LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

When Did You Start Bedwetting And What Did Your Parents Do About It?

rusty pins

• 3 weeks later...

I was a periodic bedwetter until about the age of 12, then right about then is when I was wetting every night and heavily. Prior to that I was wearing Goodnites, but then I went to depends diapers about 14 yrs old. Then once those started failing I was brave enough and wise enough to start buying my diapers online. Initially it was Molicares and they weren't a good fit, then I found Abenas, and have been using them ever since. My patents didn't find out until about 18, when my mom stumbled upon my diapers in my room. To back track I was really good at buying and hiding my own diapers since I had a Pharmacy and a Post Office close by. I was so scared that my family would reject me for my bedwetting that I did most of my laundry, and bought my diapers with my allowance(mom would always ask how I spent my allowance so quickly). When I started ordering online I used prepaid cards and a PO box. Worked out great! There were several times where I almost got caught. But found out when my mom found my diapers, that It would've been ok if I was caught. Now back on track. When my mom did find my diapers (I still had Goodnites too which is what she found) she was upset. I just say there like a rock. I'm sure she was thinking I had a kid since an 18 year old had something that looked like pull ups in his bedroom. So I told my mom in one long runon sentence my story. She was cool with it! Talk about a sigh of relief. I was just over reacting. She said if I would have told her much sooner that she would have helped me. She would bought all my diapers so I didn't have to spend my allowance. She was really understanding as a mom should be. I still have accidents to this day but not as bad anymore. It started becoming less frequent when I turned about 24. I'll add more to this when I get a chance. Oh also I went to the doctors about it initially, but I'll add that later. What a story.... Ask anything ill let ya all know.

• 2 months later...

1. How old were you when you started bedwetting?

I wet at night as far back as I can remember. There was a time when I was around three years old that I think I did have nighttime control but wore diapers anyway because the trailer we lived in did not have a bathroom. My memories of that period are somewhat fuzzy. I was hospitalized around then and remember being unhappy that they didn't diaper me because of where the surgery was performed. I don't remember wetting the bed while I was in the hospital. Afterward, I resumed wearing diapers at night and was a chronic bed wetter until I was approximately ten years old.

2. Do you know if it was hereditary?

To my knowledge, I was the only one in my family with the problem.

3. If you bedwet as a kid, how did your parents deal with it?

Being diapered at night was never a compulsory thing. It was simply a practical solution to a problem. I think I was diapering myself at night by the time I was six years old. I may have been doing it earlier, but don't remember.

4. How old were you when you remember stopping wetting the bed?

I was ten years old when I finally stopped needing diapers at night. I'm sure there must have been a few accidents, but don't really remember any specific incidents. I was never put back in diapers because of bedwetting. I did, however, continue to need diapers during the day for any trips lasting more than about an hour away from home because of my very small bladder capacity until I was about 14 years old.

5. Who else knew that you wet the bed or had to wear diapers or Goodnites to bed?

My family, sister, aunts, uncles, grandparents all knew because when we visited them, I would often dress for bed and sleep there until my parents were ready to load me and my sister in the car and head home. It was never a big deal with any of them. While we lived in the trailer park, my friends all knew, too. However, they all wore diapers, too. All of us wore diapers both at night and during the day well beyond the normal toilet training age.

6. How did you yourself feel physically and emotionally about your bedwetting?

Basically, as a kid, I never gave wearing diapers a second thought. Where I grew up, all the kids my age wore diapers. At that time, diapers were just normal underwear. On special occasions, I did wear underpants, after the party or whatever the occasion was, I went back to wearing diapers. So, I thought that wearing diapers was the normal thing to do and was not embarassed at all. It wasn't until we moved to suburbs that I discovered that it wasn't normal for a six year old to be still wearing diapers.

7. Did you ever go on sleep overs at friends houses, or away to camp when you were a bedwetter, and if so, did you have to wear a diaper or goodnite?

No. Actually, my motivation for finally staying dry at night was so that I could go camping with the Boy Scouts. By then, I was 10 years old.

8. For those who are now adults and still bedwet, how do you feel about it now?

My prolonged early experience with diapers led me to become a DL. After moving away from home, I started wearing diapers again and over time started bedwetting again. Now, it seems perfectly normal to be diapered at night.

9. As an adult bedwetter, how do you handle things now, and if you are married, how does your wife or husband feel about your bedwetting and how do both of you deal with it?

I'm not married.

10. Lastly, do you feel that, either as a kid, teen or adult, your bedwetting problem is or was the cause of you to becomming an AB or DL?

No doubt about it. My early experiences with diapers resulted in my feeling uncomfortable while not wearing diapers. So, as an adult, though I no longer had a physical or medical need for diapers, I had a psychological need. Over the years, as I practiced my DL activities, old habits began to reemerge. Now, I need to wear diapers because of the bedwetting and the fact that I'm losing daytime control, too.

