new rule they create some computer genius will find a trick or loophole to circumvent it.