LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Woman wants to pay for surgery to make her paralized

I know this woman. Not in real life, but I've talked to her for a long time online & consider her a good friend. She is a good woman, and there are misleading things in that article...One is that she's 100% able bodied. She is not. She has fibromyalgia (not sure if I spelled it right) which causes her severe pain.

I don't think it's right to get your leg cut off and then rely on assistance because you are disabled by choice. I think that is where it makes people angry someone would want to cut their leg off. I know they aren't doing it to be lazy just so they can get assistance and not work or get "special treatment." Just imagine how lot of people would feel, including incontinent people, if all insurance did cover diapers for incontinence and people were choosing to be incontinent and wanting to pay a doctor to make them so, I am sure this will also make lot of continent folks and incontinent folks angry because why should they have to pay for their diapers if they are incontinent by choice? The money does come from our taxes.

I don't think it's right to get your leg cut off and then rely on assistance because you are disabled by choice. I think that is where it makes people angry someone would want to cut their leg off. I know they aren't doing it to be lazy just so they can get assistance and not work or get "special treatment." Just imagine how lot of people would feel, including incontinent people, if all insurance did cover diapers for incontinence and people were choosing to be incontinent and wanting to pay a doctor to make them so, I am sure this will also make lot of continent folks and incontinent folks angry because they should they have to pay for their diapers if they are incontinent by choice? The money does come from our taxes.

Fybromyalgia (sp) as I researched it, is defined as 'having pain in 3 of the 4 quadrants of the body. If it;s just her legs, thats not quite it.

According to the article, she she has BIID (Body Integrity Identity Disorder) and only wants to be disabled because of what happened to her Aunt. She needs mental therapy....sorry.

She may work, have a job etc, but having this done would limit her ability to do so even more, as it takes away her choices,in an 'able bodied" world. If she couldn't work anymore, she would have to depend on family or public assistance or others sources to cover her daily needs and expenses and there by become a burden to either family or society as a whole because of her personal choice of surgery....and thats wrong.

Western medicine and Doctors take an oath to "Do no harm" with their skills, but many doctors or medical people have been known to do so anyways, no matter what, because of other driving forces (greed,anger, resentment, ego etc) so here in the states, she can't have the surgery because it goes against the Oath that Physicians and medical personal take to "do no harm" which includes allowing people to harm themselves...no matter for what reason.

She can have the surgery over seas, but the guy is asking $25,000 to cut a couple of nerves?? The price says something right there, that the "Doctor" isn't really interested, and asking a high price hoping it would be out of her range and there by stopping her from hurting herself :P

Any Medical professional who would take on this case would more then likely loose his /her license if this ever became public.

So the harm being done by having this done affects many people. The 'patient' being allowed to harm themselves, the Doctor becoming unemployed and their destroyed career, family and possibly society for now having to possibly support her because of her self destructive / damaging desires..

She needs psychological help, as her 'desires' are involving other people, and not just her alone...

Moogs you might suggest that she seek out such help if she is your friend. Sorry for the downer post, but this is not something that should be allowed as it is allowing someone to do self harm, and has a detrimental effect on others, much like suicide, which is also frowned upon and essentially illegal.

^ this adds an interesting twist...

Hi canuckistan.who :)

Sorry if you took my post the wrong way :blush: I was in a hurry as I had something to go do, but I wanted to post 'something' anyways...and the article really bothered me. Tis situation is the same as another forum we have here for "incontinent desires" which I don't go into as I just can't understand 'why' anyone would want to wish that. Being a D/L I have tried going 24/7 etc and it's just really a hassle, so I have tried...been there done that, and I just don't get it, and don't understand people doing or wanting self harm.

I also know first hand that many disabled people (paraplegics and quadriplegics) can and are fully self sustaining and able to care for themselves given their situation. A couple of examples;

just around the corner from where I work, there is an "Assisted living facility" that houses several disabled people, a couple of whom have become my friends :) These are people with sever MS or CP or other disability and all are in electric chairs. I see them most every day zipping around, shopping or running errands and just living their lives. A couple of them can barely communicate, or control their physical body, but they are still out and about 'doing their thing' it's quite amazing :)

One is a young lady who wound up with a debilitating blood disorder or disease, and she is hilarious to talk to :) but she also talks very quietly, so you have to listen close, but she always makes me laugh....shes a doll. :)

Another is a lady who was in my High school class. as a young child she was into gymnastics and had an unfortunate fall that broke her neck and left her as a quadriplegic in a chair as well. I remember seeing her zipping around campus from class to class and having lunch with others out on the lawn etc. She graduated with the rest of us and has gone on to do many things.