• 3 weeks later...

I was dry at an early age, but when I was 15 I started wetting again. It was every night for a couple of years, then it tapered off to being a few nights in a row about once a month, then it stopped when I went to college.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Note: I am not a adult bedwetter, but I am a DL. (I am in a good mood and feel like sharing)

1. How old were you when you started bedwetting? From birth or did it start later in life? If later in life, do you know what caused you to start wetting the bed? Medical issues or stress from perhaps your parents getting a divorce, moving to a new city, being bullied at school, etc.

I was a bedwetter from birth to about 11. I think the reason it took me so long to grow out of it is because I was a heavy sleeper.

2. Do you know if it was hereditary, meaning did you have other siblings who also wet the bed or did either parent mention they were bedwetters?

No, I don't think so

3. If you bedwet as a kid, how did your parents deal with it? Did they force you to wear diapers? Did they try to embaress or humiliate you in front of other family members or friends to try to get you to stop (which, by the way I feel is child abuse!) Did they just suggest in a nice compassinate way that you wear some type of protection (diapers for us older kids or Goodnites for the more recent bedwetters)? Did they try no diapers and a bedwetting alarm of some kind, or did they wake you up every couple hours to go to the bathroom? Did they just do nothing and let you sleep in your wet sheets and bedding? If they suggested diapers or Goodnites, did they put them on you or if you were old enough, did they just allow you to put on your own diaper or Goodnites? If so, at what age were you when you put your own night time protection on?

My parents did "force" me to wear diapers (Goodnites to be exact), but I really didn't mind. I think when I was old enough they let me put them on myself. I remember still wetting the bed when I didn't wear protection and I was to embarrassed to tell my parents (although I'm sure they might have known). Not because I was afraid something bad would happen. I'm sure no one liked telling their parents they wet the bed when they should be old enough not to. (I'm not sure why I was so scared to tell them. My parents wouldn't have been mad at me)

4. How old were you when you remember stopping wetting the bed? Did you have any accidents afterwards, or relapses later that caused you to have to go back to diapers or Goodnites after you had stopped bedwetting?

About 11 or 12 I stopped wetting and I haven't since.

5. Who else knew that you wet the bed or had to wear diapers or Goodnites to bed? Family, relatives or even friends or classmates? How did those people treat you? Teasing and embaressment or just as if it was no big deal?

My brother knew, but I don't think he cared. My friends knew when I would sleep over, but they didn't mind either.

6. How did you yourself feel physically and emotionally about your bedwetting? Did you feel shame, as if you were doing something bad or wrong? Were you embaressed by your bedwetting or having to wear diapers to bed? Were you more relieved that your parents showed compassion and gave you something like Goodnites to help keep your bedding dry when you had an accident? Were you basically a normal happy kid even as a bedwetter, or because of bedwetting were you shy and withdrawen? If you were teased by other kids who may have found out, how did you handle it and deal with it emotionally?

Like any kid, I didn't like wetting the bed and I was glad my parents got me Goodnites. Despite almost being caught at a school sleepover (I wore a Goodnites and someone found it in the trash the next morning, but no one knew it was mine. Another time, my mom packed me Goodnites for my school trip to Baltimore and I was too embarrassed to wear them and ended up wetting the bed the last night we were there. I was teased a little that day by the people in my room, but nothing life scarring.), I never hated having wearing Goodnites

7. Did you ever go on sleep overs at friends houses, or away to camp when you were a bedwetter, and if so, did you have to wear a diaper or goodnite? Did anyone else know you were wearing protection on those sleepovers, or did anyone else at those sleepovers also have a bedwetting problem and wear protection too?

See above

8. For those who are now adults and still bedwet, how do you feel about it now? Do you wear diapers to bed still and either enjoy it, or instead wish you didn't still wet the bed or have to wear protection at night?

N/A

9. As an adult bedwetter, how do you handle things now, and if you are married, how does your wife or husband feel about your bedwetting and how do both of you deal with it? Is your spouse accepting of your problem and helpful with it, or does he or she get angry with you at times or dislike that you have to wear diapers to bed?

N/A

10. Lastly, do you feel that, either as a kid, teen or adult, your bedwetting problem is or was the cause of you to becomming an AB or DL?

Having to wear Goodnites was the main cause of my becoming a DL. I remember being caught playing with the diapers when I was 13* and my mom noticed some of them were used and asked if I was wetting the bed again. I yelled at her that I wasn't (she didn't ask in a mean or threatening tone, I was just embarrassed that she found out (I had been using them because I liked wearing and using them not because I needed to). She never asked about them. It wasn't until she caught me with Bambino diapers (they were Classico. The ones with baby written on them to make matters worse and I was 15. Looking back on it I wished A. That I found a better hiding spot for them and B. that I got the plain ones) that the topic of me and diapers comes up. I hope one day I can talk to her about them.

