LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapered Airline Traveller.

So, I'm sitting at the departure gate in Dulles awaiting my flight, and I see a coupe with two small kids. One is probably 2 and in diapers, the other is maybe 6 or 7. I overheard the parents discussing changing the youngest and putting the oldest in a diaper for the flight too. I guess the two can wear the same size. The father reaches in the diaper bag and takes one out and walks off with the boy. Truth is most airplane toilets are nasty and quite cramped, That is probably not a bad idea. Of course, I wouldn't want to get stuck on a flight next to a stinky kid or person, but for light urination, it would be quite an improvement. I also kept thinking, lucky kid! Joey

Guest stephdiapered

Growing up, mom would make me wear nappies for flights or long car trips or train rides. She never changed me in such stalls only before and after. Although she did humiliate me by changing me in the shopping centre's ladies toilet.

Guest stephdiapered

Depends really. If you want to bring your child into a cramp space for a diaper change, prepared to find it really uncomfortable. My mother would tape on a pretty good diaper before even check in then prob change it upon landing.

Guest stephdiapered

I fly diapered weekly and routinely am grateful that I have thick diapers on when the flight is delayed, seatbelt sign doesn't go off, or we are stuck on the runway.

Very frequent flyer here. I too love the convenience of the diaper, especially when my bladder acts up and I don't know when a leak might occur. What I don't like about flying with diaper are two things: the ever increasing bulk in/under my crotch due to the swelling diaper (it makes sitting uncomfortable sometimes), and the risk of being pulled aside during the screening process due to the wet diaper core showing up on the scanner. I don't mind being subjected to the extra search and that of my carry-on bag (my exhibitionist self even likes that) but I do mind the delay that results from it.

• Like 1

This might just be a good idea for traveling with small children. Having traveled quite a bit in my time, I know that the 'bathrooms' in airliners are wretchedly small and compact. This is difficult enough to manage as an adult alone in the thing, it would be VERY difficult for a parent with a child who might need help or be intimidated by the situation and strange environment that such facilities offer. Diapers or pull ups offer about a 4 hour level of protection which would be a convenient thing on flights of 5 hours or so (such as ones going from Coast to Coast etc) longer flights though would pose their own issues with where to change an old kid wearing a 'just in case' diaper (as in Angela's childhood) But over all I don't see this as a bad idea, if handled properly, since you have to also deal with the childs self esteem and other issues or questions. All of this is a heck of a ot better than cleaning up or changing clothes in flight or cleaning up a flight seat or a bathroom mess.... But thats just me..

I've always wanted to fly diapered. Airport bathrooms are kind of... icky, anyways. I was/still am slightly afraid that TSA will get all fussy if they find diapers in my carry-on. Then again, I kind of want them to pull my bag aside just so I can see the look on their face when they open it. :P

the tsa could care less about diapers in a carry on or checked bag.. i've gone on loads of trips where i've had diapers, wipes, powder, dildos, butt plugs, etc...etc... in my carry on, as well as checked bag and never once has any fuss ever been made.

I have taken my kids on a number of international and overseas trips, before and after they were potty trained. I change their diapers in airport bathrooms as well as in bathrooms on airplanes. No issues ever, other than the inconvenience of the small space onboard.

Since they are potty trained I have never once put tem in diapers "just in case". My wife and I are believers of the "cold turkey" method of potty training and it worked for our kids. When they are ready, they are ready.

For myself and my own issues, it's different, of course...

My SO and I just got back from Costa Rica and I had no real problems at the airports. The only thing that happened was in Costa Rica when you are in the hallway to board the plane they have a row of tables with about 4 ladies from security that check your carry on bags. When she opened mine she stared in for a minute and started to pull one of my abena's out then realized what it was. She quickly closed the bag and told me I can board. I think she was more embarrassed than I was.

I have taken my kids on a number of international and overseas trips, before and after they were potty trained. I change their diapers in airport bathrooms as well as in bathrooms on airplanes. No issues ever, other than the inconvenience of the small space onboard.

Since they are potty trained I have never once put tem in diapers "just in case". My wife and I are believers of the "cold turkey" method of potty training and it worked for our kids. When they are ready, they are ready.

For myself and my own issues, it's different, of course...

I agree completely. That's kinda the problem with parents and potty training today as there doesn't seem to be a full on 100% commitment and kids get constantly put in and out of diapers. Very, very, extremely confusing for a kid. Think about the message your sending. No more diapers....unless x,y,z then it's okay to wear them but try not use them, but if you have to, then okay. WHAT?? And then at what age do you as a parent stop this? 4, 5, 10, 12??? As a parent, the better plan I feel and one we've used is limit the amount of fluid before travel. You produce little urine if you don't consume liquids. You're kids not going to go into severe dehydration over the course of the flight. So a couple hours before you fly or travel, no liquids or very, very little. Once you get to where you are going or just before you arrive, load em back up with liquids. Not sure how diapers are "easier" for parents. It requires planning and thought too but now you need to bring something with. With having young children, we always have spare clothes on hand and yup, we've had to use them because of an accident here or there. To be honest, a lot of the accidents I blamed myself for cause I didn't do my job as a parent and have them go even if they "didnt have to" or stop to go to the bathroom when we could, wait too long and then it's too late, allowed them too much liquid before bed, travel, etc. It's definitely crossed my mind to have them wear a diaper considering my situation, but that's a thing for me, diapers, and not something I'm going to push off on my innocent kids just to confuse them.

I'm incontinent after a car accident so I don't have a choice and I have a Dr. note as well. I also am in Canada so I don't have the same level of scrutiny to deal with. That being said I usually change my diaper and put on an M4 in the washrooms at the airport just before boarding so if possible I don't have to try and change on the plane. I go to the airport and through security with an M2 as to keep the bulk down and not call attention to it. I haven't had any real issues except in Mexico where I had to explain to some one who spoke very little English that they were diapers in my carry on. She ended up calling over another person who spoke enough English to get the point through.

I have an airline tripped planned in a few months and am concerned about the issue with diapers. I have an overactive bladder and am worried about losing control on a long flight with a long period where the seatbelt sign remains on.

I've never flown, but I have taken some long bus trips. Some of the bus toilets are nasty. I've been padded on my last trip and I have seen a kid padded on a separate trip. Of course, it was a Depends Real-Fit. Didn't use until I got into my apartment and couldn't hold on any longer.

I agree completely. That's kinda the problem with parents and potty training today as there doesn't seem to be a full on 100% commitment and kids get constantly put in and out of diapers. Very, very, extremely confusing for a kid. Think about the message your sending. No more diapers....unless x,y,z then it's okay to wear them but try not use them, but if you have to, then okay. WHAT?? And then at what age do you as a parent stop this? 4, 5, 10, 12??? As a parent, the better plan I feel and one we've used is limit the amount of fluid before travel. You produce little urine if you don't consume liquids. You're kids not going to go into severe dehydration over the course of the flight. So a couple hours before you fly or travel, no liquids or very, very little. Once you get to where you are going or just before you artive, load em back up with liquids. Not sure how diapers are "easier" for parents. It requires planning and thought too but now you need to bring something with. With having young children, we always have spare clothes on hand and yup, we've had to use them because of an accident here or there. To be honest, a lot of the accidents I blamed myself for cause I didn't do my job as a parent and have them go even if they "didnt have to" or stop to go to the bathroom when we could, wait too long and then it's too late, allowed them too much liquid before bed, travel, etc. It's definitely crossed my mind to have them wear a diaper considering my situation, but that's a thing for me, diapers, and not something I'm going to push off on my innocent kids just to confuse them.