LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

This Is So Sad

Holy "The Baby"

Wow, that is Sad. It sure puts things into perspective for those who want to remain "Young" Forever. As the saying Goes: "Be Careful what you wish for."

I saw Brooke on Discovery or TLC...I forget which. It is sad to say the least. Her bedroom is still a nursery basically never really changing from when she was an actual infant. She still sleeps in a crib. The cool thing about Brooke is that she has a swing that she can propel herself. If she is upset about something she will swing back and both in rapid succession to show that she is not a happy camper.

I recently read an article about the opposite- a pair of teenage brothers who are already experiencing old age health issues :( Maybe someday we will have the medical genetic knowledge to help these people have more normal lives, but I fear that the same genetic meddling will be twisted into making all people "normal", and that will be a very bad thing :crybaby: Power without wisdom is always a disaster, and we're not ready to wield the power curing these problems looks like it will take <_<

^ My response is mediated by my knowledge of you. That being said, I feel everyone would the ability to have a normal life in a perfect world. The world is not perfect, but if we can make it better, we sure as hell should.

So… if I'm reading that article correctly and that article is reporting correctly she hasn't just stopped growing… she's actually stopped aging. If she has actually stopped aging… uh… what? Does she not die of old age? I guess since she's only 20 and is apparently, again based on that article, the only known person with this disorder it's hard to know. If she has literally stopped aging that is nuts and actually gives plausibility to genetic science being able to do the same in healthy adults.

It has been so long ago that I can't remember the details well, but I saw an in-depth show once about how a body ages. When a cell gets damaged or dies, the new cell that is reproduced loses something in the DNA or chromosomes, so that it is not quite as good as the one it replaced. That keeps contuniung :rolleyes: So here, the body has ceased to develop but it is still aging ;) I also recall there is a slowing down of cell reproduction as we age because of these losses. This girl will die of old age eventually, just like us all, but in a un-matured body :whistling:

Actually, it is less a matter of sad than of horror, in the actualydefinition of which is a hint of sadness, or more correctly, pathos, but also other things. What we take to be "horror" as in monsterr and other scary things is terror. Which is shy I posted "Holy "The Baby", that was a horror movie, not to mention the twist ending. There was a pathos to it that ins't in

You call this a "horror story", Christine.

"redefine normal as an individual subjetive..." HUH??? that is absurd, it would cease to be normal since it would be redefined out of any real-world connections. It's a tough thing to be in, but lets keep our heads on straight. If you "redefine normal as individual subjective...." then in a city of the blind a sighted man is a lunatic" as the phrase goes. You lose your moorings to reality and soon the ability to deal with the situation, or anythihng else

I see a "usual" :) But there is no 'normal' ;) It is a hard word to avoid using sometimes- I did it myself in an above post where I said "more normal" :whistling: 'Usual' is definable; 'normal' comprises of the 'usual' but extends further than this, and that extension is subjective. For the girl mentioned in the OP and the other's mentioned in this thread too, I would want them all happy, whatever that was for them, and for most people (but not me :roflmao: ) that is usually pretty close to normal - thus my previous statement :)

It has been so long ago that I can't remember the details well, but I saw an in-depth show once about how a body ages. When a cell gets damaged or dies, the new cell that is reproduced loses something in the DNA or chromosomes, so that it is not quite as good as the one it replaced. That keeps contuniung :rolleyes: So here, the body has ceased to develop but it is still aging ;) I also recall there is a slowing down of cell reproduction as we age because of these losses. This girl will die of old age eventually, just like us all, but in a un-matured body :whistling:

I would not care to live that story, would you?

The thing is that it isn't necessarily a choice, but it doesn't mean it is a horror story.

I don't find it sad. She has a mind of a infant right? So she doesn't know any difference so it's not like she knows what it going on in the real world and is aware of things other 20 year olds are doing and wishes she can have the same. At least the parents don't have a problem with caring for her until they can't do it anymore due to old age. That is the worry they have to live with everyday I am sure. Unless one of their other children decides to take over and care for her too. Does that mean she will live on forever and she will be cared for by her own siblings and by their own kids and then by their own kids and then by their own kids. Or is she aging on the inside and her brain and outside isn't? If so, then she won't live forever either.

Actually, it is less a matter of sad than of horror, in the actualydefinition of which is a hint of sadness, or more correctly, pathos, but also other things. What we take to be "horror" as in monsterr and other scary things is terror. Which is shy I posted "Holy "The Baby", that was a horror movie, not to mention the twist ending. There was a pathos to it that ins't in