*I was shooting a movie with my little cousins and we were using them as a prop when my mother walked in to find us with them. Long story short they got thrown away and there wasn't a day of my teenage years that I didn't regret not hiding a few as they fit me well and I didn't have to buy diapers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It is undeniable that a significant number of children throughout the world experience a common concern of bedwetting and parents are vigorously trying to find out the best bedwetting solutions to save their children from inconvenience and embarrassment.

1. How old were you when you started bedwetting? I wet the bed regularly until I was about 10 years old. Then, when I was 14, I became incontinent as the result of a surgical mishap, and that meant that I started bedwetting again.

2. Do you know if it was hereditary, meaning did you have other siblings who also wet the bed or did either parent mention they were bedwetters? My father was a bedwetter into his teens, and one of his brothers wet all his life.

3. If you bedwet as a kid, how did your parents deal with it? As a child, I wore diapers for my bed wetting off and on. Probably as the result of talking to others, my guardian from time to time would decide that wearing diapers encouraged bedwetting and takeme out of them. Then she would get tired of washing my sheets and pyjamas every day and put me back in diapers. She treated wearing diapers as a privilege, and I much preferred waking up in a wet diaper to waking up in a cold, wet bed.

4. How old were you when you remember stopping wetting the bed? As noted above, I stopped when I was about 10 and started again at age 14 when I became incontinent.

5. Who else knew that you wet the bed or had to wear diapers or Goodnites to bed? Just family members and a few close friends.

6. How did you yourself feel physically and emotionally about your bedwetting? I had a lot of medical issues as a child. Bedwetting was neither the thing that concerned me most nor the least of my worries.

7. Did you ever go on sleep overs at friends houses, or away to camp when you were a bedwetter. I never went to sleepovers or to camp.

8. For those who are now adults and still bedwet, how do you feel about it now? Do you wear diapers to bed still and either enjoy it, or instead wish you didn't still wet the bed or have to wear protection at night? I wear diapers 24/7 because of my incontinence. I've learned to appreciate the positive sensory feelings that a diaper produces, but I suspect that I may not be a DL in exactly the same sense as many other people here.

9. As an adult bedwetter, how do you handle things now, and if you are married, how does your wife or husband feel about your bedwetting and how do both of you deal with it? I am married, and my spouse accepts my incontinence as a part of who I am. However, diapers play no role in our sexual life.

10. Lastly, do you feel that, either as a kid, teen or adult, your bedwetting problem is or was the cause of you to becomming an AB or DL? My incontinence is absolutely the cause of my becoming a DL. I had to learn to enjoy my diapers. If I had not become incontinent, I very much doubt that I would have developed an interest in wearing diapers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest DiaperChick979

Well I've wet the bed my entire life except for about a 3 or 4 year period when I was like 12. Up until the age I stopped for a little bit, my parents didn't really say much about it. In fact they were pretty encouraging, saying I would out grow it one day, which I did. But when it started again, they weren't encouraging at all and kept saying I was too old to wet the bed. After about the 3rd time, my mom decided I was going to wear diapers to bed. I wasn't too happy about that but when I woke up and realized my bed was dry, I decided wet diapers in the morning were easier than a wet bed. Haven't had a dry night in almost a year and a half.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I was a chronic bedwetter as a child and throughout my teens. I am back to nightly wetting again. in answer to the questions

1/ I don't remeber a time during my childhood when I didn't wet the bed. My earliest memories would be when I was about 2 or 3 years old when I was in nappies day and night.

2/ My Grandmother confided in me that my mother wet her bed well in to her teens. Both my mother and granmother were incontinent in old age.

3/ I was kept in nappies at night because I constantly wet the bed until I was about 8 or 9 years old. Then on the advice of our District Nurse I was taken out of nappies as it was thought if I was wet and uncomfortable at night I would soon stop wetting the bed. Yeah right like that worked. After that it was years of soggy sheets and smelly wet beds that I just got used to and to be honest started to enjoy by my teens. My mother used to air my matteras on the lawn for all to see and it was no secret I wet the bed. Family members used to discuss it as if I wern't there.

4/ I was in my teens before I had any dry nights. I know if I had really made an effort I could have beaten my bedwetting when I was about 12 or 13 years old but by that time I was so used to being wet at night if I woke needing to pee I just wet my bed and went back to sleep. I just didn't care and had no interest in being dry at night by then.

5/ Just about everyone knew I wet the bed. I used to get teased about it but gradually it just became accepted Steve wet his bed and probably always would.

6/ I can honestly say my bedwetting never bothered me. I only remember complaining about having a wet bed once and being told to shut up and get back in it before it went cold. After that I never complained and just got used to sleeping in a wet and smelly bed.