She opened her own business with her family's help, a little coffee and fudge snack shop, that lasted for a while. The sold it after a bit to someone else I guess because she wanted to do other things.

I just saw her a week or so ago at another class mates services, and I was amazed that she is still around, as not many quads life a very long life (Christopher Reeves etc>) but shes' still around, and she now paints and does a lot of things on the computer and I guess she sells them or does consignment work...so she is truly an inspiration. As far as I know she stays with her family, and has 24/7 care as needed (her family is wealthy which helps) so she really can't be truly "on her own' but I am sure she understands this as well. I know this because of an article I read about her written many years ago.

The while thing that I guess I didn't get across with my post wasn't the person being disabled and unable to take care of themselves etc, but the attitude that I got from the article. that of a fully functional grown up wanting to damage themselves to become disabled. To them It seems to be some sort of 'status' or 'advantage'....I don't know. All I see when I read that was someone who wanted to be disabled like another family member in order to get (more) attention, pity, sympathy..what ever. The next question is where will this kind of behavior stop?

what if they aren't getting enough of what they want/c crave?? I can just hear it now..."Oh I can't do that...could you do it for me" when it comes to something simple etc. This makes my skin crawl! I know there are reasonable limitations....someone in a chair can't reach high up to a shelf to get something or bend low to reach something under a table etc. But simple things they just don't want to do yet have someone else do it etc...I have seen it happen a couple of times....in fact my dad was just such a person. If he could get someone else to do XYZ instead of him...so be it. If you asked him why...."oh, I don't have this or I can't because of ...." and so on...he was fully physically able bodied as well, just fricking lazy and manipulative. It made me sick.

Maybe thats what jades some of my thinking, but all I see when I read the article and now the post above from dragon, reinforces my thinking that there is more to this that just BIID, but a manipulative and potentially hurtful person just seeking attention at most any cost. That tells me this is a case of where this person would simply abuse the situation for personal gain or what ever and try to get as much mileage out of it as possible. No reasonable person would even think of having this done, so again, as I said, I don't go into the incontinent desires threads for much the same reason... it doesn't make sense. But I see more to this, and all i see is trouble and someone who would do a lot of damage to the public image of disabled people in general.

I generally respect disabled people because I can imagine it's not easy dealing with day to day life...I understand that. But there are individuals within that community who play the sympathy and pity card to the hilt, and if you don't play along, then you are discriminating against them! I have seen this happen as well....it's sad, and disturbing.

All I can say otherwise is that this person gets help, in what ever form and capacity that they need. Having and being 'fully functional' and wanting to throw that away in order to be disabled...is just wrong and an affront to those who are truly disabled not of their own choosing via accident or disorder or disease...this just really REALLY bugs me, as if you can't tell.

My apologies if I offended you or anyone who is disabled.I know we have many here who are and I have no issue what ever with any of them. It's the self destructive ones who want to be like you because they view it as some kind of benefit that pisses me off...and it should piss of a lot of others as well.

This is the same thing as some fully functional AB/DL talking to an incontinent person and telling them how lucky they think they are because they get to wear diapers legitimately...if that was me I would probably end up knocking said persons teeth out, and then tell them..."There, you're part way there!!! HAPPY????" :badmood:

This kind of story should boil the blood of any and every handicapped and disabled person who reads it.

Again, no offense intended :)

Have a great day!

qwack

The price says something right there, that the "Doctor" isn't really interested, and asking a high price hoping it would be out of her range and there by stopping her from hurting herself :P

Any Medical professional who would take on this case would more then likely loose his /her license if this ever became public.

since this turned into a whole thing about people intentionally hurting themselves so they could jsut get assistance i just wanted to toss something out there........