LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hospital Staff Are Complacent When A Patient Is In Nappies

I ended up in A&E (ER) at 4am this morning and was there for about 8 hours and almost the whole time I was on a bed in a cubicle in just a nappy, by cubicle I mean a bed space with curtains round it with other bed spaces around it.

Nurses are the worst culprit for this. When a paitent is diapered (be it an adult or a baby) medical staff don't think that the paitent requires privacy. This is due to their training where a parent would often change their babies diaper in public while watching an older sibling etc. The baby, being too young to know any better and/or feel shame. This 'emotional event' is picked up by medical staff. Extend this to an injured baby, and the baby does not care who or what is exposed, all it wants is to feel better / normal, and seeks the comfort and help of its parent. As a result, medical staff, due to repeating the same process many times, often do not take notice of a diapered paitent being exposed. When it comes to an adult being diapered, the same lack of attention to the adults privacy is normally employed. The reason is that the medical staff forget that some adults, unlike a baby / some elderly adults, IS capable of complaining.

i have had this happen to me once but that was an emergency thay need to get me through the hall fast and did could not wait of corse thay did apologize to me for doing it and about half way down the hall way a nurse ran up with a blanket to cover me up while i was still moving

I am appalled at the stories here. I thought nurses would be more professional. I thought they knew about incontinence and have seen lot of people in diapers.

Never had my diaper exposed like you but did have to have a lumbar puncture last year. When I asked the doctor what to do if I should need changing he said that the nurse would do it. A couple hours later I needed changing and the same nurse that was in the room when the procedure was being done told me I should do it myself as opposed to her doing it.

She said that's not something they typically do. Anyway I ended up having to change myself.

So mad that day as well as sore.

I was in the ER recently with dizzy spells. Turned out to be dehydration and vertigo. Any ways I needed a new diaper after being given fluids intravenous. And the nurse was very professional about it. She asked if i needed help or could do it myself. And I said i can. So she closed the curtain

Never had my diaper exposed like you but did have to have a lumbar puncture last year. When I asked the doctor what to do if I should need changing he said that the nurse would do it. A couple hours later I needed changing and the same nurse that was in the room when the procedure was being done told me I should do it myself as opposed to her doing it.

She said that's not something they typically do. Anyway I ended up having to change myself.

So mad that day as well as sore.

• Like 1

One I work Actively in the medical field so I would contact the house supervisor and tell them what happened they should correct the issue next time you do go to that ER if that happens I would ask for the house supervisor tell her whats going on and they should take care of it

Why couldn't you do it yourself?

after a lumbar puncture your suppose to lay as still as possible for 1-2hrs until the pressure in the CSF has regulated otherwise it can leave you feeling quite unwell.

Why couldn't you do it yourself?

Because after a lumbar puncture you have to lay flat an not move around. I asked the doctor if I should change myself and he said that they had nurses that would do it. Moving around like that immediately after a lumbar puncture can cause you to get a headache he likes of which you have never had. So I took that as meaning don't move around for the next couple of hours and let us take care of you. So much for that.

On a lighter side the same nurse that wouldn't help change ended up pushing me out to my car in a wheel chair and she got lost. Haha. I told her to take a left and she went right.

I was in a car accident in January 2013, I wasn't seriously hurt but I did take a trip to the ER for bumps and bruises. When the nurse was taking my information I told her immediately that I was wearing a diaper and had bladder issues. She was very pleasant about it, they took (what seemed to be) extra precautions to protect my privacy. I went for a cat scan and

Kieff

While I agree that a simple complaint is unlikely to make the hospital resolve the problem here, it is also a necessary first step. Hauling the hospital into court will cause an immediate digging in of heels, which will prevent the hospital from voluntarily disclosing anything to you...whereas if you politely complain and the hospital's response is unsatisfactory or revealing (think of all the things the hospital might reveal by accident), then you have a much stronger case...and even the possibility of having people at the hospital rooting for you to help get rid of nurse careless.

Your case is much weaker if your first documented move involves any sort of legal notice.

Oh, dear Kieff

We have a name for what you do: it is called due diligence and gradual, assertive escalation, or in simpler words, mature follow-through. There is nothing more frustrating to those good people who are in fact trying to so their jobs to have something blow up beyond all reason! Also, at least in the US, going to a lawyer or barrister or court involves lots of expense that the wise avoid if at all possible.

So, what I am saying is yes, there is probably sufficient tort to get into court...but all involved are better off if a resolution without all that hassle and expense is given a chance to work.